Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 150 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  19 mins ago
 Hypex:  27 mins ago
 AndreasM:  28 mins ago
 kolla:  36 mins ago
 Gunnar:  48 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 OldFart:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 43 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga.com down?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
pavlor 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 19:10:53
#141 ]
Elite Member

@Kronos

I could not write that better

Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 19:12:49
#142 ]
Cult Member

@andres

Quote:
I'm sorry, but there are no excuses at all for McEwen ...

You just directed your frutration him to Hyperion taken so long to create OS4. Unfortunately, so you miss the target.

Quote:
No, really, the whole history of mobile phones,

??

Quote:
the AA project,

So, you've tested it? In this case, we reach quite different conclusions. AA2 is better than I expected. The package is around 150MB lots of functions and anything else needed. The manual is really good and so on.

Quote:
"OS5 better than MacOS",

In order to determine the veracity of this, you must have tried on OS5. Where do I charge down the operating system? For it may well not be that you are lying? Or?

Quote:
it's all completely absurd

Undeniably, your post is completely ridiculous when you turn completely blind to the wrong person.

Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 07:24 PM.

andres 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 19:32:10
#143 ]

@linnar
I dont want to get involved in this discussion...
I consider Ainc totally absurd and this is just my own opinion.

Home Recording Audio

linnar 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 19:35:51
#144 ]
Cult Member

@pavlor

Quote:

pavlor wrote:
@Birbo

Quote:
Sadly, freedom of speech here refers to your freedom to attack the maker of the freeamiga-website.

No comment...

Quote:
And why do you think that OS4 has something to do with the deal between Bill McEwen and Gateway?

Look at the situation (end of the year 1999): If you want further development of AmigaOS, you must have someone who will give licence to the developers. From Gateway´s point of view it was only waste of time, resources and money. Of course, if you have enough money, you can buy Amiga.Inc. But who will give 5 milions USD for this company to further develop outdated technology? For companies outside our community it would be more reasonable to buy this company only for its name (and use it in some obscure machines - eg. that was the case of the Commodore brand). Only someone inside our community could do something that stupid like invest money in dead OS and make sure it will be developed (albeit by another company).

So, is there (in our community) someone with free 5 milions of USD (selling price of Amiga.Inc in 1999)? Nobody? No? Yes! Bill McEwen.

He has dreams about new technology (TAO), but he must (and will!) listen to his community. November 2001 agreement is written and the OS4 project is born. Rest is history we all know.

Back to the year 2010: Sure we can hard judge Bill McEwen. But remember, he lost all he hoped for and his dreams are now in ruins. And OS4 project that he started by his signature? We have AmigaOS 4.1 Update 1 - not that bad I think.

Exactly as I see it all! An incredibly good downscaled story of Bill McEwen of Amiga community.

Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Leo 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 19:49:17
#145 ]

Quote:

As for who else could of bought it, I'm surprised QNX never had the idea to buy the name and use it on its own OS, as the name alone would of gave them so much more media coverage and a community ready to support it.

What would QNX do with a name that means "old game console" for some people, "old OS" for others, and... nothing at all for the majority of people ?

I'm curious...

linnar 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 19:50:57
#146 ]
Cult Member

@andres

Quote:

andres wrote:
@linnar
I dont want to get involved in this discussion...
I consider Ainc totally absurd and this is just my own opinion.

It's up to everyone to post opinions in the forum. But once you made it so it has involved itself in the Discussion. You may of course have whatever opinions you want but then you also expect to be answered. If I, a bit cautiously, may guess that is your opinion not your, but they come from the spirit of hatred of Amiga Inc and v Bill McEwen grown here on the forum.
I also think there is reason for discontent how to have pushed the issue of Amiga Inc. But the description of the discontent has to be much more from reality with some understanding of what happened over the years. Do this with the Bill should have resigned when it was not what he wanted. What you do not say is that he did exactly that! Bill was gone from power in Amiga Inc. for more than three years. During that time he worked, and some other related, in their spare time to replace the TAO's software for the AA. It is also said that there was this idea of an operating system in the house took shape. Sometimes you can interpret it as that first began on a new operating system and from this they picked parts that shaped AA2.

retro 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 19:59:31
#147 ]

@linnar

it sounds like you got the aa2 SDK. with i dont i have send fleccy an email looong time ago. i have sent mail to amiga inc. but no nothing i have registed ther dev form. but no....

will you send it to me or is ther law and stuff to take in considering. hm
can you make an .bin to me just hallo world or anything i relly like to see it in action,. maby something gui suff

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:01:30
#148 ]

@linnar

FFS man, gimme a descent app created by AA or AA2, just ONE!

Secondly, Amiga Inc., Bmc. Ewen is behind the shell game and the three (!!!) Amiga Incs, behind not paying people, behind the coupon scam.

Are these enough for you? Only for the ####ing shell game and trying to avoid deliberately paying debts he could have been in jail in other countries.

pavlor 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:05:57
#149 ]
Elite Member

@Cool_amigaN

Quote:
Are these enough for you? Only for the ####ing shell game and trying to avoid deliberately paying debts he could have been in jail in other countries.

Maybe he is. It could be a reason why we discuss disappearance of amiga.com...
(silly attemt to joke)

Birbo 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:07:10
#150 ]
Cult Member

@linnar
@pavlor

What the hell are you writing about?

Bill McEwen lied to the community for years. And he did this intentionally!

All that crap: AA, AA2, ACK, OS5, Kent.... all that was a big lie!

AA2 is a piece of ####. If you think that it's a good piece of hardware, you are in the wrong forum.

Dreamcast270mhz 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:20:40
#151 ]

@Birbo

Well put my friend, Bill McEwen should be homeless in the next few years. If see him as a hobo crossing the suburbs, stealing from bins, i'll run 'im over

pavlor 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:34:31
#152 ]
Elite Member

@Dreamcast270mhz

Quote:
If see him as a hobo crossing the suburbs, stealing from bins, i'll run 'im over

And I will invite him to my house...

linnar 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:34:59
#153 ]
Cult Member

@retro

Quote:

retro wrote:
@linnar

it sounds like you got the aa2 SDK. with i dont i have send fleccy an email looong time ago. i have sent mail to amiga inc. but no nothing i have registed ther dev form. but no....

will you send it to me or is ther law and stuff to take in considering. hm
can you make an .bin to me just hallo world or anything i relly like to see it in action,. maby something gui suff

A few days ago I changed my computer. AA2 is still on the old computer, which is without monitor, keyboard, etc..
But there is a thread here on the forum where I showed images from AA2 and where there is a lot of descriptions. But also there are several that are hateful to Amiga Inc stuck in their heads, and to some extent destroyed Discussion. But I think you can benefit from reading it.
I can not send AA2 (64Mb zip file) to you. The load is down to a contract signed.

Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 08:36 PM.

number6 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:36:14
#154 ]
Elite Member

@thread

This may come as a dreadful shock to most of you, but oddly when it comes to money one tends to look at the CFOs and accountants, who usually have some grasp of this issue. They might even inform others in the company as to certain things they believe to be true (or not, in the case of "book-cooking").
Are you sure you want to put all of this on Bill given the rather "major" players involved in this mess?

Kronos 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:43:39
#155 ]
Elite Member

@linnar

2 words:

Coupon scam(s)

Those alone should have been enough for Bill&Barry being prosecuted and their company liquidated .....

Arko 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:53:32
#156 ]

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:

Quote:
the AA project,

So, you've tested it? In this case, we reach quite different conclusions. AA2 is better than I expected.

We had here a long and very detailed discusion about AA2. Wildstar128 showed us how useless the AA2 SDK is, he was not able to present a simple 2D Black and white PONG game.
Here is the Link to prove it:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=29115&forum=2&start=340&viewmode=flat&order=0#501063

I borrowed this comments from here (#27 & #28):
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38873&forum=2&start=20&order=0

linnar 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 20:54:04
#157 ]
Cult Member

@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
@linnar

FFS man, gimme a descent app created by AA or AA2, just ONE!

I do not understand what you mean! Do not know what is FFS.
I can only advise you to the answer I gave to another person above.

Quote:

Secondly, Amiga Inc., Bmc. Ewen is behind the shell game and the three (!!!) Amiga Incs, behind not paying people, behind the coupon scam.

Yes, it would be interesting to look at and learn about the different roles of individuals, etc.. Sådna this stuff between employees and companies are often very polluted by more than what actually happened. Of prncip I also believe that those states have not received salaries should not be discussed publicly, it can be more than what they wish.

Quote:

Are these enough for you?

Such wording could get anyone to give Discussion. If we are to discuss honest, open and sincere comradely so you do not use such terms. it's just a little tip.

Quote:

Only for the ####ing shell game and trying to avoid deliberately paying debts he could have been in jail in other countries.

This makes you feel guilty for violation. As early as you have decided that the Amiga Inc deliberately ignored to pay his debt. What I do in such a situation is to ask me if Amiga Inc is heading for bankruptcy and has suspended payments. Several countries going into the state and pays the salaries of those who are not in bankruptcy or an imminent bankruptcy. There seems to be so in the U.S. according to this case.
Otherwise, I agree that wages must be paid first and then the other. I think it's serious when this happens for one can create more suffering than is necessary. As long as there are two parties in dispute, one of which is a private person and we'll probably never know the truth. However, I think Bill McEwen has no personal guilt in what happened.

xispo 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:03:40
#158 ]

@pavlor and linnar
You're both like a #### on Father's day: So Happy and so lost at the same time...

linnar 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:05:50
#159 ]
Cult Member

@Kronos

Quote:

Kronos wrote:
@linnar

2 words:

Coupon scam(s)
Those alone should have been enough for Bill&Barry being prosecuted and their company liquidated .....

There is an opinion and not a legal finding.
I have not seen any document laying down the conditions on voucher sales. However, I understand that there was a panic way to raise money for a dwindling cash. But it might probably not with his faith and even the money ran out. Subsequently, a breathtaking journey where those who want to control completely lost control. From now, it was economists who ruled (I guess) and they have no conscience and do what you can do to both get rid of the obligation to repay the money and avoid prosecution.

Personally I think it was an idiotic idea that the coupons. Another idiotic idea is Kent Arena. Not paid wages, we talked about earlier and it is natuligtvis very bad if you just neglected to pay.

linnar 
Posted on 9-Feb-2010 21:13:27
#160 ]
Cult Member

@Arko

Quote:

Arko wrote:
@linnar

linnar wrote:
Quote:

the AA project,
So, you've tested it? In this case, we reach quite different conclusions. AA2 is better than I expected.

We had here a long and very detailed discusion about AA2. Wildstar128 showed us how useless the AA2 SDK is, he was not able to present a simple 2D Black and white PONG game.
Here is the Link to prove it:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=29115&forum=2&start=340&viewmode=flat&order=0#501063

Good! Where is the link I wrote the above! But it starts earlier than you specify. Here is the correct link:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=29115&forum=2&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

You are wrong that it proves that Wildstar128 could not show a pong game.
It only goes to prove that he did not have time to do it, if I remember correctly.

I Wildstar128 and emailed each other several times in question. To me, he wrote that he really did not have time.

@ all
I will try to get AA2 stuff and post a simple pong game for you. I promise not there but I will try to keep up with it. You just have to give me time.

I am doing this because I do not like the ever-present and unpleasant assumption that I and others are lying.

(quote did not work at first, do not understand what was wrong)

Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Last edited by linnar on 09-Feb-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle