Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
26 crawler(s) on-line.
 148 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  9 mins ago
 zipper:  34 mins ago
 Templario:  40 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  54 mins ago
 RobertB:  59 mins ago
 GPTNederlands:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 janelancy:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 -Sam-:  1 hr 25 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 pixie:  2 hrs 8 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customination Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
Mechanic 
Re: More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customination Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 23:27:35
#101 ]
Elite Member

@digitex

This is for @dammy.

Perhaps it's a floating factory. Gee, cut the guy some slack.

It's just a very neat assembly area, things are probably a little......er..
in disarray over in the SHIPPING DEPARTMENT.

Profile     Report this post  
sundown 
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 23:31:47
#102 ]
Elite Member

@digitex

Quote:
No one has a gun to your head making you buy our products. Nor do any of you have the right to comment in the most disgusting manner that has become the defacto standard on these forums. I have no problem with comments regarding the direction our company is taking, or the methods we employ. Just no need to bring it to the insane personal level that serves no purpose but to create greater chasms that already exist.

Nice speech, but it was you & your followers who came here proclaming to be the next real Amiga, telling us all we were fools to use OS4 on PPC systems. To this day, your followers continue to mock us with avatars & signatures, proclaiming our hobby to be dead because we don't go x86.

I have no hate for your product or any other I don't use, I do hate ppl that call me a fool because I don't like their choice.

Easy to fix, but I won't hold my breath...

A1200 
Re: More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customisation Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 23:34:35
#103 ]
Elite Member

I can't be bothered with all the nasty comments, reading or replying. Suffice to say, the product is a cool idea, sticking a PC board in a C64 case and pass producing it a la mini ITX project. I could see me buying one at the right price.

Last edited by A1200 on 13-Jun-2011 at 11:35 PM.

eXec 
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 23:37:09
#104 ]
Cult Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@digitex

Quote:
No one has a gun to your head making you buy our products. Nor do any of you have the right to comment in the most disgusting manner that has become the defacto standard on these forums. I have no problem with comments regarding the direction our company is taking, or the methods we employ. Just no need to bring it to the insane personal level that serves no purpose but to create greater chasms that already exist.

Nice speech, but it was you & your followers who came here proclaming to be the next real Amiga, telling us all we were fools to use OS4 on PPC systems. To this day, your followers continue to mock us with avatars & signatures, proclaiming our hobby to be dead because we don't go x86.

I have no hate for your product or any other I don't use, I do hate ppl that call me a fool because I don't like their choice.

Easy to fix, but I won't hold my breath...

Actually , ppl like you are naming x86 guys as fools. I personally never said to
anyone being a fool just because he likes PPC or anything else. It can not be told
for you "true followers". Even the admins are supporting that kind of putting down
the people.

Darrin 
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 23:42:13
#105 ]
Team Member

@digitex

Quote:
The shots were provided months ago by one of the agents we were using for parts sourcing. I asked for hi res shots that we could use for promotional purposes

Bzzzzt! Wrong answer sports fans.

If you wanted hi-res shots then why are these copyrighted low-res shots ripped from an online source? And why was Dammy passing these off as C64x motherboards? And why was Dammy passing off the boxes as C64x models ready to ship? And why were YOU apparently the person who authorised him to do so?

If I give you the benefit of the doubt and for one moment assume that you are the victim here then I suggest you get hold of this "agent" and rip him a new #### (assuming he actually exists).

eliyahu 
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 23:43:57
#106 ]

@digitex

thank you very much for publicly responding. i know everyone here appreciates it, whether they have a pre-formed view on your efforts or not.

Quote:
The shots were provided months ago by one of the agents we were using for parts sourcing. I asked for hi res shots that we could use for promotional purposes. We have been provided factory photos in the past from most of the manufacturers and agents we deal with. In fact, the most recent photos of the VIC Slim production line show our products, with our logo clearly indicated. I never had reason to doubt the validity of any of our sources, and I'm certain there is an explanation for the pictures in question.

after my initial reaction i figured this might be the case. i'm sure there is an explanation as well, but i don't imagine it is a very reassuring one. if one of your agents in china fed you lifted images for publicity purposes, it would be a greater concern for you than for us. if there is anything that effects your production plans that changes as a result, i'm sure you'll keep your customers informed.

Quote:
Never has a company, nor the individuals involved, been subject to more scrutiny, slander and misinformation than we have. Perhaps that's the reason some of my replies we as caustic as they were. Nonetheless, our record speaks for itself. While some of you don't agree with our plans and policies, the reaction that was generated by some members here, and on other forums, is just too extreme to deal with in a rational manner.

it is true you have been subjected to scrutiny, by myself and others. i think we know how we got off on the wrong foot. you made amends, and we (well, some of us) accepted it. in recent weeks, though, things have gotten unpleasant again. your most recent reply to someone -- admittedly, probably trolling -- suggesting he should divulge details of intimate relations with his spouse, though, goes way beyond caustic. when a random, anonymous nutcase on a forum decides to use foul language or inappropriate imagery, that's one thing. it's entirely another for a business leader to do the same (or worse).

people are willing to give a second chance. not many are to give a third. but as you've stated on many occasions, you don't need us, and you seem to treat us appropriately. i don't imagine you're bothered by any of our objections to instances of behavior we deem inappropriate. i'll just state that you've lost at least one potential customer.

Quote:
Regardless of your personal beliefs and concerns, this simple fact remains: We took an idea and a dream, and in little over nine months time, created more publicity and brand awareness than has been achieved by all others combined over the last 15 years. We are now ready to ship our entire product line, and in a few more weeks will be presenting our new Commodore OS.

glad to hear it. i assume your entire line will be shipping imminently, then? when can the community expect the press release which includes the specifications to your amiga-branded PCs? will you be delaying general availability until your linux distribution is ready?

Quote:

the chasm exists because of comments you have made, leo has made, and the ramblings of random forum visitors. it is difficult to accept the characterization of the situation as insane from someone who less than forty-eight hours ago made probably the most vile comment i have ever seen from someone in our industry.

i'm very disappointed. i understand you won't care, but i am. i had hoped this nonsense was behind us, but apparently the community and CUSA really can't co-exist peaceably.

-- eliyahu

sundown 
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 23:47:27
#107 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

I wasn't talking to you, or have any desire too....

eXec 
Posted on 13-Jun-2011 23:52:30
#108 ]
Cult Member

@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@eXec

I wasn't talking to you, or have any desire too....

yes, you were. under the avatars and signatures in the last post.

Mechanic 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 0:45:46
#109 ]
Elite Member

@

LAST WORD.

TheMaskedMuchacho 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 2:05:25
#110 ]

Since people think a box with an Amiga sticker on it IS Amiga and as I am so clever i have come up with a plan to relaunch the Amiga as a state of the art gaming platform.

I can spec a pc capable of running the latest games using off the shelf parts and sell it for £299 with a decent profit margin, this will be my A500 equivalent machine, higher spec machines will also be available but this will be the first to launch the brand.

Since i don't have the rights to the Amiga name i will ship all machines with a post-it note, you have to write Amiga on it and stick it to the front of the machine, i will even allow you to buy any sticker from any retailer (even ebay) and stick it on.

I also don't have the rights to any amiga compatible OS but i remembered years ago when i first tried Linux that there was an amiga like theme for X, i figured if i install Ubuntu and this theme plus a few emulators it will be much better than a real amiga OS, Windows or even OSX. Customers can download Aros if they want but it clearly won't be as good as my OS.

As soon as you put any label/sticker/post-it note on the machine with the word amiga on it you have a new state of the art amiga computer.

These will be the best computers available, I am currently looking into licencing the ESCOM name so i can legitimately sell these computers under a brand that is related to the amiga platform and that it has been sold under in the past. I'll call my OS EscOS

I now demand my own army of fanboys.

Hammer 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 2:36:51
#111 ]
Elite Member

@nimrod7

Quote:

nimrod7 wrote:
Digitex has said (source) that the pricing of a VIC Slim is below its cost of production, which is - as far as I know - called dumping (it could be considered an action against the law) how rude!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

2007 era Sony PS3 and MS Xbox 360 says Hi.

AmigaHeretic 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 3:57:43
#112 ]

@digitex

Quote:

digitex wrote:
@redrumloa

Red...and others:

I asked for hi res shots that we could use for promotional purposes.

And the guy sends you some magazine page scans with blurred watermark removal artifacts and you're like, #### yeah!! Let's do some marketing bitches!! W00t W00t!! ???

Suuuuurrrrreeeeee..................................

elwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 9:25:06
#113 ]
Elite Member

@eliyahu

Quote:
apparently the community and CUSA really can't co-exist peaceably

Agreed.
We don't want liars here

Amiga Translator Organisation

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 9:42:36
#114 ]
Elite Member

Haven't read all the thread and i don't know all the facts.

There's a reason for such charges to Cusa?
Can someone summarize, please?

Panthro 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 9:50:21
#115 ]

Woe Woe settle down ppl .... I agree that there has been some less than reputable behavior from CUSA but still lets keep it civil!

Every time some crap happens we want to stick to the facts!!

Name calling along with those facts isnt going to add to your repute or that of this forums.

let that kind of crap stay on moobunney.

any way plenty of popcorn left :)

@AmigaHeretic

epic LOL

danwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 9:59:03
#116 ]

Quote:
So: has it been actually *released* ? Can I buy one and get it shipped right now ?

Apparently it was to be released "at the end of April" iirc...

danwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:01:07
#117 ]

@_ThEcRoW

Quote:
Wow!. Amazing. Can't wait for the Amiga boxes

Yeah "Amazing" that the Amiga has been reduced to a low-end Windows PC in a novelty case... that's a pretty heartbreaking fate to me.

danwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:13:38
#118 ]

@TheDaddy

Just read your post and pics, not surprised at all, this entire thing has stinked of a hoax since day 1. Even going back to their "prototypes" which were just stolen pictures from Amiga sites with copyrights crudely removed.

I'd like to think "Commodore USA" is more along the lines of Merlancia (a harmless to most) dream from some dillusional person, rather than at attempt to steal people's money and run.

People should not be taken in by this company, especially after the publicity they've had, but personally I think the whole thing is just a hoax, not anything too malicious. I feel sorry for people like Dammy who are easily lead and wanted to believe so badly, they look very foolish now.

Last edited by danwood on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:17 AM.

wawa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:15:01
#119 ]
Elite Member

hrrmm. that comes out when someone tries play bigger than he can reach. but i would calm down a little, because it dosent apply solely to cusa in this community.

i dont even think cusa is entirely a hoax. its just a basement company pretending to be a global player.

what makes me wonder though is why people here need these false saviours at all. its noticeable how many os4 "sceptics" became cusa supporters not to say f-boys. is that human condition to believe in something..

Last edited by wawa on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:22 AM.

ChrisH 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 10:16:50
#120 ]
Elite Member

I've not been following CUSA stuff for a while, but bloody hell!

@nimrod7 Quote:
Digitex has said (source)

Urgh. Seems that CUSA continues to make new lows. Are they intentionally trying to drive customers away? :(

@TheDaddy
This does make you wonder about their Chinese facilities:
Quote:
I thought about it. I was sure to have seen those (CUSA) pictures somewhere else but I couldn't remember where...then it came back to me.
That is not "the staging area inside a major assembly facility in China with boxes of C64x parts." but

Fujitsu factory in Augsburg, Germany.

Quote:
Those are not "alot of C64x machines and it's only a partial of total production capabilities..." because.......

that is the Fujitsu assembly line in Germany, Europe.

How can those photos have been taken "Probably a few weeks ago, maybe a month."? It would be impossible because they were taken in 2009. How do I know?

They are here, a nice article from 21, September 2009, straight from:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com

Their excuse about these pics being supplied to CUSA & used in good faith is... starting to strain credulity a little, given all their previous shennanigans (and claims of millions of pounds). Guess we'll have to wait a little while longer to see if credulity snaps altogether, or whether they manage to claw their way back to something approaching respectablity....

@digitex Quote:
Never has a company, nor the individuals involved, been subject to more scrutiny ... than we have.

No need to get a martyr complex. This is quite normal in the Amiga community, because we have been treated to so many scams by delusional & fraudulent people/companies. Look up the iWin hoax, who had a nice web site, complete with pretty pictures, and even some pictures of the office, along with press releases. That was the biggest (but not the most recent) in a long line of hoaxes we have had. Hmmm, actually, Amiga Inc's Kent fiasco has gotta come close to the iWin in size.

Your over-the-top aggressive posting style does not help your case, to put it mildly. If you are for real, then you should be able to let actions & products speak for you, rather than feeling you need to get drawn into petty on-line bickering, complete with highly offensive insults.

Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Last edited by ChrisH on 14-Jun-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle