Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
22 crawler(s) on-line.
 110 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Beajar:  11 mins ago
 Rob:  13 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 16 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 RobertB:  1 hr 36 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 26 mins ago
 Bruce72:  2 hrs 28 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  3 hrs 15 mins ago
 t0lkien:  3 hrs 20 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 41 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Inc. offshoot
      /  Term Sheet for New Acquisition of Amiga Games Inc.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
PosterThread
number6 
Re: Term Sheet for New Acquisition of Amiga Games Inc.
Posted on 17-Aug-2014 0:02:53
#161 ]
Elite Member

@Boot_WB

I think John Pillow did a decent summary of it on EAB.

mentioned here

Profile     Report this post  
number6 
Posted on 25-Aug-2014 14:04:07
#162 ]
Elite Member

@thread

Quote:
by number6 on 21-Nov-2013 19:29:53

The same poster (DamienMcKenna) on twitter who claimed mid-November launch now claims another delay and another self-imposed launch date:

Quote:

We are still anticipating release before Xmas. Hang in there, we can't legally say anything just yet.

Above he seems to be speaking for Amiga Games Inc. Now he seems to be asking them what's going on. Communication breakdown?

Quote:

Damien McKenna
Yesterday at 3:03am

Any update yet on the iOS games that were originally stated to be available last December?

Interesting post from DamienMcKenna in response to an Amiga.org thread "What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1" from 2003:

Quote:
Before you do that...
Just do yourself a favor and ask yourself if you would support a company that had knowingly and willingly not filed taxes for two years even when it legally was required to do so? They aren't a not-for-profit organization or a charity, they are a business that did not succeed due to decisions management consciously made, so it should not be up to the community to bail them out when they got themselves in this situation.

Source

One has to wonder if he's not sensing the same problems again. *shrug*

Last edited by number6 on 25-Aug-2014 at 02:14 PM.

number6 
Posted on 28-Aug-2014 16:48:09
#163 ]
Elite Member

@thread

ouch. stock is tanking.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/writ

Dropped almost 1/2 its value since opening today.

Although it could get pushed up again later, it's worth noting that the previous low was about .04 and it has now hit .03.

Just for some perspective here...although many bought in around .20, there was a post yesterday about .40 being break even point for others. So, we're talking about people getting 1/7 to 1/14 of their money back at this moment.

Last edited by number6 on 28-Aug-2014 at 04:58 PM.

CritAnime 
Posted on 7-Sep-2014 13:42:03
#164 ]
Cult Member

@number6

Looks like everything has gone belly up and all the domains are parked. http://writmediagroup.com/

Admin at Commodore Gaming Wiki

number6 
Posted on 7-Sep-2014 14:00:32
#165 ]
Elite Member

@CritAnime

Ditto atm for:

RetroInfinity

and

Amiga Games Inc.

I noticed the stock had plunged even further into the .02X range before this.
I just got bored with posting the redundancy of the value of this "investment".

However, Friday the investor's hub site was producing an error seemingly attributed to investor's hub, so I wouldn't assume anything just yet.
Specifically, you could not connect to:
http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/writ
due to server error 500:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/500servererror.htm

Last edited by number6 on 07-Sep-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Last edited by number6 on 07-Sep-2014 at 02:03 PM.

number6 
Posted on 16-Sep-2014 12:41:38
#166 ]
Elite Member

@thread

WRIT Media Enters NASCAR's Top Series in US & Europe

No comment.

Darrin 
Posted on 16-Sep-2014 16:54:23
#167 ]
Team Member

@number6

Where did they find the money to do that?

Darrin 
Posted on 16-Sep-2014 16:56:53
#168 ]
Team Member

A quick look at the board and it seems someone else is asking questions too and it doesn't seem to be going down too well.

Anybody know any NASCAR fans? I've known a couple and they're not the sort of people that usually play with computers/apps.

number6 
Posted on 17-Sep-2014 20:56:29
#169 ]
Elite Member

@Darrin

Unless I'm reading this wrong...

Today the stock dropped another 44%

I can understand why some posts contain the words "pray" now, since there is still no product whatsoever.

Darrin 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 4:00:56
#170 ]
Team Member

@number6

I just looked at the same graph as you and I see the 44% drop to 0.021 cents per share.

The whole sponsorship thing seems highly suspect and I like the way someone linked back to the Amiga sponsorship of that hockey stadium, because this really does stick of the same sort of hype (especially when you look at WRIT's cash assets).

It seems to be a common think with companies now to lie about partners, assets and products in order to inflate the perceived "worth" of their business. Look back at Commodore USA and their claims "partner" with various companies just because they all appeared on a flyer inside a DVD case for a certain movie. Or their "factory" with "thousands of motherboards", etc.

I guess it is all about convincing people who might want to purchase your product that you're big enough to still be in business in 12 months to stand by your warrantee. Alternatively it can also be that you want to con people into investing in you. I think WRIT's lack of products tends to suggest the latter, but could be wrong.

Regardless, it doesn't matter what they sponsor if they have nothing to sell. The C-USA DVD promotion coming out before they had any C64X machines to ship demonstrated this.

number6 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 16:25:22
#171 ]
Elite Member

@Darrin

ugh....

WRIT Media Retains Digney & Company as Public Relations Agency

Following in the utter failure of Amiga Inc.'s footsteps we get another "retainment" announcement as "news".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were working on a long time plan with Nascar, would you not have this coincide with the beginning of the season as opposed to the end? Would that not give you the most time to exercise your "plan"?

Oh, and we have (for the 2nd year now)...
Quote:
Amiga Games and Retro Infinity, will introduce multiple classic video game titles later this year

So, we've gone from hundreds last Fall to "multiple" titles this year.
Can no one read that as a clear step backwards as well as a "rinse & repeat" announcement?

Darrin 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 16:43:50
#172 ]
Team Member

@number6

I just checked it out, and someone has already drawn attention with a post pointing out how worthless this news was.

I found (what I think) is the same PR company on Linked-In and it seems to boast 4 employees.

As you say, how is "retainment" of a company news worthy of hype? This looks like yet another desperate attempt to make the share price jump up from that 0.021c level.

Why is it so hard to throw out EUAE with some ADF files? Hell, they could even sell their own Minimig boards with pre-installed games. At least that would count as a product and generate some revenue (assuming they have the cash to fund a production run and someone with enough brain cells to configure the SD Card).

number6 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 16:52:22
#173 ]
Elite Member

@Darrin

Quote:
Why is it so hard to throw out EUAE with some ADF files?

I honestly do not know from a standpoint of risk where this all stands today.
I do know that the ROMS were an issue for them early on.
Think of the implications if someone were to "help" them get their product to market. Would not someone assisting them with this matter be seen as villains of the community given how most feel about the parent company?

Darrin 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 16:53:38
#174 ]
Team Member

Hell, here's a simple idea:

Why don't they just make a pre-configured SD Card that people can shove into their FPGA Machines with Kickstart ROMs, Workbench ADFs, bootable HDF file and a selection of "their" games?

They could sell them online or even offer them to the various companies selling Minimig-like machines to include with the hardware.

Unless they don't have the rights to the Kickstart ROMs, Workbench or any games...

Or they just don't want to ship any products...

Darrin 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 17:01:43
#175 ]
Team Member

@number6

Quote:
Think of the implications if someone were to "help" them get their product to market. Would not someone assisting them with this matter be seen as villains of the community given how most feel about the parent company?

That's an interesting point. Mind you, the community is so split that everybody thinks somebody is a villain anyway, so what's one more especially if we see something that people might actually want.

Half of the problem with Amiga Inc (or Amiga Games, or whoever involves themselves with any part of this company) is that they don't do anything worthwhile with the rights to Kickstart or Workbench (apart from licenses like Cloanto or trying to trying to allow a PC running Linux to be called an Amiga running an Amiga OS).

If they actually allowed someone to use Kickstart and Workbench in the true Amiga spirit then perhaps they might find themselves getting a few positive posts at last.

As someone who has his own company, I really can't understand why anyone would turn down the potential to make some money for almost no effort and then to use it for company advertising/marketing too.

number6 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 17:04:11
#176 ]
Elite Member

@Darrin

Quote:
Unless they don't have the rights to the Kickstart ROMs, Workbench or any games...

Well, since they were trying to acquire certain rights, it is probably safe to assume they did not "have" the rights.
Beyond the Kickstart ROMs, we also have the public information from the discussion between Robert Dohnert and Patrick Roberts concerning the problems with Apple and emulation (their IOS talk).
And whether connected or not, Manomio (Hyperion's connection) lost their Commodore license and was assaulted by Apple not once but twice as well before vanishing into the mist.
Apparently the emulation angle from a legal perspective is more complicated than we mortals can discern.

number6 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 17:08:37
#177 ]
Elite Member

@Darrin

Quote:
That's an interesting point. Mind you, the community is so split that everybody thinks somebody is a villain anyway, so what's one more especially if we see something that people might actually want.

Don't get me wrong. Obviously business is business as well, so licensing the ROMs might very well trump the above. It's just one consideration.

Quote:
As someone who has his own company, I really can't understand why anyone would turn down the potential to make some money for almost no effort and then to use it for company advertising/marketing too.

That is an often asked question. If all the people with Amiga aspirations were in the U.S., we might say "tax loss" benefits outweighing any commercial benefits. But it's more complicated when you drag in the people overseas. heh.

Darrin 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 17:12:16
#178 ]
Team Member

@number6

and meanwhile we lose out on potential good products because nobody knows who owns anything and one small mistake brings down the money-grabbing lawyers.

Darrin 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 17:19:20
#179 ]
Team Member

@number6

Quote:
That is an often asked question. If all the people with Amiga aspirations were in the U.S., we might say "tax loss" benefits outweighing any commercial benefits. But it's more complicated when you drag in the people overseas. heh

LOL. Yeah, but I prefer to make money so I can spend money to make "tax deductions".

My CPA isn't handy, but could they get away with selling a SD Card to E-ON for $10 and say that it was actually "worth" $30, but you had to discount it $20 to effectively pay them $20 to put your logo on the box/wallpaper. So, you made $10 per card and "spent" $20 on tax-deductible advertising! I wonder what the IRS would make of that.

number6 
Posted on 18-Sep-2014 17:23:45
#180 ]
Elite Member

@Darrin

Quote:
I wonder what the IRS would make of that.

They seem as completely diligent as the SEC, so I wouldn't ponder that long.

Quote:
As you say, how is "retainment" of a company news worthy of hype?

Keeping in mind that Bill was also retained as a consultant for these people, surely you can see the parallel of:
one of the Amiga Inc. versions of "news"

This went on and on and on with them promising to answer questions for Amiga Inc., particularly when I brought up changes in the board of directors. It's all documented on Amiga sites. Long story short, they never responded to questions after making promises to do so.

Quote:
and meanwhile we lose out on potential good products because nobody knows who owns anything and one small mistake brings down the money-grabbing lawyers.

Well, that's close to what I linked to again here:
with another fine example

As to "nobody knows", give it about 5 weeks. Perhaps there's still an honest apple in the barrel.

Last edited by number6 on 18-Sep-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle