Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
9 crawler(s) on-line.
 109 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 OlafS25:  7 mins ago
 outlawal2:  27 mins ago
 AndreasM:  29 mins ago
 sibbi:  38 mins ago
 saimo:  53 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  53 mins ago
 vox:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 kolla:  1 hr 15 mins ago
 Mr_DBUG:  1 hr 17 mins ago
 Gunnar:  1 hr 56 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Hyperion : why no OS4FE updates since 1 year ?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
PosterThread
retro 
Re: Hyperion : why no OS4FE updates since 1 year ?
Posted on 29-Jan-2016 11:10:55
#181 ]

i wonder way aeon is putting onboard video on the tabur card when all pepole's gona use an radeon card with the radeon driwers ?... way bother put on an onboard card
in the first place.

could it be that the tabur card is an linux board that is just converted to use amiga and there by not build to be an amiga

Profile     Report this post  
noXLar 
Posted on 29-Jan-2016 12:19:32
#182 ]
Cult Member

@Zylesea

i buy one if the price if per unit 400-600 €
two if the price if per unit 250-450 €
three if the price if per unit 200-300 €

something like that.. but i wouldt need three off course,
but if they where cheaper than what i wrote, i maybe consider it

Last edited by noXLar on 29-Jan-2016 at 12:36 PM.

fjudde 
Posted on 29-Jan-2016 13:21:19
#183 ]

@retro

The Tabor on board graphic capabilities comes from the choice of the processor.

The P1022 have a LCD display interface unit (DIU) "LCD interface supporting a display of 1280x1024P at 60Hz,24bits per pixel"

amigasociety 
Posted on 29-Jan-2016 16:26:43
#184 ]
Cult Member

@fjudde

One cool thing I can see one day, is dual display on Tabor too. One on board driving one display and Radeon card driving 2nd display. I enjoyed dual display on my X1000 when I had it. Dual on Tabor will make it even more useful and fun, for me at least, if they ever add that feature.

TJ

realize 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 1:23:39
#185 ]

we should change the title of this thread to : " why doesnt hyperion care about communicating with the amiga community anymore"

Overflow 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 1:32:42
#186 ]

@realize

Ssolie did say (AmiWest) he more or less had stopped reading forums. My impression there are too much noise and little substance. Time-consuming to read forums. And I guess no matter what they say, it usually doesnt end well.

But there is always Hyperions forum.

eliyahu 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 1:54:53
#187 ]

@realize

it does -- if you communicate constructively. try sending a polite email or PM, or avail yourself of the hyperion support forum. you might consider leaving the term 'fanboi' out when you do, by the way, or indeed any other insults.

people here and on other forums have chased them away with constant trolling, name-calling, and point-scoring. if people treated me like that so consistently, i wouldn't partake, either.

-- eliyahu

realize 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 2:28:57
#188 ]

@Overflow

Ssolie? The same guy who fabricated the os4 laptop? "Its here and its running" what a joke. Of course perfectly timed with Morphos ppc mac laptop release... pathetic. lol he doesnt read forums becuase there is too much truth.

realize 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 2:33:32
#189 ]

@eliyahu

I understand what you are trying to say. However, the track record has been atrocious. If it was any other amiga type company (say commodore from a few years ago) you guys would have ripped them to shreds. Politeness has worn off. When someone lies over and over you kind of cease to be nice. Ive been giving them chance after chance and have been pretty adverse to them since they made up the LIE about Morphos being stolen code. (and still wont retract it) Should i mention the "Timberwolf" debacle? THOUSANDS of dollars in donations for crap that freezes the machine and is useless. That money could have went to real development for things we need. And they dont even feel bad about it.

Also fyi many people try to contact them and they are ignored. Also they have been using this as an excuse for years now. Its time for the community to do something about this. Its gone on long enough. Pretty soon the platform will be dead if this keeps up.

Last edited by realize on 01-Feb-2016 at 02:39 AM.
Last edited by realize on 01-Feb-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Birbo 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 5:58:47
#190 ]
Cult Member

@realize

+1

+1

Rob 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 7:28:10
#191 ]
Elite Member

@realize

Quote:
Ssolie? The same guy who fabricated the os4 laptop? "Its here and its running" what a joke. Of course perfectly timed with Morphos ppc mac laptop release... pathetic. lol he doesnt read forums becuase there is too much truth.

Do I have to post the photo of the Limebook with OS4 kickstart running on it too.

terminills 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 11:02:40
#192 ]
AROS Core Developer

@Rob

Quote:
Do I have to post the photo of the Limebook with OS4 kickstart running on it too.

You could, but could you post a picture of the one that matches the announced specs? :)

"AROS is prolly illegal ~ Evert Carton" intentionally quoted out of context for dramatic effect

Overflow 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 12:07:59
#193 ]

@realize

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=34459&forum=33&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0#633775

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7967&forum=3&start=100

I see your point about announcing something, and then failure to deliver. Ssoile mentioned as much regarding "not so great trackrecord" about for example multicore support/AOS4.2 being talked about already in 2010 or earlier.
That said; I dont take that as "malicious" intent as some seem to think. My issue is that the hardware of choice is too expensive vs what it delivers.

What do you mean with the sentence "Its time for the community to do something about this"?

For myself; while I dont condemn the AOS4 efforts (software/hardware), its still not enticing enough for me. I accept that others find alot of enjoyment and use from AOS4.
Until there are some development on the AOS4 front with regards to hardware price, Im sticking to my Classic Hardware hobby. With the ongoing development of Vampire accelerators to A600 (and in the future A500/1200), the classic OS line will get a new lease on life.
Use of high resolution, decent amount of memory and relativly good performance, the classic user expirience will defintly make more of us find day to day use for those machines.
Until my PSU died last week, I started the classic machine pretty much every time I had time to sit at my homeoffice. Ill readily admit I still use my Wintel machine more than the A1200, but that will probarly change if terminills "office" efforts bear fruit. Couple that with Vampire performance increase, and you got a sufficient improvement in userfriendliness to make AOS3.x viable.

Many will just shrug and say; "AOS3.x" has been dead for decades. Thats fine.
EAB got several people making improvements for the workbench expirience. And then you got AmiKit. So it shows there are ways to enhance the OS epxirience.
Looking at the number of people lining up to buy a Vampire, Id say "Amiga community" doesnt hinge completely on Hyperions/AOS4 direction.

Yasu 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 12:17:51
#194 ]

It really seems that the Amiga community is the only computer community that can't accept being left behind. The C64 community have no problem with that, the Atari community have no problem with that, the ZX81 community have no problem with that. All the other communities accept this and just makes the best out of it and having fun.

While an Atari user might say "060 for an Atari? Wow, then I do a lot of neat stuff on it!" an Amiga user would say "Not fast enough! The PC is lot faster! And it's not cheap enough either! If this continue the Amiga community will die and my life will be meaningless!"

Maybe it's time to stop chasing the dragon and try to just enjoy what we got. If you are so pissed of that you can't enjoy what you are doing then maybe that is a sign that it's time to start doing something else instead.

My MorphOS Blog

"Free speech includes other peoples right to offend you."

Overflow 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 12:34:46
#195 ]

@Yasu

I think the majority of the Amiga community accepts the fact that AOS x is anicent and will never compete with anything mainstream.
Thats why there seems to be quite the demand for Vampire, we enjoy AOS 3, but would not mind a performance boost. I still use the 68030 powered A1200 much more than AmiKit. That doesnt really makes sense from a performance or feature point of view, but its something about the tactile nostalgica. As I said; I use A1200 rather frequently.

Those that want better performing hardware and more modern OS has gone for MorphOS, AROS (x86) or AOS/PPC. I dont see anything inherently wrong with that.
Just because AmigaWorld and Amiga.org got their "wars", doesnt equate that the majority of us are into that. I like to think its the vocal minority.
You got other forums like http://ada.untergrund.net/ or English Amiga Board that are completely devoid of conflicts. All populated by Amigans.

Last edited by Overflow on 01-Feb-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Last edited by Overflow on 01-Feb-2016 at 12:36 PM.

noXLar 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 13:21:38
#196 ]
Cult Member

@Yasu

+1 haha

thats true words :)

eliyahu 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 13:47:02
#197 ]

@Yasu

Quote:
While an Atari user might say "060 for an Atari? Wow, then I do a lot of neat stuff on it!" an Amiga user would say "Not fast enough! The PC is lot faster! And it's not cheap enough either! If this continue the Amiga community will die and my life will be meaningless!"

Maybe it's time to stop chasing the dragon and try to just enjoy what we got. If you are so pissed of that you can't enjoy what you are doing then maybe that is a sign that it's time to start doing something else instead.

well said, sir. well said.

-- eliyahu

damocles 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 14:34:54
#198 ]

@terminills

Quote:

terminills wrote:
@Rob

Quote:

You could, but could you post a picture of the one that matches the announced specs? :)

I take it the two are different in specs?

Daytona675x 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 14:36:09
#199 ]

@Yasu
make that +1 more

OlafS25 
Posted on 1-Feb-2016 14:39:44
#200 ]
Elite Member

@Overflow

+1

68k (in my case Aros 68k) is a lot of fun

There is most software available for 68k and not for NG (68k code base is 10x-15x as big as all NG platforms combined and that without games). I think Vampire/Apollo will bring a lot of fun back. The discussions NG versus 68k (mostly looking down) is specific to the amiga community. We should just have fun, if somebody prefers AmigaOS, Aros X86 or MorphOS then be it. But the rest enjoys the upgraded amiga hardware or uses UAE.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle