Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
49 crawler(s) on-line.
 55 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Marcian:  7 mins ago
 Karlos:  16 mins ago
 OlafS25:  33 mins ago
 Cammy:  45 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  1 hr 48 mins ago
 SOFISTISOFTWARE:  1 hr 51 mins ago
 Musashi5150:  1 hr 56 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 24 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Nintendo and Amiga OS
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
tlosm 
Re: Nintendo and Amiga OS
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 8:38:43
#41 ]
Elite Member

@diezi7

I think the only Amiga things we will see on Nintendo can be only in Virtual console with old games

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Profile     Report this post  
danwood 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 9:57:15
#42 ]

@tlosm

I'm sure they'd just go with the SNES versions of the same games.

tlosm 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 10:01:43
#43 ]
Elite Member

@danwood

yes if the game was released for Snes and Genesis probably will exit for this Virtual console system ... but there was some games never released for console or totally different on console .
Example ? Turrican 2 and Turrican 3 ;)

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Seiya 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 20:10:19
#44 ]

at this point better use SNES emulator and be happy! :)

cdimauro 
Posted on 17-Oct-2014 23:09:09
#45 ]
Elite Member

@Bugala

Quote:

Bugala wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:

Who said this? But Nintendo has to be careful, because Wii isn't selling so much, and it can hurt her finances. Look at Atari...

Although tlosms comment wasnt very good (sounded like hes own opinion only or he based upon, everyone must know, which is not true) he was actually right about hes statement:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/17/does-it-really-matter-if-the-wii-u-fails

"Nintendo is an extraordinarily solvent company. As of the end of the last financial year, Nintendo had around $5bn in cash assets and another $5bn in bonds. That’s $10bn essentially in the bank. Ten BILLION dollars. Which means that Nintendo could make a loss of the projected proportions for 20 or 30 years without running out of money. (Naturally if Nintendo actually did make a loss for 20 consecutive years then we really would have good cause for concern, but in principle, the company could afford it.)"

10 billions seems a lot, but consider that it's also the amount of revenues for the 2013 fiscal year.

What you reported is a projection, so only if the 2013 situation repeats, more or less, the following years.

But you don't know how the market will go: the losses can increase a lot, and reduce considerably Nintendo's assets.

@tlosm

Quote:

tlosm wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:
irst, the Playstation was the first attempt of Sony to enter the marke

when the first playstation exit in the market the Japan version (first exit and imported) was prize 800.000 (italian lira) and when it exit in europe the pal version prize first batch prize 690.000 italian lira... i know good because i had been buy it.
at that time an italian salary for a industrial worker (operaio) was 950.000 at month.
The italian official PsX was prize 460.000 italian lira when exit for italian market.

The playistation first start selling only when start prize 250.000 lire and was exactly in the t early 2000 when the Ps2 exit and this last was prizing 890.000 italian lira.

You're talking about the Italian situation, but you cannot extend it worldwide. In fact: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_%28console%29

"The PlayStation was the first "computer entertainment platform" to ship 100 million units, which it had reached 9 years and 6 months after its initial launch.[8] Reactions to the console upon launch were favourable; critics praised the console for the quality of its 3-dimensional graphics."

It speaks by itself...
Quote:
At that time age of psx the alternative console hardware choice was : Sega Saturn and Nintendo 64 too . from the tree the most powerful and cheaper hardware was the nintendo 64 .

Nintendo 64 used the infamous cartridges, which were VERY expensive compared to the CD used by PSX and Saturn. It also arrived MUCH later. All putting into account, it determined the failure of Nintendo.

@Jupp3

Quote:

Jupp3 wrote:
@cdimauro

Quote:
You can already do it, without cards, with WinUAE.

I admit it, I haven't followed the situation too closely. I noticed that initial PPC support was added to UAE, and that it could run some simple software (but would fail on many), something to be fixed as time goes by, obviously.

But it's damn impressive if it can already run AmigaOS4, wouldn't have expected this so fast!

Me too. Toni (and another developer) made an incredible work.

@OldFart

Quote:

OldFart wrote:
@g01df1sh

Quote:
crappy X86

Tautology here...

I call it envy or... just frustration for the current PowerPC / post-Amiga situation...

@paolone

Quote:

paolone wrote:
Quote:

tlosm wrote:
@cdimauro

For sure im mutch more expert compared you in real hardware , in real software and in all platform ... because me had , have and test everything ... you only continue here and there to get pooh on all the initiative and machine made after amiga 500 and blah blah blah

Hi tslom, 'r u serious? testing hardware and software, no matter how much items you try, does not make you any more expert about their inner working as, for instance, listening to Christina Aguilera's discography would make you expert in composing pop music, or watching to all Stanley Kubrik's movies would make you any better in movie making. To gain access to mandatory informations that would make you somehow 'expert' in the topics you mentioned, well, once you've tested things you should also study how those things are made, works, and all about the theory behind them, which includes (and not limits to) school history, academy, stages and much, much work with the companies that produce them. Cesare has a deeply wide knowledge about software and hardware engineering, and he generally explains everything he says. You just answered with a "my dick's greater than yours" kind of answer without any solid evidence of what you said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDr7fi1gFco

@tlosm

Quote:

tlosm wrote:
@paolone

there are 2 tendence here "expert teorical" and "expert pratical".

A new definition. Interesting. Can you better clarify?
Quote:
is simple say it is impossible or take some articles found there or some ware and think this articles are the "religion".

Quote and report the facts, please. Talking is cheap...
Quote:
Im not an expert in elettronic engeneering

It's quite evident. I'm not an expert too, but at least I've a minimum knowledge.
Quote:
but for sure i know the hadware like all student of informatic scienze know in the universisty (this is what i had been study)

Seriously, even an high-school student of computer science shows a better knowledge of the argument.
Quote:
I like test and prove what some one write and not think someone is in true like is God.
(this why i had been buy the last PowerPC machine for the pubblic just for understand if it is or not the worst like someone wirte ... )

And what have you found? The "truth"?
Quote:
PS: my professor of "hardware architecture had been say ... it is impossible have a Cisc and a Risc cpu both on same machine but Phase 5 did it"

I don't know such professor, but I seriously doubt that he made such statement. But just in case, I'm starting to understand the reasons of the lack of your knowledge, despite you're going to the university...
Quote:
About your affermations:
if i say Aros is terrible , worst and so and so and never use , test, see it, and just did this only because i read about on some web site ...what you will think about me ? the person you are helping is like this ... never see , test ,touch amiga ng or other hw and do this.

Your usual pattern: when you are under pressure, start lying. For your information, I'm an happy AROS user, and I've also written some articles about it:
http://www.appuntidigitali.it/12268/aros-research-operating-system-amigaos-everywhere/
http://www.appuntidigitali.it/13790/icaros-una-distribuzione-di-aros/
http://www.appuntidigitali.it/17013/icaros-e-aros-sempre-piu-maturi-e-apprezzati/
Quote:
About experience :
Some one say referred an article of late 19xx the G5 cpu wasnt great when go on PowerMac Hw. (engeener mind)

My (programmer mind) are you sure that tast was did on software for G5? The OS was for fully optimized for G5? and last of all was the G5 build right or there was problems in the engeneering of the machine?

If you read the articles that I've linked, you'll find the answer to your doubts.
Quote:
about this point on OsX tiger to os X leopard i have 400 points more in GeekBench

check here http://www.primatelabs.com/blog/2008/06/mac-performance-june-2008/

and afther see here

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1989293 ... mine is up 3600 but it is an example.

I reveal you a secret: even on other systems the performance increases passing time, because of the better optimizations implemented.

Take a look at Phronix. But it's just an example.
Quote:
Palone : i know many many quantity surveyor (Geometra) that have better knowlege compared with construction engineers and framing contractors (carpentieri, muratori) that have better knowledge compared with quantity surveyor and construction engineers... what made this knowlege is do and use something and not only read and belive in what someone write.

Ah, yeah, the new tlosm "law": the knowledge is acquired by using something. You can propose to close the schools and the universities, since they aren't useful: too much time and resource wasted, when you can simple buy something, use it, and automatically acquire the knowledge on the field...

BTW, it seems that your revolutionary method doesn't work with your English, which continue to be terrible and difficult to read (decode), even after so much time that you frequent English/American sites...
Quote:
job had been say "think different" i say "think better"
and think better is: for belive or not you have to touch with your hands .
and because i think better i prove the world that this was possible

I agree, and physicists agree too: to prove that a black hole exists, it's mandatory to touch them.

Welcome to the first voluntary: YOU!
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp_IvG7h5_0&list=UUkb4bw4N19d-x_tn2FXLojQ

I dont know of much apple experts are here ... probably only they can understand

So, it means that not even you can...
Quote:
Ps: Console are gaming hardware and become and Expert in this hadware means you need to have play see what is good and what is worst ...

Can you clarify what kind of expertize in consoles/gaming hardware have you acquired this way?
Quote:
what do you think who write reviews in games are programmers or users ? ;)

Why a programmer cannot review a game? If he's a good gamer and have good writing abilities, he can make a better work.

tlosm 
Posted on 18-Oct-2014 7:30:11
#46 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

stay in your convinction, i will stay with mine ...
for now im using, touching end have fun with my console and programming with my computers... you continue think bleck holes that are only teoretical things
When some one compare real touch things with teoretical things .."houston we have problem "

PS: we are speaking of computer and console not about black holes (you know?)
PS2:dinosaurs lived on the earth and science changes seprate road on their appearance and life

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

tlosm 
Posted on 18-Oct-2014 7:32:08
#47 ]
Elite Member

(doubled post)

Last edited by tlosm on 18-Oct-2014 at 07:33 AM.

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

cdimauro 
Posted on 18-Oct-2014 7:56:25
#48 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

Quote:

tlosm wrote:
@cdimauro

stay in your convinction, i will stay with mine ...

I prefer to stay with facts, thanks.
Quote:
for now im using, touching end have fun with my console and programming with my computers... you continue think bleck holes that are only teoretical things
When some one compare real touch things with teoretical things .."houston we have problem "

Is this the net result of your "knowledge acquisition by touching"? Theoretical? You have really big problems if you have this kind of ideas.

Black (not bleck) holes ARE real stuff, and they were proved to be concrete objects, albeit without touching them. Sorry, I know that it goes far away of your knowledge-by-touch, but science and reality works in a very different way.
Quote:
PS: we are speaking of computer and console not about black holes (you know?)

I think that other users can understand why I've spoken about them. Especially after your new, wonderful, post, which clearly shows that I was and I'm right about the opinion that I've built about you.
Quote:
PS2:dinosaurs lived on the earth and science changes seprate road on their appearance and life

Please, reformulate: it's a meaningless sentence. Try to touch an English grammar book before writing posts: maybe you'll acquire the right knowledge about it. ;-D

tlosm 
Posted on 18-Oct-2014 8:17:32
#49 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro

... i think your have a black hole in your head ...
i never say that im a english teacher ..

"black holes are real? have you touch it ? for sure you know what the black hole do and where the materia goes when enter insdide it and why the black hole are there " ..

Stay with your black holes i will stay with my real touching hardware

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

cdimauro 
Posted on 18-Oct-2014 17:00:09
#50 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

Quote:

tlosm wrote:
@cdimauro

... i think your have a black hole in your head ...

And here's, again, your usual behavior, when you aren't able to sustain a discussion.
Quote:
i never say that im a english teacher ..

Neither I did. And, AFAIK, you shouldn't be a teacher to speak English to a sufficient level.
Quote:
"black holes are real? have you touch it ?

ROFL. So something is real only if you can touch it? Really? ;-D
Quote:
for sure you know what the black hole do and where the materia goes when enter insdide it and why the black hole are there " ..

Please, explain me: how something that, for your claim, isn't "real" (remember: you cannot touch it!), can do something, especially with the matter?
Quote:
Stay with your black holes i will stay with my real touching hardware

Oh, yes!

Last edited by cdimauro on 18-Oct-2014 at 05:00 PM.

fishy_fis 
Posted on 18-Oct-2014 20:26:00
#51 ]
Elite Member

@cdimauro&tlosm

Seriously, can you give up this ridiculous pissing contest? Its worked its way into a few threads now and is more than a little tiring.

Last edited by fishy_fis on 18-Oct-2014 at 08:26 PM.

tlosm 
Posted on 18-Oct-2014 22:35:53
#52 ]
Elite Member

@fishy_fis

you right .. contest of cdimauro and "his friends" come from italy where i had be "pacified him" and this make he aggressive against me ...
Why he was been pacified ? because every time he start write in a thread goes ot,
every time offending and beatreading people ... no respect for mods ,
totally no respect for Aeon Acube hyperion or to all people think different about him in PowerPc cpus , people who dont like X86 or Microsoft software/hardware like different machine and not Microsoft console .

im sure in time he will been pacified from here too ..

Last edited by tlosm on 18-Oct-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 18-Oct-2014 at 10:46 PM.

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

cdimauro 
Posted on 19-Oct-2014 7:26:43
#53 ]
Elite Member

@fishy_fis: I don't know what's your behavior when you find someone which publicly e continuously lies about you...

Anyway, I don't plan to continue.

KimmoK 
Posted on 21-Oct-2014 7:59:55
#54 ]
Elite Member

@Nintendo NG HW

I wonder if this is the latest rumor of the NG HW:

"Nintendo Fusion Terminal:

-GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)

-CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)

-Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER

-MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAMED KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL"

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

tlosm 
Posted on 21-Oct-2014 8:03:29
#55 ]
Elite Member

@KimmoK

IF will be like this i will buy for hack and put linux ;) it will be a great home machine :P

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

OlafS25 
Posted on 21-Oct-2014 8:15:48
#56 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

I am a little nerved by your "pacifying" others and seem to be proud of it. I am german and we had several political systems in the past that were "pacifying" everyone who did not agree to them so we have one of the most liberal systems of the world and free speech is the basic of democracy. I would not be proud on banning someone with a different opinion, in fact it is a very weak reaction and nothing to be proud on.

Rob 
Posted on 21-Oct-2014 12:33:55
#57 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

For just having a different opinion or constantly spamming threads with that different opinion at every opportunity?

I'm sure that if you made you're way into the German parliament and constantly tried to disrupt discussions they'd soon have you removed by security and take measures to stop you entering there again.

tlosm 
Posted on 21-Oct-2014 13:14:49
#58 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

We are in perfect democracy there.
I dont think there is a place where some one can offend user and mods and asking to ban other users, can goes ot and constatly start trolling ...
Think this i didnt know what troll word means ... i was off the internet boards and forum for ages and i have learn what this word mean thanks to that person.
My error before in mod a channel was try to make the people think... how? simple ... try and prove your self... after judge.

If i dont like something and because i dont like, isay to other "you dont understand nothing " . And i like because my job "just because that hardware geve me breed".. what you will think about me?

we say your thinking is politycally not correct.

now is time to return to speak about nintendo

Last edited by tlosm on 21-Oct-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 21-Oct-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 21-Oct-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 21-Oct-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 21-Oct-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 21-Oct-2014 at 01:18 PM.

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

cdimauro 
Posted on 25-Oct-2014 6:39:55
#59 ]
Elite Member

Quote:

Rob wrote:
@OlafS25

For just having a different opinion or constantly spamming threads with that different opinion at every opportunity?

You can prove it, if you can. Starting from this thread. I've no problem showing that your blames are false.
Quote:
I'm sure that if you made you're way into the German parliament and constantly tried to disrupt discussions they'd soon have you removed by security and take measures to stop you entering there again.

The only thing that you want is to shut-up the mouth of people which express ideas that you don't like, the same way that happened in the past with Nazis and fascists.

@fishy_fis: as you can see, there are users which like to continue flaming and publicly putting lies about me, even after that I've written that I don't want to continue such discussions. The same people that invoke "pacifications" and justify brutal censorship, like in the "good old days".

What do you do in this situation, if that happens to you? Nothing?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle