Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
7 crawler(s) on-line.
 157 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  19 mins ago
 matthey:  47 mins ago
 kolla:  2 hrs 38 mins ago
 Hammer:  2 hrs 50 mins ago
 amigakit:  3 hrs 31 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  3 hrs 34 mins ago
 pixie:  3 hrs 42 mins ago
 Rob:  4 hrs 4 mins ago
 corb0:  4 hrs 34 mins ago
 zipper:  4 hrs 35 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  Access Denied! Your address is blacklisted.
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BrianHoskins 
Re: Access Denied! Your address is blacklisted.
Posted on 3-Jul-2015 16:53:28
#21 ]
Cult Member

Just applied to have it removed, and in fairness it was done straight away. I know I am not the cause of the original listing because the reason for the blacklist was due to a Microsoft Windows based trojan, and I don't run Windows on any of my machines.

The main problem for me is that my ip is assigned dynamically so I can not predict when I will be assigned a blacklisted address. The login block on AmigaWorld.net only works intermittently (as does the post block) so I am often initially let in, even though the ip is listed. I then try to make a post, potentially spending some minutes on it, and then I end up with a blacklist problem and I lose the content of my post.

Personally I've got myself into the habit of using CTRL-A, CTRL-C before pressing 'submit' so that in the event of a blacklist problem I can go back and then CTRL-V to recover my post content.

However, it would be better if:

1. There was some way to set AmigaWorld.net such that the post content is not lost after a blacklist error (perhaps you are shown the blacklist message and then returned to the post entry with the original content restored).

2. AmigaWorld.net never lets you in if you're on the blacklist. That way the possibility of losing a post is reduced. It's still possible though, because your ip might go on the blacklist after the AmigaWorld.net login.

Profile     Report this post  
BrianHoskins 
Posted on 3-Jul-2015 16:57:03
#22 ]
Cult Member

@BrianHoskins

...okay, so even though I applied to have my ip removed, and it says it is done, I still get the blacklist error. I had it when making the last post, and had to retry a few times to get it to go through. Fortunately I made use of my copy-paste habit!

My ip is still shown as listed on this page:

http://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/94.197.120.91?ip=94.197.120.91

It says I am listed in the XBL because my address appears in the CBL. However, when I select the CBL link I am told it was removed 10 minutes ago.

BrianHoskins 
Posted on 3-Jul-2015 16:58:52
#23 ]
Cult Member

@BrianHoskins

Now I am shown as removed on the page I linked before. Let's see if I get blacklisted again.

...yep!

Jose 
Posted on 3-Jul-2015 17:00:48
#24 ]
Cult Member

Is it really that difficult to implement an account registration that avoids bots registering ? Maybe we should just not bother and move to another forum ? Just asking..

José

BrianHoskins 
Posted on 19-Jul-2015 9:03:11
#25 ]
Cult Member

Still experiencing the address blacklisted problems. Each time I have to go and get the address delisted and it takes some time for it to happen before I can reliably use the website. The problem is that I am dynamically assigned an IP address which could previously have been used by someone who triggered the listing.

aw.net is the only forum I have any problems with. There appears (correct me if I am wrong) to be no desire to recognise this as a problem to be tackled, because aw.net use this service to prevent SPAM. However, on the flip side of that coin, I've decided that I don't want to keep firefighting these CBL listings if there is not going to be any attempt to resolve the problem.

Of course, that means I will have to use another forum if I want to keep chatting about Amiga stuff. Which is definitely a shame.

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 19-Jul-2015 11:16:40
#26 ]
Elite Member

@BrianHoskins

Or maybe you have some virus on your PC, that triggers the black listing.

Daedalus 
Posted on 19-Jul-2015 12:24:24
#27 ]

@NutsAboutAmiga

Could be true for some, but it's absolutely not the case for me, and I'm sure many others as well. Bottom line is that there are many members being blocked because of an over-enthusiastic protection system.

BrianHoskins 
Posted on 19-Jul-2015 14:39:10
#28 ]
Cult Member

@NutsAboutAmiga

I run Linux full time. Still, I explored the possibility and found that it is definitely not caused by my machine.

The problem is that I am assigned a dynamic IP, which could previously have been used by someone whose machine did trigger the blacklist.

It happens regularly enough to cause significant inconvenience. As much as I do sympathise with SPAM problems, I think the solution has to be transparent for normal users. If it is causing them significant trouble, with no prospect of the situation changing, then naturally many of them will decide it's too much hassle to use the service. Which is at least as big a problem as the SPAM in my opinion.

Cheers,

Brian

PS: Lucky I deployed the old CTRL-A, CTRL-V trick again - I was blacklisted, yet again, which wipes away the post content.
I'm definitely done with the blacklisting trouble. I will of course keep an eye on the thread to see if any improvements happen in the future.

Last edited by BrianHoskins on 19-Jul-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Phantom 
Posted on 19-Jul-2015 15:25:22
#29 ]
Elite Member

@BrianHoskins

I still have the same problem as well, and it's happening on amigans.net as well.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle