Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
25 crawler(s) on-line.
 150 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

-Sam-

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 -Sam-:  4 mins ago
 RobertB:  28 mins ago
 Gunnar:  39 mins ago
 OlafS25:  47 mins ago
 pixie:  48 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 2 mins ago
 blmara:  1 hr 27 mins ago
 miggymac:  2 hrs 11 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  4 hrs 39 mins ago
 DWolfman:  4 hrs 48 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Classic Amiga Software
      /  Anyone know any real-time audio effects programs?
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anyone know any real-time audio effects programs?
Posted on 13-May-2015 15:09:15
#1 ]

Hello everyone (again!)

So i'm happy to say I now have both of my Amiga 1200's up and running. I have a master unit with a simple speed doubler + 8mb fast ram and the other is a bare bones stock "slave" unit..

What I am doing is simply having them connected with a midi cable so I can send midi notes to the other like a normal midi instrument, but i have another angle to this one..

I still have my trusty GVP 8bit sampler interface that goes in the back. This allows me to also have the Amiga be a kind of effects processor. I own a couple of programs already such as "Super Echo" and another that does a kind of real time pitch shifting with mouse control.

I can't help but imagine there might be more experimental / freeware apps out there that could change sound in realtime. So I thought I'd post the question here for any of you Amiga vets out there that might remember something or have something you know would be of interest.

Thanks!
Caleb

Profile     Report this post  
serk118 
Re: Anyone know any real-time audio effects programs?
Posted on 13-May-2015 15:33:59
#2 ]
Cult Member

@227

I am sorry i cannot remember name of the tool/sw called but mine arrived with one, I find the hw at.
http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/aura

http://serk118.blogspot.com/

djnick 
Posted on 13-May-2015 16:31:24
#3 ]
Cult Member

@227

As far as I remember [I hope I am not wrong] but realtime effects you can achieve with

- AudioMaster2 or 3 [it had realtime pitch, echo, delay...]

http://www.google.rs/imgres?imgurl=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kgU6I5FaiDM/maxresdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3DkgU6I5FaiDM&h=576&w=1050&tbnid=m-4OzRJuo0MlDM:&zoom=1&docid=TpmLWDhte1aH-M&ei=oXlTVfrdN8msswHMqIHgBA&tbm=isch&client=opera&ved=0CG4QMyhJMEk

- Samplitude [it was extremely fast, editing samples was on the level of WaveLab on PC]

- Audio Sculpture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwqVDIUh74I

afaik it was possible to type text and you will get sample of it. Also it could mix 2 or 3 tracks to one. Hit play, record and have all tracks [what you "hear"] sampled.

- Oktalyzer had 8 channels and realtime sample stretch! [just will need some time to recalculate it]. Amazing software for that time.

http://www.google.rs/imgres?imgurl=http://obligement.free.fr/gfx2/sander_oktalyzer.png&imgrefurl=http://obligement.free.fr/articles_traduction/itwsander_en.php&h=554&w=684&tbnid=EsGcU6ousSqUlM:&zoom=1&docid=g2MfiklpMzfntM&ei=U3tTVci8EIaysQHI34DYBA&tbm=isch&client=opera&ved=0CBoQMygSMBI4yAE

- PT-1210 MK1 (RC1) - realtime delay, etc. Great for mix. Written in assembler :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg7Bi6Waje4

- OctaMED Sound Studio and Digibooster2 had possiblity to add delay sfx on separate channels.

Ah those were programs :)

djnick 
Posted on 13-May-2015 16:36:13
#4 ]
Cult Member

Ah there is realtime Music Line, look at the editor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xXmMOUTRzo

AlexC 
Posted on 14-May-2015 5:18:56
#5 ]

@227

Check out hd-rec, it has a nice mixer with live monitoring and let's you apply various effects on the inputs and output channels, so it's able to act as a DSP/FX processor.

AmigaOne XE/X1000/X5000/UAE-PPC OS4 laptop/X-10 Home Automation

Posted on 14-May-2015 13:38:13
#6 ]

Wow that's great. I'll definitely dig around and see what I can find! The programs I have are ones i found back in the 90's through BBS's.. so i think everything you've mentioned is completely new to me!

The thought of having realtime 8-bit effects is really exciting. I have old rack effects processors (distortion, pitch, delay, etc) but they all (even then) were more or less full range audio, not 8-bit.

Thanks!
Caleb

Hypex 
Posted on 14-May-2015 13:41:14
#7 ]
Elite Member

@227

I do recall some cool programs that did SFX but can't fathom the names now! :-

But I may also be confusing it with a 3d demo titler that was fun to play with.

Symhphonie has a DSP built in with realtime delay but I don't know if it could do it to live samples. It was an advanced tracker.

Posted on 14-May-2015 14:04:37
#8 ]

@Hypex

yea i actually have a program called SFX which was a kind of "sound forge" for the amiga.. it was not real time though IIRC.. and it was pretty unstable for me at the time.. I'll need to try it again though and see if I can get it running again.

Any other interesting / experimental tools are welcome too! I have this one program that was kinda cool.. it basically let you paint a picture and the colors / pixels translated into weird synth sounds..

it was a kind of amiga version of "meta-synth" an old program for Mac. I bet there are more gems out there for audio manipulation too.

one of the things I loved to do back in the day was load actual files into amiga sound editors.. they didn't care about file extensions.. lol you want me to load lemmings? fine..

here is what it sounds like.. "shdhshshhdhshdhshdhshdhshshdfhh" :)

Trixie 
Posted on 14-May-2015 15:32:38
#9 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@227

Quote:
i actually have a program called SFX which was a kind of "sound forge" for the amiga.. it was not real time though IIRC.. and it was pretty unstable for me at the time.. I'll need to try it again though and see if I can get it running again.

SoundFX (aka SFX) was indeed not realtime, although the last version was internally prepared for streamed data (which would allow the development of realtime FX modules). As for stability: SFX was always quite stable unless you mixed up binaries. The program was distributed compiled for various processors, with or without FPU, and you have to make sure you install the correct binary for the correct hardware.

ProStationAudio had realtime plugins but that was a commercial and a rather expensive program.

AmigaOne X5000/020 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition

Posted on 26-May-2015 0:43:03
#10 ]

So I just wanted to give a quick update about my audio explorations. Today was a very good day indeed.

- got music-x installed and thanks to a user on this forum I was able to also find the manual for it

- got bars and pipes 2.5 installed and running well also. The manuals for this were also found.

both at this link: http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/amiga/applications/

- I was able to get audio master 4 installed and working. the realtime effects worked nicely

- I was able to get an app i found (not sure where now..heh) called ARP11 working, though it wouldn't really fit in my studio because it wouldn't integrate into a sequencer, it was still neat to see it work!

- I found two dedicated sampler programs that also worked today so now my second A1200 can be a dedicated sampler. Both are fairly straight forward and offer good save options. one is called MidiIn and the other is called SMT.

- I got Music Line to work but it doesn't seem to support midi input which is what I'd need for it to be useful.

- SoundFX by that name seems to be an old MOD tracker from 1988. I couldn't find the "sound forge" type of audio editor I was using circa 1996.. SFX I thought was the name but apparently not.

Thanks for all the great advice and suggestions. I definitely have everything I believe I need at this point. Now it's just a matter of learning / experimenting with the tools I have.

Thanks
Caleb

Trixie 
Posted on 26-May-2015 8:27:08
#11 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@227

Quote:
SoundFX by that name seems to be an old MOD tracker from 1988. I couldn't find the "sound forge" type of audio editor I was using circa 1996.. SFX I thought was the name but apparently not.

http://www.amigafuture.de/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=3580&sid=7450069bb2c782447f599602d04c024e

AmigaOne X5000/020 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition

Hypex 
Posted on 26-May-2015 14:32:45
#12 ]
Elite Member

@227

Yes I also recall playing random files and ones with samples inside them

BTW how did you load Lemmings? Executable? Disk images weren't as popular.

I'm sure I also used a real time sound FX program. But darned if I can remember the name! Wonder if any of those coverdisks will reveal a clue?

Hypex 
Posted on 26-May-2015 14:39:25
#13 ]
Elite Member

@Trixie

Quote:
ProStationAudio

I remember that! Features looked real good for the time. And even advanced by todays standards with support for tempo matching so I read. With a price tag ot match.

But that site doesn't work. Google keeps returning sites that do not exist.
What happened to the Google cache?

Last edited by Hypex on 26-May-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Trixie 
Posted on 26-May-2015 14:51:56
#14 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Hypex

Dunno. It certainly worked when I posted that link

Hillbillylitre 
Posted on 26-May-2015 19:10:31
#15 ]

SoundProbe I thought worked well for adding effects to sound samples. It has everything from flangers, chorus, reverb, pitching, vocoder, filters etc. and working in realtime. And there is also SoundFX.

Using: One Commodore C64 - One Commodore Amiga 500 - One Commodore Amiga 1200 with BVision and Blizzard 68060 with PPC coprocessor running Amiga DOS - One Hellbillylitre Amigatwox86x64x6000x running Windows7

Kicko 
Posted on 26-May-2015 19:34:40
#16 ]
Elite Member

A all in one studio program with both midi and audio, mixer, plugins etc.
The faster machine you have the merrier.
HD-REC

Its also opensource if someone wants to continue on it. No updates for 2 years now.
Sourceforge

A video made by me to show a little on how hd-rec works. Beware of the voice :p
Video

Last edited by Kicko on 26-May-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Last edited by Kicko on 26-May-2015 at 07:35 PM.

xe54 
Posted on 27-May-2015 11:03:53
#17 ]

@227

There is T.R.E.X which is the realtime effects program given away on a CU Amiga coverdisk and probably lurks on Aminet. I ran that on an unexpanded 1200 with a Mega-Lo-Sound 8-bit external sampler and it was great for recording through, but as I remember, there was no way of recording into!

Posted on 27-May-2015 15:43:05
#18 ]

@xe54

So weird, I could have sworn I posted a reply earlier about this, but it seems that I didn't..

do you know where I could find that T.R.E.X program? I did some googling and found this http://amr.abime.net/coverdisk_index_6 but its a lot of adf's to sort through. If I have too I will though.. but anything that might speed that up would be great! :)

HD-Rec looks awesome but it looks like it would require much newer hardware and not running on WB 3.1

I'm having difficulty finding Soundprobe. Does anyone have it? I sent a PM to someone who said they contacted the creator who gave it too him as freeware. I'd love to explore it.

wawa 
Posted on 27-May-2015 16:06:38
#19 ]
Elite Member

@227
Quote:

HD-Rec looks awesome but it looks like it would require much newer hardware and not running on WB 3.1

im not sure if it will run on 3.1 plus some support libraries. im usually using a modded 3.9 when i occasionally record some guitar tracks on amiga 4000/060 mediator/voodoo/soundblaster. but hardware wise a zorro3 enabled machine with a zorro sound card and preferably zorro rtg board might be enough.

Posted on 27-May-2015 16:28:52
#20 ]

@wawa

Yea maybe some day if / when I can get my hands on an A4000 I could look into some card options out there

I wish I could remember the name of that 8 track card.. it looked sweet in the magazine ads :)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle