Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
25 crawler(s) on-line.
 44 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Hammer:  5 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  10 mins ago
 bhabbott:  14 mins ago
 gonegahgah:  16 mins ago
 Hypex:  33 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  43 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 agami:  4 hrs 27 mins ago
 OlafS25:  4 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Nintendo and Amiga OS
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tomas 
Re: Nintendo and Amiga OS
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 0:24:29
#21 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

Quote:

tlosm wrote:

Wii u dont sell more than wii ... because ? simple.. Normal people (not hard gamers) dont change their console after one generation but after two

PS2 sell better than ps3 ... ps4 will sell better than ps3
Xbox sell worst ... 360 sell good ... xbox one will sell worst
Game cube sell worst , Wii sell great .. wiiU will sell worst

Nintendo know this ... this why thay dont spend really much in this new generation ... many casual gamers will stay with their old wii

Not at all true.. The reasaon why PS4 is selling better now at launch is because it is both significantly cheaper than the ps3, it is the leading console both when it comes to performance on first party titles as well as multiplatforms. With last generation it was the opposite.
The xbox one on the other hand is inferior both when it comes to first party titles and the multiplatforms, so why would people buy the xbox instead of the ps4?? The only reason to buy it is if it has a must have exclusive game that you really want.

And the reason Wii U is failing is both the hardware and the fact that it has lost absolutely all support from third party developers, so that means it is only attractive to the people who can justify the price just for the first party nintendo games.
Not only did they fail with coming out with inferior hardware, but they also was the only platform that went with the ppc architecture which means it will be extra hard/costly for third party developers to port their games to it. And if you look at their history you will see that they have struggled with every console since the snes with exception of the Wii, which mainly sold because of the fad of the wiimote.

Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 5:12:38
#22 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

Quote:

tlosm wrote:
@cdimauro

For sure im mutch more expert compared you in real hardware , in real software and in all platform ... because me had , have and test everything ...

Sorry, I didn't got: what kind of expertize you acquired by just buying some machine? Do you become an expert in computer architectures? Programming? What?
Quote:
you only continue here and there to get pooh on all the initiative and machine made after amiga 500 (the only amiga that you had been see and not was your) this machine that you blame was made by: amiga tecnology, eyetech , bplan, acube , aeon ... (apple before x86) and all the software made by every one from 1994 to today .

This thread is about a well know rumor / fake about the next Nintendo console, which was already discussed worldwide when the new went out. As you can see from my previous post, I haven't talked about Amiga or post-Amiga machines.

Please, better read the posts before answering to someone.
Quote:
Now please stop your attack my post only because im a mod on another site where you had been pacified or i will ask the guys here to do what i did to you there...

This is the second time you did this things and for the second time i say: the other people for sure are not interested in your problems in other nation plus in your problems with some developer and problems with some mods and problems with some company...

Same as above: you're dreaming things which do not apply at all, and reporting here facts of other forum. This is another forum and, more important, I've written about this "new" like any other user, and I've replied not only to you, but to other people also.

Again: you're dreaming too much. Please, better read the posts before replying, and keep your frustrations out of the forum.
Quote:
PS: PS1, Sega Saturn and Nintendo 64 all together dont sell like the ps2... before the second generation the numbers was many many smaller than today ...

And you the reasons for that? First, the Playstation was the first attempt of Sony to enter the market, while the PS2 represents a consolidation of her position, so that's why the PS2 sold more than its predecessor.

Second, with the PS consoles expanded A LOT the market, bringing very good computation at an affordable price. You had the possibility to run games similar to what you found on the arcades, but at home and without spending so much.
Quote:
study mr cdimauro and not say only things that only you understand...

You can enlighten me, I've no problem here.
Quote:
PS2: The much sell console in the world continue be Nintendo from 198x from Nes to portable
NDS sold 150.000.000 units , and 3DS right now is over 90.000.000

You're mixing home consoles with portables...
Quote:
plus nintendo sell games and peluches and gadgets plus cartoons and have royality for movies...

Who cares. We were talking about consoles.
Quote:
Nintendo will not close tomorrow because wii u dont sell dont worry "mr i know everything"

Who said this? But Nintendo has to be careful, because Wii isn't selling so much, and it can hurt her finances. Look at Atari...

Bugala 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 6:46:45
#23 ]
Cult Member

@cdimauro

Quote:

Quote:
Nintendo will not close tomorrow because wii u dont sell dont worry "mr i know everything"

Who said this? But Nintendo has to be careful, because Wii isn't selling so much, and it can hurt her finances. Look at Atari...

Although tlosms comment wasnt very good (sounded like hes own opinion only or he based upon, everyone must know, which is not true) he was actually right about hes statement:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/17/does-it-really-matter-if-the-wii-u-fails

"Nintendo is an extraordinarily solvent company. As of the end of the last financial year, Nintendo had around $5bn in cash assets and another $5bn in bonds. That’s $10bn essentially in the bank. Ten BILLION dollars. Which means that Nintendo could make a loss of the projected proportions for 20 or 30 years without running out of money. (Naturally if Nintendo actually did make a loss for 20 consecutive years then we really would have good cause for concern, but in principle, the company could afford it.)"

tlosm 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 6:50:49
#24 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

Quote:
irst, the Playstation was the first attempt of Sony to enter the marke

when the first playstation exit in the market the Japan version (first exit and imported) was prize 800.000 (italian lira) and when it exit in europe the pal version prize first batch prize 690.000 italian lira... i know good because i had been buy it.
at that time an italian salary for a industrial worker (operaio) was 950.000 at month.
The italian official PsX was prize 460.000 italian lira when exit for italian market.

The playistation first start selling only when start prize 250.000 lire and was exactly in the t early 2000 when the Ps2 exit and this last was prizing 890.000 italian lira.

At that time age of psx the alternative console hardware choice was : Sega Saturn and Nintendo 64 too . from the tree the most powerful and cheaper hardware was the nintendo 64 .

Last edited by tlosm on 15-Oct-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 15-Oct-2014 at 07:57 AM.

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Jupp3 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 8:49:35
#25 ]

@cdimauro

Quote:
Quote:
Or an OS-4-on-a-card running on a PC.

You can already do it, without cards, with WinUAE.

I admit it, I haven't followed the situation too closely. I noticed that initial PPC support was added to UAE, and that it could run some simple software (but would fail on many), something to be fixed as time goes by, obviously.

But it's damn impressive if it can already run AmigaOS4, wouldn't have expected this so fast!

@Tomas
Quote:
And the reason Wii U is failing is both the hardware and the fact that it has lost absolutely all support from third party developers, so that means it is only attractive to the people who can justify the price just for the first party nintendo games.

There's also big Wii back catalog with many good games. Of course here the problem is, they work exactly as well with Wii already, and lots of people have one already, but don't see much point in upgrading to more expensive Wii-U.

Last edited by Jupp3 on 15-Oct-2014 at 09:02 AM.

OldFart 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 9:32:44
#26 ]
Elite Member
From: Stad; en d'r is moar ain stad en da's Stad. Makkelk zat!

@g01df1sh

Quote:
crappy X86

Tautology here...

@tlosm

Quote:
Note : i have only
(dont write the 8 and 16 bit for space)
dreamcast,xbox, Xbox 360, Ps2, Ps3, Ps4, Game Cube , Wii , Wii u and 3ds 2
Call me expert about :P

I have only
(don't write the empty ones for space)
Lagavulin, Talisker, Auchentoshan, The GlenLivett, Bunnahabhain, Clynelish and Dalwhinnie
Call me expert about :P

@all
What is this obsession with gameconsoles? For my life I can't see the fun of playing games. The only one I indulged myself in, was 'Dogfight' (even bought a pair of joysticks!) and some other crappy game where I had the control over two bats trying to smash some ball through a wall during which process the bricks changed colour and eventually gave way. The accompanying music was about the best part of the entertainmentfactor. After five minutes I used to give up.
My son used to play some kind of war game staged in WWII somewhere in the Ardennes. Can't even remember the name of that game. Although he was pretty good at it and was invited to join many teams and even created some 'maps', all of a sudden he stopped playing. 5 Iterations of the game he's bought himself at some 60 euros each IIRC. 300 euros down the drain.
He now reflects upon it as he had better be pickin' his nose, scratching his behind while thoughtlessly looking at a blank wall it being an equally enlightening and entertaining 'activity'.

OldFart

Last edited by OldFart on 15-Oct-2014 at 09:35 AM.

tlosm 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 11:30:36
#27 ]
Elite Member

@OldFart

LOL :)

I work from 7am to 18 pm and some time i made extra jobs only one new game a moth ;)

... console and gaming i like from was 7 y old now im 39 ;)

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Bugala 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 15:23:01
#28 ]
Cult Member

While thinking of where to stuff AOS4, heres another possiblity:
http://www.nknews.org/2014/04/new-north-korean-cellphone-unveiled-the-pyongyang-touch/

If North Korea have started producing their own mobiles, perhaps theyd be interested in making their own computers with their own OSes, and what would be better than OS that even if they get access to outside of North Korean broders, would be hard to prove to not having been made in North Korea.

Plus, perhaps AOS team would be willing to do some things for considerably small sums to their OS to support North Koreas needs even better, like change all the credits into North Korean names, or perhaps into just one North Korean name, and add a nice easter egg that tells people they have just cracked the easter egg specifically programmed by our beloved leader, who was also the lead programmer and lead hardware guru while making their second to none North Korean computers.

Daedalus 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 17:44:14
#29 ]

@Jupp3

Quote:

Jupp3 wrote:

There's also big Wii back catalog with many good games. Of course here the problem is, they work exactly as well with Wii already, and lots of people have one already, but don't see much point in upgrading to more expensive Wii-U.

Yep, one of the reasons I still use my Wii is its compatibility with Gamecube games, of which there are many, many excellent ones. It's a pity the GC didn't do so well, of its generation it has some awesome exclusive titles (Metroid, Zelda, F-Zero, Mario Kart), what I think is the nicest feeling, most intuitive and most comfortable controller ever made for any system, and better graphics than the competition. It did very well in Ireland at the time, but the PS2 eventually swamped it. One of Nintendo's strongest points is its backwards compatibility, but it would be a shame if that was causing the Wii U to struggle.

From my experience, there is a preconception of the types of games and game players that the Wii and Wii U go for, and that's what the game shops cater for. For example I've never seen Mass Effect 3 in any game store for the Wii U, even though it was available. Makes me think that game stores didn't even bother stocking it. Pity really.

tlosm 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 18:35:26
#30 ]
Elite Member

@Daedalus

I had been say before, there is a a grand plan behind about Nintendo from the big multinational... Why some games exit (call of duty , battlefield) for ps3 and for xbox 360 or for xbox one (sell the half of wiiu) and not for wii u?
Wiu is more performant compared with the old gen ... but dont release games

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Daedalus 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 19:30:06
#31 ]

@tlosm

And that's my point: Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Assasin's Creed were all released for the Wii U, but no shops stocked them, instead choosing to stock kids' games. And, if shops decide not to stock them, sales won't be good and so it's hardly any wonder the publishers of another similar "adult" game would pull the plug.

Battlefield 3 was ported to the Wii U but Nintendo would not allow EA to run it on EA servers so it was shelved. Battlefield 4 work was started but then cancelled due to poor sales of similar games, due in part at least to my point above: Game shops never bothered to stock them.

Rose 
Posted on 15-Oct-2014 19:36:05
#32 ]
Cult Member

@Bugala

Quote:

Bugala wrote:
While thinking of where to stuff AOS4, heres another possiblity:
http://www.nknews.org/2014/04/new-north-korean-cellphone-unveiled-the-pyongyang-touch/

If North Korea have started producing their own mobiles, perhaps theyd be interested in making their own computers with their own OSes, and what would be better than OS that even if they get access to outside of North Korean broders, would be hard to prove to not having been made in North Korea.

Plus, perhaps AOS team would be willing to do some things for considerably small sums to their OS to support North Koreas needs even better, like change all the credits into North Korean names, or perhaps into just one North Korean name, and add a nice easter egg that tells people they have just cracked the easter egg specifically programmed by our beloved leader, who was also the lead programmer and lead hardware guru while making their second to none North Korean computers.

Yeah, breaking trade embargo and UN sanctions is always great idea!

retro 
Posted on 16-Oct-2014 12:19:53
#33 ]

@Rose

North korea lool Are u serius.it might be Just The Place to dø business for Bill m from a Inc ha ha.
Wee alk need humor thease Days

paolone 
Posted on 16-Oct-2014 15:37:13
#34 ]

Quote:

tlosm wrote:
@cdimauro

For sure im mutch more expert compared you in real hardware , in real software and in all platform ... because me had , have and test everything ... you only continue here and there to get pooh on all the initiative and machine made after amiga 500 and blah blah blah

Hi tslom, 'r u serious? testing hardware and software, no matter how much items you try, does not make you any more expert about their inner working as, for instance, listening to Christina Aguilera's discography would make you expert in composing pop music, or watching to all Stanley Kubrik's movies would make you any better in movie making. To gain access to mandatory informations that would make you somehow 'expert' in the topics you mentioned, well, once you've tested things you should also study how those things are made, works, and all about the theory behind them, which includes (and not limits to) school history, academy, stages and much, much work with the companies that produce them. Cesare has a deeply wide knowledge about software and hardware engineering, and he generally explains everything he says. You just answered with a "my dick's greater than yours" kind of answer without any solid evidence of what you said.

saimon69 
Posted on 16-Oct-2014 18:42:50
#35 ]

@paolone

\o/ \o/ \o/

rebraist 
Posted on 16-Oct-2014 22:20:49
#36 ]

Why not CP/M?
A move like this could really throw panic in the console market!

fishy_fis 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 0:55:01
#37 ]
Elite Member

@paolone

Well said.
Little bit of a sidebar, but it reminds me of a conversation I was having with someone I met at a party once. He was a bit of a gamer so had some rudimentary knowledge of hardware based upon that,.... he'd read benchmarks, etc. so knew performance heirachy of various components. At the time Id been enjoying improving my C and a bit of 68k asm, which I, making conversation mentioned to him. He responded to this to something to the effect of, "oh, you're into software", suggesting his rudimentary, gaming based knowledge of hardware made him more of an "expert" than me.

Funny thing is that apart from keeping up with current hardware Id more or less lost interest in pawing over benchmarks some years back (they can still be interesting at times, but they do give limited insight), and I learned more about hardware since I learned more C and asm.

I didn't say anything to him though. He seemed so pleased with himself about being the "expert" amongst a group of geeks :)

Last edited by fishy_fis on 17-Oct-2014 at 12:57 AM.

OldFart 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 7:38:53
#38 ]
Elite Member
From: Stad; en d'r is moar ain stad en da's Stad. Makkelk zat!

@fishy_fis

Quote:
He seemed so pleased with himself about being the "expert" amongst a group of geeks

However, this kind of people show an anoying tendency to become manager of some ICT-department where they, not hindred by knowledge, go from disaster to disaster, what YOU have to solve and where THEY get the credit for... (my experience)

OldFart

tlosm 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 8:16:21
#39 ]
Elite Member

@paolone

there are 2 tendence here "expert teorical" and "expert pratical".
is simple say it is impossible or take some articles found there or some ware and think this articles are the "religion".

Im not an expert in elettronic engeneering but for sure i know the hadware like all student of informatic scienze know in the universisty (this is what i had been study)
I like test and prove what some one write and not think someone is in true like is God.
(this why i had been buy the last PowerPC machine for the pubblic just for understand if it is or not the worst like someone wirte ... )
PS: my professor of "hardware architecture had been say ... it is impossible have a Cisc and a Risc cpu both on same machine but Phase 5 did it"

About your affermations:
if i say Aros is terrible , worst and so and so and never use , test, see it, and just did this only because i read about on some web site ...what you will think about me ? the person you are helping is like this ... never see , test ,touch amiga ng or other hw and do this.

About experience :
Some one say referred an article of late 19xx the G5 cpu wasnt great when go on PowerMac Hw. (engeener mind)

My (programmer mind) are you sure that tast was did on software for G5? The OS was for fully optimized for G5? and last of all was the G5 build right or there was problems in the engeneering of the machine?

about this point on OsX tiger to os X leopard i have 400 points more in GeekBench

check here http://www.primatelabs.com/blog/2008/06/mac-performance-june-2008/

and afther see here

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1989293 ... mine is up 3600 but it is an example.

Palone : i know many many quantity surveyor (Geometra) that have better knowlege compared with construction engineers and framing contractors (carpentieri, muratori) that have better knowledge compared with quantity surveyor and construction engineers... what made this knowlege is do and use something and not only read and belive in what someone write.

job had been say "think different" i say "think better"
and think better is: for belive or not you have to touch with your hands .
and because i think better i prove the world that this was possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp_IvG7h5_0&list=UUkb4bw4N19d-x_tn2FXLojQ

I dont know of much apple experts are here ... probably only they can understand

Ps: Console are gaming hardware and become and Expert in this hadware means you need to have play see what is good and what is worst ... what do you think who write reviews in games are programmers or users ? ;)

Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Last edited by tlosm on 17-Oct-2014 at 08:37 AM.

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

diezi7 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 8:22:25
#40 ]

@g01df1sh

Nintendo struggling....hehehe LOL
and Hyperion and Amiga market are boyant ones?

Nintendo taking some revenues of Amiga licenses.
Trivial.....

Go on dreaming.....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle