Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 118 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  5 mins ago
 Rob:  17 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  33 mins ago
 t0lkien:  38 mins ago
 amigakit:  58 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 Troels:  2 hrs 13 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 28 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 57 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  4 hrs 2 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Mai lives.? Web site back up
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Turambar 
Re: Mai lives.? Web site back up
Posted on 27-May-2005 11:03:53
#21 ]

@Rogue

I never claimed Mai was dead when their website went down, it's not the first time its happened and im sure it wont be the last. My statement was in response to the suggestion that a several year old blurb on their website somehow suggests that all is well in the world of Mai. There is no evidence to suggest that Mai is dead and only a website currently suggests they are alive in any form, unless you know something everyone else doesnt.

Profile     Report this post  
MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 11:05:25
#22 ]
Elite Member

@Mr_Capehill

Just imagine all the Doom & Gloom stories circulating some forums if Amiga.com or Eyetech.co.uk would go down for a while! Ohh... this already happened...

Mr_Capehill 
Posted on 27-May-2005 11:16:29
#23 ]

@MikeB

What about Hyperion... *GASP*

MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 11:22:40
#24 ]
Elite Member

@Mr_Capehill

The Frieden brothers virtually live and breathe on our forums, so they are in constant public communication with the Amiga community. Most commercial companies like Mai Logic, Tao Group, QSSL (QNX), etc, etc don't have such an open public presence as Hyperion does.

tomazkid 
Posted on 27-May-2005 11:22:45
#25 ]
Team Member

@Mr_Capehill

Quote:
What about Hyperion... *GASP*

No worries

When that happens, we will all be waiting for the next OS4-update

Rogue 
Posted on 27-May-2005 11:41:41
#26 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@Turambar

Quote:
I never claimed Mai was dead when their website went down

What makes you think I was referring to you?

Rogue 
Posted on 27-May-2005 11:42:56
#27 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@MikeB

Quote:
The Frieden brothers virtually live and breathe on our forums, so they are in constant public communication with the Amiga community. Most commercial companies like Mai Logic, Tao Group, QSSL (QNX), etc, etc don't have such an open public presence as Hyperion does.

I have to point out that I am not employed by Hyperion, merely contracted

smithy 
Posted on 27-May-2005 11:53:44
#28 ]

The website barely works, it looks like some accountant has made a half-assed attempt to put it online, and what about their not paying employees, phones disconnected etc. How about them releasing some products?

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 12:35:42
#29 ]

@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@Turambar

Quote:
I never claimed Mai was dead when their website went down

What makes you think I was referring to you?

Whom were you referring to?

~~ Henry Ford

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-May-2005 13:02:27
# ]

@Wiffy

Quote:

Wiffy wrote:
@Interesting

So all those that took the piss out of those that were saying its likely to be a website issue rather than the company folding up, going bankrupt, the world ending and the sky falling should now apologise?

Shurely Shome Mishtake!

So everything is fine with MAI then? You can tell this from their (semi-working) web page? Well if so, then great (I suppose)!

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 27-May-2005 13:23:05
# ]

@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
Now, that is prototypical.

If the website is gone, everybody is yelling "MAI is dead. MAI is dead". The disappearance of the site was enough to "prove" that.

No, it wasn't! MAI being sued by the US Dept of Labor, and their key partner for new products as well, them not answering phones or disconnected fax, them never have had a working product that has been sold in volume but still all the costs, etc, *those* things made people speculate about the health of MAI. Their entire corporate Internet presence going away, with web, e-mail, ftp, etc was merely the top of the iceberg, the most visible thing but at the same time the smallest part of the problem.

I'd say that the concerns about MAI's health was (and still is) quite justified, and the return of their web page (of which the main page is almost the only thing working) does not change that. By the way, it is still impossible to mail them, I just tried. And even if their Internet site would work, it's still only the top of the iceberg and not the most important thing.

Maybe MAI *is* fine? To me it doesn't look that way, but maybe they are? If not, maybe they will recover? Who knows? Well, we'll see about that I suppose ...

Quote:
Now I am waiting for someone to come up with a stupid catchphrase like "There was no MAI in April".

That was a good one, actually!

Report this post  
ssolie 
Posted on 27-May-2005 13:54:17
#32 ]
Elite Member

@Rogue
There are some people who post out of curiosity or perhaps they like a good mystery. But then there are some people who post out of malice. Given their posting history over the years, I find it increasingly difficult to believe some people are just posting out of curiosity. We'll leave it a mystery as to whom we are referring to.

I really don't know why we even bother with these topics but I suppose it is at least entertaining from an outsider's perspective. Anyway, back to work.

MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 16:00:35
#33 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:
Whom were you referring to?

I would say it's just a general observation I would a agree with. IMO specificly finger pointing to one or more individual(s) in particular will not do any good, for instance the last thing I would like to see is them coming to AW to "defend" themselves. They know who they are and mostly ir's a group of people who shout Doom & Gloom and belittle anything Amiga Inc / Eyetech / Mai Logic /OS4 related, while also sheering for almost any news from (a) certain competitor(s) by default.

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 16:16:41
#34 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

I would say it's just a general observation I would a agree with.

I can't hide it looked like a strawman attack to me. I haven't seen anyone (apart from some isolated anonymous people) claiming that MAI is gone because of their website having disappeared. As takemehomegrandma pointed out, that was only one minor thing in the whole.

Quote:

IMO specificly finger pointing to one or more individual(s) in particular will not do any good, for instance the last thing I would like to see is them coming to AW to "defend" themselves. They know who they are and mostly ir's a group of people who shout Doom & Gloom and belittle anything Amiga Inc / Eyetech / Mai Logic /OS4 related, while also sheering for almost any news from (a) certain competitor(s) by default.

I will then say that if you can't make names, don't say anything. We're all much better off without useless flames, don't you think?

~~ Henry Ford

shoe 
Posted on 27-May-2005 16:32:27
#35 ]

smithy, falemagn, takemehomegrandma - oh look I'm SO surprised you decided to show up in this thread...

*** N *** O *** T ***

Wheren't we all supposed to just get along here?

MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 16:34:16
#36 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:
I can't hide it looked like a strawman attack to me. I haven't seen anyone (apart from some isolated anonymous people) claiming that MAI is gone because of their website having disappeared. As takemehomegrandma pointed out, that was only one minor thing in the whole.

I would be more thinking about the behaviour shown by some guerrilla warriors posting @ ANN, Moo and amiga-new.de, but maybe there's a reason why you felt he talks about you specificly?

Don't you think there's a pinch of truth to such perspectives in general?

Quote:
I will then say that if you can't make names, don't say anything. We're all much better off without useless flames, don't you think?

I don't think we should hide the dirt under the carpet per se (it does negatively effect the community as a whole, I wrote a little about it here as well forumlated more as a friendly suggestion without finger poiting to specific people). So I see little problem with Rogue's statement. Making a general statement like "I think trolling hurts the Amiga community", isn't as a dangerous as stating "I think person A or B is a troll and he/she hurts the Amiga community".

Last edited by MikeB on 27-May-2005 at 04:40 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 16:35:45
#37 ]
Elite Member

@shoe

Quote:
smithy, falemagn, takemehomegrandma

They simply "care" about Mai..

ikir 
Posted on 27-May-2005 16:40:29
#38 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone (apart from some isolated anonymous people) claiming that MAI is gone because of their website having disappeared

No? Search on forums

The same old story

shoe 
Posted on 27-May-2005 16:47:13
#39 ]

@MikeB

Yeah, right I see.. That would explain the "By the way, it is still impossible to mail them, I just tried." too.

I really wonder why some people seem to enjoy all this uncertainty around MAI, Eyetech etc. (No .. I actually I don't wonder. But it makes you think..) But how about one of you guys (mentioned above) came with something possitive for a change, and stopped looking for problems in every corner? Not hesitating second before running around screaming "Burn her! Burn her! She's a witch Burn her!"

--www.amigbg.com
/shoe

Zardoz 
Posted on 27-May-2005 16:47:26
#40 ]
Team Member

@ikir

Eh, you didn't get his point. Noone claimed that MAI was dead *because* their site was dead, the website was the icing on the cake.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle