Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
20 crawler(s) on-line.
 77 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

kolla

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 kolla:  2 secs ago
 clint:  11 mins ago
 kiFla:  26 mins ago
 zipper:  39 mins ago
 kriz:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 AMIGASYSTEM:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 31 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 Karlos:  1 hr 43 mins ago
 pavlor:  1 hr 46 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  Sil 3112 v Sil3512?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DWolfman 
Re: Sil 3112 v Sil3512?
Posted on 18-Jul-2014 13:14:17
#21 ]

@daveyw

Is there somewhere that we can get a copy of uboot 1.1.4 for the XE G4? My A1 is still down since I haven't had the time to resolve the stability issues and I've wanted to switch it over to a SATA drive for a while anyway since I have a bunch lying around and they are MUCH quieter than the few old IDE drives I still have.

Profile     Report this post  
DWolfman 
Posted on 21-Jul-2014 11:36:08
#22 ]

I've got a copy of uboot 1.1.4 now for the A1XE.

Now just need to try and get the stability issue fixed, which I think is due to the Megarray connector on the CPU. I likely just need to unplug the card and plug it back in, probably starting to get some corrosion on the pins.

When I get to try it with the 3114, I'll let you all know how it works.

Last edited by DWolfman on 21-Jul-2014 at 03:34 PM.

daveyw 
Posted on 23-Jul-2014 7:48:34
#23 ]

Well, I'm now on uBoot 1.1.4 and running solely off the sil3114.

I haven't seen much posted about uboot 1.1.4, other than a few vague mutters, so here's what I've found so far.

Rather than adding support for 3114 under the "Serial SII IDE CD-ROM/DISK" bootsource, extra bootsources called "4 way Serial SII IDE CD-ROM/DISK" have been added, and these are what you select to boot off the 3114. In the graphical uboot prefs, the extra menu item gets a little messy and often part of your menu is on screen when you select another option. No biggie, just lacking polish. And of course, these bootsources aren't in the WB Prefs.

Oddly, it seems that uboot only recognises two ports on the 3114, port 0 and port 3 (first and last). This was earlier noted here http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1602

imagebam.com

Booting off the HDD is easy. The splash screen stays on for a loooooooooong time, which is odd, given that under my sil0680 it flashed by pretty quick.

However, the DVD drive is giving me a real headache. I bought a brand new drive, an LG GH24NSb0. It's a replay of the last time I bought a brand new PATA DVD drive.

I can boot from it. I can play CDDA. DVPlayer can play DVDs beautifully, full speed with no lag at all, but mplayer (and mui-mplayer) cannot. The disc spins, they try to open a window, but nothing. And I cannot copy commercial discs with PeeVOBill.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried various UDMA speeds, but given how well DVPlayer works I don't think that's the problem.

I may have to resort to the same "solution" last time I bought a new DVD drive that turned out to be a lemon: buy an old, cheap second-hand one, that turned out to work perfectly.

A1200T 40Mhz 68040, OS 3.9

Spectre660 
Posted on 23-Jul-2014 22:57:04
#24 ]
Elite Member

@daveyw

Mplayer does seem to have an issue with playing DVDS .

Maybe this new version will handle them

Quote:
LiveForIt New Mplater 1.1.1 is coming out soon, with full DVD playback support and other goodies, some of the work that being done for video in mplayer now will most likely done in Basilisk in the future.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39228&forum=2&start=60&viewmode=flat&order=0#737733

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle