Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 125 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

kolla

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  7 secs ago
 matthey:  10 mins ago
 pavlor:  22 mins ago
 Birbo:  22 mins ago
 Hypex:  26 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  39 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 11 mins ago
 A1200:  2 hrs 19 mins ago
 michalsc:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 23 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
T-J 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 12:56:54
#381 ]
Cult Member

Correction to myself: the author of Lou's latest junk link 'dated' the city by making unsupported inferences about alignments with astronomical features. Total rubbish, of course, as I shall now demonstrate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/manhattanhenge

Using the same logic, since the streets of Manhattan line up like that, they must have been meant to. Therefore, Manhattan is a site for the worship of the sun, built by a people who were known to worship the sun. Ancient Britons also had sites that lined up with solstices and such, so therefore, Manhattan was constructed around 2000BC by the Ancient Britons as a site for the ritual worship of the sun. By druids.

Simple. Now, Lou, prove me wrong. Your guess is as good as mine.

Profile     Report this post  
Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 14:31:48
#382 ]

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/196147-Ancient-Human-Metropolis-Found-in-Africa
Who would have thunk people were around 150,000 years ago?

Guesses, anyone?

I read the "article" and was about to comment, however I could not do better than one of the original comments posted on that site by someone calling himself Gilgamesh
Quote:
Gilgamesh: calculated by "a master achaeoastronomer" who wishes to remain anonymous by using the rise of Orion? first dated 25,000 then 75,000 now 160-200,000?? sorry, but this feels like a planted article to push the niburu agenda. the only other website talking about this is abovetopsecret. if this was a genuine find it would be all over the place by now. how many times now has planet x not shown up when it is supposed to? has anyone other than zechariah sitchen read from the Sumerian tablets
I also liked his avatar but I will refrain from stealing it
http://www.sott.net/avatar/image/360/avatar/BS.jpg

Last edited by Nimrod on 08-Jun-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 14:49:10
#383 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
There is evidence that gravity is bogus.
All that you have to do is produce the evidence for your Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposal and we will all fall into line.
The reason that you keep on whining is because you have no evidence
Lack of evidence against the veracity of your opium dream is not evidence for it'
The sales pitch of a convicted fraudster is not reliable evidence.
Narrative causality is not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence.
Personal abuse is not evidence.

Quote:
Everyone thought Sitchin was a bit crazy

Correction, Sitchin was not crazy, he was an incompetent, plagiarising,talentless, second rate sci-fi scribbler who lied about his ability to translate documents in order to try to improve his book sales. As were his fellow travellers Velikovsky and Von Daniken.
The latest addition to the parade of the incompetent is Nancy LIEder who is pushing this claptrap about the universe running on EM "because the voices in my head said so". They are all con-artists trying to part the gullible from their money.

Quote:
What does a retrograde orbit have to do with EM vs. gravity
Look at your own story. The magnetic field of this sun is spinning in the same direction as the sun itself. If EM had the power that you claim it does it would have reversed the orbital direction of the planet. The reason that it did not is because It could not

Remember your story about the roulette wheel, well your ability to get it right has not improved.

And the word-mouth stuffing continues...
You are also mis-recalling who said what. I believe MikeB mentioned rotation temporarily stopping when Niburu comes too close to earth, not revolution...

Lou 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 14:50:10
#384 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
Your guess is as good as mine.

This is the best thing I've read by you in, well, forever!

Lou 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 14:52:02
#385 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/196147-Ancient-Human-Metropolis-Found-in-Africa
Who would have thunk people were around 150,000 years ago?

Guesses, anyone?

I read the "article" and was about to comment, however I could not do better than one of the original comments posted on that site by someone calling himself Gilgamesh
Quote:
Gilgamesh: calculated by "a master achaeoastronomer" who wishes to remain anonymous by using the rise of Orion? first dated 25,000 then 75,000 now 160-200,000?? sorry, but this feels like a planted article to push the niburu agenda. the only other website talking about this is abovetopsecret. if this was a genuine find it would be all over the place by now. how many times now has planet x not shown up when it is supposed to? has anyone other than zechariah sitchen read from the Sumerian tablets
I also liked his avatar but I will refrain from stealing it
http://www.sott.net/avatar/image/360/avatar/BS.jpg

So now you give commentators have more scientific credibility than a news service...interesting...

The fact that he calls himself Gilgmesh is actually just as amusing as you calling yourself Nimrod...

Just so you don't get the wrong idea :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod

Last edited by Lou on 08-Jun-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 14:52:43
#386 ]
Elite Member

Wow look what else happened...

http://www.batangastoday.com/puyehue-volcano-over-500-miles-south-of-santiago-cancels-flights-from-two-buenos-aires-airports-in-argentina/14135/

T-J 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 16:06:54
#387 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:

That's right, Lou. Don't address the point, just take the pish. I take it that you therefore accept the assertion that the Ancient Britons built Manhattan in its current state 4000 years ago.

Why do you refuse to apply critical thinking to your own opinions? You're very good at holding mainstream opinions to incredibly high standards (although you tend to stick your fingers in your ears and ignore studies and experiments that adhere to them), so why not your own (and Sitchin's) opinion?

Last edited by T-J on 08-Jun-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 16:38:04
#388 ]

@Lou

Quote:
I believe MikeB mentioned rotation temporarily stopping when Niburu comes too close to earth, not revolution...

My post makes no mention of the rotation of the Earth, my post is entirely about the fact that the retrograde orbit of the planet designated WASP-17b totally disproves the EM claptrap that you and Nancy LIEder keep touting around.
Nibiru remains an entirely different work of fiction. One for which you still have not one single solitary shred of evidence
Quote:
So now you give commentators have more scientific credibility than a news service...interesting...
Anybody that cites Sitchin as a source instantly loses all claim to credibility. There are things crawling around under stones that have more credibility than the rubbish that you linked to.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 17:37:43
#389 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
I believe MikeB mentioned rotation temporarily stopping when Niburu comes too close to earth, not revolution...

My post makes no mention of the rotation of the Earth, my post is entirely about the fact that the retrograde orbit of the planet designated WASP-17b totally disproves the EM claptrap that you and Nancy LIEder keep touting around.
Nibiru remains an entirely different work of fiction. One for which you still have not one single solitary shred of evidence

I don't see how. If you actually bothered to read the article, it mentions that it could be due to another celestial body interfering at some point back in time.
To me, the reason all planets orbit and rotate around the sun in the same direction is because the planets are mass that the sun ejected at some point when it was all one big mass.

Ejected by means of EM, by the way...

Quote:

Quote:
Anybody that cites Sitchin as a source instantly loses all claim to credibility. There are things crawling around under stones that have more credibility than the rubbish that you linked to.

Opinions are like armpits, you got two and they both stink.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 17:39:19
#390 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

That's right, Lou. Don't address the point, just take the pish. I take it that you therefore accept the assertion that the Ancient Britons built Manhattan in its current state 4000 years ago.

Why do you refuse to apply critical thinking to your own opinions? You're very good at holding mainstream opinions to incredibly high standards (although you tend to stick your fingers in your ears and ignore studies and experiments that adhere to them), so why not your own (and Sitchin's) opinion?

I'm done teaching the blind to see. From now on I will try my best to point out strange co-incidences. If no one can connect the dots, it's really not my problem.

Nimrod 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 18:29:24
#391 ]

@Lou

Quote:
I don't see how. If you actually bothered to read the article, it mentions that it could be due to another celestial body interfering at some point back in time.
To me, the reason all planets orbit and rotate around the sun in the same direction is because the planets are mass that the sun ejected at some point when it was all one big mass.
And your EM is not capable of turning the planet round to rotate in the proper direction. because it lacks the power. This is not opinion, it is an observed fact. The planet is orbiting against the EM forces, and therefore refutes the entire edifice of your fantasy.

Quote:

More C.R.A.P with no basis in fact. Science is not about opinion Science is about evidence based, mathematically supported fact. Evidence and fact are two concepts that Sitchin and his acolytes find totally incomprehensible.

Quote:
From now on I will try my best to point out strange co-incidences.

Two can play that stupid game.
Quote:
http://www.ufodna.com/uf03/uf3/033314.htm
, and nine months later Barack Obama was born.
Sorry BrianK, but when the birthers get hold of this amazing revelation that Obama is not "true born American" but is an alien in all senses of the word, the sh*t will really hit the fan *
Also the events of the Prague spring led to this, and then this.
It is true that these coincidences do not actually coincide, but then neither do yours when you claim that coincidence=correlation

*Please note: Unlike some, I am not so gullible and spaced out on recreational drugs, that I actually believe the UFO tripe that I linked to. It is merely an example of how much dross there is out there.

Last edited by Nimrod on 08-Jun-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 8-Jun-2011 20:13:39
#392 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
And your EM is not capable of turning the planet round to rotate in the proper direction. because it lacks the power. This is not opinion, it is an observed fact. The planet is orbiting against the EM forces, and therefore refutes the entire edifice of your fantasy.

Quote:

More C.R.A.P with no basis in fact. Science is not about opinion Science is about evidence based, mathematically supported fact. Evidence and fact are two concepts that Sitchin and his acolytes find totally incomprehensible.

Quote:
From now on I will try my best to point out strange co-incidences.

Two can play that stupid game.
Quote:
http://www.ufodna.com/uf03/uf3/033314.htm
, and nine months later Barack Obama was born.
Sorry BrianK, but when the birthers get hold of this amazing revelation that Obama is not "true born American" but is an alien in all senses of the word, the sh*t will really hit the fan *
Also the events of the Prague spring led to this, and then this.
It is true that these coincidences do not actually coincide, but then neither do yours when you claim that coincidence=correlation

*Please note: Unlike some, I am not so gullible and spaced out on recreational drugs, that I actually believe the UFO tripe that I linked to. It is merely an example of how much dross there is out there.

Would you like some cheese?

BrianK 
Posted on 9-Jun-2011 2:37:56
#393 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
If no one can connect the dots, it's really not my problem
Again coorelation is not causation. If one can't connect the dots it is most probable that such connections do not exist.

August will come and Nibiru's predictions will be demonstrated to be worth about as much as Harold Camping's 'end of the world' May 2011 failure. Just as we see old Harold move the goal post to Oct 2011 we'll see the Nibiruians move their goal post to Dec 2012.

Lou 
Posted on 9-Jun-2011 12:24:29
#394 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
If no one can connect the dots, it's really not my problem
Again coorelation is not causation. If one can't connect the dots it is most probable that such connections do not exist.

August will come and Nibiru's predictions will be demonstrated to be worth about as much as Harold Camping's 'end of the world' May 2011 failure. Just as we see old Harold move the goal post to Oct 2011 we'll see the Nibiruians move their goal post to Dec 2012.

My goal post was moved to 2900 months ago...

BrianK 
Posted on 10-Jun-2011 4:20:55
#395 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:

Lou wrote:
@BrianK
Quote:
[quote] If no one can connect the dots, it's really not my problem

My goal post was moved to 2900 months ago...[/quote] So 241 AD? No Nibiru nor impact from Nibru then. Move your goal post but it's proved wrong so I'm not sure if that gains you anything.

At least if Nibiru has some August impact in 2011, as you and MikeB stated, we at least have something to consider.

Lou 
Posted on 10-Jun-2011 12:12:18
#396 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
My goal post was moved to 2900 months ago...
So 241 AD? No Nibiru nor impact from Nibru then. Move your goal post but it's proved wrong so I'm not sure if that gains you anything.

At least if Nibiru has some August impact in 2011, as you and MikeB stated, we at least have something to consider.

You read that wrong. To 2900 is the estimate year and "months ago" is when I read Sitchin's estimate regarding 2900AD.

I stated many times that it's more likely the Hopi prophecy.
This doesn't mean Nibiru doesn't exist, I posted about a planet in retrograde being discovered to add weight to what Sitchin said about Nibiru. Elenin is not in a retrograde orbit. I thought some things would be obvious but it seems I have to explain everything....

Last edited by Lou on 10-Jun-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 10-Jun-2011 15:21:27
#397 ]

@Lou

Quote:
This doesn't mean Nibiru doesn't exist, I posted about a planet in retrograde being discovered to add weight to what Sitchin said about Nibiru
Everything written by Zecharia Sitchin was the product of a delusional mind. Sitchin produced a not very entertaining story out misrepresentations, mistranslations, misquotes, speculations, suppositions, fictions, fallacies, fantasies, and absolute lies. In common with other conspiracy theorists and pseudoscientists, Sitchin ignored a vast body of research conducted by others, simply because it contradicted his childish fantasies. When this thread started it was pointed out that that the lack of gravitational effects proved that there was nothing that matched the definition of Nibiru approaching us. This is when you started spouting the Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposal put out by Nancy LIEder about EM does everything. The voices in Nancy LIEders head are not a credible scientific source. What you posted about a planet in retrograde orbit proves that your Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposal about EM is contradicted by observational evidence, and is pure pseudoscience of the worst kind.
You then moved the time window, but kept throwing up all sorts of Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposals to justify you quasi-religious belief in the holy writ of Sitchin, but never any actual evidence.
There is no evidence for the existence of Nibiru.
There is no evidence that extraterrestrials have ever intervened in human development.

Quote:
I suppose that this could pass as a true statement, but only because one pile of Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposals has as much, or as little, relevance to the real world as any other.

Quote:
I thought some things would be obvious but it seems I have to explain everything....
The only thing that is clearly obvious here is that you should stick to playing roulette. You have had better success there than you have had at distinguishing between fact and fiction. You keep producing Clearly Ridiculous Alternative Proposals, but you have never yet produced any evidence

All you need to do is produce some evidence and everything will fall into place for you, but unfortunately:
Lack of evidence against the veracity of your opium dream is not evidence for it'
The sales pitch of a convicted fraudster is not reliable evidence.
Narrative causality is not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence.
Personal abuse is not evidence.

Last edited by Nimrod on 10-Jun-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Last edited by Nimrod on 10-Jun-2011 at 03:22 PM.

BrianK 
Posted on 10-Jun-2011 16:11:31
#398 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
You read that wrong. To 2900 is the estimate year and "months ago" is when I read Sitchin's estimate regarding 2900AD.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
This doesn't mean Nibiru doesn't exist, I posted about a planet in
Ah yes Hopi of course. Well Hopi writings tell how when the world is in trouble humans lived with ats. So we can go and do that and all will be safe.

Quote:
retrograde being discovered to add weight to what Sitchin said about Nibiru.
A planet in retrograde neither proves Nibiru is in retrograde nor that Nibiru exists. No weight is added from this. You actually have to find Nibiru before we can tell if it is or isnt in retrograde. Aka bring some vaild and appllicable evidence.

Lou 
Posted on 10-Jun-2011 16:49:28
#399 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Wishing that I am wrong is not evidence that I am wrong.
Your armpit stinks, did you know that?

BrianK 
Posted on 10-Jun-2011 17:29:42
#400 ]
Elite Member

Someone had posted a comment about the works of Bill Shakespear being created from a set of infinite monkeys. Turns out someone Tested this .

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle