Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 99 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  10 mins ago
 agami:  23 mins ago
 bhabbott:  32 mins ago
 amigakit:  51 mins ago
 Vidar:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs 56 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  3 hrs 27 mins ago
 Swisso:  3 hrs 44 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 45 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  General Technology (No Console Threads)
      /  More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customination Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
vox 
Re: More C64x Pics at Commodore USA Customination Facility in Ft. Lauderdale
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 12:01:28
#321 ]
Elite Member

@tommywright

Quote:

tommywright wrote:
@eliyahu

As far as why CUSA fans post here, I think a few of them want to be seen as the new beginning of the old Commodore computer company which is not going to be well received in a place like this. What they are doing would be acceptable if they would just handle themselves like a small retro PC company (which is what they are).

Most of us seem to respect them making the C64 case and putting a PC inside it. The problem comes in presenting themselves as a large company with tens of millions of dollars ready to take on silicon valley. That kind of talk gets a well deserved chuckle from people that know better.

In this day and age, it's more important to present yourself (as a company) to be well organized rather that simply "large" as far as distribution goes. System 76 is a prime example of a company that simply re-brands an existing PC for the Linux community and does it well. They are respected not because they sell a lot of computers, but because they provide excellent customer service along with Ubuntu specific drivers for the hardware that they offer.

The mistakes CUSA has made so far are stupid but forgivable (imo). It's what they "do" that's going to really matter. Unforgivable would be a product that they don't stand behind. What will save them will be a solid product that lasts and an OS with all the proper support. It doesn't have to be Apple support but good support nonetheless.

Of course, all of this means nothing here at AmigaWorld because this is not a Linux based community, so they really need to stop posting here. They will save themselves a lot of headaches. I would recommend to them, that they hook up with the Ubuntu community instead. Start by talking to someone at OMGUbuntu! and go from there. But never represent themselves as something they are not. That will destroy their reputation in ANY community.

Wow.. I think that's the longest post I have ever made here.

Thanks Tommy,

Strange how "x86 Amiga totalitarists" (even no official x86 exists)
are not satisfied with availiability of PPC hardware improved, as well as they miss to notice small but important software improvements. Meanwhile, "fog" and "promises" is their big time product.

Just like with "Amiga" tablets there is a reason why they simply don`t belong here and are first to be known as "traitors to Amiga brend" or simpler "exploits".

Linux community I&I doubt would accept them too, since they kind of close source Linux modification, without known specs, no open beta testing, no development plan etc. which is also kind of Outrage?

At the end, as x86 product is overpriced per specs, sold without Windows (which is kind of thing in Wintel world) and with at this time uncertain support, availiability and OS development plan. Cat inna bag Serbs would say.

And they neva get any knowledge from real critism that coud actualy improve their PR and product. Time will tell, what will happen, especially after 1st wave euphoria by retro and geek gadget consumers that would buy it just for the look, not looking to company history and PR model.

Profile     Report this post  
vox 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 12:05:29
#322 ]
Elite Member

@eXec

Quote:

eXec wrote:
@eliyahu

S.M.I. is the ultimate mental weapon carefully stored inside one
person here on this forum. Actually, two persons. One infected the
other. The first is the source of pure wisdom and morality but only
false used at wrong place in the wrong time and the other is
currently under restriction. But he will soon come with the I&I
Tourrete syndrome.

I&I believe your CEO has Tourette, or is exploiting one in Cartman style.

As somehwere else, exec has mentioned wish for I&I to be in prison
by time CUSA realises anything, I&I don`t curse, chant no slackness
and commit no crime. Just wish we have better consumer protection
and better anti exploit laws, so CUSA could do its funky blues time.

As moderators pretend these were not insults to I&I,
neither these are.

Best in life, according to deeds

vox 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 12:06:35
#323 ]
Elite Member

@Nibunnoichi

Quote:

Nibunnoichi wrote:
@vox

Quote:

vox wrote:
@wawa
we intend to champion the open source movement and show the world what open source is capable of.

Yeah, thank God for CUSA, 'cause the likes of Red Hat, IBM, Apache Foundation and tens of other viable open source based companies weren't able to do it!!

Presenting Atom based board and Linux cloused source as innovation!
Everything comes late and with supermacism!

Surely, they are the heart of open source movement!

Tune they surely can be seen in "Money Ah Dem God"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yXBWxpaEHM&feature=channel_video_title

Last edited by vox on 23-Jun-2011 at 12:08 PM.

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 12:22:22
#324 ]

@vox

Quote:
...and with at this time uncertain support, availiability and OS development plan. Cat inna bag Serbs would say.

Quote:
...no open beta testing, no development plan etc. which is also kind of Outrage?

so why do you use OS4 then?

vox 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 12:56:52
#325 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

1) Because its AmigaOS

2) Because its not faked open source OS. For such small magnitude OS,
for now, its even better its commercialy supported. So far, I&I have registered
OS 3.5, OS 4.0 Classic (gifted to a friend that has PPC Classic), OS 4.1 SAM EP440
and plan to purchase SAM lite alongside 460 version. Plus the software.

That is real support and gratitude for continious development.
So far CUSA hasn`t presented even Snowmaker, but we expect you to.

And no false promises.

Real question is why you don`t use AmigaOS?

WolfToTheMoon 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 13:03:58
#326 ]

@vox

wait, so it's double standards... because you criticized C=USA for closed beta testing, uncertain development plan and availability and called it cat in a bag and outrage... So I guess that than you're using a cat in a bag yourself? Are you outraged at Hyperion also?

Quote:
Real question is why you don`t use AmigaOS?

Oh, I use AmigaOS.... just 1.3 and AROS versions of AOS.

redrumloa 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 13:22:54
#327 ]
Cult Member

@WolfToTheMoon

Don't feed the trolls

$225 total spent!

vox 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 13:30:33
#328 ]
Elite Member

@WolfToTheMoon

Yes, Hyperion is critised for their share, like e.g. SIN, Gorky 17 and being late.

However, they currently have more software products then CUSA and is far more known of their products.

Master of double standards is CUSA, claiming to be Commodore Amiga sucessor while bashing remaining of its (Commoodore Amiga) community.

Well, you don`t use current AmigaOS and neither plan to.

Right, don`t feed the CUSA discussions.

Ends here.

Franko 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 13:35:17
#329 ]
Elite Member

@elatour

Quote:

elatour wrote:
@all
Wow! You guys have way too much time on your hands! Imagine what other constructive things you could do with your lives if you spent as much time actually creating something and/or contributing something postive and constructive to this world. Sadly, you'll never get this time back...nor, come to think of it, will I ever get the time spent reading much too many of these useless posts with people going at it back and forth ad nauseum or now my taking the time to post about it.

But, seriously folks, when you're all on your death bed - hopefully many moons from now - will you think back on the time and energy spent on this useless banter as good use of your time or quality time? I hardly think so. I sure won't, that's for sure! Which is why I spend less and less time coming to this site as time goes on and get more and more grey hairs. Nothing against AW, but the some of the people on it and the "discussions" they have with each other really leave to be desired when half of the threads degenerate into insults back and forth. Geesh!

@ elatour

Hope you don't take any offence at this but...

Yup I've got plenty of time on my hands and for 25 years I've been writing programs in Assembler for the Amiga and still do...

Time spent arguing/ debating is just like everything in life whether you consider it be a waste of time or not, ie: it's all just passing the time until the day we kick the bucket...

If you don't consider it useful or constructive then that's up to you but you shouldn't try to impose your personal views on others by telling them what to do, if you don't like it, agree with it and consider it a waste of your precious time why do you respond to it !!!

What you regard as insults and people not contributing constructively is merely your own narrow minded view of life, others enjoy such things as they see them for what they are, nothing more than light-hearted meaningless banter that shouldn't be taken seriously.

When I'm on my death bed I can assure you I will look back at my life with no regrets whatsoever and die with a smile on my face thinking about folks like yourself who spent their lives taking everything so seriously that they never knew the meaning of actually enjoying life and seeing the fun side of it...

PS: You really should learn not to take stuff you read on forums as being of any importance in your life or get upset and not visit them because you don't like their "discussions" otherwise the grey hairs of which you speak will appear long before their time and the old "Death Bed" will arrive sooner than you would like...

Take it all for what it really is nothing more than folks saying things that will never have any effect on your personal life and have a laugh, you'll feel better for it...

Franko 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 13:37:35
#330 ]
Elite Member

@redrumloa

Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
@WolfToTheMoon

Don't feed the trolls

If that were the case you would have starved to death years ago...

_ThEcRoW 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 13:50:30
#331 ]
Cult Member

@vox

Still the i&i crap going on?. Sigh...

Mac Mini G4 1GB Ram with the butterfly!!

eXec 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 13:57:30
#332 ]
Cult Member

@vox

Quote:

Meanwhile I&I dream

You `re back! At last. This place without you is a sour cup of coffee.

Hammer 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 14:30:47
#333 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:

At the end, as x86 product is overpriced per specs, sold without Windows (which is kind of thing in Wintel world) and with at this time uncertain support, availiability and OS development plan. Cat inna bag Serbs would say.

At the end, the PowerPC based X1000 product is overpriced per specs.

Let's keep things into perspective.

Last edited by Hammer on 23-Jun-2011 at 02:32 PM.

redrumloa 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 15:36:51
#334 ]
Cult Member

@Franko

So Franko, did you have to do any favors to Barry for your position with CUSA? How many positions have you tried with Barry?

Just curious

$225 total spent!

eXec 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 15:39:48
#335 ]
Cult Member

@redrumloa

Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
@Franko

So Franko, did you have to do any favors to Barry for your position with CUSA? How many positions have you tried with Barry?

Just curious

Who the hell is Franko?

redrumloa 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 16:13:53
#336 ]
Cult Member

@eXec

A guy who spent 1 year trolling Amiga.org with over 5,000 posts in that one year. At the end of the year he posted to moobunny admitting he was simply trolling. Much of his trolling was as the lead attacker against CUSA and anyone not ultra-negative about CUSA. A week or so ago he threw AO staff and owner under the bus and joined CUSA "staff". In short he is an attention whore and a drama queen.

$225 total spent!

TheDaddy 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 16:17:49
#337 ]
Elite Member

@redrumloa

>>So Franko, did you have to do any favors to Barry for your position with CUSA? >>How many positions have you tried with Barry?

You should read that again...carefully...

bison 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 16:23:32
#338 ]
Elite Member

@_ThEcRoW

Quote:
Still the i&i crap going on?. Sigh...

I probably shouldn't ask, but since this thread entered the realm of faery quite a few pages back, I will: what is I&I?

Franko 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 16:35:11
#339 ]
Elite Member

@redrumloa

Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
@eXec

A guy who spent 1 year trolling Amiga.org with over 5,000 posts in that one year. At the end of the year he posted to moobunny admitting he was simply trolling. Much of his trolling was as the lead attacker against CUSA and anyone not ultra-negative about CUSA. A week or so ago he threw AO staff and owner under the bus and joined CUSA "staff". In short he is an attention whore and a drama queen.

You don't half gibber some keech RedBumBlowa...

Still telling lies as usual I see... guess that Coke Barry slipped you has rattled your solitary wee brain cell...

I've never posted anything on MooBunny admitting that I was doing that wee net geek made up word you like so much "Trolling", course if you're the type who thinks that anything that you read on MooBunny is true then your even dumber than I gave you credit for...

And as proof of you incredible dumbness here you are now posting that I'm a member of staff for CUSA, gawd you really are thick aren't you...

As for the "attention whore" and "Drama Queen", well your are indeed that, seem to recall on A.org how you always liked to bore use all to death with "I've been here longer than the earth's been around" and "I've lived through all the forum wars and nothing ever phased me"... only to pack it all in when I told the truth about you and you couldn't handle it and scuttled of back under your rock....

You really are one pathetic excuse for a human being aint ya, so why not do your usual and complain to the mods here and this time don't forget to let them know about the lies and insults you have just posted about me...

(Think you need another fix of Coke from your dealer Barry, cos it sounds like to me your going cold turkey....)

Franko 
Posted on 23-Jun-2011 16:39:43
#340 ]
Elite Member

@TheDaddy
Quote:

TheDaddy wrote:
@redrumloa

>>So Franko, did you have to do any favors to Barry for your position with CUSA? >>How many positions have you tried with Barry?

You should read that again...carefully...

Another retard rattling his gums and gibbering more crap than can be found in one of RedBumBlowa's posts....

Wassa matta TheDaddy did I offend you by telling the truth about your wee bum chum Red or is that time of the month again...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle