Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 95 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  17 mins ago
 edwardsjethro:  37 mins ago
 joeyunderwood:  38 mins ago
 Sikharubel:  41 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 MagicSN:  1 hr 31 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 50 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 retrofaza:  2 hrs 13 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
Franko 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million - good use of tax payers money!? Please sign Petition if you think not.
Posted on 13-Apr-2012 23:33:57
#181 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Thread

I'm all for freedom of speech and even though I disagree with the messages both of them say, I object even more to the fact if they have been censored...

This world would be a far better place if we were all free to go around placing our true comments and views on the side of buses, cars, taxis, T shirts etc.. etc...

As at least then you would know folks real opinions on things instead of just having them say what they think it's safe to say without being censored or facing legal action...

That's the trouble with the world today, too many folk scared to speak the truth and voice their honest views and opinions because somewhere along the line you'll have some minority group screaming blue murder over the fact you dared speak your mind...

The internet should be a great tool for doing that but sadly most sites choose to censor things that don't agree with the owners or it's moderation staffs personal views, which is odd as it just devalues what the internet should really be about, ie: a place where everyone can have their say and your free to either read it or ignore it, agree or disagree...

No point in anyone replying with "but there are also laws that prevent people from saying whatever they want on the internet" (or bringing the old Hitler argument into it) as the answer to that is simple, if everyone decided to speak their true feelings and opinions on the net,no government on this earth would be able to shut them all up or shut down every site and the haters would be easier to spot then too...

Profile     Report this post  
SpaceDruid 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million - good use of tax payers money!? Please sign Petition if you think not.
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 1:55:21
#182 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@Thread

It's worth noting that Ben Summerskill (The chief executive of Stonewall) said he did not agree the advert should be banned because he believes in freedom of speech, a sentiment echoed by a number of other prominent Gay campaigners.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Apr-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Google Translate

Nimrod 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 8:01:42
#183 ]

@BigD
As Franko and Spacedruid have stated, freedom of speech in a wonderful thing and I am grateful to have it, but with rights and freedom comes the concept of responsibility. If I were to walk down the streets of Oslo shouting that Anders Behring Breivik was a netional hero I would be quickly taken away for my own protection. And even the T&C of this site would not let me get away with saying ********* **** to **** ******** **** and **** ******** the bicycle you rode in on!
The right of freedom of speech has to be balanced by the right of others to ignore what you have to say.

Also in recent news, not only does this minority section of the population want to interfere in other peoples relationships, but they demand to be exempted from the taxes other people have to pay. And Carey has the cheek to claim christians are the victims of persecution when they are sacked for refusing to do the work that they are paid to do.

BigD 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 8:37:30
#184 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
And Carey has the cheek to claim christians are the victims of persecution when they are sacked for refusing to do the work that they are paid to do.

Most of the people mentioned were happily continuing with their lives until the 'political correctness' and 'equality' brigades came along and redefined their job descriptions. When people became registrars 20 years ago why should they have assumed they would have to preside over Civil Partnerships? Why should a Relate therapist sacked for saying he may not be comfortable giving sex counselling to homosexual couples assume that homosexual relations would become actively encouraged by society and a central part of his job? Society should be 'tolerant' enough to allow people to conscientiously object to these 'new' elements of their jobs which are thrust upon them! Heck, I heard recently that two NHS midwives were told they HAD to help with abortions even though their primary role is to HELP babies to be born NOT TO KILL THEM!!

This country has gone mad and the tolerant progressive values you tout are actually bringing in a new fascist mentality against Christians. What's your new slogan? "Love homosexuals, lock up Christians!" How long before Boris Johnson puts that on the side of a London bus?

BrianK 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 10:34:07
#185 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
When people became registrars 20 years ago why should they have assumed they would have to preside over Civil Partnerships?
Registrars, like any other Civil Employee, is carrying out the work of the government. It's inherit in the nature of the job that through time their responsibilities are going to change. Like any other Civil Employee they must respond to the new laws which impact their jobs. I don't think you've fully thought through you comment. It ends up that in order to hire someone and not change a thing for 20 years that means the government simply cannot pass any new laws. That's more then a might bit silly concept you're pushing.

Quote:
Society should be 'tolerant' enough to allow people to conscientiously object to these 'new' elements of their jobs which are thrust upon them!
The question is one of rights. Here, like in most things, we have the case where the rights of two individuals are coming into conflict. We have individual A that wants to be serviced and individual B that believes they shouldn't service them. One of the two must give. I think we have to look at biggest harm. In the question you've posed it's far more harm if individual B can't obtain services that the rest of society can obtain. It's much less harm that individual A provides service to 95% of the society that they can add 5% and cover 100% of society.

Quote:
What's your new slogan? "Love homosexuals, lock up Christians!"
Clearly unfair.

Though playing devil's advocate we do know that Christians have sacked many nations and killed many people, subjectacted other faiths, supported slavery, supported unequality of women, comprised most of the Nazi soliders, supported pushing into ignorance if it was against their political will (creationism, geocentric universe models, the dark ages), and in the US still promote mutilation of male genitalia, etc. If you want to stack up 'bad things'. A couple dudes loving each other has had far less negative society and world impact.

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion. "-Steven Weinberg

Last edited by BrianK on 14-Apr-2012 at 10:37 AM.

AndyC 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 10:36:35
#186 ]

@BigD

Quote:
This country has gone mad and the tolerant progressive values you tout are actually bringing in a new fascist mentality against Christians. What's your new slogan? "Love homosexuals, lock up Christians!" How long before Boris Johnson puts that on the side of a London bus?

Are you serious? That is hilarious!

I'm a Christian, and I certainly don't feel persecuted. It makes a change from the centuries of oppression dealt out by Christians against all and sundry.

Quote:
homosexual relations would become actively encouraged by society

No-one is encouraging homosexual relations - they are simply encouraging greater tolerance for it.

You're obviously a lost cause, but there is still hope for everyone else...

AndyC

BigD 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 11:10:04
#187 ]
Elite Member

@AndyC

Quote:
No-one is encouraging homosexual relations - they are simply encouraging greater tolerance for it.

Yeah, at the expense of people' Christian stance on homosexuality. You might as well chant "Four legs good, two legs better"! Your tolerance is only skin deep and your mentality will usher in a new wave of intolerance and fascism. There are definitely right and wrongs and this impassive "Let everyone do what the hell they want man"! 60s mentality will ironically lead to far more injustice and suffering in the UK if it is allowed to proliferate.

Lilian Ladell has lost her job because our society wasn't prepared to allow another registrar to take her Civil Partnership engagements while she concentrated on wedding which constitute 98% of the ceremonies anyway!!! This wreaks of intolerance and a politically motivated 'gay rights' agenda and has nothing to do with equality of services. The couples in question would still have been able to have their Civil Partnership.

BigD 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 11:42:07
#188 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:
Though playing devil's advocate we do know that Christians have sacked many nations and killed many people, subjectacted other faiths, supported slavery, supported unequality of women, comprised most of the Nazi soliders, supported pushing into ignorance if it was against their political will (creationism, geocentric universe models, the dark ages), and in the US still promote mutilation of male genitalia, etc. If you want to stack up 'bad things'. A couple dudes loving each other has had far less negative society and world impact.

You are now rewriting the history books now are you? That's very '1984' of you! William Wilberforce, a Christian spent the majority of his life on his calling to abolish slavery, Nazi soldiers were fascists reminiscent of the white supremacists in the Klu-Klux Klan, as far as I remember from the Bible Jesus was from Nazareth, a Jew and hence Middle-Eastern in ethnicity and came to give hope to Jews and gentiles alike! I think you'll find it is African Witch doctors that mutilate genitalia. Christianity is responsible for the majority of our legal framework, civil rights, cultural progress and not to forget that the Nation prayed for deliverance from the Nazis in the darkest days of World War 2 and God answered us. He would be forgiven for not doing the same again today; We kill over 200,000 of His children through abortions each year. Despite of this he has blessed this country abundantly over the centuries. We have become a distinctly selfish and intolerant country that cares only for economic growth and rights for individuals to do whatever they want irrespective of the damaging effects on society and the bill at the end of the day Despite this Christian Aid organisations are the biggest single factor in easing suffering in the world today.

Am I sorry about the British Empire? No. We seem to forget all the good that was done building infrastructure and in administration and governance. My only sadness is that we didn't do a better job of spreading the Gospel of good news of Jesus Christ's sacrificial death for our sins on the cross, while the Empire was at its height. We seemed intent on making people into English Anglicans rather than teaching them the Gospel and letting them worship God in their own culturally specific way!

All this is a bit off topic though as people of all backgrounds, sexes, political persuasions etc support marriage and don't want to see it redefined! 436,982 and counting!

Last edited by BigD on 14-Apr-2012 at 11:43 AM.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 13:25:16
#189 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BigD

Quote:

the Nation prayed for deliverance from the Nazis in the darkest days of World War 2 and God answered us.

So the millions of people that laid down their lives had nothing to do with it? Oh and you realise that the Soviet Union won the war in Europe don't you? We helped shorten the war by establishing a second front, but the Godless Soviets had crushed the offensive capabilities of the Christian Nazis (Battle of Kursk 1943) and were driving them back to Berlin, before anyone set foot on a beach in Normandy a year later.

As for the rest...

"The national Government, seeing in Christianity the unshakable foundation of the moral and ethical life of our people, attaches utmost importance to the cultivation and maintenance of the friendliest relations with the Holy See. ...The rights of the churches will not be curtailed; their position in relation to the State will not be changed."

- Adolf Hitler, March 23, 1933

"We demand freedom for all religious confessions in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or conflict with the customs and moral sentiments of the Germanic race. The party as such represents the standpoint of a positive Christianity, without owing itself to a particular confession...."

- Article 20 of the program of the German Workers' Party

"I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so."

- Adolf Hitler, to General Gerhard Engel, 1941

"I had excellent opportunity to intoxicate myself with the solemn splendor of the brilliant church festivals. As was only natural, the abbot seemed to me, as the village priest had once seemed to my father, the highest and most desirable ideal."

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 1

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. ...Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross."

- Adolf Hitler, speech on April 12, 1922

"The fact that the Curia is now making its peace with Fascism shows that the Vatican trusts the new political realities far more than did the former liberal democracy with which it could not come to terms. ...The fact that the Catholic Church has come to an agreement with Fascist Italy ...proves beyond doubt that the Fascist world of ideas is closer to Christianity than those of Jewish liberalism or even atheistic Marxism..."

- Adolf Hitler in an article in the Völkischer Beobachter, February 29, 1929, on the new Lateran Treaty between Mussolini's fascist government and the Vatican

I have perhaps another 50 quotes linking Hitler or Facists to Christianity and/or Christian values. These were the first I found.

And considering the number of mentions in the Bible on regards to how one should treat one's slaves, bringing up the abolition of slavery as a Christian inspired movement is an act of the worst form of hypocrisy (And you do realise the KKK is a Christian fellowship don't you? The clue is in the crosses they keep burning) .

But you are right, this IS off topic. The topic was about wither people thought tax payers money was being spent wisely or not. You were the one that brought religion into it. As always.

(Edits made to spelling and changed "atheist" to "Godless" as that is more accurate).

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Apr-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Apr-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Apr-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Apr-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Last edited by SpaceDruid on 14-Apr-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Google Translate

Franko 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 14:37:17
#190 ]
Elite Member

What a thread...

Gays, Christians, Nazis, Bigots, Hypocrites, Jews, Fascists, Klu Klux Klan, Homophobes, Witch Doctors, Religion, Atheists, Civil Servants, Gods, Marriage Councillors, Midwives and so on and and so on...

(oh & Boris Johnson of course)...

Just need to throw in some Aliens, Cannibals and a half dozen Squirrels and I think this thread will have covered just about everyone and everything in the universe...

... I love Amiga computer forums...

Nimrod 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 15:50:43
#191 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Lilian Ladell has lost her job because our society wasn't prepared to allow another registrar to take her Civil Partnership engagements while she concentrated on wedding which constitute 98% of the ceremonies anyway!
She got sacked because her employer was not willing to let her dictate what parts of her job she was, and was not willing to carry out. She does not have the right to cherrypick what parts of her duties she will do. If she expects to be given equal pay as her colleagues, she can do equal work. The only intolerance on display here is the religious intolerance shown toward anybody who does not blindly kowtow to the loudest bigot on the block.

Quote:
Christianity is responsible for the majority of our legal framework,
Actually the concept of parliamentary democracy was introduced by the vikings. The christians put their faith in such concepts as trial by combat, swimming, the sortes biblicae, or just plain cofessions under torture. This man is an example of the type of "justice" you would have enforced in this country.

Quote:
My only sadness is that we didn't do a better job of spreading the Gospel of good news
Or to put it another way, Must try harder

Quote:
All this is a bit off topic though as people of all backgrounds, sexes, political persuasions etc support marriage
I also support marriage, and want to see its benefits spread to everybody who wants to enjoy those benefits

Quote:
436,982 and counting!
So there is still less than one percent of the population of UK signing up to support your hate campaign.

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 17:11:57
#192 ]

@Franko

Quote:

Just need to throw in some Aliens,

Got that one covered.

Google Translate

Franko 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 17:43:38
#193 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:
@Franko

Quote:

Just need to throw in some Aliens,

Got that one covered.

Ooops sorry bout that, it's just that your so bovine like I completely forgot you were an alien...

Ok... that just leaves the cannibals now... who going to own up to that one...

Nimrod 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 17:47:45
#194 ]

@Franko

Quote:
Ok... that just leaves the cannibals now... who going to own up to that one...
Well I used to chew my fingernails, if that's any help.

AndyC 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 18:13:01
#195 ]

@BigD

Quote:
Yeah, at the expense of people' Christian stance on homosexuality.

What people are you referring to here?

From the following study of church attendance, carried out by a Christian organisation:

Tearfund Study

Quote:
Christianity is still the predominant faith in the UK with over half (53%) or 26.2 million adults claiming to be Christian; while other faiths account for 6%. So, three out of five people in the population are affiliated with faith and the remainder claim to have no religion (39%).

7.6 million UK adults (15%) attend at least monthly. The majority of these, 4.9 million (10% of UK adults) attend at least weekly. Adding in fringe and occasional churchgoers (5 million) means that one in four UK adults (26%) or 12.6 million attend church at least once a year.

Two thirds of UK adults (66%) or 32.2 million people have no connection with church at present (nor with another religion). These people are evenly divided between those who have been in the past but have since left (16 million) and those who have never been in their lives (16.2 million).

This secular majority presents a major challenge to churches. Most of them - 29.3 million - are unreceptive and closed to attending church; churchgoing is simply not on their agenda.

Emphasis on the latter point: "This secular majority".

Something also to bear in mind is that this 53% of Christians includes people like me, who attend church (from time to time), but do not share the same views as your vociferous minority. I know many, many people just like me.

You are the loud, bigoted voice of a minority view that, thankfully, will never gain sufficient support from the electorate to really bother anyone.

Thank God.

AndyC

BigD 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 18:49:37
#196 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:
So there is still less than one percent of the population of UK signing up to support your hate campaign.

There is no hate & no bigotry involved in defending marriage. It is the people trying to destroy marriage through this unwarranted redefinition who are hateful against the nuclear family, traditional family values and institutions that they have rejected as a consequence of their 'lifestyle' choice!

Quote:
If she expects to be given equal pay as her colleagues, she can do equal work.

As I pointed 98% of these 'union' ceremonies are marriages so they would have been plenty of work to be done. The other 2% of ceremonies could easily have been picked up by the other registrars (there was a team of about 15 off the top of my head) but instead this 'equality' obsessed local authority decided Christians should not be allowed to serve as registrars. While we're on that any suggestion that Adolf Hitler was a Christian because he stated he was a 'Catholic' is pathetic.

Franko 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 18:59:42
#197 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Franko
Well I used to chew my fingernails, if that's any help.

That's good enough for me...

So now we've got the Aliens & the Cannibals covered I'll throw in a bagfull of squirrels and Bobs yours uncle now nobody & nothing has been left out...

So therefore the ultimate conclusion of this thread can be pronounced to all and sundry as... WHY... in aunt Nellies name WHY...

PS: Can we close it now... please... pretty please... I am a minority after all though there is only one of me so maybe I'm the majority... me head hurts, I'm off to bang it against a wall (again)...

PPS: Hmmm... maybe banging me napper off the wall is the cause of it hurting... do the questions never end... and where are all the answers.... has anyone seen my brain, it's about the size of a pea and answers to the name of George...

BigD 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 20:04:23
#198 ]
Elite Member

@Franko

Quote:
PS: Can we close it now... please... pretty please... I am a minority after all though there is only one of me so maybe I'm the majority... me head hurts, I'm off to bang it against a wall (again)...

Yeah, when Dave Cameron drops this silly crusade to redefine marriage and goes back to proper policies i.e ones we actually voted him in to carry out in the Conservative manifesto, we'll stop posting on the thread. But since the campaign is rolling on and Stonewall are enlisting buses in their propaganda machine there's still much to discuss! Sorry, but this isn't the BBC, they'll be no censoring the news for political reasons here!! Amigans are keen to talk about important issues and this is one of them.

437,209 and counting. So where's the mystical petition that is pro-redefining marriage that represents 98% of the UKs population? Only 45,691 have signed C4EM's petition so that's far less representative of the population than C4M's by nearly a factor of 10!!!

Stop trying to nullify the importance and magnitude of the C4M petition - IT"S HUGE!!! AS I'VE ALREADY STATED THERE ARE ONLY AROUND 480,000 HOMOSEXUALS IN THE UK AND LESS THAN 45,691 OF THEM CARE ENOUGH ABOUT THIS ISSUE TO SIGN A PETITION TO SUPPORT THIS LEGISLATION!!!! I'M GUESSING IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL TO HOMOSEXUALS SO WHY DO THE PROGRESSIVE LIBERALS GIVE A HOOT? GIVE UP DAVE CAMERON.

Franko 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 21:13:14
#199 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

But David Cameron doesn't rule here in Scotland Alex Salmond does so it's your own fault for supporting and voting for the idiot Camron and the Tories whom never can be trusted...

What's the BBC got to do with this other than reporting facts which you obviously don't like...

Amigans aren't just English nor are they just Tory voters, nor are they all religious, nor are they all heterosexual, nor do they all believe in marriage, so it's a bit of a stretch to proclaim Amigans have much to discuss on this subject...

You should be just be grateful it's not only Amigans whom are discussing this subject , as if it were only just Amigans discussing it the total involved would be about 10 & half...

How do you know they'll be no censoring of political news on this site, do you have control over it !!!

The C4M petition may be important to yourself and a fraction of a percentage of the UK's population, so that by the facts and figures that makes it TINY not huge as you wrongly claim...

If it's no big deal to homosexuals as you claim then why is it a big deal to you if your not a homosexual, as it's not a law that would affect you unless you were a homosexual, basically your moaning about a changed proposal to a law that will have no affect on you personally, so why are you against it...

No idea what a progressive Liberal is myself as I'm a Communist (well part time these days as their aint much choice of parties on that front), heck I wouldn't even vote SNP if you paid me (bunch of progressive unionist Liberal EU fascists that they are)...

PS: Tried dialling than number you keep giving out, turns out it's not a Chinese laundry after all just some single mother with a baby who didn't have a clue about the Twelve Monkeys...

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 14-Apr-2012 21:45:29
#200 ]

@BigD

Quote:

Yeah, when Dave Cameron drops this silly crusade to{SNIP}

"The origin of the word may be traced to the cross made of cloth and worn as a badge on the outer garment of those who took part in these enterprises. Medieval writers use the terms crux (pro cruce transmarina, Charter of 1284, cited by Du Cange s.v. crux), croisement (Joinville), croiserie (Monstrelet), etc. Since the Middle Ages the meaning of the word crusade has been extended to include all wars undertaken in pursuance of a vow, and directed against infidels, i.e. against Mohammedans, pagans, heretics, or those under the ban of excommunication."
"But modern literature has abused the word by applying it to all wars of a religious character, as, for instance, the expedition of Heraclius against the Persians in the seventh century and the conquest of Saxony by Charlemagne."

(Source: Catholic Encyclopedia)

Why is it that you use this word regarding Cameron? Surely the only ones crusading are the ones signing your petition?

Google Translate

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle