Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
24 crawler(s) on-line.
 138 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Tpod:  20 mins ago
 pixie:  25 mins ago
 Birbo:  39 mins ago
 Hammer:  46 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 14 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 10 mins ago
 MarcioD:  2 hrs 33 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 42 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 49 mins ago
 NancyNash:  3 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Development
      /  Is safe use picasso96 routines in AmigaOS4.1? and CybergraphicsX in MorphOS3.7?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Hypex 
Re: Is safe use picasso96 routines in AmigaOS4.1? and CybergraphicsX in MorphOS3.7?
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 15:14:51
#21 ]
Elite Member

@Vanhapolle

Unless you really need low level functions the best thing to do is to stick to graphics.library functions. This simplifies your code and works from OS3 up and in the least OS4.0. The graphics.library can work with RTG and BOOPSI/Datatypes can be used to load images or other routines.

Profile     Report this post  
Hypex 
Re: Is safe use picasso96 routines in AmigaOS4.1? and CybergraphicsX in MorphOS3.7?
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 15:16:22
#22 ]
Elite Member

@mailman2

Quote:
x86 AROS is not Amiga OS compatible

How so? The API is compatible with AmigaOS 3.1.

Vanhapolle 
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 16:13:02
#23 ]

if i stick graphics.library how i can use it blit truecolor chunky pixelarrays? and draw other things in truecolor ? and i mean OS4.1. i think i have some example using truecolor in MOS.
ps. 3.0 support is still thing what i bet needs some changes... at least 4.0 changes how reaction works etc...

Vanhapolle 
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 16:16:02
#24 ]

@Vanhapolle

i found such source is very old but anyway. and dont tell how truecolour bitmaps are handled with graphics.library in MOS? and i this example is MOS not AOS4.1.

davebraco 
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 16:33:51
#25 ]

@Vanhapolle

Maybe some example could be found here :
http://os4coding.net/forums/graphics

itix 
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 17:52:11
#26 ]
Elite Member

@Vanhapolle

Old graphics.library calls (even on OS3) work just fine with true colour bitmaps. You just cant manipulate bitmaps directly because there is no way to lock down bitmaps and get pointer to raw data.

mailman2 
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 18:17:11
#27 ]

@Hypex

data in Amiga OS 3.x are big endian.

No big endian means x86 AROS API is NOT compatible with AmigaOS 3.1.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 19:23:16
#28 ]
Elite Member

@Vanhapolle

Quote:
if i stick graphics.library how i can use it blit truecolor chunky pixelarrays? and draw other things in truecolor ? and i mean OS4.1.

Historically graphics.library was just planar graphics, picasso96 was add-on that provided true color support, but things are changing more and more of library functions are being moved/copied from picasso96 into graphics.library

I'm not sure what you have in your current SDK or not, right now I think you should stick to picasso96.library at least until AmigaOS4.1 final and updated SDK.

Quote:
ps. 3.0 support is still thing what i bet needs some changes... at least 4.0 changes how reaction works etc.

If you wont to support 3.0 API, you will need to stick to Pens and Colors, most classic Amiga computers only have
AGA/ECS/OCS graphics, so no true color support.

Vanhapolle 
Posted on 15-Nov-2014 21:33:04
#29 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

I loaded latest SDK for both. i mean AmigaOS4.1 and MorphOS3.7. and i must wait AmigaOS4.1 final edition beouse older versions are now unavailable what i heared (and i dont know when i have budget for MOS3.7 registered but i hope in next month). Is hard wait time when i can code but maybe before this i test if i understand few datatype realated things correctly as i allready sayed. palette based graphics for this idea is very complex. i dont simply know good way display truecolour graphics with OCS/ECS/AGA. i mean preview waylike Photogenics dithers all graphics fixed palette whem you use palette based mode.

Hypex 
Posted on 22-Nov-2014 15:18:55
#30 ]
Elite Member

@Vanhapolle

You need to use OS functions to load and create the BitMaps for you. Intuition and Datatypes is good for this. You could also decode RGB data yourself and pass it to the OS, that should work.

So then you just pass around an RTG BitMap and don't manipulate it directly. It also keeps your code cleaner this way. And avoids partitcular RTG libraries if you really don't need them.

Hypex 
Posted on 22-Nov-2014 15:23:22
#31 ]
Elite Member

@mailman2

Oh I see. Welll that really would be the ABI rather than the API. But of course x86 has data in different format. Which is funny as I was in a debate recently where it was argued that AmigaOS strutures are not in a big endian format.

But it is source compatible so sources can cross compile. And in portable code this would matter most.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle