Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 125 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

sibbi

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 sibbi:  3 mins ago
 vox:  7 mins ago
 kolla:  17 mins ago
 Mr_DBUG:  18 mins ago
 Gunnar:  58 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 50 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Pianeta Amiga - September 26, 2009
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Seiya 
Re: Pianeta Amiga - September 26, 2009
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 7:29:03
#41 ]

@Fab

swfdec will be very good on aros if someone make the port

Last edited by Seiya on 27-Sep-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Profile     Report this post  
meet.mrnrg 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 8:48:35
#42 ]

@Seiya

Hi, very good video editing.

On video 1, at 6:10 to 6:25, anybody know what that BOOT sequence is? It's a bit different to the usual default boot sequence. Any ideas ??? anyone???

Framiga 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 9:35:38
#43 ]
Elite Member

@Seiya

thank you Seiya! and to All involved

Varthall 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 9:46:57
#44 ]

@Seiya

Thanks for the nice video report!

BTW has anybody noticed that OS4 port of Hero of Allacrost?

http://www.allacrost.org/

Varthall

Faranheit 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 9:47:01
#45 ]
From: Moselle / Lorraine / France / Luxembourg / Belgique

Excellent video report ;)

Thanks for your work :)

Laurent aka Faranheit

Mobile : (+33) 7 71 10 72 22
Fax : (+33) 3 87 57 07 21
Mail : laurent@amedia-computer.com
Site : http://www.amedia-computer.com
Site : http://faranheit.dyndns.org:8080/FPGA%20Arcade/
MSN

Leo 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 10:26:02
#46 ]

Does the Flash plugins play Youtube/Dailymotion videos ?

saimo 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 10:56:51
#47 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

Quote:
new system in monitor driver that asks to the monitors the supported resolutions so no more need to specify on tooltypes...

Although your words don't rule it out, I hope we'll still be able to specify our own resolutions (and possibly to selectively ignore some of those automatically detected).

rigo 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 11:44:29
#48 ]
Cult Member

@saimo

The new functionality builds the screenmode database from the values reported by the monitor. As such the preferences editor allows you to choose your screenmode just as you do now. the difference is that they are configured automatically, rather than setting modes manually. You can still do this, but it's highly likely that the mode you want will already be in the database, if not, you are probably defining a mode that is not supported by the monitor.

It also allows you to configure only the monitors preffered mode (which usually matches the native resolution of the display device).

There are a number of other configuration options too.

Simon

Comments made by me on any public fora are not representative of, or on behalf of, any company I may have, or assumed by the reader to have, any association with.

Any comments are a personal opinion, and should be accepted as such.

ikir 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 11:51:12
#49 ]
Elite Member

@Varthall

Any download yet?

Last edited by ikir on 27-Sep-2009 at 11:52 AM.

1Mouse 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 11:55:39
#50 ]

How long will we have to wait before we see any of the developments as downloads?

Will we have to wait before the Amiwest show before we see anything?

Sam460cr + OS4.1FE

Fab 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 12:06:37
#51 ]

@Leo

swfdec plugin for OWB MorphOS plays dailymotion, youtube, guba and quite a few other portals you can see on google video site. The speed is another matter, though...
Googlevideo is quite close to real time, dailymotion slower, and youtube even slower. :)

Last edited by Fab on 27-Sep-2009 at 12:07 PM.

saimo 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 12:33:45
#52 ]
Elite Member

@rigo

Quote:

rigo wrote:
@saimo

The new functionality builds the screenmode database from the values reported by the monitor. As such the preferences editor allows you to choose your screenmode just as you do now. the difference is that they are configured automatically, rather than setting modes manually.

Yes, this was clear and is indeed a good thing.
However, I have a gripe with this: long modes list. I don't like requesters to show thousands of modes I'll never use anyway, so having the possibility to hide unwanted monitors would be nice.

Quote:
You can still do this,

Great, hearing this is a big relief

Quote:
but it's highly likely that the mode you want will already be in the database, if not, you are probably defining a mode that is not supported by the monitor.

Still, it is important to let the user free of trying his own modes. Here's a practical example.

I have an LCD monitor whose native resolution is 1440x900. These are the modes I have defined:
MODE=1440x900x8,32@60
MODE=720x450x8,32@60
MODE=480x300x32@60
MODE=384x240x32@60

The first advantage is that, as I was saying above, modes lists in requesters are short and include only the modes I actually use - note that:
* I have only 2 8-bit modes;
* I have no 16-bit modes;
* except for the last mode, there are no modes that cause blurriness (as 720x450 is 1/4 of the native mode and 480x300 is 1/9 of the native mode).

The second advantage is that resolutions that work properly and that are unlikely to be included in the monitor's DB can still be defined. Just consider the last mode, 384x240x32, which has the same aspect ratio of the native resolution (16:10): without it, I couldn't play BOH in full screen using the largest area possibile as shown in the picture below.

Quote:
It also allows you to configure only the monitors preffered mode (which usually matches the native resolution of the display device).

There are a number of other configuration options too.

Nice. Let's not turn also AmigaOS into yet another OS that decides for the user

One last thing: I hope the progressive index has been removed from the modes codes (it's been discussed a while ago on Amigans.net, but if it's not clear what I mean I'll re-explain it).

Tuxedo 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 14:04:34
#53 ]
Elite Member

@all

forgot to mention the mplayer new version with finally buttons and slider to mnage the video :)
Really good and usefull :)
As spoke afxgroup few days(some more little things to do) and we can get it :)

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 15:02:08
#54 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

Nice

Kicko 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 15:07:06
#55 ]
Elite Member

@Tuxedo

Finally mplayer with buttons and slider :D

VooDoo 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 15:12:42
#56 ]

@Kicko

wohoo...I Have Waited So Long this buttons ans sliders

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich :)

Croatian Amiga portal

samo79 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 15:19:58
#57 ]
Elite Member

@Kicko

The latest MPlayer with GUI is fantastic, according to afxgroup there are only 1 or 2 little things to solve before release

Last edited by samo79 on 27-Sep-2009 at 03:20 PM.

http://www.betatesting.it/backforthefuture

Sam440ep Flex 800 Mhz 1 GB Ram + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6
AmigaOne XE G3 800 Mhz - 640 MB Ram - Radeon 9200 SE + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 6

TiredofLife 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 15:56:05
#58 ]

@Tuxedo

Any other improvements apart from the gui that you know of?

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 15:59:33
#59 ]
Elite Member

@TiredofLife

he he, think i know way your not impressed.

guruman 
Posted on 27-Sep-2009 16:37:53
#60 ]

I thought I could drop a couple of lines about this year's edition of Pianeta Amiga as well.

Let's start from the "hosts" and co-organizers: ACube. Enrico and Max were present and had their usual stands where they were selling their Amiga stuff (software and hardware, also for the classics - I finally grabbed Heretic II for a mere 5 Euro, Sams, AmigaOS 4.x). Enrico also had the current issue and the backissues of Bitplane and Amiga Future, and the new version of the MiniMig.
Max and Stefano "Lecta" Guidetti were showing the current beta/development version of AmigaOS 4.1 on Sam and AmigaOne. Most of the new features have already been mentioned, but I'll list there anyway:
- new notification system: all applications registered to the application.library can send notifications to the notification server (called Ringhio) that can be configured to display them on the WB screen. This feature was shown in conjunction with a new version of XNet-RSS: every time an RSS feed is updated, a notifications pops up and disappears after a few seconds. If you click on it, you will open a browser on the page of the relevant news. The concept can of course be extended to other uses.
- new WBStartup handling. You don't need to copy the programs in a different dir anymore, you add them to a list in a (new) separate prefs program, and you can keep just one copy. This means less hassle when updating commodities, you don't risk to have the WBStartup "out of sync"... The loading of the commodities at startup is accompanied by the display of their icon on a bar in the middle of the screen, like in many other OSes.
- new bigger icons.
- support of DDC: the OS recognizes the monitor and sets the screenmodes automagically, without having to edit tootypes by hand.
- new shell: finally AmigaOS 4 has a shell with multiple tab support, scrollbars and buffers, history and completion all at once.
- new intuition (with shadows around windows) and extended ReAction.
- a lot has been changed underneath and is not really visible (DOS.library, for instance): it is mainly a lot of bugfixes that now makes the system, especially on Sam, much more stable (Max had to admit that the first release for Sam was really the absolute bare minimum, in terms of stability).

About USB 2.0: an ohci.device was shown, but it still is in early beta, so it's not sure and actually doubtful it will be included in the next updated which is due soon(ish).

There were also some programs being shown on AmigaOS 4: mainly the port of Blender and DigiBooster 3.0. the Blender port still has some small problems with fileselection, but overall was looking pretty much finished.
Andrea "afxgroup" Palmate' released a first version of his port of the Flash player Gnash, that at the moment works as a standalone program because OWB for AmigaOS 4 does not have NPAPI support... He also showed Mplayer with a new ReAction GUI (not GMplayer, though), and a couple of game ports (FooBillard and Hero of Allacrost).

ACube announced some hardware the day before the show, and the curious among us had the chance to see the new NAS prototype, even though at this time it is just a naked PCB board. It is very small (something like 12x8 cm? Didn't measure, but it's tiny), very dense, and will mount an AMCC 460, probably at 600MHz (the NAS doesn't need more). It has a MiniPCI slot, but hold your horses, ACube says that this time it's really *NOT* intended for AmigaOS. The MiniPCI gfx-sfx board doesn't have any kind of 3D support, so it's really not suited for any kind of desktop. Moreover, they confirmed that if new AmigaOS-hw will come from them, it will for sure be in Flex form factor.

Other than AmigaOS 4.x, the other AmigaNG systems were present as well. Paolo Besser was showing AROS and the latest IcAROS on his PC (where he uses an Amiga 1200 as keyboard) and netbook. Slick and fast hardware and software combo, that mostly lacks quite some software, as I had the chance to tell Steve Jones of Cluster UK Ltd, that was showing the iMica. This Atom based board was running AROS and Linux as well, and Linux+Compiz was used to show the performance level of the HW. He hopes AROS can get native (and with overlay support, and possibly 3D acceleration as well) gfx drivers soon, so that performances in AROS will be much better as well.

Then there was me, showing MorphOS 2.3 on my Pegasos II G4 and Efika. Thanks to Fab I had the chance to show a beta of the swfdec plugin for OWB, which, while slow and without audio support, is already quite compatible and nicely working. Most of the tested sites worked, even those with heavy Flash usage and dozen of scripts. And it's already nicely integrated in OWB. The MorphOS version of OWB, has to be admitted, it's the one shaping up more nicely.
I also had DigiBooster 3.0 (thanks to krashan and APC&TCP) as well, and showed it during the morning - with the MUI4 preferences that JoBBo made for MorphOS 2 it looks quite a lot nicer than on AmigaOS 4 - but I wasn't able to play anything. Obviously today it's playing some of my old .DBM files at home, and I didn't touch anything since yesterday.
Other than that, I showed more or less the usual things, last year I wasn't at Pianeta Amiga, so noone showed MorphOS, and for many it was the first live sight of the 2.x version. I ran Quake 1/2/3, other games (including the HD version of VGP2 that looks very nice), Wipeout, and programs like Pixel (much more stable on 2.0+ versions of the OS), ShowGirls, ANR... And of course Blender. We tried it also on the Efika, and the real time preview was as fast as on Sam (as some of the last visitors could confirm), meaning that there still room for improvements in the field of 3D drivers for AmigaOS 4. And congratulations to MorphOS developers.

There were also other users, like Cristiano "Seiya" Cherchi, showing his PC with AROS and AmiKit, and filming things (but you already noticed that, probably).

That's it, I guess. The attendance was quite low (last year I was not there, and in 2007 there weren't many more people, but if we go behind that date, every edition had less and less people, probably with the exception of 2004 in Rome), but expected, also because the show was announced less than 1 month ago - there were problems with the municipality of Empoli for the Palaesposizioni, AFAIK. But overall, it's nice to meet these guys you only met via a nickname for the rest of the year.

I have to thank Enrico Vidale of ACube/Virtual Works for the monitor he lent me for my Efika.

And of course a big thank you to Marco Lovera for AmigaPage, that also this year hosts the pictures I took:
http://www.amigapage.it/index.php?pl=image&modo_image=6&categoria=fiere&name=40

Kind regards,
Andrea

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle