Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
13 crawler(s) on-line.
 128 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Gunnar

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  4 mins ago
 OlafS25:  12 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  16 mins ago
 MickJT:  35 mins ago
 A1200:  59 mins ago
 outlawal2:  1 hr 33 mins ago
 AndreasM:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 sibbi:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 59 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 )
PosterThread
SpaceDruid 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of £ 3.7 million
Posted on 10-Feb-2013 15:56:28
#2141 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@BigD

Quote:

Quote:
Surely it MUST occur to you that when every person that contributes to this thread comes up with the same conclusion about your behaviour, the problem lays at YOUR end? You keep claiming conspiracy but this is blatantly ridiculous as if it were, the only person not in on it would be you.

TPod started this thread and there are plenty of people on this site that would debate from a pro-marriage viewpoint (some of which have given me personal messages of support) had it not been for the intolerant language used against marriage supporters e.g. "you bigot!", "you homophobe!". Being a marriage supporter is not directly linked to bigotry and homophobia as you, fairlanefastback and BrianK keep trying to make out.

It's rather sad that even when I make clear the distinction between people who disagree with same sex marriage and what you are doing, you still choose to pretend you are being victimised for disagreeing with same sex marriage and make no attempt to take any responsibility for your own actions.

I wonder then if this is intentional, or that you really don't understand what it is that you are doing?

Let me try to make this clear once again.

There are people, yourself included, that don't agree with this change in the law. That does not make you a bigot, nor a homophobe. Nobody here is making that claim. I make a point of saying that some people in the debate in Parliament actually make relevant and reasoned points as to why they would not vote for the bill.

What makes you a homophobe/bigot, is your viewpoint on gay people.

The two things are separate issues. Your attempts to merge the two are obvious to anyone reading this thread given the very high profile you've given to your views on gay people.

Quote:

What I think you are getting confused by is that the Bible condemns homosexual acts as sinful acts,

I have tried to debate this subject with you before, but apparently because I'm an atheist you are not giving me permission to do so. Regardless I shall try again.

There is one reference to homosexual acts being sinful and six about eating shellfish being sinful. So why are you not camped outside Tescos or Sainsburys or organising an online petition for their stores to be boycotted until they remove these sinful products from sale?

Do you have a beard? If you've shaved your face at any point in your life, you have committed a sin. So why are you not launching campaigns to rid the world of razors?

My point is, there are many things written in the Bible that are given more prominence than the one mention about gay people that you no longer choose to believe or follow, yet you still choose to follow this one.

Why?

Google Translate

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 10-Feb-2013 16:07:00
#2142 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:
TPod started this thread and there are plenty of people on this site that would debate from a pro-marriage viewpoint (some of which have given me personal messages of support) had it not been for the intolerant language used against marriage supporters e.g. "you bigot!", "you homophobe!". Being a marriage supporter is not directly linked to bigotry and homophobia as you, fairlanefastback and BrianK keep trying to make out
The language I used was not against your support of marriage. It was against your use of hate to discard gays and desire to keep them unequal in our societies.

For example, you claimed gays are constantly having affairs an average of 7 men a year. Even if true is not a reason to treat them unequally. That is a group average which provides little to no understanding of an individual. There are gays which have 0 affairs a year. In addition, there are straights which have affairs as well. But, you treat those straights inconsistently because you fail to demand that they can't be married. You are a bigot because you discard gays and excuse straights for the exact same actions.

Quote:
What I think you are getting confused by is that the Bible condemns homosexual acts as sinful acts
It also says Bearing False Witness is a sinful act, but that doesn't stop you. Should you no longer be married because you're a sinner?

Quote:
If individuals want to process these feelings in a healthy way they should seek help and therapy with Christian councillors who may be able to get them in touch with some conversion therapy organisations here in the UK
Unfortunately these 'pray away the gay' are based on pseudoscientific principles. Many complain of torture tactics and the use of drugs. Throw in that some of these have sexually exploitted their attendees and disseminate false information. The results are organizations that do more harm than good. And it starts out from the false pseudoscientific concept that there's something wrong with being gay.

Quote:
What has it got to do with you anyway?
I'd recommend you read Matthew. What you quickly find is your god-on-earth, Jesus, states over and over again that he wants us to help and equalize those that are unequal within our societies. Jesus states he is among us when we help the least of us. In short, Christ wants you to take others in society and care for them. If you read the actions of Christ he didn't help them by chasting them and discarding them. But, instead by embracing them as unique individuals and not discriminating his care. You are the rich money changer who manipulates faith and lies to harm others in society. Christ would break the shit out of your booth. Many of the atheists here are more Christ like than you are.

Edit: what would Jesus do with adulters? See John's Pericope Adulterae

Last edited by BrianK on 10-Feb-2013 at 07:11 PM.

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 10-Feb-2013 17:43:39
#2143 ]
Team Member

@BigD

Quote:
had it not been for the intolerant language used against marriage supporters e.g. "you bigot!", "you homophobe!". Being a marriage supporter is not directly linked to bigotry and homophobia as you, fairlanefastback and BrianK keep trying to make out.

You have proven yourself to be a bigot based on the direct things you have said in regard to homosexuals which go well beyond the issue of marriage equality. I.E. They are all promiscuous, spreading diseases, who are out to steal children away from normal society to fill their ranks and sexually abuse etc.

Amiga 1200

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 10-Feb-2013 17:46:28
#2144 ]
Team Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
@BigD

It's rather sad that even when I make clear the distinction between people who disagree with same sex marriage and what you are doing, you still choose to pretend you are being victimised for disagreeing with same sex marriage and make no attempt to take any responsibility for your own actions.

I wonder then if this is intentional, or that you really don't understand what it is that you are doing?

I think at this point we have to take it as intentional.

Amiga 1200

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 10-Feb-2013 18:03:31
#2145 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@fairlanefastback

Quote:

I think at this point we have to take it as intentional.

My only other experience with talking online with a person like D was when I was involved on a thread on another website with a paranoid schizophrenic who fully admitted his diagnosis, but kept claiming it had nothing to do with the gang secretly stalking his every move or listening to his thoughts.

Sometimes people are just not aware of their own actions. Even if they are obvious to everyone else.

Google Translate

Moxee 
Posted on 10-Feb-2013 22:11:43
#2146 ]
Team Member

@AndyC

Quote:

AndyC wrote:
@Thread

It's plain to see now that, following Parliament's landmark vote, and facing the very real prospect of losing the fight, BigD is starting to lash out at the other posters in this thread.

The dominant part of his personality is being laid bare for all to see. His rampant vitriol, hate, anger, denial, bigotry and homophobia are now getting free reign in this forum.

Some of us, including myself, have given BigD a bit of leeway- some have even laid off a little, citing concerns about his mental health, but this man is no longer deserving of our respect, or our compassion.

I know this is a free for all forum, and the mods have used a light touch approach to date (they let me off with a very direct post several weeks ago) but I think we need to draw this to a close.

All but one (two if you count the OP, who left the conversation aeons ago) of the posters favour equal marriage rights, and have consistently backed up their arguments. BigD has continually regurgitated nonsensical arguments, all of which have been effectively rebutted.

Can I therefore suggest that we bring this thread to a close, safe in the knowledge that we are all right, and BigD is wrong. My patience with this odious little man has worn away to nothing, and I think we all have better things to do that spectate on the mental demise of a fellow human being.

Mods? Anyone else?

Cheers,

AndyC

We have had a discussion in staff and our consensus is that this thread has run its useful course. The staff makes no conclusion that someone is correct and others are not.

Therefore, this thread is now locked.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

tomazkid 
Posted on 12-Feb-2013 21:38:20
#2147 ]
Team Member

Opening this thread to add one post.

A link to a Youtube video I saw today.
Despite if one is for or against gay marriage, this video might give some insight of what it means legally for a couple, the difference it makes to be married or not, when one in the couple dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9gyloyOjM&list=HL1360701647

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle