Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 117 guest(s) on-line.
 2 member(s) on-line.

pavlor,  matthey

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  50 secs ago
 pavlor:  3 mins ago
 kolla:  53 mins ago
 michalsc:  1 hr 3 mins ago
 amigang:  1 hr 12 mins ago
 gryfon:  1 hr 28 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 7 mins ago
 Birbo:  2 hrs 37 mins ago
 Hypex:  2 hrs 42 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  2 hrs 54 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga General Chat
      /  Do not buy from AmigaKit {RESOLVED]
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
tlosm 
Re: Do not buy from AmigaKit
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 11:59:44
#41 ]
Elite Member

i dont know guys ... some time i really think the amigans are strange ... really strange people.

If some one dont like amiga.org amigaworld.net or something else, open a new website
www.amigatrolls.ops and go there ... internet is a big sea and fish can move where they wanna .

A-Eon made the right maketing way buy the 2 big international portal of Amiga platform lover, first because if you search the word amiga on the google you have to face this sites , second because are the most view sites of the amiga scene ...and is a good strategic thing and did not forr make trolls keep silence but only because is the fast way for comunicate with users and have free space for show products.

MacBook Pro Retina I7 2.3ghz;
#nomorea-eoninmyhome

Profile     Report this post  
amigang 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 12:16:56
#42 ]
Elite Member

I have to say I was surprised by this announcement, specially as they own amiga.org already, I dont know what the story is, or why they would want to own two very similar amiga sites, I hope they dont consider closing one down or merging the sites I kinda of like them both, Amigaworld is my main amiga internet home really for news and whats going on, I just like the layout more.

Amigakit are perry down to earth guys doing what they can for the community, I have to say if I hadn't of met them or done any business with them, then I might of been worried where this was leading, but I think if anything this really highlights how much careful they are going to have to be with how they run these sites and who mods them. But if these sites had to be sold, or be saved from being closed down I'm glad Aeon took control.

wawa 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 12:24:02
#43 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

Quote:
i dont know guys ... some time i really think the amigans are strange ... really strange people.

thats likely because you are just been too short around. itix has a proven credibility around the scene, no matter if he is morphos team member and i am an amiga user and aros supporter as it occures.

Quote:
If some one dont like amiga.org amigaworld.net or something else, open a new website

listen, there were guys like you who flooded this site with similar agenda like yours, without anything substantial to ground it on, just talk, dreams, wishes and a lot of science phantasies. for example dax comes to mind. what happened to those people? what happened to their arguments? as another example aslak3 whom you encounter in this thread was once a strong os4 supporter around here, but he seems to have reason and expertise to ground his views on.

and now you are telling others to go and make their own site and leave you here alone?

very well. i only can advise everybody to move on to eab, amigacoding.de, a1k, ppa.pl, morphzone and aros-exec.

Overflow 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 12:25:59
#44 ]

@amigang

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39471&forum=7&start=120&viewmode=flat&order=0#743115

Quoted from Trevor;

Quote:
I'm pleased that our acquisition of AmigaWorld has generated some lively discussion. Actually we acquired Amigaworld.net several months ago. I would like to say that the move was part of some greater plan to support the Amiga community but, in this case, I have to admit it was down to purely sentimental reasons on my part. I have been an active supporter and poster on AmigaWorld since late 2004. I've always had a soft spot for AmigaWord. It was the first Amiga forum I signed up to and it was always my first port of call for all my next-generation Amiga news. Over the years I got to know David Doyle quite well and even met up him on a flying to Northern Ireland a few years back. I knew that in recent years his Amiga interest had waned so following our acquisition of Amiga.org I let him know that if he was ever thinking about selling AmigaWorld to give me a call as I wanted to make sure the forum did not disappear. David said he was not intending to sell AmigaWorld.net but if he did, he wanted to make sure it went to a safe pair of hands and would contact me should he ever decide to sell the forum. However, shortly afterwards he contacted me to say that he had discussed the idea with some of his colleagues and they agreed a sale to me would ensure AmigaWorld's long term future. We agreed a price and the deal was done. We will post an official news item but I wanted to personally thank David for creating and supporting of AmigaWorld and his commitment to the Amiga scenes over the years. TrevorD

OlafS25 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 12:34:37
#45 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

You describe a company forum. That is exactly what amiga.org never was and the opposite a-eon and Amigakit promised after taking over the site. If that is really the idea behind, censoring views and informations, controlling every channel in the community then I am wrong here. Then I better leave the "company wbsites" and take your advice and make a new independent forum. Of course I would add any related party to my "never-buy list" and would recommend everyone to do the same. To act against all others is very shortsighted. I still think that Amigakit did errors and they still have the chance to correct that. If not it becomes obvious that the events were not accident but new politics and then I will draw my conclusions.

Regarding itix, I know him as a polite person with views never nisulting people or "troll" like you express it. Or is anyone who has different view a "troll" in your view? Then you have billions of trolls around...

cha05e90 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 12:47:15
#46 ]

@OlafS25

Quote:
You describe a company forum. That is exactly what amiga.org never was

I wouldn't be that sure about this. There were times when some Wayne H. behaved like the executive of some company. Afterwards other owners had their time in regards of promotion for their own good.
Some time after the the beginning of the WarpUp/PowerUp (aka AmigaOS/MorphOS) schisma Amiga.org stopped being a "neutral" ground. It never really recovered - and it got worse in the meantime.

OlafS25 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 12:53:48
#47 ]
Elite Member

@cha05e90

ok I do not know the whole history, I missed much parts and returned 2010. I can only say how I saw amiga.org since then, there were some strange "ads" there but the content (=discussions) were not censored (as far as I could see it). That obviously changed when there were new owners. I remember some AmigaOS user cheering that they will now strike back. That was not very sympathic to me.

If they do nothing against the form of moderation the owners are supporting it, very simple. I see that "this moderator" is already busy banning Gutjahr there because he is protesting too. I think I should do that too and then delete my account there to protest!

A Atari fan now banning old amigans... how far we got

Last edited by OlafS25 on 27-Oct-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Chuckt 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:00:21
#48 ]

@itix

Quote:

itix wrote:
I told in private message to moderator KJMann that I dont want to buy from AmigaKit anymore and do not recommend that web store to anyone else. This is what I got as response:

Quote:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Threated to post bad things about the forum owners

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I didn't read a reason. Why do you have to make a statement about it without a reason? Why not just not buy from them? Why make it an issue?

Why make enemies instead of friends?

itix 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:03:21
#49 ]
Elite Member

@Kjmann

Quote:

his response (at least what I could ascertain) was to threaten to post his derogatory opinions about amiga kit in the public forums at A.org. It is possible that I misconstrued his intentions due to the fact that I think English may be his second language.

If I was going to do that I would use different channels for that. And if I think that amiga.org is giving bad customer service, I am going to say that. But I am not going to tell things that are not true.

itix 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:06:07
#50 ]
Elite Member

@Bondy

No #morphos for me when I am travelling but I like Moo, it is still the best Amiga gossip place

PR 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:08:43
#51 ]

Jess He Looves Morphos and hates os4;)

I love Windows too as much.

PR 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:15:15
#52 ]

Please could You tell me what to install in a old pc laptop.

Morphos, no go

OS4 no

Windows no? Yes seriously, Please give me a code from these five..

Linux, can't find.

AmigaForever. Firstly something under but does not work.

Good Ideas? This laptop does have even a disk drive;=) HD is formatted empty from work.

Now there is only Fujitsu Siemens Bios.

Trashcan or Amigalaptop?

OlafS25 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:21:46
#53 ]
Elite Member

@PR

What means "old"? I assume X86?

Depending on the hardware AROS might run natively on it. There will be soon a wave of new Aros distributions based on latest ABI so perhaps you could try it then

tlosm 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:31:14
#54 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

Trolls was not referred to Itix was just a name that i have in my head ... the site you can call everything you like Amigamuuu.zop ... or www.amigabunny.conf ... or AmigaIsNotAeon.blaaa

About the company website yes this is true ... but remember amiga never had in past a company website with forum like apple have and it is a good point for start .
Start with the two bigger comunity website.... for me the maketing view of Trevor or Aeon and others is the right.

Last edited by tlosm on 27-Oct-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Last edited by tlosm on 27-Oct-2014 at 01:31 PM.

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

OlafS25 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:40:37
#55 ]
Elite Member

@tlosm

that was the opposite both Trevor and Amigakit claimed... If they have said it will be our official marketing channel now and will be moderated that way then ok. People would have grumbled but it is their right to do so is live. But always saying "Oh we got it offered and we just want to save it before it is closed" and nonsense like that is (at least) telling the untruth (you could even use more harsh words). I still thought they are honest but perhaps I was wrong there. And it is a bad sign for this site.

itix 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 13:42:21
#56 ]
Elite Member

@Chuckt

Quote:

Why make it an issue?

Why make enemies instead of friends?

Make it a good fight and after that you can be greater friends.

It is now settled down with AmigaKit. We are OK.

tlosm 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 14:14:13
#57 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25

ummm ... i dont know i dont see difference in swapping the proprietary here and there...
i can be wrong but in any way if amiga.org was sold or amigaworld.net was sold is because the old propretary of the website .
If they sold or Aeon gave much money or they just dont like any more pay , fix and upgrade it ... in any way i think have no sense write about this just because what is done is done and cant change.

#nomorea-eoninmyhome

OlafS25 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 14:20:22
#58 ]
Elite Member

@itix

good to hear

amigakit 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 15:02:06
#59 ]
Amiga Kit

I am currently far away from home (5000 miles), travelling back to my family. On the road my internet has been patchy at best. I was really disappointed to log-on and to my dismay, see this thread. Many of you will know me personally and my passion has always been giving good service to our classic Amiga customers worldwide. For those of you who don't, know, AmigaKit's full time business and my livelihood is Amiga and this is the *only* thing we do, so we are very focused on delivering quality Amiga products, repairing countless Amiga computers every year and bringing them back to life for customers, and shipping hundreds of packages around the world. This month has been busy because we have been attended two Amiga Community events meeting Amiga users in person, which is always great experience.

I have been part of the Amiga online community since 1997 and started AmigaKit in the 2004. I have always found it to be a friendly, helpful place where like minded and innovative Amiga users stick together. I have a hope that Amiga.org and AmigaWorld.net will increasingly reflect all the positives of the Amiga scene because it is a public representation to the outside world on what the Amiga means to our small remaining group of Amiga enthusiasts. We have come through a lot of hard times over the years together and I am trying to do my small bit as a member of this community to keep the Amiga alive- it usually involves 16 hour working days recently.

I have been in contact immediately with Itix, whom I have always had a friendly relationship with over the years and I will of course investigate all the facts on Wednesday when I conclude my travelling. Please bear with me because I have a long flight ahead and most likely jet lag and sleep deprivation will kick in when I arrive back in the UK.

In the meantime, if anyone has any comments, I can been reached easily by the contact buttons on the website or by a quick pmail. I would urge anyone to contact me with any concerns and give me the opportunity to listen and respond. Thank you.

OlafS25 
Posted on 27-Oct-2014 15:16:34
#60 ]
Elite Member

@amigakit

please look at whom you make to moderator (both from what they have done for the community, if they are accepted and the human side). I think this moderator has disqualified himself as moderator for a amiga forum.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle