Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 120 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

DWolfman

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DWolfman:  3 mins ago
 cncparts:  1 hr 37 mins ago
 saipaman4366:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 Beajar:  2 hrs 42 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 47 mins ago
 agami:  3 hrs 48 mins ago
 RobertB:  4 hrs 7 mins ago
 OlafS25:  4 hrs 57 mins ago
 Bruce72:  4 hrs 59 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 18-Jan-2012 14:07:01
#1281 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Ah the beauty is that it already has predictive results...
Awesome! Please link the independent experimentation that has been reviewed and has shown proof positive of the predictive results.

...because its way too much work to follow the links or actually watch the video where such things are spelled out...

Quote:

Quote:
...because Wikipedia is infallable and controlled by 100% honest people at all times, right?
You have an unwritten false major premise that Wiikipedia is always wrong so we must reject it. Try hard the evidence of a test is documented as well, if not better, than the existence of aliens in Phoenix.

Mr. Twist at it again... Where did I say "always wrong"? The fact is just about anyone can modify entries and they aren't always up to date. On that matter alone, I would think that YOU, "Mr. Where's the proof beyond all reasoble doubt?" of all people would disqualify it as a credible source...

Quote:
As for Half-Life, all I can add is you need to learn what experimentation brings to the table for validity.

You can find plenty of article on half-life(s) where the measurements are not following the accepted values and I just linked reasons why. So when you carbon-date something, you are telling me that that something was completely isolated from variations in the magnetic field surrounding it when it's half-life was originally determined...which I call CRAP. In other words, its a crap shoot.

Last edited by Lou on 18-Jan-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 18-Jan-2012 14:33:52
#1282 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
...because its way too much work to follow the links or actually watch the video where such things are spelled out...
None of the You Tube videos you have posted provide independent experimental evidence. They've been people that believe in the papers and accept them but lack the confirmation you claim they have.

Quote:
Where did I say "always wrong"?
Did you misread 'unstated'? Within your statement you reject Wikipedia because it's fallable. You failed to prove that it was fallable about this piece of information.

Quote:
The fact is just about anyone can modify entries and they aren't always up to date
Certainly. And when compared invarious studies against Encarta and Encyclopedia Britiannica, Wikipedia does very well. Not quite as good but by a few percentage points. Not the wholesale false so throw it out you'd want us to believe.

In this case people can use Wikipedia to get to the original newspaper sources on the topic. So, it provides a fairly good centralized point of discovery. Many use Wikipedia for a launching point in research. Which is what should be done. Because, no single publication is inerrent and always multiple lines of evidence should be used to ascertain certainity. But, hey I've been saying that for many posts and threads. So nothing new.

Go back to Wikipedia, though not today as it's off in protest of SOPA, and you will find links to the publications which indicate the experiment was done. You can use similar terms and your favorite search engine to find more articles. That the experiment was conducted has as good, and certainly better, evidence than the believers in aliens having a lightshow party postulate. Your statement of no experimentation is false.

Quote:
You can find plenty of article on half-life(s) where the measurements are not following the accepted values
Again post the scientifically verified measures that half-lifes are incorrect. I'll be glad to read them. Of course people like to make claims, for example Creationists who believe the planet 6K years old try to disprove the validated half-lifes, but to date they are far, far from any evidenced proof that they're correct.

Last edited by BrianK on 18-Jan-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Jan-2012 15:58:11
#1283 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
None of the You Tube videos you have posted provide independent experimental evidence. They've been people that believe in the papers and accept them but lack the confirmation you claim they have.

Quote:
Where did I say "always wrong"?
Did you misread 'unstated'? Within your statement you reject Wikipedia because it's fallable. You failed to prove that it was fallable about this piece of information.

Quote:
The fact is just about anyone can modify entries and they aren't always up to date
Certainly. And when compared invarious studies against Encarta and Encyclopedia Britiannica, Wikipedia does very well. Not quite as good but by a few percentage points. Not the wholesale false so throw it out you'd want us to believe.

In this case people can use Wikipedia to get to the original newspaper sources on the topic. So, it provides a fairly good centralized point of discovery. Many use Wikipedia for a launching point in research. Which is what should be done. Because, no single publication is inerrent and always multiple lines of evidence should be used to ascertain certainity. But, hey I've been saying that for many posts and threads. So nothing new.

Go back to Wikipedia, though not today as it's off in protest of SOPA, and you will find links to the publications which indicate the experiment was done. You can use similar terms and your favorite search engine to find more articles. That the experiment was conducted has as good, and certainly better, evidence than the believers in aliens having a lightshow party postulate. Your statement of no experimentation is false.

Quote:
You can find plenty of article on half-life(s) where the measurements are not following the accepted values
Again post the scientifically verified measures that half-lifes are incorrect. I'll be glad to read them. Of course people like to make claims, for example Creationists who believe the planet 6K years old try to disprove the validated half-lifes, but to date they are far, far from any evidenced proof that they're correct.

If typing "schwarzschild proton" into a seach engine is too difficult for you then may whatever you believe in help you...

You can also look up scientific articles regarding published half-life(s) not matching up using said same search engine.

As for almost accusing me of being a creationist, you do recall that I believe humans have been around for MUCH MUCH longer, right?

Last edited by Lou on 18-Jan-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Jan-2012 17:59:57
#1284 ]
Elite Member

http://news.yahoo.com/u-try-again-hammer-space-code-003809815.html

Ah yes, the beginnings of a code of conduct for space...
Limited to satellite and space junk now but how long before its extended to other planets...?

Last edited by Lou on 18-Jan-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 18-Jan-2012 18:03:42
#1285 ]
Elite Member

Re: Russian space program

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-asks-us-radar-ruined-space-probe-105327082.html

Radar (or some beam technology) could have been used to disrupt communications with Russian equiment...

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Jan-2012 18:09:01
#1286 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
If typing "schwarzschild proton" into a seach engine is too difficult for you then may whatever you believe in help you...

You can also look up scientific articles regarding published half-life(s) not matching up using said same search engine.

I'm interested in what evidence you are using to make your claims. 'A random link from any old search engine' certainly does not inform me to what you viewed or are viewing.

Quote:
As for almost accusing me of being a creationist
Bullocks! I gave an example of where I saw some 'half-life' bad science literature. There was no association whatsoever of you.

Though as a note -- you wanted me to use a Search Engine to tell me what Lou is seeing as evidence. I hope you use your paranoia here to let you understand on how your argument could quickly be mischaracterized when you don't send the evidence to support it and instead tell me to find your data for you.

Last edited by BrianK on 18-Jan-2012 at 07:31 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-Jan-2012 18:10:38
#1287 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Radar (or some beam technology) could have been used to disrupt communications with Russian equiment...

You posted this postulated accusation before. Could is clearly not did. Any EVIDENCE?

Lou 
Posted on 18-Jan-2012 19:51:47
#1288 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

You posted this postulated accusation before. Could is clearly not did. Any EVIDENCE?

Recap:
I wondered why the Russians can't seem to get back to Mars since they saw a ufo there
you denied any evidence of said ufo despite a picture turned in a public display in California at the Russian embassy...and other video evidence
you said Russian space program was crap
I said "Really?" It looks like the only problem is getting back to Mars
You said "yes, really"
I supplied a link to their total track record in space which was pretty good.
I pondered about a conspiracy about preventing them from going to Mars since the ufo incident...
[...months later...]
I linked that they suspected sabottage.
Now I linked that they suspect the good old US of A...

No need to twist anything here...the articles I linked speak for themselves...

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Jan-2012 14:38:48
#1289 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
...the articles I linked speak for themselves...
I agree!

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Jan-2012 19:19:22
#1290 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

NASA debunks yet another UFO "Once again, alien conspiracy theorists have attempted to use publicly available NASA images to prove that the space agency must be engaging in an elaborate UFO cover-up. And, once again, they've been foiled by the laws of physics."

In related news the alien Steve Jobs didn't die he conspired with the US Gov to fly him back to his home planet near Betelgese.

Niolator 
Posted on 20-Jan-2012 5:21:31
#1291 ]

Quote:
Re: Russian space program

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-asks-us-radar-ruined-space-probe-105327082.html

Beginners... It was of course work of the people from Alioth 7b (also known as vampires) who didn´t want their base on Phobos to be known.

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Jan-2012 18:34:21
#1292 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

More Northern Lights on the way! or is that aliens landing?

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Jan-2012 19:14:22
#1293 ]
Elite Member

Remembering things that never happened . Human recall is faulty. It's an established truism. It's the reason things such as Courts and Science require evidence and validation for best ascertainment of postulate to truth.

Lou 
Posted on 20-Jan-2012 21:14:30
#1294 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

More Northern Lights on the way! or is that aliens landing?

Recall that Northern Lights are an EM phenomenon...
Only you have mentioned aliens...

Lou 
Posted on 20-Jan-2012 21:25:24
#1295 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
Remembering things that never happened . Human recall is faulty. It's an established truism. It's the reason things such as Courts and Science require evidence and validation for best ascertainment of postulate to truth.

In the courts, an eye witness is typically enough.
In science, theory is discounted when it doesn't match observation. So because the theory of General Relativity didn't match observation, dark matter and dark energy were added to make up for its short-comings...

FYI, dark energy is simply galaxies seeking equilibrium in a sea of ZPF...

Kronos 
Posted on 21-Jan-2012 13:36:37
#1296 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:

Must be a pretty rotten legal system were ONE eyewitness is enough to come to a verdict...

You know most courts would require several independant eyewitnesses or better some sort of physical evidence

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Jan-2012 14:13:45
#1297 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Only you have mentioned aliens...
Not me but the neighbor's 5 year old girl who thought the bright Aurora outside her window was an alien. It was you that without any evidence we must accept her as completely valid. This time she'll be informed. We'll see if the aliens return, or not.

Quote:
The courts would be very poor if a single testamony was used for a conviction. This is why in the USA nearly all cases have physical evidence. And certainly the cases with a higher level of confidence do.

Quote:
In science, theory is discounted when it doesn't match observation
Not entirely true. There are a couple of options, so it depends. Sufficent observational inconsistencies will indeed generate a new Theory, you are correct. Minor observational inconsistences may end up modifying a theory. And certainly there's the problem that the observation cannot be consistently replicated and in those cases the original observation may be rejected.

Going back to your 'new theory replaces' option. That new theory comes about because it does a much better job supporting the observational evidence. At present this is where your EM is God concept is lacking. You have neither the observational, nor experimental, nor predictability in sufficent quantities too offset that nasty Gravity Theory. And in fact many of the observational data, bodies within our own solar system, go against EM is God.

As for Dark Energy and Dark Matter both have indirect observations supporting their existence. Not as good as direct. And science hasn't closed the book here either as it continues to predict, observe, and experiment.

Nimrod 
Posted on 22-Jan-2012 17:50:53
#1298 ]

@Lou

Quote:
This would be checkmate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE0z4sHxe9c _
From this video comes the statement "It begins with the quantum vacuum density, which is a measured 5.16x10^93 g/cm3", but there is no explanation of who measured this huge number, or how, or when.

Quote:
Ah the beauty is that it already has predictive results...
The prediction is that the vacuum energy of one proton would equal 4.98x10^55g, which he then glibly tells us is the mass of the entire universe. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but isn't energy measured in Joules, rather than grammes? So how does the prediction actually compare with the observable universe? This isn't maths, it's merely more numerology from yet another snake oil salesman.

Quote:
Correct, which explains a rise in failures of sensitive electronic equipment in such events. You will notice however that increased EM activity does not deflect telecommunication satellites from their predetermined orbits.

Quote:
Which probably explains why the varios national appeal courts are so busy. In most jurisdictions, a court case that devolves to one party stating "I saw the accused" and the other party stating "I wasn't there" results in an acquittal. I recently saw this picture on a friends Facebook wall. Apparently there is a face in the picture, which proves how useless simple eyewitness evidence is., and why recorded evidence is so important.

Niolator 
Posted on 24-Jan-2012 1:58:38
#1299 ]

@All

Big trouble. The solar activity is hitting an all time high within days*. Have everyone shielded their equipment? I think I will have to build a Faradays cage around my Amigas.

*= My own prediction.

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Jan-2012 2:22:52
#1300 ]
Elite Member

@Niolator

Quote:
Big trouble. The solar activity is hitting an all time high within days*. Have everyone shielded their equipment? I think I will have to build a Faradays cage around my Amigas.

My Amiga 3000 has been in the closet unused for a while. Amiga Forever, so much faster, has been my platform for a while.

According to the EM is God theorists the planets are held in place due to EM. So, certainly a surge of EM will shift the planet. And because satellites are even smaller they are lighter and therefore should be shoved even further. I'm awaiting the news we had to realign every satellite because of the huge EM field. Though strangely NONE of the satellites are prepared for the shift in position. They just turn off and shield to prevent EM surges.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle