Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 112 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

OlafS25

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  4 mins ago
 Gunnar:  34 mins ago
 Frank:  41 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr ago
 MickJT:  1 hr 19 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 outlawal2:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 AndreasM:  2 hrs 20 mins ago
 sibbi:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 saimo:  2 hrs 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
Franko 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million - good use of tax payers money!? Please sign Petition if you think not.
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 13:33:10
#121 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Nimrod

Do you realise how many people normally sign petitions in everyday life?

Erm no... do you... ???

And don't reply with a poll of a miniscule amount of people who were asked the question "how many people take part in polls each day"...

Gawd... let this thread pass away peacefully in it's sleep or get a job ideally from the Telegraph holding polls for them based on mainly questions asked by the Catholic church (or is that your occupation already)...

THREAD - R.I.P. - Born Too Soon - Died A Long Painful Death

Profile     Report this post  
BigD 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million - good use of tax payers money!? Please sign Petition if you think not.
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 16:51:57
#122 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
And don't reply with a poll of a miniscule amount of people who were asked the question "how many people take part in polls each day"...

Sounds like someone admitting defeat to me

I gave you the stats of another recent petition regarding the riots last year to put the quantity of signatures in context (i.e. this is a very popular petition). I find it ridiculous that you refuse to have a debate based on statistics and facts and instead just fire biased opinions or more recently just attack the whole thread when you see your liberal rhetoric is failing to stand up on its own merits!

In history at school we were asked to examine EVIDENCE be it primary or secondary and during my science degree at university we analysed scientific data be it statistics or observations. You my friend obviously failed to learn these valid lessons on how to formulate a opinion based on REAL WORLD evidence. Don't worry David Cameron has fallen into the same trap by listening to Lynne Featherstone and the dead weight Liberal Democrats!

It is not sensible to redefine a valued institution such as marriage on the basis of a flawed civil rights/equality argument. Homosexuals have all the rights they need and to demand the right to get marriage just because they WANT TO doesn't quite cut it. Society shouldn't change it's stance just because Elton John got his child in every cheap magazine going to raise awareness of homosexual adoption or because there is a soap storyline that says it's ok!

BrianK 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 17:03:30
#123 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
gave you the stats of another recent petition regarding the riots last year to put the quantity of signatures in context (i.e. this is a very popular petition). I find it ridiculous that you refuse to have a debate based on statistics and facts and instead just fire biased opinions or more recently just attack the whole thread when you see your liberal rhetoric is failing to stand up on its own merits!

Polling popularity on the internet is a weak standard of understanding. As anyone can fill out an anonymous poll you have no guarantee these people are from the UK. And the internet allows quick access to 'spam' a poll. It has been shown that one community of thought simply is better able to get the message out that the poll exists or has more online users. Popularity on the internet is indeed interesting but it's not been statistically validated in the manner you wish it were.

Society is also comprised of those Elton Johns. It's not going to change your marriage in any manner if tomorrow two women got married. Why are you so concerned about something that will have no direct or indirect impact on you? If you really love marriage wouldn't your concerns be better served by outlawing divorce. Afterall it's divorce that impacts the marriage arrangement.

Last edited by BrianK on 04-Apr-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 17:07:34
#124 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Nope... no defeat here mate as their is nothing in this thread that I actually care about or applies to me personally...

You can quote all the polls & petitions you want but the simple fact remains that they are all based on a tiny minority of the overall population...

You show me a poll or petition signed by more than half of the UK's population then I'll give it some credence...

Don't go bringing science into this thread (it too easy as it is showing up your flawed arguments on the subject in hand already without me running circles round you with science too)...

The definition of marriage as it currently stands may be sensible to you personally but to others the definition is far from sensible, so why not just accept that your personal opinion is fine for you and let others if they want have it changed to what would be sensible and fine to them...

The definition of marriage in this country has changed numerous times and will do so again whether you, I or anyone else likes it or not...

PS: THIS THREAD IS NOW DEAD AND IS SPEAKING TO US FROM THE OTHER SIDE

BigD 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 17:23:28
#125 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
You show me a poll or petition signed by more than half of the UK's population then I'll give it some credence...

I have already explained to you what a high petition value is and yet you still bang on about half the population this and it's only this number of % points of the total population of the UK! Well a lot of the population of the UK are children and the petition is only for those over the age of 16. A lot of people haven't heard about the petition yet, though it has had national coverage in the media so that has helped. But what you have to come to terms with is a lot of people just don't sign petitions, heck not even the entire population turns out to vote for a General Election (and you get sent a polling card by the Government)!!!! But as far as petitions go this is a BIG ONE!! You can bet a lot of people are paying attention even if you aren't!!!

390,000 and counting!!!

P.S. It is not an anonymous petition as it requires a postcode, Christian name and surname of the person signing up. These are definitely real people with an issue with Government steamrollering the redefinition of marriage!

Last edited by BigD on 04-Apr-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 17:31:04
#126 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Franko

But what you have to come to terms with is a lot of people just don't sign petitions, heck not even the entire population turns out to vote for a General Election (and you get sent a polling card by the Government)!!!! But as far as petitions go this is a BIG ONE!! You can bet a lot of people are paying attention even if you aren't!!!

390,000 and counting!!!

Sigh... you don't get it do you...

I know all of that, that's the reason why polls mean absolutely nothing...

If only a minority bother to sign them them or even view them, then how on earth can that minorities opinion speak for the majority...

I know in this day and age common sense is lacking amongst the populace but even you've got to be able to understand the simple facts that polls are not an accurate way to predict anything let alone use them to base an argument on...

Nimrod 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 18:16:58
#127 ]

@BigD

Quote:
390,000 and counting!!!
So your pressure group has managed to convince 0.75% of the adult population of the UK. To put it a bit more clearly for you, 99.25% of the population are so unperturbed by this that you cannot persuade them to follow a link and click a mouse button. This is a slightly larger majority than the 70% claimed by the DT. And since it is derived from your own boasts you can hardly deny it as a fact, nor can you deny that you are part of a very small, but very demanding minority.

Forcing more than 99% of the population to follow rules set by less than 1% is NOT democracy.

BrianK 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 19:20:54
#128 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
P.S. It is not an anonymous petition as it requires a postcode, Christian name and surname of the person signing up. These are definitely real people with an issue with Government steamrollering the redefinition of marriage!

Appears to me no checking is taking place. The CF1 post code of Cardiff worked fine. So perhaps a check there. Though I didn't use Captain Jack cuz you know he exists in Cardiff. Though I doubt that Mr. Wasdghes is real. So certainly we know there's at least 1 vote fake in there now. I wonder how many more there are.

The other problem here is the page lacks the ability to count the opposition. We can't tell the number that oppose this as there appears to be no link there to vote 'Bullocks'. Does your opponent crowd have their own petition so we can check the # against this?

BigD 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 20:23:59
#129 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Does your opponent crowd have their own petition so we can check the # against this?

Their total is 38,437, but as you're from the U.S. I don't think you can sign these petitions. Although you can obviously waste your time by signing the petition as Captain Jack or other such tripe

BrianK 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 21:00:51
#130 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
Their total is 38,437, but as you're from the U.S. I don't think you can sign these petitions. Although you can obviously waste your time by signing the petition as Captain Jack or other such tripe

They appear to have no IP Filters. I entered a Cardiff CF1 and a fake name along with fake email and it was accepted. Or at least the page told me it was accepted.

Let's see 391,001 have signed to date. Buckingham Place, SW1A 1AA, works. "Thank you, now share with others " 391,007 now.

So it seems not only I can waste my time. If the bigots want to up their headcount with fraudlent entries it appears to be very easy to do.

BigD 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 21:04:11
#131 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
Forcing more than 99% of the population to follow rules set by less than 1% is NOT democracy.

Obviously, there is a silent majority represented by the large petition (390,000 is huge in comparison to any recent petition see HERE). To again try and put the figures in context; 390,000 is well on the way to 500,000 which would put the petition signatories at more than the entire number of homosexuals in the UK (stands at around 480,000). As only 38,437 have signed the other pro-redefinition petition it seems that the other 441,500 odd homosexuals are simply not bothered about redefining marriage! I say leave well alone David Cameron if you know what's good for your re-election prospects.

Last edited by BigD on 04-Apr-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 21:54:08
#132 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

What is it with you and the constant quoting of the figure 390,000...

Don't you get it !!!, Don't you understand !!! that figure means absolutely nothing as it is a miniscule fraction of the UK's entire population...

No matter how many times to bandy that figure about it's not going to change anyones mind or achieve anything here...

Until now I had given you benefit of the doubt and considered you intelligent and just partaking in a debate about something but now I have my doubts, as no matter how often here it has been shown to you that figure is meaningless, you still post it like its some undeniable fact that you are right and everyone else is wrong...

Give it a rest fer gawds sake and come up with something new to say... pleeeeeaaaasssseeeeee...

vox 
Posted on 4-Apr-2012 22:07:22
#133 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
390,000 and counting!!!

Its wrongly appealing, a redefinition of marriage doesn`t hurt opposite sex marriage not in any way. It will be 90%+ of marriages too.

Real question is "what do you have against marriage of same sex couple if they desire to do so"? It is important step in every life and shows bond, affiliation and care.

Quote:
MARRIAGE IS UNIQUE

True and that argument should go FOR same sex couple marriage.
Evidence shows children fostered by gay couples do better then staying in institutions.

Quote:
it's better for a child to be raised with love and security than being unhappy in a milieu where hatred and emotional instability occur. Several studies confirm that a child raised in a loving and happy household becomes a responsible citizen, no matter what his/her parents' sexuality was. Love is better than hatred,.. what ever we are.

Quote:
PROFOUND CONSEQUENCES

Very untrue and biggot, those already married or opposite sex marring will have no consequences by redefinition of marriage as union of two partners - because they are partners too.

Quote:
NO NEED TO REDEFINE

If civic union is so fine, why not discrediting concept of marriage for all?

Its far more propaganda then fact based

Dutch tune about two fathers
Sineads Head Irish pro same sex marriage video

Best thing to understand situation is to imagine same but opposite situation:
what if LGBTs had "traditional marriage" and are majority and you need a public poll to redefine marriage but you have a civic union granted.

Christians don`t worry. It won`t be in Church.

BigD 
Posted on 5-Apr-2012 6:48:58
#134 ]
Elite Member

@vox

Quote:

Yeah, but for how long? It was also promised in 2005 that Civil Partnerships were the be all and end all, but that quickly changed.

C4M information;

"People are already being punished for their views on traditional marriage

If the law is changed there is great concern that, increasingly, people will be punished in their
careers, charities will be closed down and couples will be prevented from fostering, all because of their views on traditional marriage.
• Adrian Smith, a housing manager in Manchester was demoted and had his salary cut by 40%
because of his views on marriage expressed on his Facebook page.29
• Former leader of the SNP, Gordon Wilson, was voted off the board of Dundee Citizens Advice
Bureau for supporting traditional marriage.30
• Islington Council effectively sacked registrar, Lillian Ladele, for refusing to register same-sex
civil partnerships.31
• Peter and Hazelmary Bull, the owners of a B&B in Cornwall, have been forced to pay £3,600
in damages to a same-sex couple because they restricted double rooms to married couples.
They applied the same policy to unmarried heterosexuals.32
• Almost all Roman Catholic adoption agencies have been closed down because of their views
on traditional marriage.33
• The Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, has been sent “abusive and threatening” racist
emails after speaking out against same-sex marriage.34
• David Burrowes MP received a death threat and hate mail after speaking out in support of
traditional marriage.35
If marriage is redefined there would be important implications for parents – would they have the
right to have their children withdrawn from lessons which promote it? And would teachers also
have a right of conscience so that they would not have to teach gay marriage?"

Quote:
Evidence shows children fostered by gay couples do better then staying in institutions.

Only 60 babies were adopted in 2011 because of bureaucracy not because of a lack of caring mothers and fathers in married couples that wanted to adopt. A 'married' couple is the ideal so our adoption agencies should strive to place children with one father and one mother preferably.

Quote:
Real question is "what do you have against marriage of same sex couple if they desire to do so"? It is important step in every life and shows bond, affiliation and care.

Civil Partnership gives them the opportunity to do that and see below as to the negative affects of a change to the law.

C4M information;

"The slippery slope to further redefinitions
The evidence from around the world is that once marriage is treated as having a flexible definition, pressure grows for that definition to be changed yet again. This should be no surprise as there are advocates of same-sex marriage who openly support also changing the law to permit polygamy.36

Netherlands
In Holland, same-sex marriage was introduced in 2001. Since then, three-way relationships have
been given legal recognition through a “cohabitation agreement”.37

Mexico City
Mexico City introduced same-sex marriage in 2009, and now two-year fixed-term marriages have
been proposed. Instead of divorce the two-year marriage is not renewed.38

Canada
Same-sex marriage legislation in 2005 replaced the term “natural parent” with “legal parent” in
Canadian law.39 In January 2007 an Ontario appeal court ruled that a child can legally have three
parents.40 In British Columbia there are major attempts to legalise polygamy through the courts
using the precedent of same-sex marriage.41

Spain
Same-sex marriage was legalised in 2005. The following year it was announced that birth
certificates would read “Progenitor A” and “Progenitor B” instead of father and mother.42
Massachusetts
In November 2003 a Massachusetts court said same-sex marriage had to be legalised and gave
six months for it to be introduced. In response, the State Department of Public Health changed the standard marriage certificate to read “Party A” and “Party B,” instead of “husband” and “wife”.43"

Last edited by BigD on 05-Apr-2012 at 06:50 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 5-Apr-2012 6:57:09
#135 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:

Ok, no need to repeat it as it's 391,335 now!

As I keep saying this is the biggest recent petition since the one to reject national toll roads (which got almost 2 million signatories which is probably still not enough to grab your attention) and well on the way to have more signatories than the ENTIRE HOMOSEXUAL POPULATION OF THE UK!!

So much for the pink vote!

BrianK 
Posted on 5-Apr-2012 11:21:53
#136 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
It was also promised in 2005 that Civil Partnerships were the be all and end all.
I think you have reason to worry that they'd legislated the bigotory out of the church. At one time the churches refused to marry black or interracial couples. And in some cases they still want to keep up that bigotory.
http://www.rippdemup.com/2011/12/kentucky-church-bans-interracial-couples-refuses-to-perform-marriages/.
With history as our guide I'm certain many churches would want to keep up the current gay limitations and discriminations.

As for online polling. I demonstrated twice that fraudulent votes were easy to cast. So again we can't be sure these people are real. Additionally this poll is one sided one can't vote in opposite of the poll and be counted. Perhaps the opposition has even larger numbers. In the USA we are seeing a trend of growth in popularity of allowing same-sex marriage. IMO its the bigots driving the consideration more so than the gays. It's the conservative Republicans getting the issue on the voting ballots not liberal or pro-gay voices.

Last edited by BrianK on 05-Apr-2012 at 11:27 AM.

vox 
Posted on 5-Apr-2012 11:56:17
#137 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
Quote: Christians don`t worry. It won`t be in Church. Yeah, but for how long? It was also promised in 2005 that Civil Partnerships were the be all and end all, but that quickly changed.

Well, there are few protestant communities that accept LGBT but that is tiny minority.
As long as Church and state are separated, Church can continue with its discriminative views which oppose equality of human beings as well as most of Christs message.

What is the problem to understand is that LGBT persons are humans like we all are, and therefore shouldn`t be deprived of any legal rights, neither that will really put anyone in danger for itself.

What do we lack here is realistic exponation how "redefining the marriage" harms "traditional family"

quote]C4M information; ". • Adrian Smith, a housing manager in Manchester was demoted and had his salary cut by 40% because of his views on marriage expressed on his Facebook page.29 •[/quote]

Would love to see justification of salary deduction based on some personal view. However FB should be treated as media, and such should not be open to violence, hate and discrimination, but is poorly protected in those. Just like YouToube it is harbour for extremists and neonazi propaganda.

[Quote:
Peter and Hazelmary Bull, the owners of a B&B in Cornwall, have been forced to pay £3,600 in damages to a same-sex couple because they restricted double rooms to married couples. They applied the same policy to unmarried heterosexuals.

If its their own private business they should be allowed to make policy of their own, even if they can potentially harm their incomes.

Quote:
Almost all Roman Catholic adoption agencies have been closed down because of their views on traditional marriage

Church is solely responsible for providing social services, however they must comply with fostering / adoption legislation such as family law and have professional stuff e.g. social workers. Under these conditions, state cannot close them down, only Church.

Quote:
The Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, has been sent “abusive and threatening” racist emails after speaking out against same-sex marriage.

Its a strange thing when those who wan`t to discriminate and victimize become target of the same behavior. Should be a lesson to all not to.

Quote:
[quote]If marriage is redefined there would be important implications for parents – would they have the right to have their children withdrawn from lessons which promote it? And would teachers also have a right of conscience so that they would not have to teach gay marriage?

Gay marriage is not a school lesson, it will simply be included with sentence that it is possible and existing, why withdrawing children and teachers? Does it mean that teaching that sky is blue is dangerous too?

Quote:
Only 60 babies were adopted in 2011 because of bureaucracy not because of a lack of caring mothers and fathers in married couples that wanted to adopt. A 'married' couple is the ideal so our adoption agencies should strive to place children with one father and one mother preferably.

Fostering and adoption are two different processes. Its not often just bureaucracy that halts it but also question of motivation, parental skills and ultimately acceptance of new parents by child. Its not shopping. However, gay couple with adequate parental skills and income shouldn`t be excluded as applicant.

Quote:
In response, the State Department of Public Health changed the standard marriage certificate to read “Party A” and “Party B,” instead of “husband” and
“wife”.43"

Or Partner A and B. And there is no discrimination for wife and husband there, just reflects new reality.

Overall, LGBT persons can be fully functional and creative, love and caring to each other and children. Doesn`t represent only sexual perverts, pedophiles and predators or AIDS infectees as often miss-represented. In fact, much more sexual abuses and rapes are committed by heterosexuals, even in population to cases ratio.

Sexologists like Kinsey clearly stated that sexual orientations are widespread and that even LGBT and homosexuals are simplifications (see Kinsey scale).

If you desire so, there is a long list of famous LGBTs on Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gay,_lesbian_or_bisexual_people

Denying that they do form a family as couple is hiding the eyes from the reality of human race. Social attitudes have been discriminative towards them even longer then towards females or race minorities, and its about time we set things right.

Its is "natural" among the humans and exists even among the animals. yes they cannot procreate, but they deserve to live a happy and fulfilling life.

And there is very few reasonable arguments against. Those who say that should apply same restrictions on themselves first, to test the effects of their arguments,

vox 
Posted on 5-Apr-2012 12:14:42
#138 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
As I keep saying this is the biggest recent petition since the one to reject national toll roads (which got almost 2 million signatories which is probably still not enough to grab your attention) and well on the way to have more signatories than the ENTIRE HOMOSEXUAL POPULATION OF THE UK!!

Not a problem since it plays on false fear that traditional marriage will be destroyed and lost. But how do you feel about depriving couple tens of hundreds thousand persons of depriving them of the right to celebrate and legally bond their relation?

Reading Wiki article summs many aspects
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_sex_marriage

But what antropologists and psychologists say on its effects
should be highly valued.

In West Europe, its coming. What will be a real difficulty with traditonals is East Europe, Africa and Latin America, due to religion and culture, where the LGBT rights stand at much lower discussion level of facing day to day discrimination.

This is the top peak in eqialization and in fact you should be proud about it.

Most LGBT tolerant culture are Buddhists.

Franko 
Posted on 5-Apr-2012 12:29:27
#139 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Franko

Quote:

Ok, no need to repeat it as it's 391,335 now!

Well seeing as how you like numbers so much here's one for you...

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

That number is a factual number that represents how much polls numbers actualy mean in terms of being relative or accurate to anything...

It's true, I was told it once by a drunken Telegraph reporter who got if from a medically retired civil servant who use to work in the little known government dept of Made Up Facts during the Thatcher era...

Last edited by Franko on 05-Apr-2012 at 12:29 PM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 5-Apr-2012 14:35:18
#140 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@vox

Quote:

Yeah, but for how long? It was also promised in 2005 that Civil Partnerships were the be all and end all, but that quickly changed.

C4M information;

"People are already being punished for their views on traditional marriage

If the law is changed there is great concern that, increasingly, people will be punished in their
careers, charities will be closed down and couples will be prevented from fostering, all because of their views on traditional marriage.

OK here you go, scaremongering again.

To understand what is being proposed, read my post #111 again, or read the government consultation webpage.

I'll quote some things from the very government that are proposing the change that prove you are distorting reality (again) to suit your own agenda.

"We are not proposing any changes to marriages conducted on religious premises. This means that in law, marriages conducted by the Church of England, Quakers, Jews and all other religious organisation (who have registered their religious premises to host marriages) would only be legally recognised if they are between a man and a woman."

"The government is committed to building a fairer society and ensuring fair treatment and equal opportunities for all, including people of all religions. As we are only seeking to lift the ban on same-sex couples getting married through a civil ceremony, we would ensure that any subsequent legislation on equal civil marriage is clear that marriages conducted according to religious rites and on religious premises could not be between a same-sex couple. This would mean that no religious organisation, premises, or leader would face a successful legal challenge for failing to perform a marriage for a same-sex couple, whether or not the religious organisation, premises or leader involved performs marriages for opposite-sex couples. Any changes to the legislation as a result of this consultation will not, legally, enable same-sex couples to have a marriage through a religious ceremony and on religious premises."

"We are also aware that the doctrines of many faiths hold the view that marriage can only be between a man and a woman, and this belief is contained within the teachings of their faith. We are clear that no one should face successful legal action for hate speech or discrimination if they preach their belief that marriage should only be between a man and a woman."

See? In law they are establishing your right to not agree, to speak publicly about your disagreement and protecting you, your religion (and all other religions) from ever having to adopt these new laws now, or at any point in the future. In other word, it will be illegal to discriminate against you and your like for your beliefs and or lifestyle.

Funny, that. That's the same rights Gay people want as well.

(Edits to highlight key points)

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 05-Apr-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 05-Apr-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Google Translate

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle