Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
17 crawler(s) on-line.
 134 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

zipper

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 zipper:  3 mins ago
 OldFart:  13 mins ago
 VooDoo:  20 mins ago
 matthey:  25 mins ago
 pavlor:  39 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 michalsc:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 amigang:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 gryfon:  2 hrs 14 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 52 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )
PosterThread
Franko 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 20:07:18
#921 ]
Elite Member

@ Myself (just thinking out loud on the subject of Gawd)

If he/ it does exist I wonder what will happen to this gawd being/ entity when the human race finally dies out (it'll happen one day , one way or the other)...

I mean if he really did create us as some believe then what's he gonna do once we're all gone...

Is he going to magically build Earth number 2 and inflict upon that planet his whacked out crazy creations (us) just to entertain himself again with millenniums of sitting back and chortling as his creations once again come up with the "best" & most cost effective and efficient ways they can of killing one another...

Or maybe next time he'll realise he was rubbish at his job first time round and just fade into oblivion...

Whatever he/ it chooses to do he/ it sure needs to take a long look in the mirror and reflect upon the simply fact that he/ it has got to be the most evil, nastiest, vile being that's ever existed if he/ it really is the thing responsible for creating us and this planet in the first place...

I mean if he/ it is all powerful then why did he / it choose to create species that for most of their time in creation only want to harm and kill each other for all sorts of crazy "reasons" and inflict disease, pain and death upon us in every way imaginable when we're not too busy hating & killing each other...

Thankfully I don't believe he/ it did do anything in the first place and he/ it doesn't exist, hopefully we are as a species a one off fluke in the entire universe, and hopefully all traces of our existence will be long gone before some poor unfortunate being from another planet ever lands here and finds out what a nasty, selfish & frankly ignorant species we are/ were...

Am I glad I aint a member of the human race...

Profile     Report this post  
SpaceDruid 
Re: Gay Civil Marriage In UK at a cost of 3.7 million Updated - you can sign petition after reading, if you want!
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 20:28:40
#922 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@Franko

Don't blame God, blame the humans that created him.

"Dear God"
, hope you got the letter, and...
I pray you can make it better down here.
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
but all the people that you made in your image, see
them starving on their feet 'cause they don't get
enough to eat from God, I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but... I feel that I should be heard
loud and clear. We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
and all the people that you made in your image, see them fighting
in the street 'cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue? Did you make
mankind after we made you? And the devil too!

, don't know if you noticed, but... your name is on
a lot of quotes in this book, and us crazy humans wrote it, you
should take a look, and all the people that you made in your
image still believing that junk is true. Well I know it ain't, and
so do you, dear God, I can't believe in I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell. No saints, no sinners, no
devil as well. No pearly gates, no thorny crown. You're always
letting us humans down. The wars you bring, the babes you
drown. Those lost at sea and never found, and it's the same the
whole world 'round. The hurt I see helps to compound that
Father, Son and Holy Ghost is just somebody's unholy hoax,
and if you're up there you'd perceive that my heart's here upon
my sleeve. If there's one thing I don't believe in

it's you...."

XTC's "Dear God" from the album Skylarking. 1986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk41Gbjljfo

Google Translate

AndyC 
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 21:14:13
#923 ]

@Thread

If I haven't already, can I recommend this book to everyone here - BigD especially:

The Second Coming - John Niven

It's a work of unmitigated comic genius with a subtle moral undercurrent. Read the first couple of chapters on Kindle and you'll be hungry for more!

Here's one of the reviews:

Quote:
God comes back from his fishing holiday to find that since he's been gone (a few days in Heaven but centuries on Earth) things have gone badly. Looking at what he's missed, He particularly doesn't like the 20th century. God makes up his mind to send Jesus back down to Earth to remind everyone of his one and only rule - "Be Nice" - a rule that Moses decided to ignore and come up with 10 of his own.

Down on Earth, Jesus is 31 years old, in a band, something of a stoner, and being nice to everyone. And then one day "American Pop Star" starts looking for new contestants and Jesus decides to audition. What better way to tell people to "Be Nice" than on the platform of the biggest show on television? After getting accepted, there's a road trip to LA, the rise of Jesus as a music phenomenon, and the inevitable ending...

There was so much I liked about this book. First off, while the opening chapters in Heaven might seem a bit too cartoonish, John Niven quickly establishes strong characters in God and Jesus, the biting dialogue shooting back and forth. Then the dinner in Hell with the Devil was an utterly marvellous scene, the Devil being a superb character in Niven's hands, I would've liked to have seen more of him. You can tell Niven had a fun time populating Hell with some of humanity's latest horrors, now deceased. What he has Hitler doing is especially funny but not as brutal as some of the KKK members or hypocritical Christians.

Speaking of excellent characters, Jesus goes from being a Bill-and-Ted-type stoner to a more rounded person as the chapters fly by and I ended up really liking him. He's funny, well grounded, and is basically a good dude. Niven doesn't have him be overly preachy, or overly good, just be a decent person. And on the flip side is Steven Stelfox (the name is the only thing separating this character from Simon Cowell) who is the nasty British judge on American Pop Star. His rants and screaming sessions before and after the shows were particularly brilliant and reminded me of some of the scenes from Niven's last novel, the superb "Kill Your Friends".

I could write 2000 words on what I liked about this book easily but I'll keep it short. The scenes on the road trip from New York to LA were fantastic, clever, and touching; the scenes on American Pop Star were exciting and funny; and the scenes following in Texas shows Niven's ability to go from comedy to drama to high octane action effortlessly - Niven is a true master of fiction and this book showcases his abilities fantastically.

And the music! You wouldn't believe how well Niven writes music, about how it's performed, how it sounds, without even needing to hear it, you hear it on the page, and it's exhilarating!

I recently read another "Jesus returns!"-type story called "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible" by James Frey, and while that was a decent book, I felt it took itself too seriously and that this lack of humour spoiled the overall message of the book. John Niven's "The Second Coming" is different in that it doesn't question the basics of Christianity - there is a Heaven and Hell, a God and Devil, etc - but it does question some of the dogma of the religion and does so with humour and intelligence. More importantly, it's never repetitive or predictable (except for the end of course), and never once was I bored reading it.

If you're looking for a good book this Easter, hell anytime of the year!, you couldn't do much better than "The Second Coming".

AndyC

Franko 
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 21:14:54
#924 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Bit rich that, XTC blaming humans for creating gawd and thereby all the misery in the world, I mean look what XTC done to poor wee Nigel...

They made ruddy plans for the poor gits life and what was "best for him" and what did they do... got him a ruddy job working for British Steel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0X4Czq1c1E

It's a wonder they didn't go the whole hog and ruin poor wee Nigel totally by getting him a job at British Leyland...

Then the buggers went and ate the planet when the lead singer stuffed his face with it cos he thought it was a biscuit...

It's no wonder the worlds in the state it's in when were living on a half chewed spat out doggy biscuit that the lead singer of XTC coughed up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyX75NpibdU

XTC... the band that ruined the world and blamed it all on humans for creating Gawd who didn't created them, then they ran away... buggers...

PS: Haven't got a scooby what the frig I was gibbering about there as this thread has caused a meltdwon of me brain and it's on it way to China via the direct route right now...

PPS: If anyone from China in about 8 hours time happens to spot a small pool of gloop oozing out through the pavement, keep it, it's no good to me now (feed it to the dog or sumthink)...

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 21:46:07
#925 ]
From: Inside the mind of a cow on a planet that's flying through space at 242.334765 miles per second.

@Franko

If it wasn't for XTC kicking the whole football shaped world into space, we'd all still be stuck behind the bike rack in Gawds shed where we rolled off his workbench when he wasn't looking.

That is also the reason why the world has gone to the doGs as he's hunting around his shed for us and doesn't know we are floating above his head.

Hopefully Voyager 1 will reach him soon and start playing the heavy metal record it's got on board so that it gets his attention.

Google Translate

BrianK 
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 21:57:08
#926 ]
Elite Member

@AndyC

Thanks for the recommendation I'll check it out.

Speaking of good books dealing with Gods there's the great 'American Gods by Neil Gaiman'. A good commentary on American society along with the nature of religious belief.

And if someone wants an understanding of the impact of clashing religions on society and culture I'd highly recommend 'Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe'

Last edited by BrianK on 31-Aug-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Franko 
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 22:26:50
#927 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

It's Voyager 1's 35th birthday in a few days... do you think If gawd finds his ball then I could attach a nice wee birthday card onto it and the lead singer of XTC could kick it into space again (might be difficult at his age) so that Veeger wan could get a nice wee surprise on it birthday....

Just need to make sure you keep him away from biscuit shaped planets, mind you he's probably got false teeth by now so he has to dunk em in his tea... (wonder if that's what causes Tsunamis)... :-0

jaokim 
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 22:33:47
#928 ]

@AndyC

Quote:

AndyC wrote:
@Thread

If I haven't already, can I recommend this book to everyone here - BigD especially:

The Second Coming - John Niven

Haha!
I just read this the other week, and also thought of posting it to this thread!

Its hilarious, and I really can imagine myself believing in it. Who knows, in 1000 years, perhaps it will be the third testament?

I really have nothing against people with a faith and religious believes. Its just all these nut-jobs like BigD who claim to believe in science, but in the meantime refer to the bible as a valid source for explaining the universe. The bible is obviously man-made, 2000 years ago. Even if it all those years ago was written to exactly describe what God actually said, it is today a totally different book. It has been translated over and over, by humans interpreting it, with new modern words not entirely accurate to the original meaning. I can point to various linguistics research that clearly show that word change meaning over time. Just take the word "gay".

As you quote, God had one, and only one commandment: "Be nice". This I can have faith in.

Oh, and by the way, God loves fags.

Last edited by jaokim on 31-Aug-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 23:51:24
#929 ]

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Nimrod

Post #25

Quote:
The church is the only group that exists primarily for the benefit of it's non-members by sharing the good news of Jesus Christ or by easing suffering practically.

I see no defence of the Roman Catholic church here. I think you are confusing the use of 'the church' which means the fellowship of Bible believing Christians worldwide irrespective of denomination as described in the Bible.

This response once again totally ignores the point that it was you who introduced the christian religion to a thread that was originally about that other GOD called money (£37million, to be precise), and attempted to place it as the supreme example of the moral high ground. You then got all shouty because the rest of us wouldn't meekly submit to your demands.

Franko 
Posted on 31-Aug-2012 23:56:23
#930 ]
Elite Member

@ Anyone who knows about this stuff...

Is Gawd an atheist ???

I mean if we're supposed to believe in him and how he created us all etc... etc...

Then does he believe in a Gawd that created him and got him started on his merry little way...

And if not then why should we believe in him if he doesn't believe in the very ideas he tells all of us to believe in !!!

Thank Gawd all this Gawd malarky is merely hypothetical otherwise I'd go mental trying to figure it all out...

PS: Does Gawd work for the US Prison service, I was just watching a documentary about prisoners on death row in various prisons in the USA and most of them said they had found Gawd in their cells, so does the US penitentiary service employ lot's of Gawds to meet these guys or is he banged up for a crime and they move him from cell to cell where these guys meet him and yet strangely even with all their security and closed circuit TV's none of the guards have spotted him ???

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 6:58:05
#931 ]

@jaokim

Quote:

I really have nothing against people with a faith and religious believes. Its just all these nut-jobs like BigD who claim to believe in science, but in the meantime refer to the bible as a valid source for explaining the universe. The bible is obviously man-made, 2000 years ago. Even if it all those years ago was written to exactly describe what God actually said, it is today a totally different book. It has been translated over and over, by humans interpreting it, with new modern words not entirely accurate to the original meaning. I can point to various linguistics research that clearly show that word change meaning over time. Just take the word "gay".

As you quote, God had one, and only one commandment: "Be nice". This I can have faith in.

Oh, and by the way, God loves fags.

Because I am an alien creature, ten trillion years older than time, living inside of the mind of a dyslexic human hippie that is on an acid trip so deep that for the last five years he's believed he is a Highland cow with the ability to type on a keyboard, I sometimes find difficulty in writing in the human language of English. As such, can't always convey my meaning.

Jaokim, my friend, you have expressed in perfect English exactly how I feel. Were you a sexy lady who posed in a full size poster of yourself scratching her bum while she is playing tennis in a costume that would probably chaff a bit, I would have you on my wall.

As it is, I shall have to suffice to say, thank you.

Google Translate

BigD 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 13:32:12
#932 ]
Elite Member

@jaokim

Quote:
As you quote, God had one, and only one commandment: "Be nice". This I can have faith in. Oh, and by the way, God loves fags.

As you know there are 10 commandments and Christians are to be light in a world of darkness not simply "nice"! Focusing on the progressive liberals for a second; it's not nice to attempt to subvert and destroy marriage but it they're still attempting it.

The Bible (even in the New Testament) does not refer to homosexuals as a people group but simply as a sinful practice (one among many).

Quote:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 New International Version (NIV)

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I fail to see by reading the Bible how God would both define people under the collective term "gay people" or that he'd distinctly love them BECAUSE of their sinful behaviour! He loves them DESPITE their sin but as a perfect judge cannot ignore it. It takes the sacrificial death of Jesus on the cross to make remedy for our lives of sin and we have to be repentant.

It's not just a case a ignorantly editing away the Bible to suit your own world view. Your basically making up your own personal god and that my friend is idolatry.

Last edited by BigD on 01-Sep-2012 at 01:33 PM.

BigD 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 13:38:22
#933 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

Back to thread....

Regarding the recent 3-way- Civil-Partnership ruling;

Quote:
The Brazilian Family Institute, which openly supports both polygamous and same-sex unions, welcomed the decision. “We have to respect the private nature of relationships and learn to live in this pluralistic society recognising different desires,” said the group’s vice-president.

British sociologist Patricia Morgan, who specialises in family policy and criminology, said she was not surprised by the ruling, adding that similar attempts have been made in the Netherlands.

She that the proliferation of a range of relationships that will be legally considered equal to marriage was inevitable once the institution had been redefined.

“In the Netherlands to be equal they opened up civil partnerships to heterosexuals as well as to gays but then found that there were these three-in-a-bed relationships that were seeking legal recognition,” she said.

“I think it is all part of the cause,” she said. “Once you break away from one man and one woman, what do you expect?

This is what the UK's misguided plans will achieve, the complete devaluing to the point of irrelevance of our cherished institution of marriage. Let's hope more of the silent majority speak out in its defence and hold our politicians to account.

BigD 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 14:02:40
#934 ]
Elite Member

@Thread

There's already quangos and organisations chomping at the bit to flood our schools with sick homosexual agenda literature ready to push home that homosexual marriage is normal if marriage is redefined;

Schools Out: Providing School Kits for Primary & Secondary Schools

Quote:
The Schools OUT Student Tool Kit is for young people in any British secondary educational setting who are – or are perceived to be - lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender/transsexual or queer (LGBTQ). It is also useful for your friends and family members. Most of the Student Tool Kit is relevant for all schools. Some areas are equally applicable to primary schools.

How on earth does a primary school child now if they are "LGBTQ" or not? Sick. All this does is encourage sexual experimentation at an ever younger age. Regular Sex Education has been completely ineffective at reducing under age pregnancy why do we think this is going to do anything other than confuse another generation of children?

From the Guardian article there are a range of primary age books ready to ship to UK primary schools;

Quote:
King & King A queen wants her son to get married and become king. She arranges for a string of princesses to meet her son but he does not fall in love with any of them. In the end it is one of the princesses' brothers who catches his eye. The princes get married and become two kings.

Spacegirl Pukes A little girl who is about to set off on a space mission falls ill. Her two parents, mummy Loula and mummy Neenee take her home to look after her but then they fall ill too. When she recovers, the spacegirl puts back on her suit and goes on an adventure to space.

And Tango Makes Three Two male penguins, Roy and Silo, live in a New York zoo but feel left out when all their friends pair up. They spend all their time together until the zoo-keeper realises they must be in love. The zoo-keeper gives the couple an egg and Tango is born, the first penguin in the zoo with two daddies.

What a totally depraved society that considers brain washing our most impressionable children with these controversial ideas because liberal progressives who are a tiny minority of our population deem it to be "the way forward".

AndyC 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 15:39:40
#935 ]

@BigD

Regarding 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, did Jesus write that? Did God write that, or (as I suspect) did an ordinary, fallible man write that?

Also, you've suggested again that posters in this thread, and indeed entire Christian denominations, have been selective in their use of and reading of the bible.

Note again that you didn't answer my fair questions regarding what parts of the bible you choose not to believe.

Anyway, just one more question.

Do believe in Australia?

Thanks,

AndyC

Franko 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 15:55:57
#936 ]
Elite Member

@BigD

Quote:

BigD wrote:
@Thread

What a totally depraved society that considers brain washing our most impressionable children with these controversial ideas because liberal progressives who are a tiny minority of our population deem it to be "the way forward".

I can only assume from that comment you are speaking about the same society that does exactly everything you said there by sending those impressionable kids to schools that teach any form of religion or taking them into a church and brainwashing them at an early age in the fairy tales & myths of religion but trying to pass it off to them as fact...

SpaceDruid 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 17:08:12
#937 ]

@BigD

So you are in agreement with me that children are easily impressionable and must be protected form controversial ideas?

Good, so you should also agree with me that religion should not be taught to anyone under the age of 18, or if it should, all 21 major world religions (that's before breaking them down their factions) should be given equal billing (as well as being told they don't have to believe in any of them)?

With something as important as an eternal soul and their being currently 2870 supernatural beings that can be considered Gods to choose from, such a choice should be made by an informed and rational brain and not by the mind of an impressionable child.

To do anything other than these option means you are part of a minority pushing your own agenda.

I'm glad you finally understand your own hypocrisy, who was it that said BigD wasn't capable of comprehending our post? Was that me? Bad me.

Last edited by SpaceDruid on 01-Sep-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Google Translate

Nimrod 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 18:39:15
#938 ]

@BigD

Quote:
As you know there are 10 commandments and Christians are to be light in a world of darkness not simply "nice"!
And you are certainly a bearer of light. Did you know that the latin translation of bringer of light is lucifer

Quote:
Focusing on the progressive liberals for a second;
Yes let us focus on progressive liberals. One progressive liberal in particular who summed up all of the commandments, Mosaic Law, prophets etc. into one simple statement that can be paraphrased as "Do unto others, as you wuold have them do unto you". (Matthew 7:12 and Luke 6:31) At the rate that your religion is declining, you will soon be outnumbered by the LGBT crowd. Would you then be happy to be told that Xtians are not to be permitted to marry, raise kids, be seen in public, etc. Should that day ever dawn, it would not be anything that you have not inflicted on others, but I would still defend your minority group, just as I defend your current victims.

Quote:
it's not nice to attempt to subvert and destroy marriage
True, it isn't. But as yet you have failed to provide any evidence that any but the lunatic fringe have this as an agenda. Ascribing this as some form of liberal conspiracy is merely a smokescreen to conceal your own hateful agenda. Did nobody ever tell you that it is not "nice" to lie.

Quote:
I fail to see by reading the Bible how God would both define people under the collective term "gay people" or that he'd distinctly love them BECAUSE of their sinful behaviour! He loves them DESPITE their sin but as a perfect judge cannot ignore it. It takes the sacrificial death of Jesus on the cross to make remedy for our lives of sin and we have to be repentant.
I thought you said that this wasn't about religion, yet here you are again trying to ram your own twisted, perverted, hate filled, take on an otherwise reasonable religion down other peoples throats.

Quote:
It's not just a case a ignorantly editing away the Bible to suit your own world view. You're basically making up your own personal god and that my friend is idolatry
And that, my friend, is a perfect summary of your posts on this site. You, and others like you have taken a gospel of peace and harmony, and used it to justify bile and intolerance on your part and genocide by your fellows. (I corrected the bad grammar in your quote for you, I really cannot abide any form of ignorance)

Quote:
What a totally depraved society that considers brain washing our most impressionable children with these controversial ideas because liberal progressives who are a tiny minority of our population deem it to be "the way forward"
I agree whole heartedly. How dare anybody preach love and harmony, tolerance and forgiveness, equality and fairness. Personally I think that these people should be taken outside of the city limits and nailed to a really big piece of wood. Or didn't somebody already try that? (Or not, as the case may be. No reliable evidence)

Frags 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 18:59:28
#939 ]
Cult Member

I hope strategic and even tactical defence, is soon placed in the hands of computers.

I really, truly do.

Computers are very reliable and don`t believe in fairies.

- insert profound text here -

BigD 
Posted on 1-Sep-2012 22:12:41
#940 ]
Elite Member

@SpaceDruid

Quote:
With something as important as an eternal soul and their being currently 2870 supernatural beings that can be considered Gods to choose from, such a choice should be made by an informed and rational brain and not by the mind of an impressionable child.

We know that the only true God is Yahweh the Judeo-Christian God of the New and Old testaments. What do you mean there are another 2869?! Again with the idolatry and false gods .

If you don't believe he has heard our prayers and blessed our nation then consider the following; He blessed our British Empire probably with the intention that we'd use it to spread the Gospel rather than try and enrich ourselves as we ended up doing. He answered our prayers during WW2 and He shows patience with us by still blessing us despite us murdering 190,000 babies a year and attempting to destroy his gift of marriage! I haven't even mentioned corrupt politicians and their expenses or the rise in slavery yet again through the guise of sex trafficking.

Oh and recent rise and rise of 'Gay Pride' events sponsored by Government departments and the persecution and sacking of Christians in the public sector for living out their faith in the workplace. One rule for practising homosexuals and another for practising Christians.

Made me think of this

Last edited by BigD on 01-Sep-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle