Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 161 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

pixie

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  6 secs ago
 BigD:  26 mins ago
 matthey:  41 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 18 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 Swisso:  1 hr 46 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 54 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nimrod 
Re: Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Posted on 17-May-2011 13:39:22
#21 ]

@MikeB

Webster Griffin Tarpley Graduated BA in 1966 and postgraduate MA from Skidmore college. Unless the rules have changed, or he has an unrecorded doctorate, I see no justification for the Dr. that you appended to the front of his name.
I watched the video that you linked to and saw a bitter twisted relic complaining that he disagrees with the outcome of the last American election. To carry out a bit more research on this man I watched another interview conducted by Alex Jones
This 50minute diatribe is the introduction to presentation of "proof" that the Obama birth certificate recently published by the State of Hawaii is a forgery, and that Obama should not be permitted to remain President of the USA.
For the benefit of Alex and Webster
The main river that runs through London is pronounced "tems"
At the state opening of Parliament, the "Queens Speech" is written by the PM's office.
Gough Whitlams name is pronounced "goff", it does not rhyme with cow.
Although Edward Duke of Windsor was proclaimed King, he was never crowned. Although it is true he was a supporter of Hitler, anybody choosing to condemn him should also look to the actions and attitudes of the US ambassador to London 1938 to 1940.
Tarpley goes on in this "interview" to hint that Churchill was somehow responsible for the outbreak of WWII. Before the war Churchills warnings about the nazis were as well received in UK, as Roosevelts opinions about involvement were in America.

Finally, even if Obama himself were to be proven beyond all possible doubt to be the spawn of satan as this individual seems to imply, it does not make Nibiru any more valid as a potential threat to the Earth, nor does it refute the theory of gravity. It is a complete red herring.

The challenge remains for you to provide a mathematical basis for your hypothesis.

Last edited by Nimrod on 17-May-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 17-May-2011 14:11:30
#22 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Thanks for the feedback. That link wasn't something for me to be bothered. I expected more lack of evidence. The anti-birth certificate group is called the 'Birthers' here in the USA. Polls put it about 17% of the population. Which is likely about right. It seems there is always 15--20% of people that believe whatever crap they want to believe even if all evidence is against them. These sorts are fairly weak in their ability to consider.

BrianK 
Posted on 17-May-2011 14:38:06
#23 ]
Elite Member

A good read The Science of Why We Don't Believe Science .. Great phrase from the article -- "..attempts to persuade can sometimes trigger a backfirew effect, where people not only fail to change their minds when confronted with the facts-they may hold their wrong views more tenaciously than ever"

MikeB 
Posted on 17-May-2011 14:48:41
#24 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

With people like Audrey Tomason as Director for Counterterrorism and John P. Holdren as your Science and Technology advisor IMO something is up.

T-J 
Posted on 17-May-2011 14:53:50
#25 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Look, if you're going to make these accusations, just make them. Don't cloak them in cryptic clues about people President Obama chooses to employ in advisory roles.

Frankly, if your accusation really is that Obama and Science are in cahoots in planning a global genocide, for a reason you leave conveniently vague, I think that's approaching slander. Lucky you, parody is protected speech, so Poe's Law should serve.

Anyway, I also notice you've chosen yet again not to address my points concerning why your idea is completely impossible. I presume that means you've chosen to skip over the facts again, to preserve your opinions from being challenged in any way.

So much for open-mindedness.

Last edited by T-J on 17-May-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Last edited by T-J on 17-May-2011 at 02:55 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 17-May-2011 15:12:26
#26 ]
Elite Member

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/ostp-letter-neos-house.pdf

Nimrod 
Posted on 17-May-2011 15:31:42
#27 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/ostp-letter-neos-house.pdf

And your point is?

Last edited by Nimrod on 17-May-2011 at 03:32 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 17-May-2011 16:00:51
#28 ]
Elite Member

About George Soros, as posted in the earlier thread to be considered at the head of the illuminati and considered to be the "puppet master":

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-george-soros-is-buying-up-amiercan.html
Some background info:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-11-10/glenn-becks-anti-semitic-attack-on-george-soros/2/full/Great%20Writers%20Rescue%20Obama/followfull/followfull/editorial@thedailybeast.commailto:editorial@thedailybeast.comfull/follow/

T-J 
Posted on 17-May-2011 16:17:18
#29 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Yeah, yeah. Black helicopters and all that.

Dream on.

And you still haven't answered any of the points raised. Does this mean you accept that your video was talking rubbish?

T-J 
Posted on 17-May-2011 16:32:25
#30 ]
Cult Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
And your point is?

I'm not sure there is a point anymore.

I think he's just posting whatever he can dredge up from the internet. Any conspiracy, no matter how irrelevant, unlikely or downright impossible.

Using the same twisted logic with which he conflated 'Nibiru', 'Planet X', 'Nemesis' and Tyche, I guess he feels that the existence of each conspiracy theory is evidence for the correctness of every other conspiracy theory, despite each one being mutually exclusive with regards to all the others.

Person A believes that the US government is controlling everything, Person B thinks the Bavarian Illuminati is controlling everything and Person C thinks the Zetas are controlling everything. If A is true, B and C can't be, and so on.

But because three people think *someone* is controlling everything, as far as MikeB is concerned they must be right, and its the Zetas who form the Illuminati disguised as the government of the United States doing it all.

Then Person D comes along and says no, the British Royal Family are actually reptilian aliens, and *they* control everything really!

Not a problem for MikeB, because this new conspiracy theory is merely yet more evidence for there being some conspiracy, somewhere! So now its Zetas, who have formed the Bavarian Illuminati, disguising themselves as the British Royal Family and using their mystic powers to operate human puppets who form the American government, controlling everything.

Simples!

Nimrod 
Posted on 17-May-2011 17:41:32
#31 ]

@MikeB

Question: Who or what is/are the Illuminati?
Answer: They are a shadowy secret society that we can tell you all about!

Why does the previous Q&A make no sense?

So somebody wants to own media companies in a country other than the one he was born in. So What? Never heard of Rupert Murdoch?
Or is it that Soros is a "Liberal". Let me drop a hint, Attila the Hun was a Liberal compared to some of the people pulling the strings in such media groups as Fox, or News International.

Quote:
@Nimrod With people like Audrey Tomason as Director for Counterterrorism and John P. Holdren as your Science and Technology advisor IMO something is up.

Not my Science and Technology advisor. Barack Obama does not post here as Nimrod.

Another red herring.

The challenge remains for you to provide a mathematical basis for your hypothesis.

Last edited by Nimrod on 18-May-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 17-May-2011 17:56:35
#32 ]

@T-J

Re: Your post #17
All that from just the first minute

If you had watched the entire 157 minutes and 40 seconds, I dread to think what the reply would have been like.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-May-2011 4:11:24
#33 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
Yeah, yeah. Black helicopters and all that.

Dream on.

And you still haven't answered any of the points raised. Does this mean you accept that your video was talking rubbish?

I really hope that MikeB is breaking the ToS and trolling! As sad as that might be it's much better then the alternative that he's serious and subsequently might possibly wear a tinfoil hat to protect the illumnati lead government from broadcasting his thoughts to the incoming alien invaders.

MikeB 
Posted on 18-May-2011 9:11:37
#34 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

No, as I don't have the technology myself to determine the exact position and thus timing of passage for Nibiru/Nemesis/Tyche I only made basic preparations such as having a bag ready with essentials such as flashlights/protection/first aid kit, water & food storage and enough fuel to make it to higher land areas. I mapped the areas prone to flooding, areas of volcanic/plate activity and read survival guides.

If events unfold within unexpected timeframes my first concern will be to bring my family to safety. Afterwards I intend to volunteer for relief efforts as with the Red Cross to help as many people as I can and secure resources/essentials.

I respect that you don't believe anything can or will happen, but it saddens me that you are so intolerant towards people who think there's actually a good chance something may indeed happen before the end of this year.

I think there are enough historical, geological, meteorological and political hints towards some major event potentially taking place within our lifetime and thus I view the sharing of various scenarios and discussions as something to empower you to enable you to make similar preparations.

I believe it would be unethical to keep this information just for myself (although it;s a difficult task as you have been brainwashed by Soros' media). Remember the Germans under the control of the illuminati Adolf Hitler, most Germans claimed about the concentration camps: "wir haben es nicht gewusst". Hopefully such things like that will never happen again, but remember Soros' attitude during the holocaust.

Last edited by MikeB on 18-May-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Last edited by MikeB on 18-May-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Last edited by MikeB on 18-May-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 18-May-2011 10:38:46
#35 ]

@MikeB
In a British television comedy quiz show called QI, one of the answers offered to the question "What is the largest man made structure visible from space?" was Holland. Holland is unique in Europe as the only country that has extended its borders without compromising the territorial integrity of its neighbours. Any country with so much reclaimed land has every justification for fearing rising sea levels. There are enough real dangers out there, you really don't need to invent imaginary monsters.
As regards history and politics, the history of Europe is one of almost perpetual dissent and warfare since before the Romans first put a wall around their village, and the period since the Russians entered Berlin has been one of almost unnatural calm in Europe. This peace has the chance to continue only if people remember the history, but refuse to allow themselves to repeat it. Dredging up old resentments dooms us all to one more ride on the merry-go-round.
Quote:
(although it;s a difficult task as you have been brainwashed by Soros' media).
Although I cannot make any comment on BrianK's exposure to media manipulation, the largest media company in UK is News International. This company is not owned by George Soros. George Soros also does not own BBC.
Quote:
Remember the Germans under the control of the illuminati Adolf Hitler, most Germans claimed about the concentration camps: "wir haben es nicht gewusst". Hopefully such things like that will never happen again, but remember Soros' attitude during the holocaust.
I do not normally like to do this, but since you choose to dredge up this particular period of history I will invite comparison between the actions of a young teenage Hungarian jew, trying to survive at a time, and in a place, when being a jew was a considerable disadvantage, with the actions of many other young men whose country had been occupied. Was this boy supposed to walk up to the combined weight of the 23rd SS Volunteer Panzer Grenadier Division Nederland, and tell them to stop?

Last edited by Nimrod on 18-May-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Last edited by Nimrod on 18-May-2011 at 11:21 AM.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-May-2011 12:15:58
#36 ]
Elite Member

@MikeB

Quote:
No, as I don't have the technology myself to determine the exact position and thus timing of passage for Nibiru/Nemesis/Tyche
The Nibiru story is one that provides position and speed. Individually you could buy or even borrow a telescope. You could start a find Nibiru club where you collectively pool monies to use the university telescope.

Quote:
I respect that you don't believe anything can or will happen, but it saddens me that you are so intolerant towards people who think there's actually a good chance something may indeed happen before the end of this year.
You completely have the blame wrong. I don't intolerate people. I intolerate unsupported pseudoscientific woo-woo. It saddens me to think people are seriously so bad at science and rationality. It further saddens me to think people are investing their time and energy living in such fear. I'd rather see people bringing value and understanding to their lives. Ideas such as Nibiru (and other doomsday ideas) are one's that cause people to live in fear and paranoia which detracts from success and happiness. It's exactly because I enjoy and want the best for people that I don't want them being afraid of shadows in the cave.

Quote:
I think there are enough historical, geological, meteorological and political hints towards some major event potentially taking place within our lifetime and thus I view the sharing of various scenarios and discussions as something to empower you to enable you to make similar preparations.
In 0-33 AD, time of Jesus, there was a large number of 'prophets' that predicted the end times. Even Jesus' apostles believed this. We can see history littered with the bodies of the irrational and faithful as they gave kool-aid to their children and waited for Halley's Comet to take them away. Doomsday junk-science should be hated when these sorts of events are ones for well over 2000 years have caused people to live in fear and take their own lives.

Even - it's all magnets - is nothing new. In 1919 meterologist, Albert Porta, predicted the alignment of 6 planets would create such a huge magetic storm that the sun would explode thereby destroying the earth. Being wrong he lost his well respected career. At least he was smart enough not to bet on the hemlock.

EDIT: And afterall the rapture is Saturday, May 21st. Or so says the Harold Camping billboard I passed last night. If he's right all the good Christians will be wisked off and the demand of gas should go down. I'm planning to refill the cars on Sunday.

Actually the thing I fear most is such brain washed Rapturists because they have a nasty habit of taking a few 'non-believers' with them. :END EDIT

Last edited by BrianK on 18-May-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 18-May-2011 13:31:50
#37 ]

@BrianK

Quote:
EDIT: And afterall the rapture is Saturday, May 21st. Or so says the Harold Camping billboard I passed last night. If he's right all the good Christians will be wisked off and the demand of gas should go down. I'm planning to refill the cars on Sunday.

Check the billboard again on Sunday. I have this mental image of a banner pasted diagonally across it with the word "cancelled" in bold uppercase, like a stage show called off because the star got sick.

On a separate note: Count your blessings. Petrol=£1.37/litre, Diesel=£1.41/litre. This equates to $8.40, and $8.70 per US gallon.
I nearly got the conversion wrong because when it comes to gallons, apparently mine is bigger than yours is.
end

T-J 
Posted on 18-May-2011 13:48:29
#38 ]
Cult Member

@MikeB

Quote:

And what about your intolerance of any evidence that contradicts your faith in Nibiru?

As BrianK said, we're not intolerant of people believing in rubbish. We're intolerant of people preaching it as if it were science. There's a difference.

Quote:

So why can you not provide any evidence for those hints?

Historical hints? None whatsoever indicating impending doom.

Meteorological hints? What, you think the apocalypse is going to be reported on the Weather Forecast? Light showers with sunny spells, and a band of certain death sweeping in from the northwest?

Geological hints? Did you read my earlier post? There are no geological indications of anything that you suggest. Nothing at all. If you think there are some, I'd be very interested in seeing some actual evidence.

And political? There are always major political events going on in the world. Nothing indicates a global conspiracy. In fact the utter failure of the world's leaders to form a common policy on anything at all indicates the exact opposite.

Quote:
I believe it would be unethical to keep this information just for myself (although it;s a difficult task as you have been brainwashed by Soros' media). Remember the Germans under the control of the illuminati Adolf Hitler, most Germans claimed about the concentration camps: "wir haben es nicht gewusst". Hopefully such things like that will never happen again, but remember Soros' attitude during the holocaust.

Brainwashed by the Soros media?

I take it this resort to personal attack means you haven't got any evidence left and that you can't think of any way to refute the evidence we've provided? So now its just a matter of accusing the solid, irrefutable evidence of being part of George Soros' conspiracy.

Oh, and nice Godwin there. Argumentum ad hitlerum at its finest.

Last edited by T-J on 18-May-2011 at 01:51 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 18-May-2011 14:14:04
#39 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
Quote:
@MikeB wrote: I think there are enough historical, geological, meteorological and political hints towards some major event
Historical hints? None whatsoever indicating impending doom.

Hitler's Germany committed about 20M deaths w/ genocide. About the same time Stalin's Russia committed about 15M deaths w/ genocide. And at about the same time roughly 30M were lost in WWII. --- If there were a period at which the ends might have been around the corner I'd say the mid-20th century looked much bleaker in comparison to now. Not to say there isn't problems now but again MikeB give some serious consideration to the evidence.

(I reserve the right to be off in numbers. These were off the top of my head. Additionally different sources will cite different numbers depending upon how they count the data. So feel free to use your favorite search engine and library to do your own count. Certainly this isn't all inclusive, for example Japan killed millions of Chinese.)

Last edited by BrianK on 18-May-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 19-May-2011 0:57:16
#40 ]
Elite Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110518/od_yblog_upshot/new-book-says-ussr-behind-roswell-ufo

This is ridiculous. Even the people leaving commnets don't believe this and believe it was a real ufo. If it was the USSR who was magically deep in gene-altering and having remote controlled spacecraft 800 miles inland in 1947, I wonder what tech they have now... /fail

Ofcourse if it was the USSR, I think all the documents would be declassified by now, no?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle