Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 105 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

vox

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 vox:  3 mins ago
 zipper:  6 mins ago
 kolla:  13 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  27 mins ago
 BigD:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 40 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 Frank:  2 hrs 28 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - part 2
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lou 
Re: US shakes and awakes?
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 14:22:39
#821 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@T-J

Quote:
I told you - that formula uses a previously assumed value to calculate Planck's constant. You can work it out, if you already know it.
So basically this genius has mathematically proven that Planck's constant = Planck's constant.
Why does the phrase "Two short Planck's" come to mind?

That's only true if you consider T-J a genius...

Last edited by Lou on 20-Oct-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
Lou 
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 14:24:08
#822 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Yes, but I'll use anything to disprove you, so you can call me everything.
I think this is a fair summary of what we've seen. You 'use anything'. Importantly if you're trying to disprove someone you have a couple of options. The best option would be to use something demonstrated to be true. Another way to describe your actions is throwing CRAP and hoping something sticks.

This thread would be boring otherwise.

Lou 
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 14:30:14
#823 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Wow you seem to need some reading proctoring. The article clearly states that this guy might have the answers, is working on his own experiment, and as I stated his experiments have yet to be reproduced. If anything this article backed my views that science has yet to produce sufficent work to fully embrace this idea. Let alone the science is at a state where we can't apply Cold Fusion to anything.

Recap of my view and supported by the Wired article: Cold Fusion, perhaps, lots more work to do.

You should spend more time on http://www.lenr-canr.org/

http://www.spawar.navy.mil/sti/publi...696/tr1696.pdf

Last edited by Lou on 20-Oct-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Last edited by Lou on 20-Oct-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 14:40:44
#824 ]
Elite Member

http://news.discovery.com/space/is-the-sun-emitting-a-mystery-particle.html

LMAO!
A genius ruled by a random number generator!

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 16:06:53
#825 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
You should spend more time on http://www.lenr-canr.org/
Cuz it's simply a half dozen experiments that show us science is in process of doing it's building of experiments and evidence? Seems I've already accepted that's what is needed. A site showing the building of evidence really doesn't change a thing.

As for the your 2nd link I get a not found error.

(sarcasm on) OMG a discovery of more unknowns. You mean to tell us that science continues to observe, calculate, experiment, and build it's understanding. No way! (sarcasm off)

Last edited by BrianK on 20-Oct-2011 at 04:09 PM.

T-J 
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 17:50:26
#826 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
Yes, but I'll use anything to disprove you, so you can call me everything. To single that simply exposes your own biases...

Yes, Lou, I'm biased in favour of an internally self-consistent explanation for the universe. Its part of being sane, you should try it one day.

The whole problem with your, er, argument is that you really will use anything at all to try and 'disprove' me. Even if its mutually exclusive with everything you've said before. You'll use Znidarsic one minute, then he's revealed as a crank so you reach for Brandenburg because his crackpottery contradicts the part of science we've used to disprove earlier foolishness. Nevermind that Znidarsic is incompatible with Brandenburg.

You are not self-consistent. That is one of the most obvious indicators that you are, in fact, wrong. Or trolling. Whichever, both perhaps.

Last edited by T-J on 20-Oct-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 20:32:50
#827 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:

T-J wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Yes, but I'll use anything to disprove you, so you can call me everything. To single that simply exposes your own biases...

Yes, Lou, I'm biased in favour of an internally self-consistent explanation for the universe. Its part of being sane, you should try it one day.

The whole problem with your, er, argument is that you really will use anything at all to try and 'disprove' me. Even if its mutually exclusive with everything you've said before. You'll use Znidarsic one minute, then he's revealed as a crank so you reach for Brandenburg because his crackpottery contradicts the part of science we've used to disprove earlier foolishness. Nevermind that Znidarsic is incompatible with Brandenburg.

You are not self-consistent. That is one of the most obvious indicators that you are, in fact, wrong. Or trolling. Whichever, both perhaps.

Actually, chaos is the norm in the universe, so if anything, I am quite in tune with it.
Once again, you are wrong. Actually, you worship chaos thinking it's order - Mr. Carbon Dating Is A Science!

Last edited by Lou on 20-Oct-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 20:34:25
#828 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Try http://www.spawar.navy.mil/sti/publications/pubs/tr/1696/tr1696.pdf

BrianK 
Posted on 20-Oct-2011 22:03:36
#829 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Lou 
Posted on 21-Oct-2011 1:45:21
#830 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

ROFL!

I grew up in Fall River Massachusetts.
You doubt my "sightings", but actually my area is know for them. Recall I saw a triangle 100 feet in the air the same year, 1990, that one appeared over Belgium.
Here is what has recently been revealed as a secret 'radar station' in Fall River
http://www.radomes.org/museum/showsite.php?site=Fall+River+ESS,+MA

Other than the river that runs along Fall River, the area is known to be extremely flat.
If you look at the geological area surrounding it, it looks like there is something big underneath the building.
You can see what I mean if you click the Aerial Images link.
Otis AFB is a bit farther away on the cape.

According to Ed Fouche, the triangular craft are ours.
Many people from around the country have also reported the ship/zeppelin on fire that I saw another time circa 1996.

This is similar to what I saw but from the side:

So you can read the science they want you to know.
I have seen the science they don't want you to know.

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Oct-2011 5:26:13
#831 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
You doubt my "sightings",
Nope. I've always agreed you believed you saw something and since we don't know we need to call it an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO).

Quote:
Recall I saw a triangle 100 feet in the air the same year, 1990, that one appeared over Belgium
Not sure if bringing up the Belgium Triangle spaceship hoax really helps your case any.

Quote:
it looks like there is something big underneath the building
The earth is certainly pretty big and underneath the building. More seriously what it is, is a conjecture of the unidentified until one finds evidence. (That's kinda a recurring theme if one wants usable knowledge.) You guess is as good as any other guess. It's probably a dragon lair.

Last edited by BrianK on 21-Oct-2011 at 05:27 AM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 21-Oct-2011 9:13:41
#832 ]

@Lou

Quote:
Once again, you are wrong. Actually, you worship chaos thinking it's order - Mr. Carbon Dating Is A Science!
Yes, there is a science to carbon dating, it is called Mathematics. The particular section of mathematics that you are failing (or refusing) to grasp is called the law of large numbers. There is even a simplified guide to it. What this means is that something that is either chaotic or random in the fine, is entirely predictable when taken as a whole. Of course you will now claim that mathematics is, like gravity, merely a figment of the imagination.

@BrianK

Quote:
Nope. I've always agreed you believed you saw something and since we don't know we need to call it an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO).
That is an amazing word... Unidentified
There are about a dozen Unidentified Flying Objects keep landing in my back garden. They are small, brown, and covered in a kind of feathery coating.
Of course, if I get a book on ornithology from my local library I may be able to identify them, but where is the fun in that. Speculation is so much better.

Lou 
Posted on 21-Oct-2011 11:10:09
#833 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Yes, there is a science to carbon dating, it is called Mathematics. The particular section of mathematics that you are failing (or refusing) to grasp is called the law of large numbers. There is even a simplified guide to it. What this means is that something that is either chaotic or random in the fine, is entirely predictable when taken as a whole. Of course you will now claim that mathematics is, like gravity, merely a figment of the imagination.

Mathematics? So if you claim the half-life of something is 5000 years, can you introduce me to the human who was around that long that took the measurements?

That was one link you should have followed...

BrianK 
Posted on 21-Oct-2011 18:19:37
#834 ]
Elite Member

Well everyone today was supposed to be judgment day, according to Harold Camping and his followers. No change here. I was hoping to get a new car when my neighbor is raptured. Darn

T-J 
Posted on 22-Oct-2011 0:24:43
#835 ]
Cult Member

@Lou

Quote:
Actually, chaos is the norm in the universe, so if anything, I am quite in tune with it.

Lou, you have no understanding of the meaning of the term chaos. Chaos, mathematically speaking, is merely a special case of order. An apparently complex system which is nevertheless completely deterministic and can be analysed, described and predicted. Radioactive decay, however, is not Chaotic in the mathematical sense. It is Stochastic. That is to say, it is a fundamentally non-deterministic process governed by probability. However, even stochastic processes are inherently ordered, with the process' non-deterministic nature being bound by its predictable actions into a finite set of possible outcomes. Order is the norm in the universe, and behind your so-called chaos, we find simply larger patterns of order.

Quote:
So if you claim the half-life of something is 5000 years, can you introduce me to the human who was around that long that took the measurements?

Well now isn't that just hypocrisy of the first order?

Can you introduce me to the human who was around in whatever-BC to witness your space aliens building ancient civilisation?

No, you can't.

Can you introduce me to the human who has seen electrons physically transmitting the EM force?

No, you can't.

By your own standards, we have no choice but to reject all these theories you've presented. Lack of eyewitness evidence, case dismissed.

Your insistence on limiting permissible evidence to vision filtered through unreliable human memory is ridiculous. Setting aside all the problems of eyewitness evidence for a moment, there are many things that are colourless, odourless and to all intents and purposes, invisible. Nevertheless, they exist.

Take for example, carbon monoxide gas. In your worldview, it doesn't exist. Enjoy your carboxyhaemoglobin poisoning!

Or perhaps to use a more, heh, 'controversial' example to you, radon gas. Again, colourless, odourless, tasteless, invisible. But highly dangerous.

And with a half-life of 3.8 days, which we can observe during a human lifetime.

Tell me, given that the maths describing radioactive decay works for radon, accurately predicting its stochastic decay towards stability, why should that same paradigm of mathematics explaining measurable physical characteristics not apply to carbon-14?

Internal self-consistency. Regardless of your misconcieved notion of chaos, its a key requirement of any logical system. Any theory of knowledge must conform to a logical system or it is simply nothing more than a simple collection of opinions strung together by bias, appeal to authority and other similar fallacies.

Last edited by T-J on 22-Oct-2011 at 12:33 AM.

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Oct-2011 11:37:23
#836 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Good response as to why we know the earth is not 6,000 years old.

I find that many people don't realize we capture chaotic events in our daily lives. Take a pot of water. It will boil when the temperature reaches 100C. Though not all molecules are at 100C at the same time and some might not even reach 100C. While we can't predict when any single molecule will boil we can predict the phase change of the system with fairly good accuracy. And the result is we get to each Mac and Cheese.

Lou 
Posted on 24-Oct-2011 19:06:39
#837 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

As further proof that the impossible can happen, an OS4 laptop is in development.

...and pay no heed to the T-J behind the curtains, his story of chaos and order is backwards.

Misinformation is the best way to make people not believe you.

Going back to UFOs, you realize that many times the claims of hoaxes are the misinformation, right? The crop circles hoaxsters are frauds as true crop circles have characteristings unreproducable from the claimed hoaxsters. Then there was the good old 'swap gas' misinformation explanation. It seems people like you will accept the lie that allows you to believe that everything is right with the world.

Do you remember the story of the airforce fighter jet that they pulled out of the ocean near Italy and Greece that suffered no damage?
Do you want to hear more details about that or do you want to be served the fast-food information that the controlled media gave you despite leaked photos of the jet being under water with the ####pit unopened/ejected...?

Lou 
Posted on 24-Oct-2011 20:20:12
#838 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@T-J

Good response as to why we know the earth is not 6,000 years old.

I find that many people don't realize we capture chaotic events in our daily lives. Take a pot of water. It will boil when the temperature reaches 100C. Though not all molecules are at 100C at the same time and some might not even reach 100C. While we can't predict when any single molecule will boil we can predict the phase change of the system with fairly good accuracy. And the result is we get to each Mac and Cheese.

Next you'll tell me you can control the amount of oxygen in the air...

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Oct-2011 21:39:13
#839 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Certainly and science is the best way we have available to filter out misinformation.

I don't know the story of the no damaged jet.

Quote:
Next you'll tell me you can control the amount of oxygen in the air
Not sure what you're getting at here. Do you mean like breathing does?

Lou 
Posted on 24-Oct-2011 23:08:14
#840 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
Certainly and science is the best way we have available to filter out misinformation.

I don't know the story of the no damaged jet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007611/Now-thats-I-dive-bomber-Greek-fighter-jet-salvaged-Aegean-sea.html?ITO=1490

This first photo was for the press but one leaked out with the canopy still intact. One leaked out with divers around the plane with the canopy still on. How did a place that was supposedly flying at flight speed crash into the ocean, suffer no damage and still have it's canopy on if the pilots ejected.

The fact that it suffered NO DAMAGE is enough to raise more than an eyebrow... But if you enjoy being spoon-fed, you will take the article at face value.

Last edited by Lou on 24-Oct-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle