Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
21 crawler(s) on-line.
 150 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

NutsAboutAmiga,  pixie

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  2 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  4 mins ago
 Gunnar:  14 mins ago
 zipper:  39 mins ago
 Templario:  45 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 GPTNederlands:  1 hr 20 mins ago
 janelancy:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 -Sam-:  1 hr 29 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 12 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customination Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
nimrod7 
Re: More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customination Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 13:36:45
#141 ]

@redrumloa

Quote:

Just look at some of the accusations at Barry being a thief, con man, scam artist or whatever. If those accusations were leveled at individuals in the OS4/X1000 camp, swift and brutal moderation would likely take place.

why moderator should intervene when you're referring to facts? it makes no sense.

EDIT/ADDED:
(of course you could defend Barry ad extremum, believing Barry is a good chap, except for the others around him (Chinese included). well, some of us like fairy tales)

Last edited by nimrod7 on 14-Jun-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Last edited by nimrod7 on 14-Jun-2011 at 01:43 PM.

"Marxism must abhor nothing so much as the possibility that it becomes congealed in its current form. It is at its best when butting heads in self-criticism, and in historical thunder and lightning, it retains its strength" - Rosa Luxemburg.

Profile     Report this post  
eliyahu 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 13:44:58
#142 ]

@redrumloa

Quote:
When I get it back for my dishing it out? My opinion of the X1000 and OS4 is not very high, but I seriously doubt I ever stood up for Amiga Inc in recent times and I really seriously doubt I have ever accused Hermans of stealing money, let alone Trevor. I also do not wait for and join every single OS4 related thread on every site just to troll, bash and spread vile slander.

no, you haven't. your criticisms have been genuine, and i've never taken you to be one of the raving anti-hyperion nutters. my comment about 'complaining' and 'dishing it out' was far more general. it wasn't aimed at you.

i need to work on my english.

Quote:
Just look at some of the accusations at Barry being a thief, con man, scam artist or whatever. If those accusations were leveled at individuals in the OS4/X1000 camp, swift and brutal moderation would likely take place.

yeah, they're a tad brutal, i'd have to agree. but then again so is the vitriol against ben hermans, the friedens, and if we want to go back in history, against the MOS developers as well. my stars, the first time i discovered the archives over at ANN.lu....

i don't know about that last comment, though. AWN used to be far more aggressive in moderating threads that took a turn for the worse, but not so much anymore. in fact i would argue that the anti-OS4 trolling is as bad or worse than the anti-CUSA trolling around here.

my point was that, of late, the same people who used (and continue) to bash the 'red guys' are now the 'CUSA guys,' and, once they get a taste of the abuse they've been dishing out for years, they play the 'victim card' and say everyone is being mean to them. the invective-laden threads on this and other fora are indicative of a pathology that haunts the amiga community. i had specific complaints against barry, they were resolved, situation over. i've taken serious objection to recent behavior and do not plan on supporting them, but for those who do, i have no animus.

folks use AROS, OS3, OS4, MOS, minimig, and (hopefully soon) the natami. some of those flavors i have interest in, others i do not. i'm not going to post in those threads unless something there interests me specifically, and i'm not going to deliberately or knowingly ruffle feathers. i only ask the same from everyone else. i posted here because, until sunday, i had an interest in where CUSA is going. as i no longer do, unless anything happens to change my mind, you probably won't see me on CUSA threads any more.

"for those who ain't interested, don't come a knockin'"

-- eliyahu

redrumloa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:00:03
#143 ]
Cult Member

@nimrod7

Quote:

why moderator should intervene when you're referring to facts? it makes no sense.

You are saying it is a fact that Barry is a thief, con man, scam artist? You do know that is slander at best and libel at worst, don't you? I didn't say a moderator should intervene, I would only like to see a level playing field when it comes to moderation. Others have suggested this to be the case nowadays. I know in the past on AO we would moderate any and all outright libel, regardless who it was directed at.

Quote:
(of course you could defend Barry ad extremum, believing Barry is a good chap, except for the others around him (Chinese included). well, some of us like fairy tales)

Photoshopped photos and lashing out at detractors on message boards? Hmm, where I have I seen this before on a project. Oh right!

BTW, does THIS look like a fairy tale?

$225 total spent!

redrumloa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:11:10
#144 ]
Cult Member

@eliyahu

No problem, thank you for the clarification.

I have no problem with people disliking the current product. I also have no problem with people being skeptical or even cynical. I find it funny some people call it a hoax when clearly it is not. I don't stomach the slander well, which as you say is a bit brutal.

$225 total spent!

zerohero 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:12:25
#145 ]
Team Member

@redrumloa

Quote:
BTW, does THIS look like a fairy tale?

Is dammy trustworthy? Didn't he post fake photos somewhere recently?

Quote:
Others have suggested this to be the case nowadays. I know in the past on AO we would moderate any and all outright libel, regardless who it was directed at.

It's more like we don't care anymore. I've come to the conclusion that it's better if people fight here, so that they don't spend so much time on other sites, but that's just me...

Darrin 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:16:11
#146 ]
Team Member

@redrumloa

You can't deny that there is some major "smoke and mirrors" going on and unfortunately you're in the thick of it, either as a willing participant (which I find hard to believe having done business with you for years) or as a suckered bystander.

Either way, the mountain of lies is building up, the lack of ethics is there to see and you seem to have your head firmly planted in the sand.

You're compromised Jim. I just hope nobody is investing money in C-USA.

eliyahu 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:19:37
#147 ]

@redrumloa

Quote:
I have no problem with people disliking the current product. I also have no problem with people being skeptical or even cynical. I find it funny some people call it a hoax when clearly it is not. I don't stomach the slander well, which as you say is a bit brutal.

yeah, the whole 'hoax' thing is a tad ridiculous. whatever the truth behind the now infamous fujitsu photos -- and i have no reason to doubt barry's word at this point -- CUSA is very real and has contracted for everything they say they have.

as for slander, agreed. i don't like it regardless as to whomever it is aimed.

-- eliyahu

redrumloa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:21:06
#148 ]
Cult Member

@zerohero

Quote:
It's more like we don't care anymore. I've come to the conclusion that it's better if people fight here, so that they don't spend so much time on other sites, but that's just me...

I hear you, there is no winning when moderating.

Quote:
Is dammy trustworthy? Didn't he post fake photos somewhere recently?

Dammy didn't make those pictures, they were shown to many people some weeks ago and not just Dammy. Dammy just happens to be the one to post them here. If there were nefarious intentions, which I still seriously doubt, Dammy would not have been the source.

Last edited by redrumloa on 14-Jun-2011 at 02:23 PM.

$225 total spent!

eXec 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:22:12
#149 ]
Cult Member

@eliyahu

Quote:
my point was that, of late, the same people who used (and continue) to bash the 'red guys' are now the 'CUSA guys,' and, once they get a taste of the abuse they've been dishing out for years

that`s a rude lie!

CUSA "fans" are the ones who are a object of public laugh around here , from the
very beginning when C= appeared on the scene! And if in any case they say anything
against such attacks, or return with the same measures, they are restricted because
some of the moderators are clearly supporting the other "camp".

If someone say that C=USA is nothing more but a group of liars, hoax guys and God knows
what, it is ok to leave it. And if someone says that X1000 is nothing more but a robbing
mechanism then it is a good thing to be restricted for.

Come on, grow up! Those are the stories for kids! Even the retarded birds on the trees
can figure this all hostile environment towards C=USA.

number6 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:31:43
#150 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Quote:
If someone say that C=USA is nothing more but a group of liars, hoax guys and God knows
what, it is ok to leave it. And if someone says that X1000 is nothing more but a robbing
mechanism then it is a good thing to be restricted for.

erm...the last time you and @vox argued, it was @vox who got restricted, not you. And you proclaimed elsewhere that it was the right decision.

You realize the facts I just posted are directly opposite to what you just claimed?

You're upset because of the most recent events. You have every right to be, but I don't see where moderation played a part in what was an obvious lack of due diligence somewhere along the way, in regards to the photos.

eliyahu 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:41:29
#151 ]

@eXec

and thank you for proving my point.

-- eliyahu

eXec 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:44:20
#152 ]
Cult Member

@number6

we all know why was he restricted, don`t pretend that you
don`t know why he got himself a red card that time.

Last edited by eXec on 14-Jun-2011 at 02:56 PM.

eXec 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:44:37
#153 ]
Cult Member

@eliyahu

Quote:

eliyahu wrote:
@eXec

and thank you for proving my point.

-- eliyahu

always!

danwood 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:44:48
#154 ]

Even if it "were" (not saying it is) that Amiga fans were more welcomed here than CUSA PC fans, isn't it right that the Amiga point of view would be more welcome on an Amiga forum than fans of a PC OEM?

It's not much different to alt.amiga.advocacy back in the 90s when PC fans would come in to troll or push their views, when it was blatantly an Amiga channel.

This forum is not unique, try going to Mac Rumors and pushing Dell fanboyism, or posting endless threads about a new HP laptop/pc all over their forums, and see what kind of reception you get.

Last edited by danwood on 14-Jun-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Last edited by danwood on 14-Jun-2011 at 02:45 PM.

nimrod7 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:47:34
#155 ]

OT: what a nice discovery which coincide with Natami-wikipedia-notability affair: cusa-wiki

"Marxism must abhor nothing so much as the possibility that it becomes congealed in its current form. It is at its best when butting heads in self-criticism, and in historical thunder and lightning, it retains its strength" - Rosa Luxemburg.

redrumloa 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 14:49:10
#156 ]
Cult Member

@Darrin

Quote:

Darrin wrote:
@redrumloa

You can't deny that there is some major "smoke and mirrors" going on and unfortunately you're in the thick of it, either as a willing participant (which I find hard to believe having done business with you for years) or as a suckered bystander.

Either way, the mountain of lies is building up, the lack of ethics is there to see and you seem to have your head firmly planted in the sand.

You're compromised Jim. I just hope nobody is investing money in C-USA.

I'm in the thick of it and have my head planted in the sand? Meeting the guy for an hour one night and taking a neutral opinion on a message board puts me in the thick of it? Oh boy...

You're compromised Jim.

Really? Because I don't think Barry sacrifices babies and wants to sacrifice teh true amigans?

I just hope nobody is investing money in C-USA

AFAIK the only ones with money invested are Barry and pre-order customers.

Don't you see Darrin, you are comprimised too! You have done business with me in the past which means you must be in on this grand conspiracy too

Last edited by redrumloa on 14-Jun-2011 at 02:50 PM.

$225 total spent!

Darrin 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 15:09:49
#157 ]
Team Member

@redrumloa

Quote:
I'm in the thick of it and have my head planted in the sand? Meeting the guy for an hour one night and taking a neutral opinion on a message board puts me in the thick of it? Oh boy...

I'd hardly call in "neutral" when you seem to ignore his insults, the lies, the fact that the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left is doing, etc, etc

Quote:
Really? Because I don't think Barry sacrifices babies and wants to sacrifice teh true amigans?

No, because you fail to acknowledge the obvious flaws in this business. Honestly, does it look like a multi-million dollar operation to you? Who the hell would make Dammy a moderator and spokesman?!

Quote:
AFAIK the only ones with money invested are Barry and pre-order customers.

Well you really wouldn't expect to know much after a 1 hour meeting, would you? Neither would you expect to know whether a company is being hyped up on the internet expressly to lure investors.

Quote:
Don't you see Darrin, you are comprimised too! You have done business with me in the past which means you must be in on this grand conspiracy too

I was compromised when the personal insults and threats arrived in my PM box. I didn't declare war, but I'm sure as hell going to finish it.

BtB has had ample time to throw a reset switch, but he obviously doesn't want to or is mentally incapable of doing so.

Understand this, I have no problem at all with C-USA selling PCs with whatever software they like on it. If one appealed to me then I'd even buy one. The hijacking of the Amiga name/brand and the attempt to pass off Linux as the New Amiga OS/Workbench was a big mistake and then the threats and insults just added fuel to the fire. Now the gloves are off. If a statement is made then I'm going to ask for clarification. If teh answer sucks then I'm going to point it out. If it is good news then I will happily clap from the back row and throw streamers and ticker-tape.

Ask yourself this: Why hasn't a single C64x been shipped to a customer? Don't you find it strange that a product was marketed the way it was when the case was only a prototype? Don't you find it strange for a multi-million dollar company to take pre-orders for a product when they can't even decide what is in the box or what is even going to run on it?

I've seen Fish n Chip shops with a better business plan. C-USA looks like a tiny company trying to look like a major using slight-of-hand tricks.

Also, Disney is not a "partner" in the sense that they actuall have any interest in computer products, marketing or otherwise, unless you're also prepared to believe that Dinsey sell fizzy drinks, Canadian laptops and light bulbs. All the Tron advertising equated to was C-USA buying some advertising space which made Disney some money. Nothing more, nothing less. You'd swear this has never happened before and no other flyer has ever fallen out of a DVD case.

cgutjahr 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 15:31:42
#158 ]
Cult Member

@Darrin

Quote:

I didn't declare war, but I'm sure as hell going to finish it.

You could also try to grow up. Just an idea.

Darrin 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 15:38:53
#159 ]
Team Member

@cgutjahr

I did, years ago. What's your excuse little boy?

Yssing 
Posted on 14-Jun-2011 16:09:44
#160 ]

wow lots and lots of PC mobo with a C= USA sticker on them...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle