Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
[ home ][ about us ]
[ forums ][ classifieds ]
[ links ][ news archive ]
[ link to us ][ user account ]
FeaturesMain »» OS4 Zone - Service and Support
|Blank screen (no UBoot) solutions |
(Read 12181 times)
|CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS FOR THE DREADED BLANK SCREEN|
POSSIBLE CAUSES OF BLANK SCREEN (NO UBOOT PROMPT AT BOOTUP
1. CPU needs replaced (NutsAboutAmiga post #3 in "Amigaone RIP")
2. CPU needs reseated ()
3. Battery cr2032 needs replaced (nzv58l post #1 in "A1 boots with disk activity, but no screen. (This thing takes batteries)")
4. Incompatibility with a card (MichaelMerkel post #1 and #11 in "radeon 9250 (HIS) - not working at all")
5. RAM is incompatible ()
6. UBoot flashed wrong ()
7. Power supply could be faulty/not firmly connected (Wizzard_o post #2 in "A1 not booting")
8. Faulty PATA/IDE cables
9. Faulty PATA/IDE drives
SOLUTION #1 (mlehto post #4 in "Dying AmigaOne")
1. Switch off PSU.
2. Disconnect everything (AGP &PCI cards, SDRAM, battery, cables) except PSU cable from motherboard.
3. Disconnect PSU from motherboard.
4. Unplug power cable from PSU.
5. Wait 5 minutes.
6. Connect AGP/PCI graphics card, SDRAM, and a fresh battery.
7. Connect PSU cable to motherboard.
8. Boot AmigaOne w/o drives connected. If UBoot appears, the problem could be faulty ATA cables or drives. If UBoot does not appear, the problem could be a faulty PSU.
SOLUTION #2 (NeolFuller post #14 in "Dying AmigaOne")
1. Remove CMOS battery.
2. Install CMOS battery upside down.
3. Reinstall CMOS battery right-side up.
4. Boot AmigaOne. If UBoot appears, great. If not, try reseating the graphics card.
SOLUTION #3 (Tomas post #17 in "Dying AmigaOne")
1. Remove CMOS battery.
2. Unplug motherboard from PSU.
3. Wait for a full day.
4. Reconnect PSU to motherboard.
5. Reinstall battery.
6. Boot Amigaone.
1. Disconnect any serial cables connected to the AmigaOne.
1. Send the motherboard to kgrach.
1. Send the CPU module to ACube (you'll get a faster processor).
SOLUTION #7 (kgrach post #8 in "A1 died today")
1. Pull power cord
2. Pull battery
3. Pull all cards
4. Pull all cables
5. Pull keyboard mouse and anything and everything from all ports.
6. Disconnect everything from PSU if you haven't already
7. Pull and re-seat memory. If you have more then one only put back one.
8. Gently push on the back of the cpu module to make sure it is well seated don't push on heat sink
9. Insert video card.
10. Attach monitor to video card
11. Attach PSU to motherboard
12. Replace battery
13. Attach power cord to PSU
14.THATS ALL DON'T CONNECT ANYTHING ELSE NO KEYBOARD MOUSE NOTHING NADA ZILCH
15. Hit the power button does it work?
If that doesn't work still leave everything disconnected and switch to 100 FSB.
If that doesn't work still leave everything disconnected and pull video card.
If you have a null modem cable see if you get any reports from the serial port if you need help on setting that up ask kgrach. - PhantomInterrogative
|Copyright © 2000 - 2017 Amigaworld.net.