Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 148 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hypex:  7 mins ago
 Gunnar:  12 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  24 mins ago
 saimo:  34 mins ago
 amigakit:  53 mins ago
 OldFart:  53 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 41 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Video evidence presented in support of a fraudsters "theory"
Posted on 22-Jun-2011 18:37:58
#421 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
BrianK wrote: Quote:

I want to be certain I understand what you're claiming. Are you claiming that this undetected planet is somehow causing big earthquakes, 9s, but can't and aren't causing small earthqukes, 4.7s?
I'm saying you are alluding to 9.0+ earthquakes being caused by man. When you look at the engergy difference between a man-cause 4.7 and a 'something-cause' 9.0, it is laughable to even bring up man as a possible explanation for 9.0 quakes...

We've been told the earthquakes, storms, volcanoes, and such events are up all over the planet due to the yet to be detected planet. I posted something relating to earthquakes - a probable cause for them being up.

Lou you're clearly inferring something that is not there. First you read in Chile and Japan when I wrote US. Now you are claiming I'm saying something about 9.0+s when neither my writings nor the article I liked to said any such thing.

Profile     Report this post  
Nimrod 
Posted on 22-Jun-2011 18:39:51
#422 ]

@Lou

Quote:
I'm saying you are alluding to 9.0+ earthquakes being caused by man. When you look at the engergy difference between a man-cause 4.7 and a 'something-cause' 9.0, it is laughable to even bring up man as a possible explanation for 9.0 quakes...

I didn't realise that you had started to grasp the concept of orders of magnitude, now try the influence of a 4km diameter dirty snowball at a distance of 897588000 km. A fully loaded jumbo jet passing overhead at 35000ft (10,670 metres) has a greater influence, making the "Elenin alignments" blatantly ridiculous.

Lou 
Posted on 22-Jun-2011 20:10:17
#423 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

[quote] making the "Elenin alignments" blatantly ridiculous.

...and yet the co-incidences exists...

Unless you have landed on it and made a snowball, you only have a theory that it's a snowball much less a dirty one.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 11:20:08
#424 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Quote:
making the "Elenin alignments" blatantly ridiculous.
...and yet the co-incidences exists...
There are about 205 Big earthquakes a year. So roughly 1 every couple of days. Elenin appears to go into alignment monthly. And as demonstrated in the 'earthquakes happen on alignment' claim they rarely do. Instead we saw big quakes like those in Chile, and Japan within a week before or a week after alignment. Thus, a 2 week buffer along with a monthly alignment (1/2 the year) would indicate during these times we should see about 100 earthquakes.

This shows us it's not coincidence. It's simply thought to be coincidence by people who are mathemathically challenged.

Last edited by BrianK on 23-Jun-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Last edited by BrianK on 23-Jun-2011 at 11:20 AM.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 15:53:32
#425 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Unless you have landed on it and made a snowball, you only have a theory that it's a snowball much less a dirty one.
I hope you do realize one does not need to land on it to know it's composition. While a good thing to do and probably the best accuracy one can deduce composition from the off-gassing in the comet's tail. For Elenin it appears to off-gas water and iron. Like other comets a dirty snowball. Or a snowball that's dirty? All depends on which has more composition and which verbage you'd perfer to use.

I believe you said that Nibiru has a greater chance of impact with earth than Halley's comet. And again while true doesn't in any way mean this will happen. The current estimate is 4x10^-6% of an impact. Saying 0 is more fair than an impact. You have much better odds being killed in a car accident on the way to work.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 16:43:05
#426 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

There are about 205 Big earthquakes a year. So roughly 1 every couple of days. Elenin appears to go into alignment monthly. And as demonstrated in the 'earthquakes happen on alignment' claim they rarely do. Instead we saw big quakes like those in Chile, and Japan within a week before or a week after alignment. Thus, a 2 week buffer along with a monthly alignment (1/2 the year) would indicate during these times we should see about 100 earthquakes.

This shows us it's not coincidence. It's simply thought to be coincidence by people who are mathemathically challenged.

The Sun, Elenin and Earth are not in alignment every month. We also don't get 9.0 earthquakes every month. However we do seem to get them when several planets and Elenin have been in alignment with earth.

You can go to Elenin.org and see what's coming next. The 2nd JAVA app is more useful as it includes Honda.

We have been under more extreme wind and flooding type weather lately across the planet. Liquids and gas are more easily affected by EM force than solids like teutonic plates...those (liquid, gas) don't require alignments.

I don't ever recall a tornado in Massachusetts but sure enough two weeks ago we got a couple. Unbelievable, really. Co-incidentally it occurred when Elenin, Earth and Honda were in alignment...

Last edited by Lou on 23-Jun-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 17:13:58
#427 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
I hope you do realize one does not need to land on it to know it's composition. While a good thing to do and probably the best accuracy one can deduce composition from the off-gassing in the comet's tail. For Elenin it appears to off-gas water and iron. Like other comets a dirty snowball. Or a snowball that's dirty? All depends on which has more composition and which verbage you'd perfer to use.

I believe you said that Nibiru has a greater chance of impact with earth than Halley's comet. And again while true doesn't in any way mean this will happen. The current estimate is 4x10^-6% of an impact. Saying 0 is more fair than an impact. You have much better odds being killed in a car accident on the way to work.

Having iron spin around in there sounds like that could be producing a magnetic field.

Why do you keep saying Nibiru is Elenin? I stated more than once that I don't believe this. This doesn't mean Elenin doesn't have a magnetic field which is what I believe can affect the weather.

Who claimed an impact was going to actually happen?

In the first week of August, there is an alignment with Venus, the sun, Mercury is sorta close and then Earth and Honda. Let's see if anything [major] happens around August 5-7.

On August 18, Honda is 0.077AU from Earth. I expect it to be visible in the night sky. That will actually be cool seeing that.

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 18:36:08
#428 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
The Sun, Elenin and Earth are not in alignment every month. We also don't get 9.0 earthquakes every month. However we do seem to get them when several planets and Elenin have been in alignment with earth.

Alignments I found cited for 2011 -
Jan 3- Elenin / Earth w/ Jupiter
Feb 11 - w/ Jupiter
Feb 22 - w/ Sun
March 9 - w/ Mercury
April 7 - w/ Venus
May 11 - w/ Sun
May 24 - w/ Mars
Jun 17 - w/ Mercury, Venus, Jupiter (no earth)
July 5 - Mercury / Sun (no earth)
July 18 - Sun / Jupiter (no earth)
...Etc. So yes while clearly an alignment with the Sun doesn't happen every month there is some sort of alignment every month. I said the later (alignment) you said the former (with sun).

And even incidents you have sited don't always involve the Sun. Jan 2 was Chile at 7.1 and Feb 11 was Chile at 6.8 -- both are alignments not with the sun but with Jupiter.

Quote:
We also don't get 9.0 earthquakes every month. However we do seem to get them when several planets and Elenin have been in alignment with earth.
March 9th was the alignment not with the Sun but with Mercury. March 11 was a 9 in Japan. Coincidence? Or simply lack of statitics?

Quote:
We have been under more extreme wind and flooding type weather lately across the planet.
You can't just imply coorelation is causation you must demonstrate it.

Quote:
I don't ever recall a tornado in Massachusetts but sure enough two weeks ago we got a couple.
Massachusettes Tornado history 1951-2008 shows us 152 twisters in your neck of the woods. Which averages out to about 3 per year. I think this indicates there was again a lack of statistical analysis.

Quote:
Having iron spin around in there sounds like that could be producing a magnetic field.
Sure and we know what that is charge / distanced squared is the Forces we'll see from it. Which at it's present distance and possible charge of an all iron object under 1000km is best described as nothing. And is backed up by satellites which all have magnetometers. Should a huge magentic field occur that would pull land out of alignment the magnetometers would surely go crazy. Yet no reports of crazy magnetic field whatsoever is strong evidence against the belief that some sort of huge assed magnetic floating in our galaxy was the cause.

Quote:
On August 18, Honda is 0.077AU from Earth. I expect it to be visible in the night sky. That will actually be cool seeing that
I'd agree and this is about the best proven thing you've yet to bring.

Last edited by BrianK on 23-Jun-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 19:20:36
#429 ]

@Lou

Quote:
This doesn't mean Elenin doesn't have a magnetic field which is what I believe can affect the weather.

I believe BrianK has already covered the matter of a magnetic field for this comet, now let us look at your idea about magnetic fields affecting weather.

Electricity supplied to the motor pictured above generates a rotating magnetic field. This magnetic field is strong enough to turn the output shaft on the left of the picture. Under the cowling on the right of the picture is a fan. The purpose of the fan is to blow air across the motor to keep it cool. If moving magnetic fields were able to generate air movement as you claim, why do motor manufacturers all insist on fitting fans to their motors, and why do motors overheat if the fan is removed? Also why do we not see tornadoes in all locations where industrial induction motors are used?

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 20:51:20
#430 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

So you agree with the base scientific definitions that wind the movement of air and EM is the movement of light? Therefore EM would only move air if it's energy was transferred via some mechanism. For example a fan?

Lou 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 1:27:08
#431 ]
Elite Member

I already showed you that ion thrusters exist and ionic levitation craft exist. So clearly EM has the force that you deny.

Simply google ionocraft.

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 2:42:20
#432 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I already showed you that ion thrusters exist and ionic levitation craft exist. So clearly EM has the force that you deny.
Lou you're projecting.

No one has not accepted EM. In fact in this thread it's been said many a time that our present state of scientific knowledge allows for 4 forces - strong, weak, gravitational and ElectroMagnetic. I accepted that EM is real when I demonstrated Elenin's EM force has an insigificant impact on earth. I, again, looked for EM evidence when I sought out any sort of evidence from the satellite magnetometers, as certainly they'd measure a change. It's through the instruments which are keyed at measuring EM where it was observed they failed to measure any sizeable change of EM, let alone a sizeable enough change to cause an earthquake. So, in summary I accepted EM existed, I looked for evidence of an EM field large enough from Elenin to support your claim and that doesn't exist. It's not a rejection of EM. It's the knowledge of EM that was used to clarify that you have failed to provide us with evidence that EM exists from Elenin to the degree or in the manner you wish.

So getting back to my first statement about you projecting. Why'd I say this? It is because you told us it is an EM universe and gravitation doesn't truly exist. Gravity is simply misunderstood EM, as you've described. Therefore it's you my friend that's failing to accept there are 4 fundamental forces as understood by physics today.

Last edited by BrianK on 24-Jun-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 8:06:35
#433 ]

@Lou

Quote:

Yes, I know you did, when you kept posting and I already responded to that in post #309. All you need to do is fill in the values applicable to the orbital paths and magnetic fields of, e.g. Mars and its moons and demonstrate your "theory" to be correct and you will receive the adulation that you so desperately crave. I would however remind you that I have already pointed out that the EM forces quoted are several orders of magnitude too weak to do what you claim.
Until then I suggest that you look at the picture in #429 and work out why it needs a fan to move air to cool the motor, instead of just letting the EM forces whip up a tornado across the cooling fins

Quote:
Simply google ionocraft.
Simply Google orders of magnitude

Lou 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 11:16:51
#434 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Perhaps instead of a fan it should have used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

I also posted about how heat can be converted into electricity so that someday, gas engines will produce their own electricity as a by-product of the heat they generate.
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-20072086-48/new-technology-converts-exhaust-heat-into-cooling-electricity/

It's cool that you want to stay in the stone-age and use fans and altenators though...

Last edited by Lou on 24-Jun-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 11:49:11
#435 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Perhaps instead of a fan it should have used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

Absolutely brilliant! Not only do you fail to understand "orders of magnitude" but now you totally reject any concept of cost effectiveness

Lou 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 12:37:17
#436 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

Absolutely brilliant! Not only do you fail to understand "orders of magnitude" but now you totally reject any concept of cost effectiveness

What's not cost effective today is tomorrow. People like you never move forward.

Lou 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 12:46:14
#437 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Lou you're projecting.

No one has not accepted EM. In fact in this thread it's been said many a time that our present state of scientific knowledge allows for 4 forces - strong, weak, gravitational and ElectroMagnetic. I accepted that EM is real when I demonstrated Elenin's EM force has an insigificant impact on earth. I, again, looked for EM evidence when I sought out any sort of evidence from the satellite magnetometers, as certainly they'd measure a change. It's through the instruments which are keyed at measuring EM where it was observed they failed to measure any sizeable change of EM, let alone a sizeable enough change to cause an earthquake. So, in summary I accepted EM existed, I looked for evidence of an EM field large enough from Elenin to support your claim and that doesn't exist. It's not a rejection of EM. It's the knowledge of EM that was used to clarify that you have failed to provide us with evidence that EM exists from Elenin to the degree or in the manner you wish.

So getting back to my first statement about you projecting. Why'd I say this? It is because you told us it is an EM universe and gravitation doesn't truly exist. Gravity is simply misunderstood EM, as you've described. Therefore it's you my friend that's failing to accept there are 4 fundamental forces as understood by physics today.

I haven't failed to accept 4 forces, I have refused. There is a difference.

It's just like people used to think everything revolved around the earth, then they found a better frame of reference, the sun, then another, precession. Now scientists are posulating that we are in a binary system on a 24000 year cycle.

So what I believe is currently being mis-interpreted as gravity will eventually have a proper definition - someday.

So I am not going to prove anything to you, scientists will in time. However, I will not be hand-fed archaic textbook information and be told that is all I can believe.

Lou 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 13:02:37
#438 ]
Elite Member

It's amazing what we are still learning about electricity...

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2011/06/static-electricity-how-does-it-work.ars

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 13:33:20
#439 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
I haven't failed to accept 4 forces, I have refused. There is a difference.
No so strangely so has science. They are and continue to work on a Unified Force Theory. It's all EM would satisfy a single force. The problem we have at present is we don't have evidence for example that the Strong Force really is EM working in some other manner. I believe the current path thought to show most promise is a combined Weak + EM... That gets one one step closer we'd still need 2 more BIG steps. And it'd be interesting to see if the Weak+EM turns out to be 'all EM' or if it's not some other new and exciting definition that EM is perhaps a side effect of this single force.

Quote:
So I am not going to prove anything to you, scientists will in time. However, I will not be hand-fed archaic textbook information and be told that is all I can believe.
A textbook doesn't tell you what you can believe or not. (Heck believe there's an invisible undetectable dragon that breaths fire near 0 Kelvin and keeps the planets afloat, without evidence we can't fairly say anything about it's truth value.) What the textbooks should explain is our current state of understanding of the universe. Especially in science we should have the best possible theories based upon the facts we know at present. (I believe it was MikeB that wanted to push EM is everything even though it lacks the facts, which you even admitted here, at present to draw such conclusions.) And the great thing about science is it follows such evidence and builds upon itself to build a better theory. Either it improves upon what it has or if enough facts indicate another direction it makes a paradigm shift.

A great quote on this is from Carl Sagan - "In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time someting like that happened in politics or religion."

Quote:
It's amazing what we are still learning about electricity...
It's called science and it's nothing magical but an expected result of the process.

Last edited by BrianK on 24-Jun-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 24-Jun-2011 14:36:35
#440 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

from Carl Sagan - "In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time someting like that happened in politics or religion."

No, it's not religion, it's business.
Too many books need updating. Too much funding supporting the status quo.

So while individual scientists accept new facts, they aren't accepted by the average Joe until many years later when text books are finally updated.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle