Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
15 crawler(s) on-line.
 131 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  17 mins ago
 michalsc:  22 mins ago
 amigakit:  59 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 26 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 Tpod:  3 hrs 16 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 21 mins ago
 Birbo:  3 hrs 35 mins ago
 Hammer:  3 hrs 42 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rob 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 22-Sep-2012 21:57:29
#1101 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
That doesn't mean we should accept every perversion that befalls humanity without question, because somethings are to our detriment as we are living in a fallen world and are no longer in Eden! Homosexual relationships will never be entirely comparable to marriage however much the BBC and the liberal elite wish it. They have inheritance rights and the ability to live in peace and free from police intervention. For a life choice that doesn't do the rest of society an ounce of good that is a pretty good deal. Saying that we shouldn't be promoting it as a valid life choice for our children at school as it is likely to lead to a lower life expectancy and a life riddled with disease and promiscuity.

Why do you keep pushing homosexuality as a lifestyle choice? If for example there are two males friends, one gay and one straight, who both have a steady job, own a car, like to go down the pub on Friday and watch the football on a Saturday, how does the gay guys lifestyle differ from the straight guys?

Profile     Report this post  
SpaceDruid 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 22-Sep-2012 23:20:24
#1102 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BigD

Quote:

Wow!

We're making progress! You've acknowledged that it's a theory and not fact! Why then is it taught in our secondary schools as fact?

Wait wut?

This is the first time you've realised something called the "Big Bang Theory" is a theory?

Well that explains a lot!

Also, you might want to go over the last 1000 posts where we tell you what a theory means and why it's not the same as a belief.

And also, you didn't comment on what I said about people who wrote the Bible's lack of knowledge about very bast FACTS (Just in case you missed that, I'll say again, FACTS) about the Earth and the Solar System and the reason why you place more trust in people that thought the Earth was the centre of the Universe, the Sun revolved around it and didn't know about the continents of both North and South America despite being taught by an all knowing God (who has an appendix and remains of a tail), than the people that can demonstrate with FACTS! that you can SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES!?.

Nor did you refer to genetic defects or which colour of skin Gods has.

Would your attempt to change the subject yet again be something to do with there being a very basic and fundamental error in everything you believe in?

Edits made to correct speeling mishtakes caused by the bad people in the pub that wouldn't stop buying rounds...

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 22-Sep-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 22-Sep-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 22-Sep-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 22-Sep-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Google Translate

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 14:47:37
#1103 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

Australian Roman Catholic Church admits child sex abuse

Our moral supperiors are at it yet again...

Google Translate

Franko 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 15:03:39
#1104 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:
Australian Roman Catholic Church admits child sex abuse

Our moral supperiors are at it yet again...

Hardly surprising news really...

You have to be a bit odd in the fist place to join that weird cult (The Roman Catholic Church) where they don't like men going near women if your a member of the elite and yet the pretend to hate men liking men (kiddies are fine, obviously)...

BigD 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 22:05:50
#1105 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
reason why you place more trust in people that thought the Earth was the centre of the Universe, the Sun revolved around it and didn't know about the continents of both North and South America despite being taught by an all knowing Godreason why you place more trust in people that thought the Earth was the centre of the Universe, the Sun revolved around it and didn't know about the continents of both North and South America despite being taught by an all knowing God

Where does it say in the Bible about the Sun going round the Earth?!

I think you're getting society in general mixed up with Christianity. Back in the middle ages 'everyone' believed the Sun orbited the Earth. What's that got to do with the thread? So what? Do you expect the Bible to read more like a physics book? Lots of explorers and scientists are Christians because they start from the premise that they want to find out more about God's creation. We've covered this already. This isn't Christianity versus science! You keep kicking this red herring and it sure is beginning to smell fishy

I pointed out that UK school science curriculum tend to teach the Big Bang Theory as if it were fact. I'm surprised your happy to concede that it's just a theory and hence creationism is just as valid a concept to be taught in schools.

BigD 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 22:07:00
#1106 ]
Elite Member

@Rob

Quote:
Why do you keep pushing homosexuality as a lifestyle choice?

Because it is. People can choose whether to act on homosexual feelings or they can choose not to.

BigD 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 22:26:35
#1107 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
and it cannot be used by morally bankrupt individuals as justification for preaching hate for one minority, while defending privilege for your own minority.

See previous point. They are people partaking in a life choice not a minority people group. Comparison is void. I don't expect privileges for using an Amiga computer (a life choice) so why when people engage in homosexual activity and live a homosexual lifestyle should they consider themselves married?

Plus, I don't hate people who are practising homosexuals but I don't see how their promiscuous, unconsummated relationships can seriously represent a 'marriage' relationship! They are the same sex for one thing! Go figure. Not a complimentary relationship, not benefitial for bringing up children and it's insulting for you to suggest that homosexuals even want to live under a guise of a heterosexual lifestyle! How many homosexuals are arguing for this change! Answer? No! Anyone?

I can give you a list of those that think it's a waste of time;

George Michael
Christopher Biggins
Rupert Everett thinks gay parenting is wrong
Even Elton John thinks it's sad his son doesn't have a mother!

This is the liberal elite trying to force their stupid half baked ideologies on the rest of us. This isn't 'Will & Grace' this is real life. Drop this stupid legislation Dave Cameron and concentrate on keeping Nick Clegg out of the Top 40.

Last edited by BigD on 23-Sep-2012 at 10:27 PM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 22:57:47
#1108 ]

@BigD

To use modern internet jargon, your reply is so full of fail I'm not sure where to begin...

Quote:

I think you're getting society in general mixed up with Christianity. Back in the middle ages 'everyone' believed the Sun orbited the Earth.

Actually no, the Islamic world were quite busily getting on with things while the Christian Churches were burning people who dared to question their word and locking Copernicus up for grave suspicion of heresy for example.

Quote:

What's that got to do with the thread?

You've made numerous statements that the Bible is right about everything and I'm pointing out it's not right about nearly anything. I asked why you trusted a known to be flawed account written by people who didn't understand very basic things about the Earth and it's place in the Universe over people who can prove (to you) that they do.

Instead of answering the question, you've avoided it (again).

Quote:

We've covered this already.

Stop quoting my line. We have covered this before, many many times. You just don't seem to want to listen.

Quote:

This isn't Christianity versus science! You keep kicking this red herring and it sure is beginning to smell fishy

You were the one that brought up the superiority of your Bible. I'm correcting your flawed statements as have many others in this thread, repeatably.

Quote:

I pointed out that UK school science curriculum tend to teach the Big Bang Theory as if it were fact.

/facepalm

Again, "Big Bang Theory"

Maybe you were the only one in the class that wasn't able to connect the final word to what you were being taught? It certainly seems to have come as a revelation to you in this thread.

Quote:

I'm surprised your happy to concede that it's just a theory

Yes, I am very happy to "concede" that something called "Big Bang Theory" is a theory.

Quote:

and hence creationism is just as valid a concept to be taught in schools.

/facepalm

No because creationism isn't a theory. (Are you a troll? Are you really needing this to be explained to you (again)?)

And you still haven't said what colour of skin God has.

Google Translate

BigD 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 23:06:34
#1109 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
Yes, I am very happy to "concede" that something called "Big Bang Theory" is a theory.

If it's a theory it should be taught alongside other world views such as Creationism. There is more evidence for Creation than there is for the Big Bang! Calculating how fast the universe is expanding can hardly lead to the rejection of the Bible in a logical discussion!

What's all this face palming all about. I understand what a 'theory' is, it's you who can't process what that means! i.e. If it's JUST a theory it should be taught alongside Creation.

Last edited by BigD on 23-Sep-2012 at 11:07 PM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 23:18:15
#1110 ]

@BigD

Quote:

If it's a theory it should be taught alongside other world views such as Creationism.

D, it is pretty clear you have no understanding of science whatsoever, let alone have a degree in it. A theory is not a world view, it is not a belief. Evidence is rife, but not conclusive. Perhaps if I try to explain it like I would a child you might grasp what a theory is.

A glass cup is smashed. Next to it is a hammer with bits of glass stuck to the head of the hammer. While nobody was there to witness the event, the broken pieces of glass can be seen to fit together into a complete drinking vessel though some bits are missing. Once assembled, the glass has a hole the shape of the hammerhead that sits next to it but in every other regard is the same as all the other glass cups on the shelf above. The evidence points to the hammer smashing the glass. That is a theory.

A glass cup is smashed. Next to it is a hammer with bits of glass stuck to the head of the hammer. God created the broken glass exactly as it is found. That's a belief.

Quote:

There is more evidence for Creation than there is for the Big Bang!

Where is this evidence? (Don't say the Bible)

Quote:

Calculating how fast the universe is expanding can hardly lead to the rejection of the Bible in a logical discussion!

That's one piece of evidence. One. There are thousands of bits of evidence to support the Big Bang Theory.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 23-Sep-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 23-Sep-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 23-Sep-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Google Translate

Rob 
Posted on 23-Sep-2012 23:53:21
#1111 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
@Rob
Quote: Why do you keep pushing homosexuality as a lifestyle choice?

Because it is. People can choose whether to act on homosexual feelings or they can choose not to.

Sure you can chose not to act on particular feelings but you can't chose not to have those feeling.s If you're gay you're gay regardless of whether you remain celibate or chose to have an intimate relationship with some of the same or in some cases the opposite sex.

You are aware that most human behaviour and emotions are governed by chemicals and corresponding receptors in the brain and body.

The same goes for the development of the body development too and it's a very complicated process. That is why some people with XY chromosomes with a condition called CAIS (Complete Androgen Insensitivity Sydrome) grow into tall extremely feminine and beautiful women but with no internal female sex organs, although testicles are usually present they remain undescended. The condition occurs when testosterone receptors either don't function or are simply not present.

Most CAIS women will not even be aware they have the condition until they fail to undergo puberty or find that they are unable to conceive. They tend to have a very strong sense female identity due to the effect of estrogen.

I think you should read up on CAIS and other intersex conditions or check out some of the informative videos on youtube. It may go someway to explaining homosexuality may not be choice you think it appears to be or why some people feel that they were born in the wrong body for their gender identity

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 1:14:44
#1112 ]

@Rob

Steady on Rob, he's not even able to comprehend what a theory is, don't start debating the complexities of biology with him!

Google Translate

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 15:18:31
#1113 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
The Bible has many sections where the descriptions are plain wrong. Take Job that describe the foundations, cornerstones, and edges of the earth. Clearly not true.

Quote:
I think you're getting society in general mixed up with Christianity. Back in the middle ages 'everyone' believed the Sun orbited the Earth
Step back and ask why society in general got that mixed up? It was because the Christian Church was the center of intellect and center of control. The doctrines and dictates of the Christian Church established a geocentric world view. The Christian leadership took their view from their reading of the Bible. The Bible says the sun rises up in the morning and sets down in the evening, in quite a few places. Strangely it never says the world turns around until we see the sun again. That piece came from actually looking at the evidence rather than reading a book. Do note that the Catholic Church forgave their condemnation of Copernicus 600 years after his statements. Clearly the generally mixed up came from Christianity, specifically the leadership and control.

And as for your opinion that Big Bang 'is just a theory' - it's wrong. The reason is it's a 'Scientific Theory' not a theory (as in guess as used in general venacular). But, hey I'm glad to see you confess that creation is just a guess. And I promote learning about creationist theories in schools. Hinduism has some particularily good ones. But, there's a few dozen, perhaps close to a 100. My kids are in grade school but we've started reading various creation stories. They seem to be enjoying them.

Getting back on topic.
Quote:
People can choose whether to act on homosexual feelings or they can choose not to.
Really? I assume you know this because you dealt with it. Was this a choice you only had to make once? Or do you fight against making homosexual choices each time you put your shoes on in the morning? Do let us know.

Quote:
I don't expect privileges for using an Amiga computer
What you expect is the same treatment. Would you have a problem if people fired you because you used an Amiga during your time away from work? Would you have a problem if people told you, you need to switch to Apple OSX in order to get married? In the case of homosexuals they have asked for nothing more than you, yourself have today. It's the same treatment not privileged treatment.

Quote:
I don't see how their promiscuous, unconsummated relationships can seriously represent a 'marriage' relationship
Unconsummated is a lie. As for promiscuous you chasite the gays for being promiscuous but you enable straights to be married and be promiscuous. You are discriminating based not on promiscuity but on sexual preference. The sentence above is insincere. Heck I'd say it's closer to if not bearing false witness.

Last edited by BrianK on 24-Sep-2012 at 03:18 PM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 15:32:51
#1114 ]

@BrianK

Quote:

And as for your opinion that Big Bang 'is just a theory' - it's wrong. The reason is it's a 'Scientific Theory' not a theory (as in guess as used in general venacular).

Good point. I didn't think I'd need to specify since I was talking about science anyway, but then again we are talking to BigD so everything needs to be spelled out for him.

Google Translate

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 17:23:50
#1115 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
. I didn't think I'd need to specify since I was talking about science anyway, but then again we are talking to BigD so everything needs to be spelled out for him.

BigD appears to conflate creation theory to an equal playing ground when in fact it's not. First, creation theory is much worse quality and quantity of evidence. Second, the postulate itself is unscientific. This makes creation theory worse than wrong. Science can't even consider it. Thus, when BigD requests to teach creation theory to our children on an equal playing ground with Big Bang he's disregarding what science means.

Again I'm all for creation stories. My children are learning about a dozen from various people over the next year. In subsequent year we'll add more. But, they're being placed where they belong next to Pooh Bear and Goodnight Moon.
EDIT: A couple good things I just ran across. add in here
""If we raise a generation of students who don't believe in the process of science, who think everything that we've come to know about nature and the universe can be dismissed by a few sentences translated into English from some ancient text, you're not going to continue to innovate," - Bill Nye

And something to consider - why are some Christian Leadership so broken when it comes to scientific and rational thought? Christian leaders tell people not to take HIV drugs ... First we have the Catholic Church saying don't use protection and thereby increasing the rate of HIV infection by dissuading personal responsibility. Then once that person is sick we have Evengelical Christians telling them not to take drugs which provide the sick with major improvements in their condition and longer lifes.

EDIT2: oops switched around a name, all fixed.

Last edited by BrianK on 24-Sep-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Last edited by BrianK on 24-Sep-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 18:04:59
#1116 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:

If you truly believe that statement you just made then there is only one way possible that you can say that with any certainty and that is if your are speaking from personal experience...

Just like everything else you have claimed in this thread they are your own beliefs and experiences, so it hardly surprising now to have you almost admit that your hatred of gays obviously stems from the shameful repression you have over your own homosexual feelings...

Get it of your chest once and for all and come out of the closet BigD, it's nothing to be ashamed of and unlike you, no one here is going to mock, hate or make you feel ashamed of your hidden homosexual feelings...

PS: My heterosexual feelings are not something I can choose NOT to act upon because it's simply down to my genetic make up and is not a "choice" just like your hidden homosexual preferences are NOT a choice for you, despite your denial of them...

Nimrod 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 18:20:02
#1117 ]

@BigD

Quote:
If it's a theory it should be taught alongside other world views such as Creationism
And I suppose you think that equal time should be given to the "stork theory" of human reproduction,.

Oops, my mistake. Sincerest apologies.
As a religious fundamentalist you do not believe anybody should be taught anything about sex. (until their parish priest shows the kiddies what it is all about, that is)

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 18:20:36
#1118 ]

@BrianK

Quote:

You appear to conflate creation theory to an equal playing ground when in fact it's not.

It certainly wasn't my intention! (I know you are directing this a BigD, but you replied to me )

I was just being lazy with the language. "Theory" like "awesome" are so overused these days that perhaps BigD has it in his head Big Bang Theory is the same as a guy in a pub saying "I've got a theory about why Manchester United are playing badly this season"?

For the record BigD, every time I said "theory" I meant "Scientific Theory" that follows all the rules applied via the scientific principle and not "Pub Theory" that passes the drinking lots of Guinness principle.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 24-Sep-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Google Translate

BrianK 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 18:26:28
#1119 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
It certainly wasn't my intention! (I know you are directing this a BigD, but you replied to me )
Yes I was talking about BigD's missue of the meaning of theory.

jkirk 
Posted on 24-Sep-2012 18:39:53
#1120 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

after all the republicans in the us has a track history of being gay and opposing anything resembling gay rights.

top 10 anti-gay politicians who were caught being gay

probably the tip of the iceberg.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle