Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 134 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 clint:  32 mins ago
 RickSkid:  42 mins ago
 bhabbott:  47 mins ago
 BigD:  50 mins ago
 Diane:  52 mins ago
 VooDoo:  56 mins ago
 A1200:  1 hr ago
 pixie:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 retrofaza:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 34 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
BigD 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 22:36:38
#1561 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
As discrimination ends in our societies it will invariably be that people of any faith are pushed out of work.

Wake up and smell the persecution brewing. How dare you say that as discrimination ends other groups will end up being persecuted. You sick sick individual. How on Earth is this selective view of discrimination and the resulting bias towards gay rights better than the status quo?! People who believe in marriage deserve to live without fear of losing their job for having an opinion contrary to yours!

What I was pointing out was that in the UK civil partnerships offer legal rights that are exactly equivalent to marriage! You are out of touch with what has happened here. The crusade you're fighting was won in the UK in 2005 when the Civil Partnership Act was passed and practising homosexuals had the choice to form committed relationships with people of the same sex and gain inheritance, tax and goods and provision benefits exactly on par with marriage!

The issue in case you can't see the wood from the trees is that your proposals to completely redefine marriage will lead to untold persecution just because you have decreed that marriage should be dismantled as it's offensive to homosexual sensitivities. Well I'm sorry but marriage has served both the UK and the USA very well thank you very much and you can go back and study your history in more detail before you again attempt to draw ridiculous comparisons with the American Civil Right Movement and Martin Luther King

One saving grace this week has been the sensible victory in UK courts for Adrian Smith a Housing Trust Manager who was demoted for posting the comment that gay marriages in church represented "an equality too far", on his PERSONAL Facebook page! Lots of people hold this view and I don't consider that homosexual marriage is needed to gain equality as civil partnerships already give that. I do find it staggering that Mr Smith's managers don't consider his opinion to be valid or to be tolerated and consider it of such threat to working environment of his work place that they demoted him.

Thankfully the law courts have seen sense and held that Trafford Housing Trust acted illegally and that he is perfectly entitled to his opinion. Anyone would think we were the ones trying to change the law

The Independent: Victory for Christian demoted over gay marriage comments

Even Stonewall have had to accept that this was very heavy handed;

Quote:
Andy Wasley, from LGB rights charity Stonewall, said: “We’ll read the full ruling with interest, but the treatment of Mr Smith did seem a little heavy-handed given that he had temperately expressed his point of view....”

These people who try and stamp their warped view of a world without marriage should be exposed for the intolerant bullies that they are. This isn't about equality it is a concerted effort to destroy a cherished institution that the majority of the UK support and value because they see that it benefits families, couples, children and the whole of society a great deal.

Profile     Report this post  
Nimrod 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 23:08:35
#1562 ]

@BigD

Quote:
People who believe in marriage deserve to live without fear of losing their job
I totally agree, however Lilian Ladele was not sacked for being a christian Lilian Ladele lost her job because she breached the conditions of her contract of employment, by refusing to carry out all of the duties required. She would have also lost her job if she had refused to marry Hindus, Jews , or Muslims. All of these would be people who CHOSE to hold different beliefs than those held by Ladele, but no less valid in law. The laws of this country are decided by parliament, not some self proclaimed, self righteous individual who makes it up as she goes along while claiming divine infallibility. ladele decided that she did not have to perform all of her tasks, while demanding that people she treated as abominations take up the extra work required to keep her employer in compliance with the law.

Quote:
the Civil Partnership Act was passed and practising homosexuals had the choice to form committed relationships with people of the same sex and gain inheritance, tax and goods and provision benefits exactly on par with marriage!
I can quote one particular instance in which Civil Partnership is most definitely not equivalent to marriage. If a religious group recognises same sex marriage they are currently not permitted to perform a marriage between the two individuals despite their beliefs on the matter. Your particular religious prejudice also refuses to recognise the validity of my own marriage despite the fact that I am a heterosexual male, married to a heterosexual female. Also my marriage would be recognised as a marriage even if my wife and I had married in a different country. This was not the case with the legal marriage of a Canadian couple whose Canadian marriage was not recognised in this country.

Quote:
This isn't about equality it is a concerted effort to destroy a cherished institution
Nobody is seeking to outlaw marriage, and nobody is seeking to make homosexuality compulsory. The intent is to spread the benefits of marriage to a wider audience. The only ones seeking to impose limitations is your own privileged minority, seeking to maintain that undeserved privilege, by whatever dishonest and deceitful means necessary.

BigD 
Posted on 16-Nov-2012 23:28:50
#1563 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
Your particular religious prejudice also refuses to recognise the validity of my own marriage despite the fact that I am a heterosexual male, married to a heterosexual female.

Rubbish, how do you figure that? You're not claiming to be a Christian and your wife is not a Christian yet you still value your marriage and gain a great many blessings from it. That is the same for many non-Christians who want to keep marriage the way it is.

The Biblical teaching on not being yoked to an unbeliever are obviously only for true Christians as neither you or your wife either take the Bible seriously or have been "saved" and "born again", I fail to see why you care what the Bible says!!!

As regards to Lilian Ladele the legality Islington Council's decisions have been decided by case-law not by parliamentary laws. The legal responsibility to carry out Civil Partnerships lay with her employer and not the individual registrars. The Council were not legally binded to proceed in this intolerant manner of forcing Lilian from her job!

Quote:
If a religious group recognises same sex marriage they are currently not permitted to perform a marriage between the two individuals despite their beliefs on the matter.

Marriage is the voluntary union for life of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others and it doesn't need changing. No inequality exists and there is no plans to have civil marriage in church premises even if the redefinition goes ahead so I fail to see why your mentioning it!

Last edited by BigD on 16-Nov-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 0:50:29
#1564 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

You really have lost the plot...

Nimrod 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 0:53:29
#1565 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Rubbish, how do you figure that? You're not claiming to be a Christian and your wife is not a Christian yet you still value your marriage
Just as you claimed that T-J attended a catholic faith school based on absolutely no evidence,other than it suited you to make the claim, you now claim that neither I nor my wife are christians based on no evidence other than wishful thinking. If you had any honesty at all you would remember having accused my wife and myself of incest, I admitted to being in a mixed religion marriage, but you would rather deliberately tell lies than face the truth. While it is true that I am not one of your particular chosen few, my wife converted to a christian church many years ago. And now, because christian evangelists recruited my wife, bigots such as yourself claim that she "should not remain yoked to an unbeliever" It is for this reason that you personally are a greater threat to the sanctity of my marriage that every homosexual on the face of this planet combined.

I also notice how quickly Jews change in your view from "Gods chosen" to unbelievers that christians should not remain yoked to. The term for this is hypocrisy.

Quote:
As regards to Lilian Ladele the legality Islington Council's decisions have been decided by case-law not by parliamentary laws
The requirement for Islington council to register civil partnerships came about as a result of laws passed in parliament. Ladeles employers had to provide this service and designated their registrars to carry out this obligation as part of their duties as registrars. The fact that Ladele placed herself above the concept of parliamentary democracy demonstrates tha arrogance of your and her privileged group.

Quote:
Marriage is the voluntary union for life of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others
Breaking news for you. There exists a concept called divorce, and under equality laws, it is available to christians, which probably explains why many christians divorce their spouses. The definitions of who can and cannot marry differ depending on where you live, and have frequently changed over time. This will be just one more change among many, and it will not destroy the concept of marriage, neither will it influence the decisions of heterosexuals wanting to marry

Quote:
No inequality exists and there is no plans to have civil marriage in church premises even if the redefinition goes ahead so I fail to see why your mentioning it!
There may indeed be no plans to carry out same sex marriages in your particular church, but you are not the sole arbiter of all faiths standpoints on this issue. there are many religious groups that accept and embrace this change as another step on the road to equality. Their religious beliefs are no more or less valid than your own. nobody is seeking to prevent you from holding your beliefs, just as nobody is seeking to force you into a homosexual liaison. You on the other hand have continually sought to impose your unjustified restrictions on to others

BrianK 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 2:08:22
#1566 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
How dare you say that as discrimination ends other groups will end up being persecuted
It's simply a fact that Christian slave owners lost their jobs when slavery ended. Their discrimination was no longer allowed and therefore they lost their job. Or more properly had to take a new job.

Quote:
How on Earth is this selective view of discrimination
Hating the haters is fair and appropriate. Allowing them to retain control and power is cowardice.

Quote:
People who believe in marriage deserve to live without fear of losing their job for having an opinion contrary to yours!
Anyone can have a job. They simply cannot use their personal bias to discriminate and deny me government services. Thus, if I want a gay marriage they shouldn't deny that. Nor can I use my bias and force you to use the government service. So I promise to not force you to get a gay marriage. Oh and BTW I love marriage too. So much so that it should be available for everyone to determine in the way they best decide suits them.

Quote:
just because you have decreed that marriage should be dismantled
No one said marriage should be dismantled. And again the facts in the USA demonstrate states with gay-marriage have less divorce and less single parent homes. The opposite effect you claim them to have. We should be making decisions on observed data not your emotions.

BigD 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 12:47:11
#1567 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
t's simply a fact that Christian slave owners lost their jobs when slavery ended.

I can't believe how deluded and out of touch you are. How can you compare a Christian registrars, Christian B&B owners and Christian Housing Trust managers to slave owners?! You are such an intolerant person masquerading as the saviour of practising homosexuals!

Quote:
Hating the haters is fair and appropriate.

Who said people that supporters of marriage hate practising homosexuals? Where do you get this conclusion from? I have nothing but compassion for people that have homosexual attraction lusts and feelings. I only wish more of them were willing to ask for help and work through the impulsions so that they could lead a happier life rather than getting wrapped up in the promiscuous homosexual lifestyle which can wipe up to 20 years off their life expectancy!!!

Quote:
Anyone can have a job.... So I promise to not force you to get a gay marriage

When did I say that I was worried about being forced into a homosexual marriage? While it is true that schools would be forced to teach that homosexuality is a valid life choice thereby further pushing the gay agenda on vulnerable children, the main issue with your argument is that the redefinition will mean Christians are excluded from the public sector workforce! That my friend is discrimination of a high magnitude! Practising homosexuals having a civil partnership rather than a marriage is not persecution it's common sense!!!

Quote:
No one said marriage should be dismantled.

That's precisely what is being proposed. Rewriting the meaning of marriage will have a far reaching impact on UK society. Over 3,000 laws make reference to marriage. The UK Government was already admitted that official documents will need to be rewritten to remove words like 'husband' and 'wife'. In France the Government is eradicating the words 'father' and 'mother' from ALL official documents. The Church of England has warned that it could lead to disestablishment and a constitutional crisis.

BigD 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 12:53:28
#1568 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
While it is true that I am not one of your particular chosen few, my wife converted to a christian church many years ago. And now, because christian evangelists recruited my wife, bigots such as yourself claim that she "should not remain yoked to an unbeliever" I

As already explained to you in post #1373, if indeed she is a 'born again' believer she is taught to remain as your wife. I am surprised she has never mentioned this teaching to you.

1 Corinthians 7:14
Quote:
For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

No church would teach that a Christian already married should break up their marriage. The 'yoked to an unbeliever' guidance is for already 'saved' Christians thinking about getting married to unbelievers.

Hopefully, you still allow her to go to church and have no problem with her taking your children to church. However, if you put your foot down and said the children can't go to church she is called to honour your decisions, that is why it is far more difficult for her to live a Christian life while married to an unbeliever. Having been saved while already married to you this is the difficult path she has been chosen to travel.

Last edited by BigD on 17-Nov-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 17-Nov-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Last edited by BigD on 17-Nov-2012 at 12:54 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 13:18:22
#1569 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
This will be just one more change among many, and it will not destroy the concept of marriage, neither will it influence the decisions of heterosexuals wanting to marry

How wrong you are. There is already evidence from both the Netherlands and Spain the the introduction of homosexual marriage there caused a dramatic and terminal decline of marriage.

As stated by myself in post #1423;

Quote:
Spain; after gay marriage was introduced, marriage rates across the whole population plummeted.

Netherlands; marriage rates decreased substantially after gay marriage was introduced.

Rob 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 14:03:39
#1570 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
The Biblical teaching on not being yoked to an unbeliever

By the way, what happened to that friend of yours who escaped the cul.. err I mean, was being led down the path of the devil by an unbeliever she'd met?

BrianK 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 15:02:00
#1571 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
How can you compare a Christian registrars, Christian B&B owners and Christian Housing Trust managers to Christian slave owners?!
They are comparable in the sense that in all cases Christians held up their book of faith as the reason the rest of the nation could not make laws that were less discriminatory in nature. In the United States our laws are derived from men not from God. We are a diverse nation of many different faiths with different understanding of God and even with different gods. Freedom exists when the people can make their own choices. Each time laws ending discrimination have been enacted freedom has increased. And that's a good thing.

In short we come from two different angles. I believe that freedom of an individual to self determine is a strong positive impact on society. You believe that everyone must follow your faith's interpetitation of God, even non-believers. Your view is people must follow the rules that your version of SkyDaddy claims. The result is your view is a more restrictive and less free society.

Quote:
Who said people that supporters of marriage hate practising homosexuals?
YOU! You claimed the B&B owner is justified in rejecting homosexuals. When you claimed that it's justified a worker places her views in front of national laws and deny legally permissionable service to gays. These sorts of rejection are hate not love or acceptance or respect.

Quote:
the redefinition will mean Christians are excluded from the public sector workforce
I doubt it. Just like Christians were for and against women's rights, for and against civil rights, for and against interracial marriage, for and against slavery, we see Christians for and against gay marriage. So, Christians accepting less discrimination will, of course, be employed.

Quote:
That's precisely what is being proposed
Marriage has clearly not been dismantled by other nations or US States enabling gay marriage. Extending the right to determine who one will marry from 90% of the population to 10% of the population has resulted, at worst, with no changes and, at best, creating areas of society that have lower divorce and lowe single mother rates. The facts betray your opinion.

Quote:
The UK Government was already admitted that official documents will need to be rewritten to remove words like 'husband' and 'wife'. In France the Government is eradicating the words 'father' and 'mother' from ALL official documents
In the US no one removed the words 'father and mother' from law. It's not necessary. And yes terms of husband and wife may need to be changed to 'married couple'. It's a one time minimal expense. That is an acceptable cost. When other discriminatory laws existed such as 'men only' and 'whites only' they were rewritten. A worthy small one-time cost.

Nimrod 
Posted on 17-Nov-2012 16:24:37
#1572 ]

@BigD

Irt seems that once again a christian bigot has chosen to refuse to perform his allotted duties causing massive inconvenience to others, and possibly causing additional hardship and expense. EVIDENCE .
If somebody was made late for work by his refusal to do his job and was docked pay, would the bus driver or his supporters recompense them for their losses? If an unemployed person missed their appointment to sign on, and had their benefit withdrawn for 13 weeks as in the usual response by the benefit office, would the bus driver responsible give them an equivalent amount of money?

Quote:
Hopefully, you still allow her to go to church
And what makes you think that I wouldn't. Unlike you I believe in the concept of freedom of conscience for all, not just the self appointed few. My sons all made their own decisions and those decisions are respected by both my wife and myself, because unlike you, my wife is not judgemental or hate filled, and we are both able to accept that others have the right to make decisions that she and I would not have made.

Quote:
The Church of England has warned that it could lead to disestablishment and a constitutional crisis.
The most recent figures for the average total attendance of the C of E is 1.1 million. This is out of a population of over 60 million. Would you care to explain why 1.8% of the population of this country should have the right of veto over the rest of the poulation? Disestablisment of this increasingly irrelevant self-promoting pressure group can only be seen as an improvement in a democratic system. Once this happens we will finally be making progress to get rid of the stain of Cromwells theocratic oppression. The perils of putting theocracy at the heart of lawmaking are clearly demonstrated in the events surrounding the death of a Hindu dentist in Ireland

T-J 
Posted on 18-Nov-2012 2:11:41
#1573 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

Quote:
How wrong you are. There is already evidence from both the Netherlands and Spain the the introduction of homosexual marriage there caused a dramatic and terminal decline of marriage.

'Dramatic and terminal', eh?

Last I checked, people in the Netherlands and Spain still got married.

Also, you've already been called on the lie about the nonexistent decline due to homosexuality.

Its clear that you're just inventing 'evidence' where none exists to suit your persecution complex. Again, get help, because really this paranoia that somehow heterosexual marriage is so fragile it won't survive gay marriage is becoming dull.

You also still haven't addressed the point of your cheapening marriage equality to meaning the right to have sex in a B&B, which brings us round to the next issue: telling BrianK that marriage equality has already been achieved in the UK.

This is a lie - if it were true, you'd have nothing left to oppose. As it is, there is a ban on conducting any religious ceremony in context of a same sex union, regardless of the participants' and their religion's views on the matter. Surely a self-proclaimed crusader for religious freedom can see the issue here?

No? Well, I'll give you a hand: If you're allowed to legislate against those religious beliefs, then what is there to stop these phantom fascists you imagine lurking behind every lamppost from legislating against yours? (apart from the fact that they don't exist, of course)

Fair's fair, you reap what you sow, and all that.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 18-Nov-2012 10:18:29
#1574 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 18-Nov-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Google Translate

Franko 
Posted on 18-Nov-2012 11:03:47
#1575 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

If you spend as much time reading biased newspapers and scouring the net for polls as BigD does, your eyesight (as well as your brain) will be knackered too and everything will look like a duck…

PS: Oi, BigD… get some therapy you nutter…

AndyC 
Posted on 18-Nov-2012 15:16:45
#1576 ]

@SpaceDruid

Genius.

BigD, and people like him, have the reasoning capacity of a two by four. Blind, unrelenting ignorance.

AndyC

BigD 
Posted on 19-Nov-2012 0:51:40
#1577 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
This is a lie - if it were true, you'd have nothing left to oppose. As it is, there is a ban on conducting any religious ceremony in context of a same sex union, regardless of the participants' and their religion's views on the matter. Surely a self-proclaimed crusader for religious freedom can see the issue here?

No? Well, I'll give you a hand: If you're allowed to legislate against those religious beliefs, then what is there to stop these phantom fascists you imagine lurking behind every lamppost from legislating against yours? (apart from the fact that they don't exist, of course)

Fair's fair, you reap what you sow, and all that.

It is true that equality has already been reached with civil partnerships and what follows next is evidence that the gay rights agenda (as kick started by the Gay Liberation Front Manifesto in 1971) is very much alive and well.

There will be no religious gay homosexual marriage ceremonies whether marriage is redefined or not. This change is simply not on the cards in this current debate.

The Quakers and Unitarian churches are in no way representative of Christian churches. They are acting it complete defiance of Biblical teaching by calling for Same Sex Marriage and should not be considered 'Christian' denominations!

Faith in Jesus Christ as the one and only way to God is not simply another religion among many it is the only way to gain forgiveness of sin, escape from an eternity in hell and to gain eternal life. No other person can guarantee freedom from sin and a right relationship with God. None of the false gods can guarantee this and it is entirely wrong for you to speak about the cult-like beliefs of the Quakers and Unitarians as on par with 'Christian' belief.

From the Unitarians website;

Quote:
The Unitarian movement arose and evolved in the Christian tradition. Today, most Unitarians in Britain are happy to acknowledge this living relationship in some way. Many are glad to call themselves Free or liberal Christians.

It is recognised that there are many people who find difficulty with the Jewish-Christian tradition. Unitarians are concerned to provide fellowship and worship which, while respecting the liberal Christian tradition, will have meaning for them too. Among Unitarians, there are those who find the focus of their faith elsewhere than in liberal Christianity, for example in religious humanism or Creation Spirituality.

They might as well be pagans.

From the Quaker Wiki entry;
Quote:
Quaker Renaissance: move towards liberalism in Great Britain

In the late 19th century and early 20th century, a religious movement known as the Quaker Renaissance movement, began within London Yearly Meeting. Young Friends in London Yearly Meeting, at this time, moved away from evangelicalism, and towards liberal Christianity.[39] This Quaker Renaissance movement was particularly influenced by John Wilhelm Rowntree, Edward Grubb, and Rufus Jones. These Liberal Friends promoted the theory of evolution, modern biblical criticism, and the social meaning of Jesus Christ's teaching, — encouraging Friends to follow the New Testament example of Christ by performing good works. These Quaker men downplayed the evangelical Quaker belief in the atonement of Christ on the Cross at Calvary.

They basically downplay Christ's sacrificial death and atonement for our sins and now believe they can work themselves into heaven

These are cults and schisms rather than Christian churches. Again more minority groups that have no right to destroy marriage that the majority hold dear!

AndyC 
Posted on 19-Nov-2012 12:33:39
#1578 ]

@BigD

As per my previous questions, which have gone unanswered, here are some similar points I want you to answer, if you can...

1) Do you believe that the Earth is spherical (more or less) and orbits the sun?
2) Do you believe in the Duck Billed Platypus?

Obviously, if you believed in either, then you would also be "no true Christian".

AndyC

BrianK 
Posted on 19-Nov-2012 15:05:51
#1579 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
There will be no religious gay homosexual marriage ceremonies whether marriage is redefined or not. This change is simply not on the cards in this current debate
There will be religious gay marriage. If this group of churches that allow gay marriage is 'Christian' or not really doesn't matter in this discussion. The Nation allowing gay marriage will allow those churches who wish to marry gay couples to do it. Again the nation is not a nation of only BigD's faith but for everybody's faith. And especially if their faith conflicts with yours. The nation needs a legal path which people of all faiths can live in peace and harmony with each other.

jkirk 
Posted on 19-Nov-2012 15:23:05
#1580 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
You are such an intolerant person

point of context. intolerance is forcing another to believe from your point of view.
intolerance is not living a different way or believing a different thing.

you yourself are arguing that since you believe(from a christian perspective) that homosexuality is wrong then it should be banned. this is the definition of intolerance.

everyone else is arguing that anyone should be able to follow their own beliefs.
this is not intolerance but is instead tolerance.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle