Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 105 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 edwardsjethro:  15 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  16 mins ago
 Sikharubel:  19 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  42 mins ago
 MagicSN:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 49 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 VooDoo:  2 hrs 27 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Searching for the real Amiga, Incorporated
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
Re: Searching for the real Amiga, Incorporated
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 11:59:15
# ]

@hooligan

Quote:

hooligan wrote:
@Coder
Just have to wonder how Amiga does business... through irc sessions?

Of course! Real life is soooooo last century.

*Biddlybong*

Oh that's the CEO of IBM on MSN now, must dash....

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 17:10:06
# ]

Just did a check... And nope, there is no legal requirement for my former company to list it's address on it's website... (I'm retired)

And as for getting in contact with them... Well since all their meetings are conducted in person with clients who are recomended by word of mouth, there is no need to list contact details to the general public.

Not every company is Amazon.com you know...

Report this post  
JKD 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 17:24:21
#43 ]

@MikeB

Here's some more mirrors for what you are smoking buddy!

Last edited by JKD on 02-Apr-2005 at 05:27 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
cecilia 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 18:35:44
#44 ]
Cult Member

@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
PS: Considering you know one 'Realize' who lives 'in new york' ( although I seriously doubt that its at the good part of Manhatten ) maybe ask him on IRC to go take the metro to check it out. He would be getting himself a nice gold star from Voldemort as a matter of thanks if he does...
I happen to be in NY and the next time I'm walking around manhatten, i'll give the address a look.
Just don't expect me to dash out today. I've got things to do.

do I get the gold star if i get pictures????

Anonymous 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 18:44:55
# ]

@cecilia

UGH! now you've got that god-awful "New York City Girl" disco song playing in my head.

"Oooooohaaaaaah! You're a naaaative noo yawker...."

Make it stop!

I suppose it makes a change from hearing "Cecilia" everytime I read one of you posts.

"Oooooh Ceceeeeelia you're breaking my heart, you're shaking my confidence daily...."

No that's back as well. That's what happens when your wife insists on listening to Heart 106.2 in the car all the time.

Report this post  
cecilia 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 19:37:20
#46 ]
Cult Member

@Uncharted

when i get out there i'll be sure to sing, "These boots were made for walking.."

walter 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 20:53:25
#47 ]

@Wiffy
("negative light" turned off, er, deleted)

Possibility #6. Possessed by the demon gods of Baza'arthandoumvanoiia, Bolton
blah, blah...

Sigh. As much as I detest the tone of nearly all of Fabio's posts (EVER,
ANYWHERE), and as much I appreciate the achievement of AW in moderating the
discourse surrounding my favorite platform, and as much as I want the Amiga
IP controllers to prosper and receive some respect from the community, I am
troubled by this.

SERIOUSLY, maybe TronMan thinks he's owed money, wants his money, has
encountered an obstacle trying to contact AI or its successor about the money,
and is casting about for some help to overcome the problem. Maybe he ain't
done everything he could or should do yet, maybe he's still working on it.
Maybe there's no childish, manipulative, or emotional component to it. EVEN
IF he's a completely bad fellow, maybe he's legally entitled to the money.
Give him about half a break, OK?

Maybe AI should pay him, OR tell him to his satisfaction when he'll be paid,
OR explain why they are not responsible for the debts of the AI that didn't
pay him, OR explain very clearly why no debt is owed ('cuz AI couldn't/didn't
defend the suit is NO ANSWER, BTW). They don't need to tell you or me a
goddam thing about his or their business, but IMHO they should communicate
with him directly and promptly. That's how I would hope I'd be treated by
anyone I did business with.

FURTHERMORE, the incorrect address on the website is appalling. Giving a
FALSE address would be quite dishonest. Not promptly correcting an unwitting
mistake is terrible public relations. This should be explained to the
community, as openly and completely as possible.

There are too many reasons in recent history to be apprehensive about the
integrity and actions of the AI owners. Get rid of one of those reasons.
Earn our respect.

Sorry to be such a longwinded fecalhead, but it feels SOOOO GOOOOOOD.

Walter

herewegoagain 
Posted on 2-Apr-2005 23:27:22
#48 ]
Elite Member

@Tronman

Quote:
Nice try. Suite 301, is definitely on the address-It is the suite number mentioned on Amiga's web page. Did you think I wouldn't have tried that? I've been emailing them for months with no answer and yes, they have been polite emails. So I thought I'd give the address in question a try..

So did you email any of the new addresses that were posted on the new website and still not get answers?

Anonymous 
Posted on 3-Apr-2005 7:37:06
# ]

@walter

Quote:

IF he's a completely bad fellow, maybe he's legally entitled to the money.
Give him about half a break, OK?

Where on earth do you think Im 'not giving him a break', I merely posed some questions, and I have stated over and over that a court judgement is made in his favour already and he is legally entitled to the money.

Covering the two most obvious rationale why someone might not follow due process I think si reasonable, interpolating to create a fantastical....

Quote:

Possibility #6. Possessed by the demon gods of Baza'arthandoumvanoiia, Bolton
blah, blah..

...would indeed be unreasonable. It is not even as if this is the first instance of Bolton grandstanding. This is one in a long old line of it.

Also, you say you are troubled by the address situation, so?!? Join the club, or rather I would be troubled by it more if there wasn't already so much scar tissue around the word Amiga already.

As was said in the first page of this thread, Amiga Inc employees and representatives are on this board and can therefore reply for themselves. Bolton started this thread, he can reply to the simple question 'Why are you not following legal avenues open to you?' just as easily.

Now we also got one other board user nipping over the offices to take a look-see.

Personally I'd just sit back and wait for that than attempt to indulge in withering sarcasm to try and take issue with cynical posts like mine.

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 3-Apr-2005 7:39:11
# ]

@cecilia

Quote:

I happen to be in NY and the next time I'm walking around manhatten, i'll give the address a look.
Just don't expect me to dash out today. I've got things to do.

do I get the gold star if i get pictures????

Ill ready the big-ole gold star now... ( and thanks btw )

Report this post  
Tronman 
Posted on 4-Apr-2005 6:37:28
#51 ]

@Wiffy
I have tried repeatedly to follow legal channels-for TWO YEARS NOW. So has my attorney. In the state of Washington, the King County legal system is so full that they simply don't have time to prosecute these guys. And if they did, where does Amiga reside now? In New York? In Delaware? In San Francisco? The Moon?

I am not trying to be a hero here. I don't care what people think of me on this forum, I JUST WANT MY MONEY! Can I state it more simply? Amiga personnel have NEVER responded to ANY legal request for information, paperwork, or pretty much anything else, ever, regarding my case. They didn't go to court to fight me on it because, frankly, their attorneys told them it wasn't worth the money to show up. My case was pretty solid.

Then the smarmy MikeB comes on and says 'I know where Amiga is but I'm not saying' more or less. Then you come on and talk about the 'pugnacious aspects of human behavior' while insinuating that I don't want this to be solved because I simply love the hero worship instead. ####! We're talking about a debt that is rapidly closing on seventy thousand dollars, with interest as mandeated by the court. After the legal fees, That would pay off my second mortgage. Or establish a trust fund for my children's college education.

However in the USA when a company buys another company, they get the whole enchilada-debts, assets and all. If they'd just cherry picked the IP like they kinda made noises about doing at first, that would be different and I'd be still chasing the original Amiga. But, as Hare publically stated, he bought the whole company, lock stock and barrel.

I don't have Hare's home address or I'd be sending the letter there. I don't (and apparently, not too many others do either) have Amiga's real address. So, where should I have my attorney send his registered letter that says the same thing mine does?

I posted this news item around for one reason-it was my last recourse. I have NO WAY of contacting Amiga, Incorporated in any meaningful way. They never respond to emails. I have no working number, well I have McEwen's cel number but why call him? He'll just tell me he doesn't have the money. You'll note I never posted that number publicly either.

I'm no stalker, I have no interest in damaging anyone's life. I just want my money, OK?? Is that so goddamn hard for people to understand? Amiga owes me the money, they haven't paid me.

Now, if you'd like this to end, you can email me privately with Garry Hare's and/or Amiga's CFO's contact information, and my attorney and I can go from there. I promise not to reveal any such info publically. However, Amiga's complete lack of communication, coupled with King County's seeming inability to do anything to enforce their court orders, leaves me with no other option but to come out and say:

'hey, I can't get ahold of these guys. Why would they put a fake address on the website that the whole world sees?' Wow, that's pretty malicious! If that means I have a hero complex, then so be it.. And, if Amiga are basing their whole capability of being contacted on one of Hare's friends in New York holding mail for a nonexistent address-then, well, how shady is that??

On the day I get paid, as I've said many times before, I'll be equally zealous in my reporting of that fact. The world will know..

Coder 
Posted on 4-Apr-2005 7:00:02
#52 ]
Team Member

@Tronman

That is a lot of money. I have to agree here that this whole matter of not being able to reach them sucks. Afterall we are talking here about NOT being able to reach them. I don't know the details of this case but when it comes to not getting money your are owned I understand the frustration. Even after the court decides in your favour.

Coder

Anonymous 
Posted on 4-Apr-2005 11:18:02
# ]

@Tronman

There is a difference between saying and implying, and identifying the possibilities. I said if you could answer whether or not I am wrong about the legal system. Seems I am not.

Then you answered whether you had tried to use due process, you had, you just happen to be in the zip code of a rather innefficient court system.

Thank you for clearing that up.

However where I am wrong is in not phrasing my sentences clearly enough so you didn't get a temper on. For that, I apologise.

Quote:

Now, if you'd like this to end, you can email me privately with Garry Hare's and/or Amiga's CFO's contact information,

Actually I don't want it to end, because I think this serves to embarass someone who SHOULD be embarassed. I also do not have the contact information, or any inside information in the slightest.

Report this post  
Tronman 
Posted on 5-Apr-2005 2:14:00
#54 ]

@Wiffy
You are welcome. I guess I wasn't clear enough before either, that I'd tried repeatedly to exercise my legal options. But when Amiga doesn't contact me for a couple of years, there's not much of any other option is there?

I keep hoping these guys will get the hint and start talking to me, but so far it hasn't worked. Nothing seems to..

Dwyloc 
Posted on 5-Apr-2005 15:21:17
#55 ]

@Tronman

In the UK well Scotland anyway (Scotland and England have different legal systems),
Knowingly publishing false information is considered to be fraudulent behaviour especially in a commercial context.

4MB Minimig with ARM addon boar

cell 
Posted on 6-Apr-2005 5:51:38
#56 ]

@Tronman

Best of luck getting this problem solved -- I truly sympathize with you mate.

Anonymous 
Posted on 6-Apr-2005 9:11:47
# ]

@Dwyloc

I'm surprised there isn't a "companies house" in the US where a company has to have a registered address.

{edit}

A quick search reveals that there are 8 Amigas registered in Delaware alone! Someone somewhere must have a proper registered address, the taxman perhaps?

Last edited by Uncharted on 06-Apr-2005 at 09:34 AM.

Report this post  
ssolie 
Posted on 6-Apr-2005 15:05:44
#58 ]
Elite Member

@Tronman
How can they do this? How can they just ignore you and your family? How can they abuse the justice system like this? I'm not claiming to have answers but I recently saw a film/documentary called "The Corporation" (see http://www.thecorporation.com/) which explored these types of questions. It tried to answer why good people with good values work for a corporation which then goes around and does evil things. Something to ponder while you wait for your cheque.

Anonymous 
Posted on 6-Apr-2005 15:30:26
# ]

@Tronman

Not being paid is wrong. That I wont defend.

But people seem to be under the impression that buisness is somehow a just and fair human invention. Its not. Investors (Of which I'm one - though not in Amiga) are greedy barstewards who want to improve their lot for as little work as they can.

If it comes between being fair and me losing money, you can rot in spellhold (Not my true feelings) for all I care. And thats what Garry is hearing from these evil types with the cash.

Rather than be confrontational (With public postings such as this), your best bet would be to establish a personal relationship where you can discuss this privately and away from investors. You won the court case fair and square, but as I already said this isn't a fair a square marketplace. If you want a chance at recovering the money, try to work out a compromise. Not on the amount outstanding, but on the amounts to be paid at any one time.

If you can get the money back in small payments rather than a large one, it might be easier for Garry to free up cash to pay you. Not ideal, but it might be your best bet. Otherwise you might just get buried in red tape. Sadly that seems to be an acceptable buisness practice nowadays.

Perhaps if you scaled back from DEFCON 1, you might get more succes with your emails?

Report this post  
walter 
Posted on 6-Apr-2005 22:15:50
#60 ]

@Wiffy

Sure takes me a long time to reply. This thread has passed me by...

Please forgive my intemperateness. I should have more carefully read your last
paragraph ("pugnacious aspects"), which apologizes in advance.

I still don't think that your fourth and fifth options explained Bolton's actions
better than my sarcastic and fantastical attempt.

For the fourth, although U.S. court decisions can be reversed on appeal, it's hard to
see how enforcement of a judgement would lead to reversal. A default judgement is
not a legal defect. I bet he's not afraid of losin'. (Aside: I don't think many
U.S. jurisdictions provide free, systematic, or quick collection of judgements
---doing some of your own legwork is a good idea. On amiga.org it's indicated that
the New York Dept. of State does have some help for this. I hope it starts to
resolve the issue. I'm certainly glad Cecilia's going to check that address.)

For the fifth, IMHO most folks are more motivated by their own interest than by things
emotional (in this case, Bolton probably wants money more than the regard of AI-haters).

IMHO, those options confuse the issue ("Why is Bolton bringing this up?") without
adding to our understanding of it or of its more important context ("What kind of
company is AI? Will they talk straight? Is it safe to be involved with them?").
The suggestion that he had avoided normal procedure because his case is weak, or
because of vanity, seemed unlikely, and a little too insulting for my taste
---there's the break he deserves, IMO. His later, long post was pretty persuasive.

Regarding Bolton's grandstanding, I searched a bit, and couldn't find anything as bad
as ANN's average I'll try more later. He's liable to be more upset than most of
us, but with some cause. (It was interesting but kinda sad to learn something about
the Amithlon negotiations with AI, before H&P got its claws into it. Amithlon's my
main machine, presently.)

By bringing up the address problem Bolton may have done us a favor. If it simply
corrects a goof (Mr. Grzymala's name has been added to the website, which is a good
sign), it will be a tiny favor. If it did reveal deliberate dishonesty on AI's
part, it would be critically important to some people. No contact address is
better than a misleading one. I think the new AI needs to be more honest and decent
than its competition; as you point out, there's too much bad recent history.

A word about my biases. I should become a uA-1 owner in about a month if the dealer
is correct; I ain't buyin' it for Linux. A good friend is an active MorphOS user
(G3 Peg II, I think). I don't know much about AROS. I have substantial respect for
Hyperion, it's a helluva job, nobody with any sense woulda took it. I wish we heard
more from Eyetech, but I have generally positive feelings about them. Bill Buck
makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck, not sure why. AI and AAnywhere are
not very important to me (I should just shut up, right?), except as they touch on
OS4's future.

Well, time to change ol' Stinkenhind's Monster and make tea for her Mom.

Walter

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle