Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
8 crawler(s) on-line.
 113 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  52 mins ago
 michalsc:  57 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 55 mins ago
 clint:  2 hrs ago
 amigang:  3 hrs 10 mins ago
 Tpod:  3 hrs 51 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 56 mins ago
 Birbo:  4 hrs 10 mins ago
 Hammer:  4 hrs 17 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Amiga.com down?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tomas 
Re: Amiga.com down?
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 17:46:41
#281 ]
Elite Member

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:

Happy news!

Just got told that Amiga.com soon be up again....I think!

Why exactly is that good news?? Do you actually support a company that does nothing but lie and scam people?

Profile     Report this post  
linnar 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 18:09:26
#282 ]
Cult Member

@Tomas

Quote:

Tomas wrote:
@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:

Happy news!

Just got told that Amiga.com soon be up again....I think!

Why exactly is that good news?? Do you actually support a company that does nothing but lie and scam people?

There is good news for some may be bad for others!
The other is just the usual Amiga World chew

spihunter 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 19:01:01
#283 ]

This "linnar" person has to be someone from Amiga Inc...

Why else would someone spend this much energy seemingly to defend Amiga Inc?
They scammed everyone! and never put out anything! case closed! Lets move along.....

pavlor 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 19:04:21
#284 ]
Elite Member

@spihunter

Quote:

I also defend Amiga.Inc and I have no affiliation to them.

Troels 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 20:10:25
#285 ]
Elite Member

@pavlor

Why?

pavlor 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 20:44:31
#286 ]
Elite Member

@Troels

Quote:
Why?

Why not? Life is not only black or white, I would like to see subtle shades of grey. Yes, they did many wrong and bad things. But now, they are exposed and weak - I think it is enough for little bit of mercy. Even most felonious murderer should have its advocate, thus why not one for Bill?

linnar 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 20:46:30
#287 ]
Cult Member

@spihunter

Quote:

spihunter wrote:
This "linnar" person has to be someone from Amiga Inc...

They scammed everyone! and never put out anything! case closed! Lets move along.....

1 - I have nothing to do with Amiga Inc!
2 - I am not defending Amiga Inc just to Amiga Inc is Amiga Inc
3 - I am here very rarely

I have a business and trying to do something. My problem is not money
it's just a little money for my projects. I have full time jobs outside
that creates the money I need. My problem is that the time is not enough. Just
by Amiga Inc. I have said that a program would be completed 2008th Unfortunately I was unable to do so. But I had promised, they said that was waiting for my program. No explanation helped. I had not even signed a contract, or they had not paid.
I would be ready in 2008. Now it's 2010 and I'm not ready yet. The program can download the Beta version.
I was very disappointed that people did not listen to my explanation. The explanation was truly sustainable. The people have now bought the other programs but I have fewer 10 times more people that test the program now.

I am familiar with people and companies who themselves could not help the way it was. they were enthusiasts who really want to do something. They are fighting 16 hours a day, year in and year out. Sometimes they promise more than is healthy. It makes them because they do not see any obstacles. None of these peopel types see obstacles. They're working on without regard to their own physical / psysiska strength. Sometimes the disease.
These people often have major weaknesses. Such a feeling for how they say things or knowledge of economics.
But they want well!

Such people should not be maltreated. It is quite right to be critical but it must not be rude or sarcastic. It can break anyone. Precisely this is been on this and several other forums.

I am extremely impressed with Bill McEwen! He gets more iron than any other. He is completely down, he receives a sicks, one of his children dies, the investor will be broke, the investor dies, trials that are more than fingers on your hands, economists who want something different. community who just whine, are sarcastic and talking sh-t, it looks like the next persecution and much more.

When you think the guy is the floor, so he gets up again, smiling so nicely and explain that we now am back up and running. This he does again and again and again .....

Respect, is his first name!
Amazingly, his last name!

The last thing was not so dangerous, it was only natural that the work of a little wrong word passed to another company.

I am not defending Amiga Inc, I speak for all who work so hard for us, often to the whining and sarcasm as payment!

Last edited by linnar on 12-Feb-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Chuckt 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 21:29:14
#288 ]

@linnar

In business, you are only as good as your last record.

Based on Amiga Inc.'s track record, I wouldn't buy an Amiga from them and I would be wary of dealing with them because I might end up in court with them.

Their lawsuit is the result of allegedly bad business practices and I wouldn't extend credit to whom credit is due.

Companies have to behave a certain way and Amiga Inc. doesn't answer mail or have a certain level of respect with their potential customers. Do they have a phone number? What does the Better Business Bureau say about them? The Amiga users here are a mirror of how Amiga Inc. is doing.

There are customers who feel let down or ripped off. If I was bill, I would wash toilets to pay back every Amiga user who feels violated.

Amiga Inc, do Amiga users a favor and sell the assets for a reasonable price to an Amiga company that acutally does reliable work.

Caveman 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 21:39:14
#289 ]
Cult Member

@Chuckt

Quote:
Amiga Inc, do Amiga users a favor and sell the assets for a reasonable price to an Amiga company that acutally does reliable work.

Agree! They have allready proven that they are not able to bring back the Amiga,and if they have some respect for us Amiga users,they would sell it to someone that actually has a chance bringing some life back to Amiga. Amiga.inc have used up all their credit from us,and the outside world. No sane businessman would touch them,with their trackrecord.

linnar 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 22:30:29
#290 ]
Cult Member

@Chuckt

Quote:

Chuckt wrote:
@linnar

Based on Amiga Inc.'s track record, I wouldn't buy an Amiga from them and I would be wary of dealing with them because I might end up in court with them.

Their lawsuit is the result of allegedly bad business practices and I wouldn't extend credit to whom credit is due.

Companies have to behave a certain way and Amiga Inc. doesn't answer mail or have a certain level of respect with their potential customers. Do they have a phone number? What does the Better Business Bureau say about them? The Amiga users here are a mirror of how Amiga Inc. is doing.

There are customers who feel let down or ripped off. If I was bill, I would wash toilets to pay back every Amiga user who feels violated.

I know what you are saying and agree with some but not all.
But that's not what this is about, it is about understanding cause and effect.
It's unlikely Bill McEwen who caused it to be the most vomit. I think those things are mostly over his control. I also think that Bill McEwen used as a wall between the audience and themselves.

I do not know if they do not answer the phone. What I heard so they answered, at least for about a year ago. I know they read the mail I have received answers every time except the last time. I have also read others who received answers to their email.
I believe that some time has taken time out and during that time "rearranged its forces".

linnar 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 22:32:26
#291 ]
Cult Member

@Caveman

Quote:

Caveman wrote:
@Chuckt

Quote:

Agree! They have allready proven that they are not able to bring back the Amiga,and if they have some respect for us Amiga users,they would sell it to someone that actually has a chance bringing some life back to Amiga. Amiga.inc have used up all their credit from us,and the outside world. No sane businessman would touch them,with their trackrecord.

... or vice versa!

Caveman 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 23:16:12
#292 ]
Cult Member

@linnar

Way back,we did respect them,and we had hopes for them to bring Amiga back. They did one good thing for us back then,by hire Hyperion to port AmigaOS to PPC.
This is something i really appreciate. But all those things they did after this,is the reason Amiga has been in a standstill for years. when May died,there was no more AmigaOne Motherboards,and Amiga.inc was blocking any attempt for any new Amiga hardware to enter the marked. So why should i respect them? Bringing us AA2? That i don't want,need or care for? I don't give a damn if it's good or anything,because i don't care.

retro 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 23:25:27
#293 ]

@Caveman

anyone wanna bet something on when ther page is back up agen ther will be no message too us or any changes maby the snowman maker is gone on hollyday...

the dont respekt us way should wee respekt them... i wish that amiga inc was a big sussecs company.. but wee have to see the fact no nothing from them...
ther AA had potentinal it was a good thing but whot have come out of it. i think that the lake of suport of it to amiga os generation is the main reason pepole in the communati didnt liked it and discredit it and then the larger customer base got worng impresson.becuse all you could ever read about it was pepole complaning

SHADES 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 23:34:55
#294 ]
Cult Member

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
@Chuckt

Quote:

Chuckt wrote:
@linnar

It's unlikely Bill McEwen who caused it to be the most vomit. I think those things are mostly over his control. I also think that Bill McEwen used as a wall between the audience and themselves.

I do not know if they do not answer the phone. What I heard so they answered, at least for about a year ago. I know they read the mail I have received answers every time except the last time. I have also read others who received answers to their email.
I believe that some time has taken time out and during that time "rearranged its forces".

That's such BS LMAO
Understanding Cause and Effect I mean, what tripe lol
Microsoft is Hated my millions and millions by it's Horrid decisions and ability to close down other legitimate businesses, and it's effect is to get bigger. It started off as a $200 purchase by Gates and now look at it!, hate the beast, M$=tuff titties Did your buisness get closed? M$=laughs
To try and blame the mistakes made by Ainc to something as general as cause and effect and claim you understand it is the most humorous garbage I have heard here to date.
There is nothing wrong with defending a company for what it stood for and tried to do when it is there for good effect. Maybe it did fail, so what, it tried. Better decisions could have been made, well yeahhh, durrr, if they had more money, maybe it would be tuff tittie? that's M$ attitude. Don't like the GUI or menues in Windows?? complain? = ROFLMAO M$ just doesn't care! Hell they have had 20yr old bugs in security ! still do! lol

I for one personally see all this closure stuff as A BAD THING even for Hyperion who make the AMIGA OS. Why? Well, anyone looking at or for AMIGA is going to see another damaged and unreliable product. Hyperion are making that product, screams to the world, AMIGA is going down like the Titanic and wow, Hyperion just so happens to be making the OS.... It's not rocket science to figure out what people will think, heck just look at all the garbage spread here in debate! 1+1 doesn't equal a window if you have any type of logical brain.

This is stupid, I am wasting my time here lol

Last edited by SHADES on 12-Feb-2010 at 11:37 PM.

amigasociety 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 23:50:17
#295 ]
Cult Member

@retro

Quote:

retro wrote:
@Caveman

the snowman maker is gone on hollyday...

I am new to Amiga and keep seeing this reference to Mr. Snowman. .

Can someone tell me what the heck that means?

I keep getting visions of creepy ass snowmen now.

tj

Caveman 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 23:52:24
#296 ]
Cult Member

@SHADES

I am personally embarrassed over Amiga.inc. The first thing you see if you google Amiga,is their crappy site. This is the first thing other curious people see too,and i don't dare to guess what they are thinking about it,but it will atleast give them a laugh. So i really do understand why people from the outside,think of our community as a bunch of crackpots.

Caveman 
Posted on 12-Feb-2010 23:55:05
#297 ]
Cult Member

@MacSociety

Mr. Snowman is a snowman maker,for the AmigaAnywhere. Really a killer app too
Even better than MacOS X...

Take a look at the Amiga.com site if/when it comes up again,it will give you a laugh

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 13-Feb-2010 0:07:24
#298 ]
Elite Member

@Caveman

Me too.

Rob 
Posted on 13-Feb-2010 1:55:29
#299 ]
Elite Member

Looks like the I am rich app may have outsold Amiga Inc's Snowman Maker.

Link.

From the Snowman Maker guff;

Quote:
Create a wide variety of snowmen ? from office types to space aliens ?

This got me wondering what type of idiot makes a snowman in the office, and does this explain why the Amiga Inc website went down.

Chuckt 
Posted on 13-Feb-2010 4:23:12
#300 ]

@linnar

Quote:

linnar wrote:
@Chuckt

Linnar,

I won't be buying anything from Amiga, Inc.

In accounting terms, an accountant stays away from the impiety or appearance of evil.

In law enforcement terms, if an officer thinks you're doing something wrong then it is going to take forever to clear your name.

In management terms, faith is a little more than blind faith. Faith is faith plus a little more. When people ask me to do something important for them, I tell them when I'm going to do it, how I'm going to do it and I do it.

To me, Amiga Inc are alleged con artists and allegedly half mafia.

Have you ever talked to a con artist? They figure you're gullible just for talking to them and then they try to figure out what they can get away with. Then you go hopping down the bunny trail together. The bunny trails never stop and it is one game after another. The skeptic's job is to derail the train and see how it runs. Amiga Inc. for all intents and purposes derailed itself.

When I heard about the A1's, I took the cautious route. I waited because the first year car always has problems and I waited for the second generation to come out. Their failure is my diagnostic; there is no need to buy. Unless Amiga Inc pays their creditors back, there is no need for me to regard them as honest. Love your neighbor and don't buy from Amiga Inc. until they pay their neighbor back 'so the whole world may know'.

Chuck

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle