Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 82 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  11 mins ago
 tekmage:  21 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  34 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  40 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 24 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 amig_os:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 42 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 35 mins ago
 OlafS25:  3 hrs 36 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
SpaceDruid 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 19:12:00
#1941 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

If you want to talk about bad books in UK schools. Try this one.

Nessie as evidence against evolution … and five odder things kids are taught

The Accelerated Christian Education curriculum is used in more than 50 UK schools. How can it receive official backing?

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 01-Feb-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Google Translate

Profile     Report this post  
T-J 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 20:22:09
#1942 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

Quote:
Don't count your chickens, the battle is only just beginning and liberal arrogance alone is not going to win you this debate or the allegiance of our MPs.

No, the support of over 60% of the population will do that.

You can make this a 'battle' if you want. But you're fighting the corner of an outdated prejudice in a time when more and more of us are growing beyond the pathological need to control the expression of others' relationships.

BrianK 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 20:51:58
#1943 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

The Accelerated Christian Education curriculum is used in more than 50 UK schools. How can it receive official backing?

Seriously!?

The USA has similar problems with Creationists We see lots of this going on in Texas. The reason is that due to the size of the State, Texas is able to establish the Textbooks for the rest of the nation. If the creationists are able to slip their lies in there they are able to impact other states without much work.

Oh I saw a great item yesterday too - Creationists often say if man evolved from apes then why do apes still exist. The argument actually works against them just as well. (NOTE: that the argument doesn't work at all. But, to make them answer their own question...).. If God created man from dirt then why does dirt still exist.

CritAnime 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 21:16:25
#1944 ]
Cult Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

SpaceDruid wrote:

From this article.

Quote:
1) God is a right-winger. "Liberals" are the root of all political evil. God's values are rightwing, and anything else is a rejection of His will. On a politics chart, "right" is associated with "absolute" and "God", while "left" is connected to "no values" and "atheism." The term "leftwing", we learn, exists because "left" means "sinister", "to twist something", or "to corrupt." Jesus, by contrast, taught that "we should use what we have to earn a profit." If your political views lean left, you are neither a true Christian, nor a good citizen.

Hmm sounds oddly familiar to this thread lol.

Oh and BigD if you hold no prejudices then why did you say, as a health care professional, I should be highlighting homosexuality as a disease like hepatitis and such.

Last edited by CritAnime on 01-Feb-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Admin at Commodore Gaming Wiki

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 21:50:31
#1945 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BrianK

Quote:

But, to make them answer their own question...).. If God created man from dirt then why does dirt still exist.

And why did God create light before there was anything to provide a source of that light or anything for it to illuminate?

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 01-Feb-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Google Translate

BillE 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 21:59:38
#1946 ]

@BigD

Quote:
school children being brain-washed with damaging & perverted literature and people getting sacked for having a world view different to yours

Yes that is the typical description of CHRISTIAN values.

It is about time people like that should stop enforcing their superstitious views on others isn't it.

BillE 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 22:23:24
#1947 ]

@BigD

Quote:
However, it is not acceptable for public money to be be spent on promoting this liberal agenda nonsense

It is no worse than public money being spent on books about religion, especially the evil christianity, astrology, angels, tarot cards and other garbage.

Unfortunately it happens. I personally would have every so called "non-fiction" which is not fact, removed from libraries.

I often put the Bible in the fantasy section where it belongs. Not that public money should have been wasted on such trash in the first place. We should stop trying to warp the next generation with this perverse nonsense.

Rob 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 23:19:48
#1948 ]
Elite Member

@CritAnime

Quote:
Oh and BigD if you hold no prejudices then why did you say, as a health care professional, I should be highlighting homosexuality as a desease like hepatitis and such.

I think BigD's brain is set to filter out questions like this.

CritAnime 
Posted on 1-Feb-2013 23:26:17
#1949 ]
Cult Member

@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@CritAnime

Meh... I am just a Liberal Athiest left-wing nut job as far as bigD is concerned. So why would he pay any attention to me anyway

BigD 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 1:16:03
#1950 ]
Elite Member

@T-J

Quote:
No, the support of over 60% of the population will do that. You can make this a 'battle' if you want. But you're fighting the corner of an outdated prejudice in a time when more and more of us are growing beyond the pathological need to control the expression of others' relationships.

Where's this 60% figure been conjured up from? Some crusty poll from the Guardian that your still hanging your coat on? The Government's consultation had to eliminate the C4M's petition from its headline statistics in order to try and shoulder the false claim that 53% of consultation respondents (i.e. those people that care enough to let the government know what they think) want to redefine marriage. The true picture is only found if the C4M petition numbers are included and the figures reveal a truly staggering 83.25% who want to protect marriage compared to only 16.65% for the redefinition.

Quote:
You can make this a 'battle' if you want. But you're fighting the corner of an outdated prejudice in a time when more and more of us are growing beyond the pathological need to control the expression of others' relationships.

The only prejudice that exists here is caused by your inability to allow people to take a pro-marriage position without you taking offense and seeing it as an attack on your vapid liberal world view. Marriage is special and needs to be protected from people like you who would happily see it destroyed.

Homosexuals have Civil Partnerships if they want to acknowledge their attempt at stable monogamous relationships. Although they have identical legal rights compared to married couples that is where the similarity ends. Homosexuals are by their very nature wanting to search out a variety of promiscuous encounters and have on average 7 partners a year. The take up of same-sex marriage ceremonies would be miniscule just as Civil Partnership take up has been pitiful compared to initial Labour party projections of the take up of the ceremony back in 2004. The same would be true of same-sex marriage. Spare this country more disunity, litigation and innocent public sector workers being sacked by dropping the call for this inane redefinition.

CritAnime 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 1:36:37
#1951 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

There is nothing wrong with someone voicing their views on marriage. However there is a very fine line between voicing concerns and trying to turn it in a homophobic rally. You claim you have no predudices yet you come out with corkers like this.

Quote:
Homosexuals have Civil Partnerships if they want to acknowledge their attempt at stable monogamous relationships. Although they have identical legal rights compared to married couples that is where the similarity ends. Homosexuals are by their very nature wanting to search out a variety of promiscuous encounters and have on average 7 partners a year. The take up of same-sex marriage ceremonies would be miniscule just as Civil Partnership take up has been pitiful compared to initial Labour party projections of the take up of the ceremony back in 2004. The same would be true of same-sex marriage. Spare this country more disunity, litigation and innocent public sector workers being sacked by dropping the call for this inane redefinition.

Let me highlight just one bit of this that made me even more concerned about your hidden, or intentionally ignored, predudices.

Quote:
Homosexuals are by their very nature wanting to search out a variety of promiscuous encounters and have on average 7 partners a year.

Now this is interesting. You claim that by their very nature "practicing", as you put it, homosexuals are constantly seeking on average 7 partners in one year. Oh my goodness. Let me just count the number of straight people I know that sleep with, on average, one partner a week. Actually lets go into any town/city and see how many are after a one night stand every firday, saturday and sunday night. So your willing to ignore this in order to portray Homosexuals as some sort of demonic entity or do you honestly beleive that straight people don't do this?

Let me point this out to you again. Homosexuals are just like straight people. Some will shag anything they can find that is willing to do the same. Yet others want a stable relationship just like straight people do. Been a homosexual doesn't instantly make you some sort of eveil vile monster or seub species of humanity.

Last edited by CritAnime on 02-Feb-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Last edited by CritAnime on 02-Feb-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Last edited by CritAnime on 02-Feb-2013 at 01:38 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 1:47:20
#1952 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:

So you think they're fine do you?

What about this one?

Daddy's Room Mate - Definitely Not Suitable for Primary Schools

It sends a chill done your spine thinking about how liberals would willfully remove all barriers that protect children from perverted stuff like this! Marriage is special for a reason it provides a perfect nurturing environment for children. Promoting this rubbish does not protect children but opens them up to abuse from predatory adults.

Last edited by BigD on 02-Feb-2013 at 02:03 AM.

BigD 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 1:56:27
#1953 ]
Elite Member

@CritAnime

Quote:
Now this is interesting. You claim that by their very nature "practicing", as you put it, homosexuals are constantly seeking on average 7 partners in one year. Oh my goodness. Let me just count the number of straight people I know that sleep with, on average, one partner a week

The difference is that marriage is the voluntary union FOR LIFE of one man and one woman to the EXCLUSION of all others.

If practising homosexuals want a fling or to vent some lust or passion they feel they have then that is a very different thing to a commited monogamous heterosexual married relationship.

As already discussed the very act of redefining the definition would have legal ramifications for 'adultery' remaining as grounds for divorce in our law or it even being considered an issue to our 'progressive' culture .

Again a Civil Partnership while technically committed and monogamous in word may not actually be that in practise as a normal homosexual relationship does not tend to work out that way. Also, if two practising homosexuals are allowed to adopt children then they will deprive that child of either a mother or father which is something every adopted child should be granted as a basic human right. It is not as if there aren't enough married couples that want to adopt. i blame red tape and political correctness for forcing councils/social services to grant children to couples where there is a gender role model missing rather than holding out for an ideal married couple.

Last edited by BigD on 02-Feb-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Last edited by BigD on 02-Feb-2013 at 01:58 AM.

T-J 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 2:28:02
#1954 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

Quote:
Where's this 60% figure been conjured up from? Some crusty poll from the Guardian that your still hanging your coat on?

No, just two little organisations called YouGov and Ipsos MORI. I wouldn't expect you to have heard of them, they're only the two most respected polling organisations operating in Britain.

And even then, it doesn't matter.

Petitions from tiny minorities of Mickeys are not sovereign in this country and do not formulate policy. Parliament does. And even the most rabid Tory phobic in Parliament had to stand on Cameron's modernised platform to garner enough votes to sit in the house.

Although, I still urge you to make the attempt to become the first puritan MP for centuries. It promises to be absolutely hilarious.

As for the rest of your posts, they simply repeat the slanderous accusations against LGBT people, namely the accusations of promiscuity, paedophilia and apathy. These wild-eyed claims, drawn from an ignorant worldview dominated by a stupidly nostalgic reimagining of the 1950s, demonstrate your prejudice. You again decide that everyone who is not straight is incapable of a committed monogamous relationship and honestly you seem unable to see why that is not right, fair or appropriate.

You also repeat your lie that civil partnerships are the same as marriage, and continue to press the fiction that homosexuality can somehow be 'promoted' as if its anything other than an immutable fact of somebody's being.

Are we to take the opinions of a compulsive liar with serious homophobia issues seriously? No, I think not.

Last edited by T-J on 02-Feb-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Last edited by T-J on 02-Feb-2013 at 02:46 AM.

CritAnime 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 2:55:42
#1955 ]
Cult Member

@BigD

Quote:
The difference is that marriage is the voluntary union FOR LIFE of one man and one woman to the EXCLUSION of all others.

And tell me how the voluntary union of two men or two woman for life to the exclusion of all others would be any different? Wihtout resorting to properganda.

Quote:
If practising homosexuals want a fling or to vent some lust or passion they feel they have then that is a very different thing to a commited monogamous heterosexual married relationship

Again how is this different from heterosexual relationships? Straight people have affairs or do your choose to ignor that too? In fact there was a woman on the show This Morning who was saying that she wants it to be in the marriage vows that any body can have an affair. This was a sraight woman who said this. Now surely this should be more of a concern to you.

Quote:
As already discussed the very act of redefining the definition would have legal ramifications for 'adultery' remaining as grounds for divorce in our law or it even being considered an issue to our 'progressive' culture .

Wait are you saying that adultery shouldn't be grounds for a devorce or it should? Because that sounds to me like you want adultery to not be grounds for a divorce which to me goes against the "at the exclusion of all others" thing in vows.

Quote:
Again a Civil Partnership while technically committed and monogamous in word may not actually be that in practise as a normal homosexual relationship does not tend to work out that way. Also, if two practising homosexuals are allowed to adopt children then they will deprive that child of either a mother or father which is something every adopted child should be granted as a basic human right. It is not as if there aren't enough married couples that want to adopt. i blame red tape and political correctness for forcing councils/social services to grant children to couples where there is a gender role model missing rather than holding out for an ideal married couple.

Marriage, technically, is commited and monogamous relationships in word may not actually be that in practise as a normal heterosexual relationship does not tend to work out that way. Or are we ignoring affairs again? Also can we point out that there has been no long lasting study that same sex couples who adopt have any impact, good or bad, on the upbringing of a child. Also can I point out that there are straight foster parents that get granted children whohave no intention of keeping them in a safe environment or give them any emoltional support.

Once again I ask how you can claim to have no prejudices yet demonise homosexuals. Even going as far as saying that they are sexual predators.

Quote:
It sends a chill done your spine thinking about how liberals would willfully remove all barriers that protect children from perverted stuff like this! Marriage is special for a reason it provides a perfect nurturing environment for children. Promoting this rubbish does not protect children but opens them up to abuse from predatory adults.

Last edited by CritAnime on 02-Feb-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Last edited by CritAnime on 02-Feb-2013 at 02:57 AM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 5:05:12
#1956 ]
Team Member

@BigD

Quote:
Homosexuals are by their very nature wanting to search out a variety of promiscuous encounters

This is untrue of course, but please, tell us why its their very nature to seek out "a variety of promiscuous encounters".

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 5:20:09
#1957 ]
Team Member

@CritAnime

Quote:
@BigD

... as you put it, homosexuals are constantly seeking on average 7 partners in one year. Oh my goodness. Let me just count the number of straight people I know that sleep with, on average, one partner a week. Actually lets go into any town/city and see how many are after a one night stand every firday, saturday and sunday night. So your willing to ignore this in order to portray Homosexuals as some sort of demonic entity or do you honestly beleive that straight people don't do this?

And it is a surprise to no one that BigD ignored answering this.

Last edited by fairlanefastback on 02-Feb-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 5:24:57
#1958 ]
Team Member

@Rob

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@CritAnime

Quote:
Oh and BigD if you hold no prejudices then why did you say, as a health care professional, I should be highlighting homosexuality as a desease like hepatitis and such.

I think he takes it all in and well knows what he is doing. And what he is doing is very ugly and pathetic IMHO.

Amiga 1200

Nimrod 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 10:01:12
#1959 ]

@BigD

Quote:
So why do so many heterosexual couples get DIVORCED instead of the husband having his wife stoned to death for adultery. (I notice that your holy book does not allow for wives to have their husbands penalised in the same manner, but then religion was always about maintaining inequality and oppression) And why is male sexual infidelity higher in theocratic states?Quote:
Also, if two practising homosexuals are allowed to adopt children then they will deprive that child of either a mother or father which is something every adopted child should be granted as a basic human right
If these people are depriving children of a stable family background by offering to adopt, why are there so many unadopted children languishing in care homes or with foster parents. There is not some "queer mafia" going around abducting the little kiddies for the entertainment of the homosexual community. What there is, is a number of caring people who want to help, and an arrogant bully who opposes all forms of civilized progress. You would rather a child stayed "unwanted on the shelf" than live somewhere other than in an oppressive and indoctrinaire environment where he or she is taught to hate that which is not approved by the invisible skybeard, and to fear eternal punisment for being themselves.
Quote:
It is not as if there aren't enough married couples that want to adopt. i blame red tape and political correctness for forcing councils/social services to grant children to couples where there is a gender role model missing rather than holding out for an ideal married couple.
Two lies in one in that statement. Firstly there are not enough of the type of people that you would approve of coming forward to adopt. Secondly the preference is for a stable long term heterosexual married couple to adopt, but in the lack of such applicants, long term unmarried couples either hetero or homosexual are deemed better than institutional care. Since you are so concerned about the kiddies, how many have you adopted, or did the social services wisely reject your application?

1Mouse 
Posted on 2-Feb-2013 11:35:17
#1960 ]

@all

Just wondered if there are any gay Amigans out there apart from myself?

After 13 years together my partner and I have just decided to get married.

btw I am an athiest and he is a pagan, who would have thought?

Sam460cr + OS4.1FE

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle