Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 129 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  16 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  22 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  25 mins ago
 kolla:  38 mins ago
 Gunnar:  41 mins ago
 Comi:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 53 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 BigD:  3 hrs ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 2 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: Anybody remember Nibiru?
Posted on 8-Feb-2012 14:54:27
#1401 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
He cited volcanic eruptions as possibly being similar to flares.
Watching his videos I'd disagree with this assessment. Instead I'd contend he concludes eruptions are 'earth's solar flares'.

You are allowed to disagree and I am allowed not to care that you do.

Quote:

Quote:
Do you not find it odd that in alot of cases where earthquakes occur
I find any relationship of causality as an unanswered postulate.

According to you, we get thousands of earthquakes a year. Hence anything is possible.

Quote:
Here's a couple recent examples that show relationship between these events don't even appear to have correlation. Nearly 200 Dolphins have been stranded since the first of the year in the Mass. area. No major earthquakes appear there. And while recently a large 6.8 earthquake hit the Philippines, no mass strandings have been reported.

So the unusually warm weather provided by the solar activity slaming into earth's magnetic field has nothing to do with anything, right?

Quote:

Quote:
To me, observational evidence agrees with Haramein ... what actual evidence do you have that contradicts him
Haramein's mass of the proton is millions of metric tons. Clearly not true. Smashing protons takes energy amounts significantly smaller than what would be necessary using Haramein's mass. Nor does the increased density make blackholes. And don't forget Haramein himself admitted mass out of alignments are a problem for his existing papers. This is a future paper which you seemingly accept as true without it's existence. You have lots of faith in the Haramein Savior of EM_is_God.
Sun - insufficent density. Exploration reflects not absorbs spectra. Incorrect shape (no accretion disc or polish donut). Not a black hole.

Earth - insufficent density. Exploration reflects not absorbs spectra. Exploration with sesmic waves travel through the planet, not absorbed. Incorrect shape (no accretion disc or polish donut). Not a black hole.
Of course the one excuse we hear is the entirity of science is built on the conspiracy to hide the aliens and these are all lies.

I know, I know - because BrianK said so... /fail
Did you ever think, for one second that it is possibly only the earth's core that is a black hole? Just like he said there may be a black hole at the sun's core. Keep on twisting Mr. Twister.

Quote:
Volcanoes are very well understood and are not produced for the same reason sunflares are produced. The sun is plasma and not comprised of solid techtonic plates. Not the same causes. The earth not being a sun, also adds to Volcanoes are not sunflares.

Right because volcanoes have nothing to do with magnetic fields, right? Oh wait!

Quote:
STEREO is now monitoring the sun 24x7x365 and at 360 degrees for the first time ever. Never recorded any earth sized alien ships using the sun for a supergalatic highway. Sun is not a stargate.

Good interjection of the word "alien ships" there. Though earth-sized objects have been observed.

Quote:
And now I see why you hate Wikipedia Oh and quite a bit of evidence that contradicts many of his claims..

What's funny is that most of the arguments fall into #3 attack the source. Because he didn't spend money with any establishment to BUY a PhD, he is not notable.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 8-Feb-2012 15:01:23
#1402 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
I just want to pull out a quote from this article:
1 million meters per second

This would be the minimum speed where nuclei would need to be moving. Further reading of the Ars article indicate that at present Fusion needs about a factor of 50 times more power than produced. It was shown in a computer tha this is possible with a specifically set laser. It was also noted that no such laser exists to date.

What we see here is an unsurprising Lou claim that a postulate is evidence. I think if you read the last line of the paper you'd see it's unproven and unevidenced -- "What this really calls for, of course, is a huge experiment "

A postulate isn't supported by a postulate. A question doesn't support a question. Again EVIDENCE?! I'll be waiting.

(NOTE on the video. Having a book on Free Energy from the Zero Point seems to speak to how the poster doesn't get the idea that no available for external use energy is not limitless power.)

So, wait, in nuclear fission power reactions we need an initial surge of power to initiate the chain reaction but we aren't supposed to have the same requirement for fusion?
Quote:
To put that in perspective, one gram of deuterium will provide 144 billion Joules of energy when it is completely burned into helium.

Sounds like its worth it to me...
But I guess the point you missed is that Nimrod doesn't believe in cold fusion despite overwhelming evidence that it exists and continues to be studied or that antigravity exists because if they don't exist then Frank Zdnarsic never studied them to get that number and because all I ever post is psuedo-science.
Epic fail!
I will now resume my laughter...

Last edited by Lou on 08-Feb-2012 at 03:03 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Feb-2012 16:09:51
#1403 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
According to you, we get thousands of earthquakes a year. Hence anything is possible.
Since we've yet to see anything proven we accept any postulate as a possibility. The next step is to demonstrate that the postulate is true. You always skip this step and go right to claiming postulates are true.

Quote:
So the unusually warm weather provided by the solar activity slaming into earth's magnetic field has nothing to do with anything, right?
Don't know? Seems to me you have two postulates on the table. The first one was Quote:
Animals such as whales and birds rely on the earth's magnetic field for navigation
and since CME have a EM cause then perhaps the magnetic field or the sensors within the animals are disrupted.... It appears your 2nd one is warm weather, aka temperature effects. This would be not magnets effecting magnets (first postulate) but thermal effects impacting magnets. Both interesting postulates. But again you can't skip to proclaiming truth. You need to evidence first. Waiting...

(And another point warm weather is not only a result of solar activity. We have an atmosphere that's changing composition. Such an even will hold heat better or worse. We have oceans and lands which are different materials and store heat differently. There also appears to be warming and cooling from non-solar cosmic events. You claimed warming to only be from the sun and this has been proven false.)

Quote:
You have twisted this into some fallacy of Authority. I encourage no one to accept it because I said it. Instead I encourage you to review the scientifically and observerational established properties of objects and the severe out of alignment Haramein postulates. You asked for counter examples -- they are the one's nature itself makes. I politely responded to your request to do your work for you.

Quote:
Did you ever think, for one second that it is possibly only the earth's core that is a black hole? Just like he said there may be a black hole at the sun's core. Keep on twisting Mr. Twister.
Clearly I did consider that possiblity as I gave the observation evidence of the earth. And I saw how that evidence fit in with the blackhole postulate. (Again it doesn't.) Also, I disagree with your view that Haramein used 'may'. Haramein claimed the sun HAS a blackhole. And he further claimed that earth sized alien spaceships use this blackhole for a StarGate.

Quote:
Right because volcanoes have nothing to do with magnetic fields, right?
There is more than a single cause of magnetism. Do some research.

Quote:
Because he didn't spend money with any establishment to BUY a PhD, he is not notable.
His works is not noteable due to it's failure to accurately represent reality. And again he realizes this as that's why he needs to get back to us on how his theory fails to fairly represent mass.

Quote:
So, wait, in nuclear fission power reactions we need an initial surge of power to initiate the chain reaction but we aren't supposed to have the same requirement for fusion?
You mean there's no free lunch? You don't say.

Quote:
To put that in perspective, one gram of deuterium will provide 144 billion Joules of energy when it is completely burned into helium.

Sounds like its worth it to me.
According to the Ars link you posted with our current state of understanding we need to provide 50x144 billion Joules to get out 144 billion. 'Worth it' would be a no because we have a net loss of energy. Worth it happens once we insert something less than 144 billion and get out 144 billion and thereby getting a net gain in useable energy. Though then the 'worth it' at that point is a question of cost per joule input versus sales price per joule output.

Quote:
But I guess the point you missed is that Nimrod doesn't believe in cold fusion despite overwhelming evidence that it exists
I can't speak for Nimrod but what I can say about it is to date usable Cold Fusion does not exist. (Ever wonder why they call it cold fusion when really the have that. It's room temp fusion they're looking for. So really warm comparitively.)

Quote:
antigravity exists
Postulated but unproven. But, as always open to evidence.

Quote:
if they don't exist then Frank Zdnarsic never studied
Many people have wrongly claimed an effect that didn't exist. What makes you believe Zdnarsic is infallible? It could be he's seeing something and misappropriating the cause. It's happened hundredes of times before. For example there are many many Unified Theory papers that exist and none have proven themselves workable. So there clearly is a set of people that aren't getting the right answer.

And again a postulate doesn't have the observational backing to support another postulate. Science and the world needs evidence before we join in Lou's undulating dance of truth.

Last edited by BrianK on 08-Feb-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 08-Feb-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Feb-2012 18:07:37
#1404 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Since we've yet to see anything proven we accept any postulate as a possibility. The next step is to demonstrate that the postulate is true. You always skip this step and go right to claiming postulates are true.

sucks when I use your own words against you doesn't it?

Quote:
Quote:
Don't know? Seems to me you have two postulates on the table. The first one was Quote:
Animals such as whales and birds rely on the earth's magnetic field for navigation
and since CME have a EM cause then perhaps the magnetic field or the sensors within the animals are disrupted.... It appears your 2nd one is warm weather, aka temperature effects. This would be not magnets effecting magnets (first postulate) but thermal effects impacting magnets. Both interesting postulates. But again you can't skip to proclaiming truth. You need to evidence first. Waiting...

I gave an answer consistent with my EM is everywhere attitude where as you are back to ultra-mundane mode since you are on the ropes...

Quote:

(And another point warm weather is not only a result of solar activity. We have an atmosphere that's changing composition. Such an even will hold heat better or worse. We have oceans and lands which are different materials and store heat differently. There also appears to be warming and cooling from non-solar cosmic events. You claimed warming to only be from the sun and this has been proven false.)

Right, it currently has nothing to do with CME, right BrianK?
Get over yourself, really.

Quote:

Quote:
You have twisted this into some fallacy of Authority. I encourage no one to accept it because I said it. Instead I encourage you to review the scientifically and observerational established properties of objects and the severe out of alignment Haramein postulates. You asked for counter examples -- they are the one's nature itself makes. I politely responded to your request to do your work for you.

If anything looks twisted, it's just a page out of your book. Even this quote is out of context...as usual...

Quote:

Quote:
Clearly I did consider that possiblity as I gave the observation evidence of the earth. And I saw how that evidence fit in with the blackhole postulate. (Again it doesn't.) Also, I disagree with your view that Haramein used 'may'. Haramein claimed the sun HAS a blackhole. And he further claimed that earth sized alien spaceships use this blackhole for a StarGate.

He claimed nothing. He postulated, Mr. Twist. And the wheels of the bus go round and round...round and round.

Quote:

Quote:
Right because volcanoes have nothing to do with magnetic fields, right?
There is more than a single cause of magnetism. Do some research.

How about you wake the frak up?

Quote:

Quote:
Because he didn't spend money with any establishment to BUY a PhD, he is not notable.
His works is not noteable due to it's failure to accurately represent reality. And again he realizes this as that's why he needs to get back to us on how his theory fails to fairly represent mass.

So says our lord and savior BrianK...

Quote:

Quote:
You mean there's no free lunch? You don't say.

No I didn't, YOU however seem to say alot of things for me, Mr. Twist.

Quote:
Quote:

[quote]Sounds like its worth it to me.
According to the Ars link you posted with our current state of understanding we need to provide 50x144 billion Joules to get out 144 billion. 'Worth it' would be a no because we have a net loss of energy. Worth it happens once we insert something less than 144 billion and get out 144 billion and thereby getting a net gain in useable energy. Though then the 'worth it' at that point is a question of cost per joule input versus sales price per joule output.

Perhaps you failed to recognize the point of the article being about using magnetic (what, you mean EM everywhere again?) fields to make the process more efficient...

Quote:

Quote:
But I guess the point you missed is that Nimrod doesn't believe in cold fusion despite overwhelming evidence that it exists
I can't speak for Nimrod but what I can say about it is to date usable Cold Fusion does not exist. (Ever wonder why they call it cold fusion when really the have that. It's room temp fusion they're looking for. So really warm comparitively.)

It's called cold fusion because room temperature is alot colder than the sun. In fact it generally goes by the the term LENR for which there is alot of online documention regarding this subject matter that your religion tells you doesn't exist.

Quote:

Quote:
if they don't exist then Frank Zdnarsic never studied
Many people have wrongly claimed an effect that didn't exist. What makes you believe Zdnarsic is infallible? It could be he's seeing something and misappropriating the cause. It's happened hundredes of times before. For example there are many many Unified Theory papers that exist and none have proven themselves workable. So there clearly is a set of people that aren't getting the right answer.

And again a postulate doesn't have the observational backing to support another postulate. Science and the world needs evidence before we join in Lou's undulating dance of truth.

This has nothing to do with Frank Z being fallible or infallible. This has to do with him making an AMAZING realization studying 2 subjects that 'don't exist' and now you see it coroborated by other scientists. So either you and Nimrod are correct and 'cold fusion' and anti-gravity don't exist, or he found it with REAL RESEARCH of REAL SUBJECT MATTER which was cold fusion and anti-gravity. Two peas in a pod.
What is simply stupifying is in the video I linked - SPECIFIC NAMES of people and orgainizations (such as NASA and the US Navy) are named that Frank Z collaborated with...perhaps they don't exist either...

Last edited by Lou on 08-Feb-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 08-Feb-2012 at 06:09 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Feb-2012 19:03:11
#1405 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
sucks when I use your own words against you doesn't it?
I guess you are reading in more than I am. You're the one postulating, claiming truth and I'm simply asking you again to prove it not faith it.

Quote:
I gave an answer consistent with my EM is everywhere attitude
Again consistent with your mix up postulates and conclusions attitude.

Quote:
So says our lord and savior BrianK... .... Mr. Twist
At one time you decryed personal attacks. In truth you have more of them than anyone else here. Are you ever going to abide by your own rules?

Quote:
So either you and Nimrod are correct and 'cold fusion' and anti-gravity don't exist, or he found it with REAL RESEARCH of REAL SUBJECT MATTER which was cold fusion and anti-gravity.
Got my money for the HoverBoard where do I go?

Quote:
SPECIFIC NAMES of people and orgainizations (such as NASA and the US Navy) are named that Frank Z collaborated with...perhaps they don't exist either
Another fallacy of authority. Just because someone worked at NASA doesn't mean their current postulate is any more, or any less valid. Like every other person that wants to know this stuff it has to stand up against experimentation, predictability, and evidence.

Once upon a time there was a famous doctor Linus Pauling. He worked with the big names of the field, Bohr, Erwin Schrödinger . He did some great work. Invented electronegativity, uncovered sickle cells helping millions of sick people, helped build the ideas which predicted the DNA double helix (which was later confirmed). Truly a leader in the field... Later in his career he became convinced that Vitamin C cured cancer. No one could duplicate his findings. Collaboring experiments, even today with large IV does of Vitamin C have shown no positive effects on cancer. And importantly took large doses of Vitamin C to prevent cancer but still died of Prostrate Cancer. --- Overall a very good life and intellect. But, not all ideas are valid. They must be proven. Becoming your own disprove is a disgrace is something no one wants, but is an important historical note. And it further demonstrates how your claims from Authority (famous associates, schools, awards, institutions, titles and their pretty plaquards on the wall) are all unimportant. What is important is experimention, evidence, and predictability. Pauling had none for Vitamin C. And to date Zndarisac has little to none. And the world itself has evidence counter to the properties Haramein claims.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Feb-2012 19:38:46
#1406 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyOtIsnG71U

BrianK 
Posted on 8-Feb-2012 20:27:39
#1407 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Quote:

Wow most excellent! Now all we have to do is rebuild our entire roadway system with magnets, hold about 4000 pounds, and invent something that can cool for an infinite amount of time to -300C. Which brings us back full circle to the reason why room temperature 'Cold Fusion' would be so important to discover, and clear evidence that we have failed to do so.

Unfortunately Pons and Fleischmann rushed to the press with their 'discovery'. Too bad they failed in good practice of science. Giving them the benefit of doubt they ended up creating a pseudo science. Had they properly experimented, confirmed, and worked their understanding they wouldn't have set back LENR research by decades.

I suggest you should take the opportunity to learn from theirr failure to properly conduct skeptical science and rushing headlong into claiming truth of a postulate with the severe lack of evidence!

Last edited by BrianK on 08-Feb-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 08-Feb-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Feb-2012 21:44:05
#1408 ]

@Lou

Quote:
But I guess the point you missed is that Nimrod doesn't believe in cold fusion despite overwhelming evidence that it exists and continues to be studied
My belief (or lack thereof) is totally irrelevant If it exists then there is nothing to stop you quoting the map co-ordinates of a working cold fusion generator and making me look silly. So where is it?

Quote:
if they don't exist then Frank Zdnarsic never studied them to get that number
By George! I do believe he's got it!
Now look up what fλ is. (Clue : c ≠ 1.049x10^6) So even if he did observe high frequency electron level transitions in an anti-gravity environment, his "mathematics" is flawed.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 13:47:07
#1409 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
But I guess the point you missed is that Nimrod doesn't believe in cold fusion despite overwhelming evidence that it exists and continues to be studied
My belief (or lack thereof) is totally irrelevant If it exists then there is nothing to stop you quoting the map co-ordinates of a working cold fusion generator and making me look silly. So where is it?

http://www.lenr-canr.org/
The science exists, it's slow ding-batted engineers that have failed to make it applicable.

Quote:

Quote:
if they don't exist then Frank Zdnarsic never studied them to get that number
By George! I do believe he's got it!
Now look up what fλ is. (Clue : c ≠ 1.049x10^6) So even if he did observe high frequency electron level transitions in an anti-gravity environment, his "mathematics" is flawed.

Thanks for continually displaying how lost you are on this... You will actually never get it...

BrianK 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 14:04:12
#1410 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Thanks for continually displaying how lost you are on this... You will actually never get it...
Another big failure of association of Authority. You have successfully put Zdnarsic and his work in an untouchable realm. And you appear to have put down Nimrod's comments because they came from Nimrod.

How about putting your money where your mouth is. PROVE Nimrod's wrong and PROVE Zdnarsic is right. Show us your math.

(Do note I've accepted neither here. Simply again show us your evidence that Nimrod's numbers must be wrong.)

EDIT: Fixed my error where it seemed Lou supported science.

Last edited by BrianK on 09-Feb-2012 at 05:49 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 14:28:08
#1411 ]
Elite Member

Snipped - Double post

Last edited by BrianK on 09-Feb-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 15:09:06
#1412 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Wow most excellent! Now all we have to do is rebuild our entire roadway system with magnets, hold about 4000 pounds, and invent something that can cool for an infinite amount of time to -300C. Which brings us back full circle to the reason why room temperature 'Cold Fusion' would be so important to discover, and clear evidence that we have failed to do so.

Unfortunately Pons and Fleischmann rushed to the press with their 'discovery'. Too bad they failed in good practice of science. Giving them the benefit of doubt they ended up creating a pseudo science. Had they properly experimented, confirmed, and worked their understanding they wouldn't have set back LENR research by decades.

I suggest you should take the opportunity to learn from theirr failure to properly conduct skeptical science and rushing headlong into claiming truth of a postulate with the severe lack of evidence!

First watch this where at the end he touches on quantum physics at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLWwKoxN-hA

Then a year later that part is explained:
Once again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr_s28wIOzQ
Remember, this is where Nimrod gets lost so don't bother sharing this with him.

Fixed.

Last edited by Lou on 09-Feb-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 15:11:12
#1413 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Another big failure of association of Authority. You have successfully put Zdnarsic and his work in an untouchable realm. And you appear to have put down Lou's comments because they came from Lou.

How about putting your money where your mouth is. PROVE Lou's wrong and PROVE Zdnarsic is right. Show us your math.

(Do note I've accepted neither here. Simply again show us your evidence that Lou's numbers must be wrong.)

I'm confused reading this who you are talking to...

BrianK 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 16:00:40
#1414 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
'If the quantum theory here proves to be true it'll be the coolest thing NASA has done in the last 30 years' Aka this stuff is all unproven to date. We can't join Lou for a beer because we want to do our homework (evidence) first.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 17:47:51
#1415 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
'If the quantum theory here proves to be true it'll be the coolest thing NASA has done in the last 30 years' Aka this stuff is all unproven to date. We can't join Lou for a beer because we want to do our homework (evidence) first.

Clearly you didn't relate 'the quantum thing' to Frank Zdnarsic's work that I linked after...
Ah ####, I noticed the links are the same, going to look them back up and fix it.

Last edited by Lou on 09-Feb-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 19:13:17
#1416 ]
Elite Member

http://doyle.house.gov/FRPA112FINAL.pdf

This is the best thing I've seen a "democratic" government propose!
Now the big question is: will it pass and does it apply to the military....

Nimrod 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 19:41:33
#1417 ]

@Lou

Quote:
http://www.lenr-canr.org/ The science exists, it's slow ding-batted engineers that have failed to make it applicable.
I agree that various serious people have been trying to achieve this dream for many years now, but a bit of excess heat for a few hours is not sufficient to prove that the method actually works. While it is not the total reason for scientific scepticism this article has an added reason to be skeptical when looking at energy production. Quote:
Cheap fusion power would transform economies, and con-artists play on the dream of free energy. But fraudsters usually keep asking for a bit more money to complete their invention and keep delaying the actual proof.
Add to this the fact that nuclear power was supposed to have given us "Electricity too cheap to meter" and you can probably see why some of us are not inclined to be too gullible. If however Rossi's contrivance can manage to produce significant amounts of energy for a significant amount of time, without Rossi having to be present, then I will be delighted. But until such time as it has been proven to work, it remains unproven. It really is as simple as that.

Quote:
You will actually never get it...
Oh I will get it... Just as soon as I can park my car above the garage instead of in it.

Quote:
Remember, this is where Nimrod gets lost so don't bother sharing this with him.
Lou, even if I accepted the proposition that light slows down inside an atom, the statement in this video (5m40s) that "through this process, energy can be pumped into the atoms and effectively transformed into gravitational propulsion" is pure, unadulterated technobabble worthy of Scotty from Star Trek. As things stand, Podkletnov and Znidarsic are no closer to anti-gravity than this.

One part of this video that I did like was the quote displayed at 8m25s Quote:
It doesn't matter how smart you are, or how brilliant your theory is, if it doesn't agree with experiment... Its wrong. R. P. Feynman
You may like to apply this idea to the concept of the Schwartzchild proton.

BrianK 
Posted on 9-Feb-2012 20:29:22
#1418 ]
Elite Member

Early on this thread one of the 'Nibiru is coming fears' was expressed in # of earthquakes. Well what'd 2011 look like? Definitely one of the busiest years, but not the busiest that was 2010 when 'Nibiru' was farther away.

"According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 16 major earthquakes in any given year, which includes 15 earthquakes in the magnitude 7 range and one earthquake magnitude 8.0 or greater. In the past 38 years, from 1973 through 2011, our records show that we have exceeded the long-term average number of major earthquakes only 8 times, in 1976, 1990, 1995, 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
The year with the largest total was 2010, with 24 earthquakes greater than or equal to magnitude 7.0"
"

The data does not support the correlation, let alone causation, that an extra earth object was the cause.

BrianK 
Posted on 10-Feb-2012 14:40:41
#1419 ]
Elite Member

Science demonstrates coorelation is not casuation. Though coorelation is an important first step. , relationships can be suggested by data even when they don't actually exist

"All in all, discovery of a "universal" law within the data may be an artifact of imagination, so it's good to add a healthy dose of skepticism before such claims are presented to the public as revelations. "
-- AKA claiming a postulate as true is a bad practice without multiple lines of diverse evidence for confirmation and even worse when it's out of alignment with reality. Though note again what we can build is only what we know to date. So even if we mark something as a workable Scientific Theory there is always an asterix of 'based on the evidence we have to date'.

BrianK 
Posted on 10-Feb-2012 17:37:25
#1420 ]
Elite Member

@Lou
Higgs Boson stands at a 99.996% accurate probability If the lHC ramps up another 1000GeV it's predicted by end of 2012 we'll have sufficent certainty to establish, or discard.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle