Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 104 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

OneTimer1,  Tpod

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OneTimer1:  3 secs ago
 Tpod:  36 secs ago
 amigang:  5 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  35 mins ago
 matthey:  50 mins ago
 Rob:  57 mins ago
 amigagr:  1 hr ago
 _ThEcRoW:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 26 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  OS4 on Classics - mini-FAQ/Questions and Answers
Register To Post

PosterThread
Hypex 
Re: OS4 on Classics - mini-FAQ/Questions and Answers
Posted on 28-Oct-2007 14:50:45
#1 ]
Elite Member

@TetiSoft

Quote:
I could understand it eventually when somebody would complain that OS4 for theAOne cant run WarpUp applications, but I fail to see the need to start OS4on a classic machine for running a WarpUp demo. Just start OS3 with WarpUpfor this.

Yes, being able to use OS3/PPC is handy and would enable one to use WarpUP, kind of like having an Update #4 setup on an A1.

But, since you have given a qualifier, I am going to complain that my OS4 Final setup on my A1 can't run WarpUP applications, so there.

Quote:
The same type of argument can be used for running games which need WHDLoad.Such a game is IMHO not a "friendly" game (not friendly to the OS and notfriendly to the user, otherwise it would be harddisk installable). OS4 mayor may not be compatible enough to run a game which runs under OS3 plusWHDLoad, but it really doesnt matter, the user doesnt need to destroy hisexisting OS3 setup to install OS4.

With WHDLoad they are friendlier, as it allows you to run a hardware bashing game that takes over the system, then quit it nicely. But it won't stop it doing it's thing. On OS4 running such games or in my experience "friendly" hardware bashing games ends up in a blank pointer IIRC. When "nothing" happens on screen you know it is writing to the custom chips but nothing else is going to happen because those addresses don't do anything.

Profile     Report this post  
 Top | Parent

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle