Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 130 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  24 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  40 mins ago
 agami:  41 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 1 min ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 Bruce72:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  2 hrs 40 mins ago
 t0lkien:  2 hrs 45 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 5 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  3 hrs 19 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
d0c 
Re: ACK customer and partner experience thread going forward
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 12:22:36
#261 ]
Cult Member

@koan

thanks and now you see what harassment treatment i have to deal with for just "hitting the nail on the head" as you said, this is not the first time you know.... people claim aw.net have been much better after the change of administration and you can say freely whats on your mind, but this is not true. its censor and harassment all the way for us that dare to say it like it is, but we will not give up , a few goes down but we always return stronger than ever and we will not give up before the aw.net is liberated from this apartheid !!

i guess this will be censored now, anyway this is how i feel about all of this....

Last edited by d0c on 05-Aug-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Seer 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 12:31:20
#262 ]
Team Member

@d0c

No D0c we don't. We censor your choice of wording, you keep ignoring the TOS and after a 7 day restriction you come back and start over like nothing happened.

That post you just made is again against the TOS (read it for once will ya) so I will discuss you and your posting style with the rest of the staff.

Last edited by Seer on 05-Aug-2007 at 12:40 PM.

number6 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 13:27:24
#263 ]
Elite Member

@Colin_Camper

Repeating to clarify what way said:

Quote:
We will be working with the Amiga retailers over the coming weeks to solidify launch and support plans

ok, but we get ahead of ourselves talking retail outlets when we haven't even discussed the production stage, no?

Quote:
@Ackcontrls or more appropriately BillM

http://www.amiga.com/news/index.php?art=26
April 22, 2007
Quote:Manufacturing and final price information along with product launch schedules will be following in the next week.

http://www.amiga.com/news/index.php?art=27
April 29, 2007
Quote:Manufacturing partner and final ship schedule will be following soon.

ok. Promised one week after April 22 and delivered the price information.Good.
Any word on who the manufacturing partner is or the ship schedule

Over 3 months and counting since the promise to deliver information concerning the manufacturing partner and shipping schedule. Not good.

Hmm...ok. Let's explain how the sequence of wording -should- go.
You mention "soon" when you don't know, then "next week" when you have the info and plan to release it "next week", then you actually release the info that "next week".
You do not say "in the next week" and then, a week later, say "soon". -That- sequence represents a clear step -backward- in planning.

Perhaps AW should add the word "soon" to their swear filter at this point.

Last edited by number6 on 05-Aug-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Last edited by number6 on 05-Aug-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Hans 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 14:53:55
#264 ]
Elite Member

@d0c

Quote:

d0c wrote:
@koan

thanks and now you see what harassment treatment i have to deal with for just "hitting the nail on the head"

No, moderators don't harass you for "hitting the nail on the head", they deal with your continual "hitting other people's fingers" with your name-calling and other TOS violaitons.

Hans

d0c 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 15:49:25
#265 ]
Cult Member

@Hans

i am not hiting anyones fingers, period!.... what do they do about people like ack?... we all know what ack have done!... he is hitting peoples fingers big time for 4 years now... but as usually its just sweeped under the carpet.... then i use the word "vapour master" and all hell break loose, i am being threatened, harassed because of my choice of wording.... in another post on this forum the "amiga t-shirt" post, where someone suggested a t-shirt with the slogan "kill bill"... a hinting on killing bill mcewen, but nothing was done it was just fun.... and no i didnt think it was fun at all...

Hans 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 16:11:18
#266 ]
Elite Member

@d0c

Quote:

d0c wrote:
@Hans

i am not hiting anyones fingers, period!.... what do they do about people like ack?... we all know what ack have done!... he is hitting peoples fingers big time for 4 years now... but as usually its just sweeped under the carpet.... then i use the word "vapour master" and all hell break loose, i am being threatened, harassed because of my choice of wording.... in another post on this forum the "amiga t-shirt" post, where someone suggested a t-shirt with the slogan "kill bill"... a hinting on killing bill mcewen, but nothing was done it was just fun.... and no i didnt think it was fun at all...

Either you didn't understand what I meant with "hitting other people's fingers", or you're redefining it to suit yourself. Your choice of wording is agressive and insulting at times; that's the problem. You've had this explained to you, but you continue to do the same. You have been "hitting peoplle's fingers" in your posts in a metaphorical sense (the same way "hitting the nail on the head" is metaphorical).

ACK has been borderline insulting at times, but his posts here haven't AFAIK violated the TOS. The "Kill Bill" t-shirt thing is a stupid joke based on the title of a movie, not a serious suggestion that someone actually kill him. I don't think it's funny either, but it's different from calling someone a liar and a thief, or a scammer.

Hans

Last edited by Hans on 05-Aug-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Seer 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 16:38:52
#267 ]
Team Member

@d0c

Consider yourself on vacation again, pending staff discusion about you.

@Hans

Please stay out of this ok ?

Last edited by Seer on 05-Aug-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Tomas 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 18:16:05
#268 ]
Elite Member

@Seer
I kinda agree with d0c here... There are plenty of threads here at AW that bad mouths both amiga inc and mcewen as a person, and usually not a single thing is done about those thread or the poster. Why is ackcontrols so protected? I honestly dont see the difference..

Was not also bbrv banned for a while for using the forum for promoting their products? Why has not ack been banned for the same? Genesi did at least produce/release something, which is more than can be said for ackcontrols.

I think this is unfair and makes amigaworld look biased..

Last edited by Tomas on 05-Aug-2007 at 06:16 PM.

Hans 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 18:27:50
#269 ]
Elite Member

@Seer

Quote:

Seer wrote:
@Hans

Please stay out of this ok ?

Ok.

Hans

Seer 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 19:39:06
#270 ]
Team Member

@Tomas

I kinda agree with d0c here... There are plenty of threads here at AW that bad mouths both amiga inc and mcewen as a person, and usually not a single thing is done about those thread or the poster. Why is ackcontrols so protected? I honestly dont see the difference..

Sigh.... ACK is not protected. And d0c certainly doesn't need it either.

d0c needs to learn to understand the TOS. Show me a post where ACK is in gorss violation of the TOS. d0c has been in violation of the TOS at least 17 times.

We also did moderate a lot of topics about a single person, like some polls about mcewen. And badmouthing is not a problem persee. Namecalling is, and that's all d0c seems to be capeable of.

read the TOS

Was not also bbrv banned for a while for using the forum for promoting their products? Why has not ack been banned for the same? Genesi did at least produce/release something, which is more than can be said for ackcontrols.

That was not the reason for the banning. And I don't see ACK around promoting his blog or goods ? At least not as much as BBRV used to do (and they are just regular posters now). ACK usually only posts in threads started by others about him.

I think this is unfair and makes amigaworld look biased..

Oh right... We don't moderate enough.. We moderate to much.. We are baised... Look at d0c's profile. Count the number of AR's against him. Then read the TOS again. He should be long gone if we were really are such bad folks. We've been pretty tolerant towards him. Don't tell me you are buying his "getting a harassment treatment"..

Ok, next one to post on this gets a week off. I'm allready ####ed of enough allready for having worked the entire weekend to avoid a datebase chrash because a collegeau "forgot" to do his job. I'm done with explaining this moderating incident, and btw, have you read the TOS about that ?

If you want to respond, try a pm, as it is outlined in the, you guesed it TOS..

Last edited by Seer on 05-Aug-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Last edited by Seer on 05-Aug-2007 at 07:41 PM.

adiaux 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 20:57:43
#271 ]

@Tomas

Quote:
Was not also bbrv banned for a while for using the forum for promoting their products?

No, they were never banned. They left by their own will, and instead of deleting the account Davey D switched off the account "á la banning", *after* asking bbrv if they were OK with that.

That's a big difference you know!

Seer 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 21:33:30
#272 ]
Team Member

@takemehomegrandma

Allright.. Ok, you're safe for the week vacation as you didn't reply on the case I was commenting about. Lucky you eh..

But;

Back
On
Topic

p l e a s e

Thank you all.
No lock yet, I think this thread can still have some purpose.

Last edited by Seer on 05-Aug-2007 at 09:38 PM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 22:00:12
#273 ]
Elite Member

@Seer
I'm not sure there's anything more to be said on this thread UNTIL the 8th (Wed). Well, unless ACK does pull out all the stops at the veeeery last moment, but that's looking increasingly unlikely

I don't propose to wait several days (after the deadline) like last time, to confirm if anything has been received or not. 31 days should be more than sufficient for anyone to do what they estimated would take only 3-6 days - unless he happens to have been hit by an earthquake or hurricane...

stew 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 22:01:25
#274 ]

@Thred

Why just jump on Ack. Just because they are partnered with the AInc side? They are no different then Trokia or, heaven forbid, Hyperion. Is anybody willing to wait for Ack to come through in the time it took Hyperion to finish (well semi finish and release) OS4? Ack just seems to fit in Amiga land somehow. Rather sad but true. Now let us all say together: Two more weeks, on schedule and rocking!

This refers to the new hardware not the returning of broken mb's.

Last edited by stew on 05-Aug-2007 at 10:02 PM.

TrevorDick 
Posted on 5-Aug-2007 22:56:12
#275 ]
Elite Member

@stew

Unfortunately ACK have been tarnished with the Amiga Inc brush. I can't comment on ACK's other activities as an Amiga supplier but the recent association with an under-achieving Amiga Inc has left them open to criticism and ridicule from the wider community.

I for one hope that ACK can deliver on Amiga Inc promises, but I don't hold out a lot of hope. Sorry

TrevorDick

Tigger 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 0:07:41
#276 ]
Elite Member

@stew

Quote:

stew wrote:

This refers to the new hardware not the returning of broken mb's.

Stew,

I'm jumping on Ack for the broken motherboard issue, in all honesty I expect that the boards from ACK are going to require the same amount of design by ACK as the Terons did from Eyetech (ie basically none at all). The issue is that if he cannot ship boards on a schedule, and takes a year to fix broken boards, then we would be better off not having the ACK boards for OS 4. Sure Troika's hardware doesnt work (remember it was Bernd and I pointing out the issues with the "working" motherboard they showed), I surely havent given them a pass either. I'm about to know personally that the Efika works (and will shortly run AROS), and I know the Panda board works (since I have one in the lab), right now outside of those two, the closest we have to running hardware is Samantha from Acubed, which I am fairly sure is running now. I'm just hoping we get a real supplier for hardware, someone that not only can ship product, but also support product, something we really havent had since 1994.
-Tig

koan 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 0:36:48
#277 ]

@stew

No one is "just jumping on ACK"; especially because of any relationship to AI.

If you read the thread then you can see that ACK has only delivered one repaired board after a very long wait. None of the other things that he has promised have been delivered.

Even self imposed deadlines (given in this very thread) have been missed.

Right now we are waiting until Wednesday for ACK to come through with another repair that he promised would be in the mail almost a month ago. This is like, a final final chance to redeem himself. Do you think this is "jumping on ACK" ?

If ACK can't deliver on such simple things then you have no hope of getting new hardware.

jahc 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 1:06:34
#278 ]
Elite Member

@koan

Quote:
If you read the thread then you can see that ACK has only delivered one repaired board after a very long wait. None of the other things that he has promised have been delivered.

I'm not defending ACK's late repairs or missed deadlines, but I know of at least one other A1 board that was repaired after a long wait that hasnt been mentioned here... Jeremy Reimer's.

Edit: I think that was last year. Cant remember.
Edit2: Actually, I think he repaired it twice.. because when he sent it back the first time, shipping was too rough and bits were damaged.

Last edited by jahc on 06-Aug-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Last edited by jahc on 06-Aug-2007 at 01:09 AM.

stew 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 1:21:54
#279 ]

@thread

My point is we all tend to play favorites. If it is ok for some to miss projections by years why not all then? There is never an excuse for not returning broken boards. That is one reason I never bought a Peg. DCE never returned my CSMKIII. We have had more than our share of vapour in the Amiga community. Boxer, AmiJoe, Shark, ect... Ack just looks like a natural fit in Amiga land and at least as far as I know has not taken prepayments.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 6-Aug-2007 5:26:10
#280 ]
Team Member

@TrevorDick

Quote:

TrevorDick wrote:
@stew

Unfortunately ACK have been tarnished with the Amiga Inc brush. I can't comment on ACK's other activities as an Amiga supplier but the recent association with an under-achieving Amiga Inc has left them open to criticism and ridicule from the wider community.

I for one hope that ACK can deliver on Amiga Inc promises, but I don't hold out a lot of hope. Sorry

TrevorDick

They were joint press releases. Hence they are the word of both parties. They are not "Amiga Inc promises" only.

Amiga 1200

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle