Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
12 crawler(s) on-line.
 126 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

A1200

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 A1200:  4 mins ago
 OlafS25:  18 mins ago
 outlawal2:  39 mins ago
 AndreasM:  41 mins ago
 sibbi:  50 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 Mr_DBUG:  1 hr 28 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Hardware
      /  AmigaONE X1000 passive CPU cooler / how to make the X1000 finally dead silent
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MARCOM 
AmigaONE X1000 passive CPU cooler / how to make the X1000 finally dead silent
Posted on 21-Feb-2015 20:16:02
#1 ]

Have you ever wondered where there is a passive CPU cooler for the X1000?

Of course here, at MARCUS COMPUTER:

The MAGMAcolosseum !

http://marcus.computer/MAGMAcolosseum/en

Best Regards
Marcus

Last edited by MARCOM on 24-Feb-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Last edited by MARCOM on 24-Feb-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Profile     Report this post  
cdimauro 
Re: AmigaONE X1000 passive CPU cooler / how to make the X1000 finally dead silent
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 8:51:30
#2 ]
Elite Member

@MARCOM: isn't the X1000 silent? Come on, it's a PowerPC! It draws less power than hoggy x86 processors, and should work seamlessly without an active cooler.

MARCOM 
Re: AmigaONE X1000 passive CPU cooler / how to make the X1000 finally dead silent
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 11:26:53
#3 ]

@cdimauro

Hi.

No, it's far away from silent. And by the way, it is a passive cooler, so you're right. It work without an active cooler.

I am assembling silent PCs since 20 years now.

And that I have buyers for the coolers proofs I'm right.

But if you don't have issues, you can be happy without my solutions.

Thank you anyways for your interest. As I am even happy to discuss why a better cooling is important for the whole system and also noise reduction is nice to have.

Some people do simply prefer this and others don't.

Sincerely
Marcus

Last edited by MARCOM on 22-Feb-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Last edited by MARCOM on 22-Feb-2015 at 11:42 AM.

AlexC 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 14:48:11
#4 ]

@MARCOM

While I have to say that it's a very nice heatsink, it would be too wide for those who need to use all the PCIe slots.

I've been looking into water cooling myself as it cools very well without using space around the CPU and allows using a much larger and thus quieter fan, with the radiator on the back or top of the case. (The kind with the small pump on the cpu and single fan/radiator).

Passive would be preferable of course as there's no danger of having a fried CPU from a dead pump or fan, but it shouldn't get in the way if possible.

AmigaOne XE/X1000/X5000/UAE-PPC OS4 laptop/X-10 Home Automation

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 15:05:24
#5 ]
Elite Member

@MARCOM

Wow that's big, is it heavy? I have been dreaming of water-cooling my system just for fun of it, not that CPU will ever get that hot

Last edited by NutsAboutAmiga on 22-Feb-2015 at 03:05 PM.

megol 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 15:26:15
#6 ]

@MARCOM

Looks heavy! :)

raumfahre 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 15:31:47
#7 ]

@MARCOM

That's too big and heavy for my liking. I would not want to have that hanging off the side of my X1000 (if I had one). The strain on the CPU and board?

dan.hutch 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 15:51:50
#8 ]
Cult Member

@MARCOM

Wow, that's huge looks sort of cool though.

Anonymous 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 16:41:30
# ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

It's the CR-95C from NoFan...pdf manual specs say it's 800 gramms, so no problem.
(Of course it can't be used out-of-the-box due to needed changes to adapt and use it on the NEMO board)

@MARCOM

Damnit, they have the same in black...if i would have had the possibility to choose i would have taken the black one

Last edited by Raziel on 22-Feb-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Report this post  
MARCOM 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 16:47:02
#10 ]

@all

The weight details can be found on my Website, also the temp measurements.

It is not pure copper. If it would be, the beast would weight about 2kg (and then cost about 200 Euro without my Mod). But it's mostly Aluminium with copper coated. That is the reason for it's lightweight.

At another Forum place I did alread mention that liquid cooling is on my draft table for a while now, but ready to start with.
I just got so many other things to do as well, so the priority is not high at the moment.
But if there are many request for it, I may start working earlier on it :)

As a side note:
I am very happy about those of you that do welcome me warmly with my products in this beautiful Amiga Community. Although I can understand that some put my goods in question, but it would be nice if these just let other interested people decide themself, if my modifications are usefull or not. And not just comment them as "useless". Well, no one said useless by now, but the meaning is the same, even other wording was used.

Even I repeat myself over and over again: SOME users have temp and noise issues (as I did), while OTHERS don't. Who's not, just be happy about it and let the others optimize their systems with whatever product they like.

A user asked me for a passive cooler with heat pipes. So I made it. And that was just one request. If you ask me for liquid cooling, I do it. It is fun for me. And if it makes only one user happy, so I am :)

Should we all not just be happy about every new joiner, that comes with fresh products? This is exactly what keeps the systems alive. Innovations! This nagging scares people and makes them stay away. It brings no progress or new developments. And that is not what we want, right?

If you plan buying a car and think steering wheel heating and seat heating is useless, just don't order it. But others would like to have it...

But enough politics.

Enjoy my products! I spent a LOT personal time in every single one. I am not doing this for the money only, but for the community. The target market is so small, I will never turn rich by that anyways :)

Sincerely
Marcus

MARCOM 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 16:56:50
#11 ]

@Raziel

I have ordered the black one for you from my distributor, no worries :) You just tell what you want :) and I deliver...

The black will be added to my Website somewhen next week.

Marcus

Anonymous 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 17:04:50
# ]

@MARCOM

Oh yeah!!!

...going to get my own colloseum

Thanks a lot

Report this post  
DC_Edge 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 17:36:23
#13 ]

Interesting project.

you do same for x5000?

Last edited by DC_Edge on 22-Feb-2015 at 05:37 PM.

MARCOM 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 17:50:03
#14 ]

@DC_Edge

Yep. I am in contact with A-EON about it. Although they are are bit ... ... I save my comments. But so much to say, it is extremely time consuming to get informations or replies.

My hope is. that the mounting will be the same or needs just a little bit of adjustments to my products to fit.

Any X5000 Beta Tester is very welcome to support me, and webshop rebates are offered :)
So if one can get in touch with me to let me find out the mounting measurements and new CPU dimensions, I would be happy. Because waiting for A-EON makes me ... impatient.

Regards
Marcus

cdimauro 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 19:25:37
#15 ]
Elite Member

@MARCOM

Quote:

MARCOM wrote:
@cdimauro

Hi.

No, it's far away from silent. And by the way, it is a passive cooler, so you're right. It work without an active cooler.

I am assembling silent PCs since 20 years now.

And that I have buyers for the coolers proofs I'm right.

But if you don't have issues, you can be happy without my solutions.

Thank you anyways for your interest. As I am even happy to discuss why a better cooling is important for the whole system and also noise reduction is nice to have.

Some people do simply prefer this and others don't.

Sincerely
Marcus

I really like silent computers, so I surely appreciate.

I was a bit kidding before, because it was unbelievable for me that an X1000 should be cooled while using a CPU which was greatly publicized as drawing less power, especially compared to the "infamous" x86 ones.

So, it seems that it has real noise problems. Weird.

Good luck with your project.

MARCOM 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 19:40:13
#16 ]

@cdimauro

:) no problem. I just have to explain the difference between the users experiences in the Forums repeatedly. Not everyone is open-minded for this topic for any reason...

Sincerely
Marcus

Kicko 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 20:08:50
#17 ]
Elite Member

@MARCOM

Im ofcourse pleased with the magmabreath. This new one is like people say like a coloseum :)

MARCOM 
Posted on 22-Feb-2015 20:14:33
#18 ]

@Kicko

To be honest, even I find it too huge. But it's the only one that doesn't take two days of my lifetime for modifying it
All others are a nightmare to mod.

But if one finds an alternative passive heatsink, please let me know...

aclogic 
Posted on 23-Feb-2015 19:08:01
#19 ]

@MARCOM

Wow, this cooler is a liitle bit too big.
Blocking the first PCIE-slot is a really bad idea, because the second has only 8 lanes.

Anonymous 
Posted on 23-Feb-2015 19:35:15
# ]

@aclogic

Not Hardware-wise...

Report this post  
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle