Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 101 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 cdimauro:  8 mins ago
 retrofaza:  37 mins ago
 agami:  1 hr 45 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 52 mins ago
 Seiya:  4 hrs 39 mins ago
 matthey:  5 hrs 1 min ago
 Rob:  6 hrs 11 mins ago
 vox:  6 hrs 16 mins ago
 kolla:  7 hrs 9 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Free For All
      /  Nibiru, what if ? - Part 4
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
BrianK 
Re: Nibiru, what if ? - Part 4
Posted on 3-Jul-2014 15:49:45
#81 ]
Elite Member

The Asteriod that changed life on the planet -- Did scientists find the meteoroid that crashed into earth and sprung forth the diversification of life?

And here I thought Stichin said it was Xenu who came to earth to do this.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianK 
Posted on 7-Jul-2014 18:44:50
#82 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Thought you might like this. How to use sand and water to reduce friction by 50%. http://www.iflscience.com/physics/mystery-how-egyptians-moved-pyramid-stones-solved

Now I'll give you they assumed it to be water in the picture in a purification ritual. And now claim they are wrong and think the water was used for lubrication. They could be wrong about it being water. Perhaps it was alien blood? ;)

EDIT - click on the Gizmodo link at the bottom. You'll see the 2.5 ton statue is being towed by 4 teams of 28 people per team. There might be a bit more? Not sure if the guys at front and back were working. They looked like crew masters so I didn't count them.

Just for fun let's assume the sled was 1/2 to itself so the 3 tons towed by 112 people would each be towing about 60 pounds per person. If adding water cut the friction in half that'd be like towing 30 pounds. Of course, it's unlikely the mixture was perfect all the time and there were likely uphills they had to tow. Let's say a conservative average of 50 pounds per person.

We know the Egyptian worked in shifts and lived where they worked. I could tow 50 pounds around each day. I used to carry more than 60 pounds around all day. (Thank you exercise that I don't do that any more.)

Simple human intelligence and muscle at work can resolve this problem without the need of invoking unknown aliens using unknown means.

Last edited by BrianK on 07-Jul-2014 at 09:04 PM.

olegil 
Posted on 8-Jul-2014 11:28:07
#83 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Aha! But a scientific postulate requires proof to be accepted, while religion can be accepted just on face value. So there.

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

BrianK 
Posted on 11-Jul-2014 16:48:06
#84 ]
Elite Member

@Lou,

I thought it was in here somewhere that you said HIV was cured? Maybe I recall another thread on another site. If so apologies.

But, if you're interested HIV was thought cured in a newborn. 2 years later when tested it appears that HIV is not cured

BrianK 
Posted on 23-Jul-2014 10:50:04
#85 ]
Elite Member

Black holes may be White holes. The postulate mathematically works.

Lou 
Posted on 25-Jul-2014 6:10:48
#86 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:
You have proven that you like to type a lot. That's about it.

As well as proving that you trawl the web for any C.R.A.P. that you can post as an alternate for what can be supported by evidence.
It has also been proved that you dishonestly change your inane assertions once they have been proved to be false.
It has also been proved that you accept any baseless assertion as fact just because it is supposed to be "new ideas" even though it can be shown to be not only C.R.A.P. but Stale C.R.A.P..

You've proven to live up to your name.
You've proven to repeat rhetoric and out of date "theories" in the face of incorrectness.
Why do you even bother posting? Oh yeah to troll of course. Everything you learned 40+ years ago about science is wrong today.

GR was wrong the day they made up dark energy as a 'placeholder'.
You are wrong. You do nothing but repeat yourself exactly like someone who's gone insane. Thanks for providing THAT evidence.

Lou 
Posted on 25-Jul-2014 6:14:49
#87 ]
Elite Member

Oh look, assumptions made by relativity epically fail again...

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/07/mysterious-orbits-of-dwarf-galaxies-found-all-over-the-nearby-universe/

Color me shocked...[or not].

BrianK 
Posted on 28-Jul-2014 18:11:44
#88 ]
Elite Member

Just because it's quantum doesn't mean it's magic

BrianK 
Posted on 28-Jul-2014 18:29:14
#89 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Quote:
Oh look, assumptions made by relativity epically fail again...

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/07/mysterious-orbits-of-dwarf-galaxies-found-all-over-the-nearby-universe/

Color me shocked...[or not].

Exciting evidence that perhaps there's a way out of the current cosmological view into something better.

Though I wanted to be clear you understand the point of order in science is not that a new theory wins by default. Instead each new theory must demonstrate its ability by its own merit. Again I'm willing to accept just bring the evidence. I have that beer chilling for when you come to pick me up in your retrofitted anti-gravity Pontiac Fiero that runs for free.

Nimrod 
Posted on 28-Jul-2014 22:25:58
#90 ]

@Lou

Quote:

it may well be that GR is incorrect, or it may just be that we were not aware of all of the different aspects of matter and energy.

But what have you got that is better than GR
Quantum only works at subatomic levels, which is even more "localised" than you claim GR to be effective at.
Harameins "Schwartzchild proton" was a dud.
The "anti-gravity" of Podkletnov never got off the ground
Your Radiation pressure has been proved and measured as being insufficiently powerful to achieve the claims that you make for it.
Luminiferous Ether has simply never put in an appearance either at the levels predicted or any other levels.

What you still fail to understand is that scientists did not simply accept Einsteins GR simply because he claimed that Newton was not sufficiently accurate. GR got accepted over Luminiferous Ether because while they both made predictions GR very closely matched the predictions while the Michelson-Morley experiment found that the predicted fringing didn't exist. That was true the day they carried out the experiment,m it was true the next day, and the next year. It will still be true in forty years time.

Every bit of C.R.A.P. you have dredged up has been worse than wrong, but you still do nothing but repeat yourself. (I think you know the rest of the statement)

BrianK 
Posted on 29-Jul-2014 16:56:33
#91 ]
Elite Member

@Lou,

Science!

BrianK 
Posted on 30-Jul-2014 14:19:22
#92 ]
Elite Member

1 Billion dollar Satellite begins 3D mapping it's assigned 1% of our galaxy creating about 50GB/day of data.

http://www.cnet.com/news/gaia-satellite-begins-3d-mapping-the-galaxy/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_mission

BrianK 
Posted on 10-Aug-2014 3:31:04
#93 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

Dark Matter is now fairly generally accepted
http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/AstroKatie

olegil 
Posted on 11-Aug-2014 7:45:19
#94 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

It is or its?

Using "voltage" instead of "potential", which leads to inventing new words like "amperage" instead of "current" (I, measured in A) or possible "charge" (amperehours, Ah or Coulomb, C). Sometimes I don't even know what people mean.

BrianK 
Posted on 25-Aug-2014 21:23:48
#95 ]
Elite Member

@Lou

New Physics - http://www.wired.com/2014/08/multiverse/

A good short article on how science knows that we're at the end of our predictions and a new path is needed. I know you say 'EM is God' but you're model of god and others models of god need to stand up to testing and verification so we know which god is real, or not.

...Also, it's been a while but you put forward the 'Giant Skeleton's exist C.R.A.P. I was talking with friend recently who said the same thing. He emailed me some 20xx pictures from Saudi to show me. He didn't know about the Square-Cube Law. It's a good one to think about and easy way to show his Giants were really photoshopped and couldn't physically exist in the manner the bones in his pictures would have us believing. ...

BrianK 
Posted on 30-Aug-2014 17:50:05
#96 ]
Elite Member

Comparing forces makes no sense

Lou 
Posted on 31-Aug-2014 18:01:56
#97 ]
Elite Member

@Nimrod

Quote:

Nimrod wrote:
@Lou

Quote:

it may well be that GR is incorrect, or it may just be that we were not aware of all of the different aspects of matter and energy.

But what have you got that is better than GR
Quantum only works at subatomic levels, which is even more "localised" than you claim GR to be effective at.
Harameins "Schwartzchild proton" was a dud.
The "anti-gravity" of Podkletnov never got off the ground
Your Radiation pressure has been proved and measured as being insufficiently powerful to achieve the claims that you make for it.
Luminiferous Ether has simply never put in an appearance either at the levels predicted or any other levels.

What you still fail to understand is that scientists did not simply accept Einsteins GR simply because he claimed that Newton was not sufficiently accurate. GR got accepted over Luminiferous Ether because while they both made predictions GR very closely matched the predictions while the Michelson-Morley experiment found that the predicted fringing didn't exist. That was true the day they carried out the experiment,m it was true the next day, and the next year. It will still be true in forty years time.

Every bit of C.R.A.P. you have dredged up has been worse than wrong, but you still do nothing but repeat yourself. (I think you know the rest of the statement)

RP has not been disproven. You have proven nothing, but go in repeating yourself if that's what makes you happy in life.

Lou 
Posted on 31-Aug-2014 18:04:11
#98 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

Dark Matter is now fairly generally accepted
http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/AstroKatie

I 100% agree with dark matter as 'undiscovered' matter, but the crazier stuff is far from accepted. They keep finding more inter-galactic hydrogen, so the actual matter percentage has climbed and the dark matter percentage diminished.

Remember when I said this solar system is in a bubble?
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/27/tech/innovation/space-local-bubble/index.html

Last edited by Lou on 31-Aug-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Lou 
Posted on 31-Aug-2014 18:09:13
#99 ]
Elite Member

@BrianK

Quote:

BrianK wrote:
Comparing forces makes no sense

Hey remember when you and some nimrod were convinced SUSY didn't exist since and used that to disprove some of the many scientists/engineers that use SUSY in their RP theories...

...well...
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/176969-searching-for-supersymmetry-work-begins-on-large-hadron-colliders-60-mile-long-successor

Last edited by Lou on 31-Aug-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Nimrod 
Posted on 31-Aug-2014 21:53:41
#100 ]

@Lou

Quote:
RP has not been disproven. You have proven nothing, but go in repeating yourself if that's what makes you happy in life.

Three points.
1) Null-hypothesis. Until such time as you can provide sufficient levels of evidence to corroborate your Consistently Ridiculous Asinine Presuppositions, the default is that they are not true. The onus is on its proponents to prove it, not vice versa.
2) The levels of Radiation Pressure have actually been measured and have been shown to be insufficient to achieve what you claim that is achieved by RP. We do not deny the existence of RP but we know that you cannot lift the mass of a SaturnV rocket into Earth orbit by shining an l.e.d. torch from the tailpipe.
3) The two stars in J0651 are moving towards each other, not receding as they would if RP were anywhere near as powerful as you presuppose. Admittedly they will not merge for about another two million years, but they will merge instead of moving apart. They will do that because the gravitational attraction of their combined masses will draw them together despite them being two brightly shining spheres in a dark "box".

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle