Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
28 crawler(s) on-line.
 59 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigakit

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  3 mins ago
 pavlor:  20 mins ago
 AmigaPapst:  36 mins ago
 Frank:  37 mins ago
 OlafS25:  55 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 pixie:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 BigD:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 22 mins ago
 Gunnar:  2 hrs 49 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Software
      /  how do I set A1200 resolutions to 30khz?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
QuikSanz 
Re: how do I set A1200 resolutions to 30khz?
Posted on 17-Nov-2014 2:34:04
#21 ]

@227,

Look at this one "http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1207"

Chris

Profile     Report this post  
Posted on 17-Nov-2014 3:13:51
#22 ]

@QuikSanz

hey that's nice and not an unreasonable price point. 128mb ram.. holy crap.. and i thought 32mb back in the day was enough. very cool! xmas may be coming a little early. heh.

I take it though the FPU part is not an option, pity, but still great to have an option like this.

Thanks!
Caleb

Last edited by 227 on 17-Nov-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Hypex 
Posted on 22-Nov-2014 15:12:54
#23 ]
Elite Member

@227

I didn't know 13" was bulky. I have a 17" VGA behind me. A 19" is heavy and a friend has a 21" Sony Triniton which is a back breaker!

Quote:
his other comment about RTG

Can't believe that article is specific to the Amiga! Don't other computers have RTG?

Quote:
I bought one of these

Well that looks like good quality. How is the picture? Unfortunately the output resolution is set. So doesn't look like it uses DDC to determine native mode and scale to that or even allow centre display on wide screen. Can it understand super high res? I suspect not as that resolution is too modern for it!

As to power yes that is a pain, I'd expect better for the price. Which is almost as much as an Amiga scan doubler would have cost which looked similar and plugged into the back of the Amiga. Be good if an adaptor for this could be made which adapted Amiga RGB and provided power for this device.

Quote:
then there were these

Yeah poor mans scan doubler. I know some people wirh one. It really is not an end user product. But like an Apple I perhaps. You need to know about electronics or know a friend to box it up with a power supply. Reports are this unit works but can be blurry.

Either way, they all work the same basic way. They all need a frame buffer as they need to sample the RGB, store it and then display it twice as quicky over the VGA to the moniitor. That's a simplified description. By the time the Amiga has output one frame a VGA monitor would have displayed two frames so it needs to store it. Thus why it isn't cheap to create these converters. Unless a cheap quality FPGA unit can be made. But using the digital out from the Amiga chipset would be best.

Posted on 22-Nov-2014 15:55:45
#24 ]

@Hypex

well yea its bulky when i compare it to the 13" lcd monitor i bring with me in my backpack with my laptop. :) You're right though it's certainly no 17" or bigger. I remember having monitors like that too for PC / Mac.

So I got the Mark 2 and it's https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6999242/Misc/amiga-dvi.jpeg pretty awesome! there is some artifacting in some of the more exotic screen modes, but all in all it's a solid product.

This screenshot is showing my MIDI program Tiger Cub which was set to 320xsomething.. so it doesn't make perfect use of the screen out of the box, but my workbench screen is great.

Installation was a little trying.. the DVI cable really could use another inch of slack to make it easier to position, but i got it to work.

notice in the picture i'm using both monitors.. the 26" HD tv and my 13" multisync.

overall i'm really happy with it. I booted up a game from floppy and it worked as well. i'm also in PAL mode even though i'm in the US and everything seems kosher. the booting from floppy did seem a little off center.

I have to experiment with the http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK2 software that allows deeper / custom use of the displays. however for now 1280x512 is very nice and cleanly / perfectly fills my screen.

I'm mainly using this for MIDI / audio so I'm thinking i don't really care if it's PAL / NTSC at this point.

yea for me this upgrade was more about future proofing with good quality. my multisync monitor looks very nice actually in the VGA views.. and it was nice that it would "click" down to 15khz modes nicely as well, but I can't help but feel it's days are numbered and if/when it dies I didn't see a cheaper alternative to hunt down a monitor that could support it..

the only thing really left on my wishlist would be for the A1200 to have a battery backed up clock.. my 1208 accelerator doesn't have one. i probably will go with the 1233 in the near future.

Drewlio77 
Posted on 22-Nov-2014 17:17:36
#25 ]
Cult Member

@227

For a battery backed up clock for your A1200 there is this :

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1101

It can install on the A1200 motherboard and all the latest ACA accelerator cards.

The battery is not included, so don't forget to add that before checkout.

Drewlio77

Last edited by Drewlio77 on 22-Nov-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Posted on 22-Nov-2014 18:26:03
#26 ]

@Drewlio77

ooooo awesome.. i thought that only plugged into the 1233, not something independent. very cool. ordering now.

Thanks
Caleb

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle