Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
28 crawler(s) on-line.
 71 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  15 mins ago
 Karlos:  33 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  52 mins ago
 SOFISTISOFTWARE:  55 mins ago
 Marcian:  57 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  59 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 7 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 cdimauro:  2 hrs 21 mins ago
 bhabbott:  2 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Hardware
      /  Good LCD/LED monitor for Amiga?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Vanhapolle 
Re: Good LCD/LED monitor for Amiga?
Posted on 14-Oct-2014 3:35:35
#21 ]

i found this dell shows non standard 640x480x37hz interlace very fine i dont tired scale it but i mean some displays say even is out of range. and this using VGA input. My old TV what i sayed (FInlux) accepts actually very few modes this at least try show even weirder ones. And i found with amiga is gem even graphic card drivers with Classic Amiga and at least Morphos1.4.5 even display prefs says its 60hz i trust dispaly whensays for example then 56hz. i found similar thing all displays what i used with Amiga,and Pegasos 2 with graphic card. And i used about 4-5 displays which shows used syncs. with mac,and pc displayed vlaues are same what i setuped. This odd i know and i hope we fix this someday.

Profile     Report this post  
Vanhapolle 
Posted on 14-Oct-2014 4:20:01
#22 ]

1280x1024 panel with amiga is bad why amiga pixels are not square ones. To my kind serious user is problem. i dont care much gaems but graphicprograms and demoscene and coding own stuiff.

danwood 
Posted on 14-Oct-2014 4:49:02
#23 ]

@NovaCoder

Quote:
a decent CRT with good colors is very hard to find these days

Weird, they're really easy to find here in the UK. People are almost giving them away. I got a beautiful 19" Diamondtron Mitsubishi monitor, was almost £1,000 a decade ago, I bought it for £1.

Next to my 22" Samsung LCD you can see the vast difference, the CRT is superior in absolutely every way on the Amiga.

NovaCoder 
Posted on 14-Oct-2014 4:59:24
#24 ]

@danwood

Quote:

danwood wrote:
@NovaCoder

Quote:
a decent CRT with good colors is very hard to find these days

Weird, they're really easy to find here in the UK. People are almost giving them away. I got a beautiful 19" Diamondtron Mitsubishi monitor, was almost £1,000 a decade ago, I bought it for £1.

Hi Dan,

Yes the 19" Diamondtron is a nice monitor, my brother used to have one for his PC back in the day ;)

A good CRT is very hard to find over here, I guess most of them have gone to landfill by now.

Hypex 
Posted on 14-Oct-2014 13:01:50
#25 ]
Elite Member

@NovaCoder

I have an LCD monitor of the same resolution. I bring it to meetings. It looks okay through the PicassoIV scan doubler. Especially since I took some advice and reflashed the settings to it so AGA screens no longer corrupt. For the moment.

Hypex 
Posted on 14-Oct-2014 13:06:21
#26 ]
Elite Member

@Vanhapolle

What do you wish to fix? What I got from that is a VGA montor accepting Amiga modes and others. I don't want that to be fixed. I want to keep that feature!

Last edited by Hypex on 17-Oct-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Vanhapolle 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 0:41:21
#27 ]

@Hypex

Mean when amiga graphiccard driver says for example 31.5khz 60hz display says 32.7khz 63hz (numbers are only example). But when i select mac or pc 31.5khz 60hz display says 31.5khz 60hz. I mean syncs what i setup in computer side also shows in correct way in display side. my old crt haved i think 6 premade setting palcesi cannot use them becouse amiga graphic cards maked unique syncs what i cannot get match premade settings. Even MorhpOS3.7 syncs differs what display and mode-edit says.
With my now non owned Windows XP Pro PCdont have this problem same goes all OSX computers what i own. This thing helps use more displays what i talk. If someone dont want this fixed sounds very odd. And i trust display when it shows syncs...

Hypex 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 12:53:04
#28 ]
Elite Member

@Vanhapolle

When you say Amiga graphic card driver do you actually mean an Amiga graphics card plugged into a video or Zorro slot with a VGA out? In that case, like with my PicassoIV, you should be able to adjust the output settings using the setting programs provided with the driver.

If you mean the native Amiga output coming from the RGB then yeah, AFAIK, that is fixed. But it was made for TV sets where the slighlty off timing was set right for them apparently. And the same goes when using VGA or DblPAL modes where it is double speed but not exactly VGA compliant and less LCD compliant which usually likes 60Hz these days.

Modern scan doublers like an Indivision are tuned to output what a modern :CD expects.

Vanhapolle 
Posted on 21-Oct-2014 7:51:25
#29 ]

@Hypex

Yes i mean and exactly in this time Cybervision 64/3d and i dont now remember which driver set but both make same thing shows wrong syncs and i can adjust but is h*ll when displayed values are non related what display says. When they show same numbers like these other systems i can use premade modes which helps becouse in amiga i want even with graphic cards modes such 320x200,320x240 which i must do hand when there is only fewplaces unique settings non standard sync modes eats these places even monitor predefined resolutions. Is very hard describe this english.
(its not my mothertongue)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle