Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 119 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 RickSkid:  6 mins ago
 bhabbott:  11 mins ago
 BigD:  14 mins ago
 Diane:  17 mins ago
 VooDoo:  20 mins ago
 A1200:  24 mins ago
 pixie:  36 mins ago
 retrofaza:  37 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  58 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 34 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  The new Commodore from USA is no more now soon?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
PosterThread
eXec 
Re: The new Commodore from USA is no more now soon?
Posted on 8-May-2011 21:54:23
#281 ]
Cult Member

@pavlor

Quote:

pavlor wrote:
@eXec

Quote:
Imagine what happens when Amiga line comes out!

Even more inflamed threads like this one?

unavoidable!

Profile     Report this post  
vox 
Posted on 8-May-2011 22:09:15
#282 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

No, its even worse. After SAM 460 I will buy it and tell you how awful it really is

tommywright 
Posted on 8-May-2011 22:13:46
#283 ]

damocles 
Posted on 9-May-2011 3:20:20
#284 ]

@eXec

Quote:
unavoidable!

Probably won't know until next weekend. There is a slight chance of another video from C=USA being released. Then we can have all this fun all over again! :

Plaz 
Posted on 9-May-2011 3:57:08
#285 ]

From Number6...

Quote:
Surely you can see who the common element is when everything goes wrong for aspiring Amigalike companies. #6

When CUSA can totally consume it's parent, I will see a positive future. Until then I foresee CUSA treading on quicksand. Victory dances are still premature IMHO.

Plaz
(being purposely obscure)

linnar 
Posted on 9-May-2011 4:05:08
#286 ]
Cult Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@linnar

Quote:
Customers will see the Commodore Amiga as the true Commodore Amiga

This is where we have to disagree, the true classic reto group will never accept any new ppc or x86 system as a replacement.

I wrote that the "customers" will, in time to see the new Commodore Amiga as the real Amiga. If you do not buy a Commodore Amiga is not a customer.

linnar 
Posted on 9-May-2011 4:45:27
#287 ]
Cult Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@linnar

Quote:
I do not quite understand what you mean?
I have read the link you specify.

You've been here a long time linnar. We've been in many threads discussing the comings and goings of Amiga Inc. and all the trouble they have caused the community.
I've posted many times that a court judgment is not the same as a settlement.
The Amiga Inc. v Hyperion VOF case ended in a settlement, not a judgment.
Settlements are tested and we've seen Amiga Inc. "test" the boundaries of the settlement several times already.
I've mentioned to several posters quick to point a finger at Hyperion (since they are the only ones visible), that perhaps they should take a look at another company as being the impediment to the co-operation they so desire.

Let's not forget they also stabbed C=USA in the back as well. Please don't try to counter that with Barry's quote from Commodore-amiga.org about how good this IContain thing is for everyone...
His statement on amiga.org more truly represents his immediate reaction to this I'm sure...
But wait! He had to support his partner. But wait! Hyperion made similar supporting statements about Amiga Inc. in the past and they got crucified for taking the same track. Can you see how silly this is to say "well, when WE do it..it's ok, but when the other guy does it...it's wrong"?

Surely you can see who the common element is when everything goes wrong for aspiring Amigalike companies.

I think your descriptions are most often located near what is true and correct. I do not always agree with but I respect your views and your way of sticking to the truth.

I have been there from the beginning of the spectacle and believed AmigaInc. I am quite sure that it has become many and good products from them and I think the Commodore U.S. did not exist today if they were their own and a lot of money.

I thought at Hyperion and still think they did a great job with OS4.x AmigaInc as ordered by them.

Unfortunately it was not enough capital for AmigaInc, they were empty at the counter for several years and more.

I turned the Hyperion back when they snatched the product and tried to snatch anything from the one who gave the assignment to them to develop a future operating system.

These are all little things for me now. When Bill McEwen said that they were thinking of basing future operating system on Linux, I thought it was the right step to take. For about a year ago I became convinced that the x86 is the only thing going to go for today. So Linux based operating system running on an x86 is the future, I concluded. During debates on the various forums I have seen that there are more who think so.

Suddenly, Commodore United States entered the stadium. They try to get Hyperion to port OS4 to x86 without success. They are trying to use Aros but is threatened to sue (it does not understand me but that's another story). In the end, they chose to build its own operating system Linux, which I think is the best way to go.

Therefore, I support the Commodore!

I also think they will be successful, they also have plenty of financial muscle, probably bigger muscles than the old Commodore and probably had bigger muscles than what Dell, HP and several other computer companies had at its start. They also have a really good advertising man of the board of the company. Barry himself is a TOUGH and determined businessman who does not fold down in a hurry. He gets things done now! Not for 17 years or so ...

This is the big chance for the Amiga in the future. If the older Commodore had been there, I think they chose the exact same way at exactly the same way as the Commodore U.S. is now doing and that I think AmigaInc would choose when OS4 is already commissioned. Had everything been done right in 2001, we had just had a successful Amiga market. But this did not happen, instead we have Commodore United States to rely on.

Commodore United States will succeed in lifting the Amiga to success once again, they will in time also to own all rights to the Commodore, AmigaInc and currently owns (except old hardware patents). Commodore will grow into its name and become the real Commodore with the real Amiga.

Amiga clones Community will continue to shrink down and die away if they do not co-operate on a hardware and an operating system in the classical section and also collaborate with the emerging Commodore. I am convinced that the Commodore will create space for such collaboration.

Unfortunately, I believe that the Amiga Community will continue to throw pies in the back and forth all the time until there is nothing left.

I'm bad at English but I hope you understand what I mean and that this was a response to your post.

linnar 
Posted on 9-May-2011 4:54:05
#288 ]
Cult Member

@number6

Quote:

number6 wrote:
@jas_mc

Quote:
Sounds interesting - what was it?

Source

But let's keep in mind that Bill may have been the messenger on this one.
Grzymala is trying to get Kouri's money back and was behind the IContain deal, as noted in the original news story. It's possible Grzymala made the license deal with C= as well. I've not cared to look into it.

Haki need money, Grzymala has probably been asked to sum up what he can and then he uses AmigaInc for this. They will probably license the name Amiga to the right and left.

Wildstar128 
Posted on 9-May-2011 7:23:27
#289 ]

@vox

It was simple to why he threaten certain folks.... something called defamation of character / libel which is prosecutable and international treaties with virtually all of Europian countries and certainly all U.S. citizens and most of the countries that U.S. engages in commerce with has binded their citizens to follow. In fact, some of these laws are universal throughout 90% of the countries that U.S. engages trade with.

The internet is not a free to do whatever you want. The law is no the person not the medium. There is already a precedent.

That legalese aside... Let's not forget that Barry's daughter is a lawyer. Barry has no issue if you state an opinion and make it clear under legal standards such as ALWAYS preced your opinions with the following words: In my personal opinion,

Now, failure to do so, places undue hardship and makes and opinion appear as real facts and THAT is a critical factor and your actions has financial impact on other people. You may have got used to that kind of behavior and I personally am well aware of that among the C= and Amiga community. I have only done a cursory review of past posts. It may have little to nothing to do with being a "potential customer" in my case.

In any case, there is significant somes of money involved and you can't blame someone for defending their name and image from those that attack with behavior that is libelous, slander and defamation of character that easily confused as facts and not necessarily opinions. I'll probably save all your butts by stating that it was badly formatted statement of opinion.

I have learned along time ago that suing turnips doesn't yield anything financially.

DAX 
Posted on 9-May-2011 8:01:47
#290 ]
Elite Member

In any case.....this thread has become (as usual) just a huge OT :P

Cool_amigaN 
Posted on 9-May-2011 8:10:24
#291 ]

I can't understand, why the videos of the CUSA's case production are brought to its defense from time to time. I mean, whoever has even the slightest clue of what the footage really shows, he will surely come to the conclusion that this is a back yard's production unit dedicated for hobby/amateurish/small projects.

vox 
Posted on 9-May-2011 9:53:07
#292 ]
Elite Member

@Wildstar128

Blah Blah, blah.

In that case I have the threat and insulting e-mail from Berry
also imcluding my personal information without my consent.

Interesting to see how CUSA will do in Europe.

eXec 
Posted on 9-May-2011 10:44:27
#293 ]
Cult Member

@DAX

Quote:

DAX wrote:
In any case.....this thread has become (as usual) just a huge OT :P

Which thread here, in the last 10 years is, On Topic?

eXec 
Posted on 9-May-2011 10:45:04
#294 ]
Cult Member

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
@Wildstar128

Blah Blah, blah.

In that case I have the threat and insulting e-mail from Berry
also imcluding my personal information without my consent.

Interesting to see how CUSA will do in Europe.

Till when will you keep on repeating the same thing again, again and again?

linnar 
Posted on 9-May-2011 11:19:17
#295 ]
Cult Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@linnar

Quote:
Customers will see the Commodore Amiga as the true Commodore Amiga

This is where we have to disagree, the true classic reto group will never accept any new ppc or x86 system as a replacement.

It's true ... now. But that may change soon.
However, I think both are needed, because I still believe that the Amiga Community shall agree on the hardware and an operating system for PPC. Then we have a page with x86 and a page of PPC. Both sides should also collaborate to broaden the base of available software and accessories etc.

eXec 
Posted on 9-May-2011 12:31:19
#296 ]
Cult Member

@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
@damocles

Quote:

damocles wrote:
@sundown

This thread started out as a troll against C=USA but it backfired.

But the beginning of this voyahe is that CUSA was born as a Troll
in United States of Commercial Trolling, and started to troll us until
the death of trolls or purchase of the trolling machine ....

http://ht.ly/4QaWt

So much about your troll "voyahe"..

Let us see something about OS4 and X1000 on CNN! I saw nothing yet?

damocles 
Posted on 9-May-2011 12:45:13
#297 ]

@Mechanic

Quote:
X500 not A500x. Go look at the front page.

So what do you think would be wrong with the X500 then?

Quote:
Well then..... no AROS on cusa computers must be Ainc's doing. Cool.

No, it was Ben's threat.

Mechanic 
Posted on 9-May-2011 12:46:14
#298 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:

http://ht.ly/4QaWt

So much about your troll "voyahe"..

Let us see something about OS4 and X1000 on CNN! I saw nothing yet?

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find anything under computers. Turns out it is
'Filed under: Gaming & Gadgets'.

redrumloa 
Posted on 9-May-2011 12:47:47
#299 ]
Cult Member

@Cool_amigaN

Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
I can't understand, why the videos of the CUSA's case production are brought to its defense from time to time. I mean, whoever has even the slightest clue of what the footage really shows, he will surely come to the conclusion that this is a back yard's production unit dedicated for hobby/amateurish/small projects.

This wins the prize for uninformed statement of the year. Please go in your back yard and knock out a replica case for me!

$225 total spent!

damocles 
Posted on 9-May-2011 12:48:49
#300 ]

@pavlor

Quote:
Maybe this video will answer some of your questions...

No, I'm asking for a list of OS4 code that is based on AOS 3.1 and earlier. You can exclude the OS4 kernel since we already know has zero AI code in it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle