Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 134 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigang

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigang:  55 secs ago
 Tpod:  38 mins ago
 pixie:  43 mins ago
 Birbo:  57 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 4 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 32 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 28 mins ago
 MarcioD:  2 hrs 51 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 59 mins ago
 matthey:  3 hrs 6 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Development
      /  Kings of Israel Board Game Amiga version.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
phoenixkonsole 
Re: Kings of Israel Board Game Amiga version.
Posted on 21-Sep-2015 17:33:34
#21 ]

@Bugala
Hi,

i gave it a try on my Notebook which has only a 1024x768 resolution...
Hmm.. I can't read anything : )
The images are scaled down, which is fine, but too small to read.

So you should at least give a minimum resolution.
Maybe 1280x1024 would work better.
A HD resolution would be best of course.. I need to sit down to my PC to play in higher resolution ; )

Tutorial works, no crash so far.

If I choose 2 Pophets ... does it mean i need at least 2 human players or is the second one controlled by the cpu?

I must admit I need to check the rules first : )

Profile     Report this post  
Bugala 
Posted on 21-Sep-2015 19:18:24
#22 ]
Cult Member

@phoenixkonsole

It is meant to be played in HD resolution. However, I am planning to make a layout system so that people can choose for example the zoom level of the cards themselves, so that if they are playing it on lower resolution than HD, they can make cards zooming bigger to make cards more readable in lower resolutions.

If you choose 2 prophets, it means you are controlling 2 prophets. 3 prophets, and you control 3 prophets.

Original board game is basically meant to be played with each prophet being controlled by one human, however, since game is played against the Board, and players play co-operatively against the board, hence the board game can be played in single player mode as well by same player controlling all the prophets.

I actually havent played original board game with others ever, but have always played it as single player game.

By the way, Zoom is done by Right clicking on any of the cards. Im not sure i mentioned that in that tutorial i threw there, have to check if i did or not, and add it there if i didnt.

And thanks for both testing as well as feedback.

Have to think of a way to inform people that it is meant to be played in HD resolution, but that it is possible to play it with lower res, as long as you fix the layout yourself then.

phoenixkonsole 
Posted on 21-Sep-2015 21:09:13
#23 ]

@Bugala
Thanks,
If you like I can sponsor and point you to a database with songs and sound effects.
There are some epical songs and also some with chorus. For non commercial use, prices are moderate.

Bugala 
Posted on 21-Sep-2015 22:26:02
#24 ]
Cult Member

@phoenixkonsole

I am planning to use Mods in this one, but do give the links, those kind of places are always good to have in pocket for future projects, plus, i anyway need samples for the songs.

zzd10h 
Posted on 21-Sep-2015 22:30:24
#25 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Bugala

Tested your game under OS4.1 FE/X1000 and get a freeze before to begin the game (see camera picture below)

As it's full screen and that it lockup totally, I don't have debug output.

http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Divers/DSCN0772.JPG

Bugala 
Posted on 22-Sep-2015 9:25:07
#26 ]
Cult Member

@zzd10h

That sounds very strange. For all it should do is to be waiting for mouse button, like it did with previous green texts, and next thing to happen right after mouse button click would be to remove that text, just like before.

Have anyone else tried with AOS4 and got the same problem, or is this unique to zzd10h?

I am going to make next version so you can choose the screenmode/window mode with Hollywoods own choosing option, i was actually two days ago wondering why didint i already do that, since it is only a minor change to activate it.

If you are willing, it would be helpful to know if it works better then.

Edit: Oh, and forgot to ask. Was it so that pushing "ESC" didnt work either? You could also try CTRL-C to see if that works.

For if even ESC didnt work, then it would seem like the program crashed for some reason. If ESC works, then for some reason it is not reacting to mouse button but program might actually be running "normally" still.

Last edited by Bugala on 22-Sep-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Last edited by Bugala on 22-Sep-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Bugala 
Posted on 12-Mar-2016 20:00:06
#27 ]
Cult Member

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE (0.67)
from indiego appstore: http://aros-broadway.de/indiego/styled-25/index.html

Important things have happened and this is a big leap to much more playable game.

- There is now a debugfile.txt created during run. If you encounter a crash, save this file and send it to me.

- I have started writing a readme file which is there, but it is not very complete yet. (I just realised i should have mentioned the rules of the game in there).

- There is now a layout system which lets you yourself make your own layouts to the game.
To fix layouts is not most ideal, but it does its purpose. NOTICE: When you go to edit layout, those boxes will stay until you quit the program. Therefore, edit, quit, and restart the game. There is now different layout for each 2, 3, 4 prophet version of game, making it much more playable than before.

- Lots of bugs have been fixed and now most games that i played, didnt crash, but i was able to play them till the end.

- There is no end. There only comes a message telling if you won or lost, and after that it either continues as normal, or crashes - no need to report of this crash, it is normal and supposed to happen, there is simply no handling of win/lose yet. neither is there any way to get back to main menu after game starts, but to restart the game.

- ESC to QUIT at any time!

Amiga OS 4 version has a bug, you must select "window" mode at start, everything else fails. However, not tested if 1920x1080 resolution screen would work, since thats what this game runs on normally.

Runs on SAM440EP, but as i didnt have that big screen available, it was hard to read the text on cards, but speed was okay.

as last. Development of this game have slowed down a lot because i havent been able to justify to myself to use that time on making a free game. I havent abandoned this project, but it will continue to be much slower on updates in future too.

Good news however is that I have started working on my first Commercial Game project.

marko 
Posted on 12-Mar-2016 23:15:51
#28 ]
From: Gothenburg, THE front side of Sweden ;), (via Finland), EU

@Bugala

m4rko.com/AMIGA

Bugala 
Posted on 13-Mar-2016 21:06:58
#29 ]
Cult Member

@Marko

thanks.

I did a very small update. I noticed turning hollywoods own smoothscale on didnt actually make the game much heavier, yet it makes cards well readable when they are zoomed on my SAM440EP.
It is now slightly slower, but much better looking and as a result, more playable on resolutions less than Full HD.

Version number is still the same.

Last edited by Bugala on 13-Mar-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle