Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 126 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  9 mins ago
 amigang:  14 mins ago
 Hypex:  26 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  3 hrs 50 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 23 mins ago
 Hammer:  6 hrs 13 mins ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 51 mins ago
 billt:  6 hrs 59 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  7 hrs 12 mins ago
 agami:  7 hrs 35 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 11-Sep-2012 12:15:49
#1021 ]
Elite Member

So much for the 'always 1 man and 1 woman idea'.

Profile     Report this post  
SpaceDruid 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 11-Sep-2012 16:01:08
#1022 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@Franko

Quote:

Franko wrote:
Oooh this thread almost disappeared right off the "Latest Posts" list...

Has BigD , been abducted by aliens,

Nope, we don't have him.

There was a power surge at the AI research labs in the UK though. It is thought that one of their AI programs went rogue when it accidentally connected to the internet and started to think for itself. The emergency shut down program "Religious Doctrine 101" was activated and all AI projects have been shut down as a result.

Project Eden has just restarted, so it may take some time for the AI's to gain sufficient knowledge to begin communication again. The Eve circuits may require some parts to be cannibalised from the Adam mainframe in order to work as Apple are no longer making the parts.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 11-Sep-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Google Translate

BigD 
Posted on 13-Sep-2012 23:24:44
#1023 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Another milestone reached on the C4M Website! The petition now stands at over 600,000

When will Dave and Nick wake up and smell the General Election defeat heading their way if they fail to listen to their constituents?

In other Nick Clegg news;

Daily Mail: Nick Clegg apologises for 'bigot' slur

Since the Deputy Prime Minister can't get away with calling supporters of marriage 'bigots' neither should the vociferous liberal voices on this thread. Stick to the issues and lets have a clean, informed debate.

T-J 
Posted on 13-Sep-2012 23:50:10
#1024 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

Quote:
The petition now stands at over 600,000

My goodness, that must be almost 1% of the population. Pardon me if I don't rush to hand over the keys to the country to your loud little pressure group.

Quote:
Since the Deputy Prime Minister can't get away with calling supporters of marriage 'bigots' neither should the vociferous liberal voices on this thread. Stick to the issues and lets have a clean, informed debate.

D, you're the one throwing most of the insults around here. And the Deputy Prime Minister is bound by the constraints of public office. I am not.

Opponents of equal marriage are bigots whether Nick Clegg is allowed to say it or not.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 14-Sep-2012 1:24:36
#1025 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BigotD

Quote:

In other Nick Clegg news;

Daily Mail: Nick Clegg apologises for 'bigot' slur

Actually, you bigot, the reason he withdrew his comment was he didn't want the debate to get sidetracked on this issue since the actual debate is far more important than bigots, like yourself complaining about being called bigots for being bigots. And regardless of his choices, that has not effect on the dictionary deninition about bigots, of which you are one.

Nice to see your bigoted AI is back on-line though after the trouble.

And in other news, religious bigots are murdering gay people for being gay people (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19557895. Or what about this one?). This does rather call into the question bigoted people like your bigoted self claiming homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. Since who would willingly condemn themselves to death by bigots (not unlike you) if they had a choice?

(And I thought we'd already passed the 600,000 mark some tens, if not hundreds of posts ago? Ah there it is, post 808. It was about to pass that mark and since that time it has passed it by an astounding 113 signatures. Clearly you have the mandate of the British people.)

Quote:

Stick to the issues and lets have a clean, informed debate.

You are unbelievable. It's like the last 1000 post haven't happened. You really do live in a world entirely of your own making don't you? YOU? INFORMED DEBATE?! YOU?!?!

REALLY??!!

YOU?!?

INFORMED?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!

YOU!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!!!!!!!??!?!!

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Sep-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Sep-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Sep-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Sep-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Google Translate

Nimrod 
Posted on 14-Sep-2012 18:51:18
#1026 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Since the Deputy Prime Minister can't get away with calling supporters of marriage 'bigots'
You're lying again Mr so called christian. He did not call "supporters of marriage" bigots, he referred to those who hide their homophobic hate speech behind the veil of "religious belief" as bigoted, but he did not imply that being in favour of marriage was bigotry.
Your religious minority can no longer get away with bulling the rest of us, and don't you just hate having to settle for being equal to us, instead of your preferred privileged position.

Frags 
Posted on 14-Sep-2012 18:57:14
#1027 ]
Cult Member

@Nimrod

Can`t we lock this stupid thread?

- insert profound text here -

AndyC 
Posted on 14-Sep-2012 22:48:13
#1028 ]

@Frags

Please don't - I want to be able to gloat when the UK and Scottish governments introduce the changes, having completely ignored the 600k+ signatories to the petition! And BigD...

AndyC

BigD 
Posted on 14-Sep-2012 23:04:11
#1029 ]
Elite Member

@AndyC

Quote:
Please don't - I want to be able to gloat when the UK and Scottish governments introduce the changes, having completely ignored the 600k+ signatories to the petition! And BigD...

You are one strange individual if you would celebrate the day that marriage is mutilated and destroyed in UK law!

To paraphrase Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park (edit: not Independence Day oops);

Quote:
"Yeah, but you liberals were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should"

Your screwed up perception of what constitutes 'equality' will lead (if the liberal cronies get their way) to the persecution, marginalisation and a politically correct and legally sanctioned inequality for anyone that doesn't hold your worldview! You are calling for a new age of inequality and persecution in the guise of promoting 'gay rights' and 'equality'. Leave marriage the way it is a let practising homosexuals use their own names for the relationships they choose to invent!

Last edited by BigD on 16-Sep-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Franko 
Posted on 14-Sep-2012 23:11:10
#1030 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
Leave marriage the way it is a let practising homosexuals use their own names for the relationships they choose to invent!

By the same token what you regard as "Marriage" is a name stolen from other religions/ societies/ civilisations long before Christianity, so don't tell others they can't use the word when it wasn't even invented by your Christian faith in the first place...

BigD 
Posted on 14-Sep-2012 23:34:39
#1031 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
By the same token what you regard as "Marriage" is a name stolen from other religions/ societies/ civilisations long before Christianity, so don't tell others they can't use the word when it wasn't even invented by your Christian faith in the first place...

Whose talking about this being a solely Christian institution?! Marriage is central to UK culture, law and incredibly important for social cohesion and the most important family unit for bringing up children. You claim to know of another historical period when marriage was defined as something different in the past so as to argue that it's ok to destroy UK marriage?!!

BrianK suggests dismantling and reassembling marriage is the right thing to do because American Indians had other ideas? Last time I checked the American Indians are suffering from mass unemployment while battling a huge alcohol problem within their communities. Not really a great calling card on how to order and run a society is it?

How short sighted can you be? Marriage is important to British culture and other British institutions like the Royal Family etc are built around marriage. The whole country united around the royal wedding and we all understand the premise of an heir to the throne and the importance of Diana AND Charles bringing up William and Harry. Without a doting mother they would probably have had about as much luck with settling down in a stable marriage as the Queen's children have had due to her partially absentee mothering forced on her by her duties. Elton John acknowledges that it is deeply sad that his adopted child will never have a mother. What Elton John and David Furnish have is simply not the same as marriage and should have a different name! They have the inheritance rights they need so let's leave it at that.

Destroying the building blocks of our society to mirror less equal, fair and tolerant societies like post- 1917 revolution Russia where marriage was actively discouraged is not my idea of progress!

Last edited by BigD on 14-Sep-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 15-Sep-2012 0:31:27
#1032 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Fair enough you may not have been talking about it in the sense of it being regarded by some as a Christian institution but Marriage be it religious or as part of our laws is not important to everyone...

It is of no importance in my life nor do I regard it as part of my culture and I sure as heck couldn't give a crap if it's important to the Royal Family...

I can assure you the whole country DIDN'T unite around any royal wedding, you may wish to believe such a myth but I can assure you it most certainly never happened...

Stop living in cloud cuckoo land where all your little ideals and beliefs on all these subjects are in your mind wrongly considered by you as fact...

The truth is, virtually everything you have said in this entire thread is nothing more than what YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE THE TRUTH and are so out of touch with the reality of the real world, I sometimes get the feeling you've never actually stepped outside your front door and discovered the real world for yourself...

Frags 
Posted on 15-Sep-2012 0:39:56
#1033 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

Quote:
"Yeah, but you liberals were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should"

That was from `Jurassic Park` dickhead.
Besides, it was `scientists` not `liberals` - they`re not the same thing you know harhar what a tool.

- insert profound text here -

BrianK 
Posted on 15-Sep-2012 2:18:57
#1034 ]
Elite Member

Nimrod 
Posted on 15-Sep-2012 10:22:02
#1035 ]

@BigD

Quote:
You are one strange individual if you would celebrate the day that marriage is mutilated and destroyed in UK law!
AndyC may well be one strange individual, he is after all a Scotsman, but what has that got to do with spreading the benefits of matrimonial bliss to a wider audience. It is like claiming that letting working class people listen to Beethoven, will destroy music.
Giving two people a piece of paper licensing their relationship does not detract from your rights to be married to a woman. And in future, your fundamentalist bigotry will not be permitted to interfere with other peoples freedom to live together, free of fear or prejudice.

Since you appear to be unable to follow a link when it is provided, I will reproduce a few lines from the article BrianK tried to show you, although the fact that it was written by a woman may cause you problems.
Quote:
2. My religious liberty is at risk because:
A) I am not allowed to marry the person I love legally, even though my religious community blesses my marriage.
B) Some states refuse to enforce my own particular religious beliefs on marriage on those two guys in line down at the courthouse.

5. My religious liberty is at risk because:
A) Being a member of my faith means that I can be bullied without legal recourse.
B) I am no longer allowed to use my faith to bully gay kids with impunity.
Item 5 is particularly approriate because you are using Ladeles court case (legal recourse) to justify yourself bullying gays by attepting to demonise and marginalise them.

Quote:
BrianK suggests dismantling and reassembling marriage is the right thing to do because American Indians had other ideas?
Why don't we take a closer look at how they used to live, how they live now and what caused the change Let us consider the christians collecting blankets from the smallpox wards to give to the Indians. That is biological warfare, and considering that the Indians had no immunity, it was also genocide. Millions of these people died of imported European diseases withous ever having seen, or even heard tell of the plague of christian white men.
Christians declared them to be "vermin" and placed a bounty on killing them. Proof of a kill to qualify for payment was to bring the top of their skull with the hair still attached. When they tried to complain they were ignored, and when they tried to fight back they were massacred. Is it any wonder they (and the Australian aborigine) turned to the bottle)

Your self righteous arrogance continues to grow from strength to strength, as the numbers of regular churchgoers continues to dwindle. when the last church finally closes for the last time the noise should be deafening.

BrianK 
Posted on 15-Sep-2012 14:05:30
#1036 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

What the Native American demonstrates is your idea that all societys excluded gays from marriage is false. Your idea that respecting gays was the cause of the Native American's downfall is, also, false. @Nimrod did a good job defining what some of the causes to Native American suffering was. Not sure if Native American history is taught in the UK. Heck, it's only lightly touched on in the USA. Their story is one of subjection and suffering at the hands of 'good Christians'.

Rose 
Posted on 15-Sep-2012 16:33:15
#1037 ]
Cult Member

Boy Atheists are dangerous!

Nimrod 
Posted on 16-Sep-2012 0:13:36
#1038 ]

@BrianK

Quote:
Not sure if Native American history is taught in the UK
Only two details of the indigenous population of North America get taught in UK schools one is that the colonials who threw the tea into Boston harbour dressed as indians to divert any potential repercussions, and the other is that a bunch of indians handed Custer the thrashing that he so richly deserved.
The rest is largely kept secret, but I have an annoying habit of finding out the facts behind any given story. This is particularly embarrasing to those who consider their beliefs to be more important than the truth.

BrianK 
Posted on 16-Sep-2012 8:05:09
#1039 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

One would think the UK History could be filled with quite a bit of how the indigenous population was handled in many nations on many continents by British Colonialists. It's quite a colorful and bloody history.

Nimrod 
Posted on 16-Sep-2012 9:12:52
#1040 ]

@BrianK

Quote:
One would think the UK History could be filled with quite a bit of how the indigenous population was handled in many nations on many continents by British Colonialists. It's quite a colorful and bloody history.
And it's not only the 'away matches', the home games are a bit messy too. We only recently found one of our kings under a car park in Leicester.
To be fair to the schoolteachers, the kids only spend thirteen years at school, and they have to learn something other than history, and there is so much of it that many major incidents just get swamped under bigger or more recent events.
We have been conquered by the Romans, and by the Vikings. In 1066 we were conquered by the Normans, and in 1688 we were conquered by the Dutch. Since we have never managed to secure our independence from anybody, we are technically not a free country, as is shown by the fact that we are one of the few countries in the world that does not celebrate an independence day.
I know what the history of this country is like, I cannot change it, and unlike some, [cough]BigD[/cough] I have no intention of sweeping it under the carpet.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle