Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
23 crawler(s) on-line.
 148 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  20 mins ago
 Hypex:  28 mins ago
 AndreasM:  29 mins ago
 kolla:  37 mins ago
 Gunnar:  50 mins ago
 saimo:  1 hr 38 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 OldFart:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 _ThEcRoW:  2 hrs 17 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  2 hrs 44 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Registering and Upgrading of "Enhancer Software"
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gregor 
Registering and Upgrading of "Enhancer Software"
Posted on 19-Mar-2017 13:39:00
#1 ]

I have not found this info anywhere... Where should the "Enhancer Software" (the one sold as a _physical package_) be registered? How and from where can the upgrades for it be downloaded? (I do not have the package yet, so I cannot check it myself! ;)

Beacuse I will first need the latest Radeon driver even to be able to install OS4.1, I have to download the latest upgrade via other system than AmigaOS 4.1... (= no Amiupdate or AmiStore available)
Is that possible?

Regards,

Gregor

Profile     Report this post  
amigakit 
Re: Registering and Upgrading of "Enhancer Software"
Posted on 19-Mar-2017 14:15:48
#2 ]
Amiga Kit

@Gregor

To register the software, go to the Amistore website and click register product from the menu options

Enter the serial number on the back of the Enhnacer Software box.

www.amistore.net

vrana 
Posted on 19-Mar-2017 23:24:00
#3 ]

@Gregor

Amigakit answered how to register. The how to upgrade works via the AmiStore application which will allow you to download any upgrades once you are registered.

Gregor 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 9:08:18
#4 ]

@AmigaKit
Thanks for the tip! I created the AmiSphere account to be able to register when I get the package...

@vrana
Quote:
vrana wrote:
Amigakit answered how to register. The how to upgrade works via the AmiStore application which will allow you to download any upgrades once you are registered.

I think the AmiStore application cannot be installed/run unless you already have a working OS4.1 system... (there is no linux version of it, AFAIK ;). And as I told first, I would need first get my hands on the Enhancer upgrade and latest Raden driver to be able to install the OS 4.1.

So, what is the "Plan B" ?-)

Regards,

Gregor

Hypex 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 13:19:52
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Gregor

Bit of a chicken and egg here. Looks like you need a working OS4.1 system in order to upgrade it which makes sense. So I suspect the missing answer is a no.

Even if you didn't need AmiStore to register you would still have the problem of updating the Radeon driver on an OS4.1 system that didn't exist yet.

So you will need a working OS4.1 install before you update. Do you have a late model HD card? That isn't supported at all by the OS4.1FE install CD?

Gregor 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 14:50:00
#6 ]

@Hypex Quote:
Bit of a chicken and egg here. Looks like you need a working OS4.1 system in order to upgrade it which makes sense. So I suspect the missing answer is a no.

Even if you didn't need AmiStore to register you would still have the problem of updating the Radeon driver on an OS4.1 system that didn't exist yet.

So you will need a working OS4.1 install before you update. Do you have a late model HD card? That isn't supported at all by the OS4.1FE install CD?

Exactly! You have understood the problem perfectly...

But as it was Mathew himself who told that the problem can be solved simply by replacing the old driver on the installation disk with the latests and by burning the modified .iso file on a CD, I would expect there is also be some way to GET the new driver...

Regards,

Gregor

SACC-dude 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 17:47:34
#7 ]

@Gregor

Why don't you JUST get a compatible radeon card?

broadblues 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 19:05:49
#8 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Gregor

Register the product, then *ask* Matthew for the driver?

Otherwise I'm sure the issue migt be resolved in better way at a later point, but really the pragmatic solution (simply asking) seems best for moment,

amigakit 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 19:12:06
#9 ]
Amiga Kit

@broadblues

This is exactly the solution I was going to suggest once Gregor receives and registers his Enhancer Software.

Gregor 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 20:18:14
#10 ]

@SACC-dudeQuote:
Why don't you JUST get a compatible radeon card?

The card I have IS compatible, with the latest Radeon driver . It is the OS4.1 and Enhancer CDs which are out of date... I was not aware of that when I bought my card, and even my dealer was under the impression that the "SVGA"driver on OS4.1 CD is so general that it will work with anything... And from AmigaKits pages you get the impression the Enhancer CD is already v1.2 (while it is still 1.1, which you must then upgrade to 1.2).

BTW, buing a second card JUST for the installation would be pure wasting... Not my habit ;).

Regards,

Gregor

Gregor 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 20:22:24
#11 ]

@amigakit Quote:
This is exactly the solution I was going to suggest once Gregor receives and registers his Enhancer Software.

Thankee! I will keep that offer in my mind...

Regards,

Gregor

amigakit 
Posted on 20-Mar-2017 21:08:43
#12 ]
Amiga Kit

@Gregor

Quote:
And from AmigaKits pages you get the impression the Enhancer CD is already v1.2 (while it is still 1.1, which you must then upgrade to 1.2).

The Enhancer Software CDs we sell on our web store are actually version 1.2 (not older v1.1) exactly as described on our product pages.

The Enhnacer Software CDs produced since January 2017 are all version 1.2 with latest public RadeonHD driver supporting Oland chipset.

Last edited by amigakit on 20-Mar-2017 at 09:11 PM.

SACC-dude 
Posted on 21-Mar-2017 6:04:39
#13 ]

@Gregor

I didn't say "buy one"...I said get one...

Borrow a compatible card
Install 4.1.1
install the enhancer pak
pull the borrowed card

install "your" card

done

..or come to the next SACC meeting, I'll lend you one my cards, we'll be done in 15 minutes

Last edited by SACC-dude on 21-Mar-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Last edited by SACC-dude on 21-Mar-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Gregor 
Posted on 21-Mar-2017 7:42:18
#14 ]

@amigakit Quote:
The Enhancer Software CDs we sell on our web store are actually version 1.2 (not older v1.1) exactly as described on our product pages.

The Enhnacer Software CDs produced since January 2017 are all version 1.2 with latest public RadeonHD driver supporting Oland chipset.

Oh well, I am terribly sorry! That wrong information came from my dealer when I asked them to order 1.2 for me. They were absolutely sure that the information on your page was wrong and that there is no 1.2 CD... I have to inform them!

Regards,

Gregor

Hypex 
Posted on 21-Mar-2017 13:10:40
#15 ]
Elite Member

@Gregor

Quote:
Exactly! You have understood the problem perfectly...

I had to re-read it to understand it.

As to "slipstreaming" an OS4.1 CD, do you have any other Amiga machines or a PC at hand? If you have an actual Enhancer CD it may be possible to extract the driver and copy it in. Then burn an updated CD/RW to burn from.

Not sure about the PC or Mac, but you would need to somehow keep the file meta-data intact. I'm not sure if that is possible. Then specify the SLB as a boot block.

On Amiga MakeCD should certainly be able to do this since it knows Amiga files. And you can specify boot block code. Though I've only done this on AmiDVD.

Gregor 
Posted on 21-Mar-2017 14:29:48
#16 ]

@HypexQuote:

As to "slipstreaming" an OS4.1 CD, do you have any other Amiga machines or a PC at hand? If you have an actual Enhancer CD it may be possible to extract the driver and copy it in. Then burn an updated CD/RW to burn from.

Not sure about the PC or Mac, but you would need to somehow keep the file meta-data intact. I'm not sure if that is possible. Then specify the SLB as a boot block.

On Amiga MakeCD should certainly be able to do this since it knows Amiga files. And you can specify boot block code. Though I've only done this on AmiDVD.

I hava a classic Amiga but it has a read-only CD-Drive... In a Linux portable I have a burner, and I believe there are powerfull tools for this kind of job, but I am not yet familiar with them.

I was informed by Matthew it is also possible to do this on a USB-stick, but then you need an Amiga which has a USB-port, to be able format the stick with SFS1. Maybe also an Amiga emulator can be used... I have used FS-UAE (Mac & Linux, with AmigaOS 3.x), but have never tried to format a USB-drive with it.

Regards,

Gregor

Last edited by Gregor on 21-Mar-2017 at 02:31 PM.

SACC-dude 
Posted on 21-Mar-2017 20:09:28
#17 ]

@Gregor

If you don't have a NG machine... but you have a video card...?

Why all the fuss to get a driver for an video card to work on a NG Amiga..
That you don't have?

I'm very confused now.

Anonymous 
Posted on 24-Mar-2017 11:46:16
# ]

@amigakit

Registering never worked on any Amiga browser, i had to use Opera on a Linux machine to register.

The Amiga browsers were always throwing me back to a site telling me i had typed in the wrong password, which i hadn't, so...

Last edited by Raziel on 24-Mar-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Report this post  
Rob 
Posted on 27-Mar-2017 18:30:54
#19 ]
Elite Member

@Gregor

Did you manage to make a CD or memory stick with the updated driver?

Hypex 
Posted on 28-Mar-2017 12:39:20
#20 ]
Elite Member

@Gregor

Quote:
Maybe also an Amiga emulator can be used... I have used FS-UAE (Mac & Linux, with AmigaOS 3.x), but have never tried to format a USB-drive with it.

That's a good idea with emulation. It's possible you could create an image to install the files on with a host HD image and then write it to a USB stick.

Say you had a 4GB stick. You could setup a 4GB HD image in UAE. Then install an RDB, booter and OS files. Ignoring some mismatched drive info in RDB this could work fine. But it would really need to be done on OS4 emulation.

Perhaps easiest would be to use UAE to create a CD image. So first make sure you have shared access to Amigas from within UAE and on the host. You can do this with a virtual HD mounted as folder.

Assuming UAE can read a CD, put the OS4 CD in the drive. On Amiga side copy contents to RAM. Best to create directory for this. Now replace CD with expansion CD. Extract out updated files and copy over newer drivers to same location in RAM. You now have a base patch.

Open up MakeCD. Add all the files with Add->FS->Add and give it the directory in RAM. If you know your way around MakeCD all good.

From same ISO image prefs window check that Amiga settings and Rock Ridge are set from ISO button window. From Boot button window, enable MSDOS booting, image is OS4 CD L/slb_v2 file and emulation should be none.

Give all the windows the okay. And then select to create an image file from an empty CD. Destination set to RAM or shared HD. After it works you should have a bootable OS4 CD image.

On the host take the image and write to a CD/RW. Then take that CD/RW and boot it on your new OS4 machine.

Note that this SLB (booter) method only works on AmigaOne and Sam machines that I know of. I don't know what machine you have. Nor what boot method it uses.

In the meantime a fully patched MakeCD if you don't have it yet:
http://home.lizzy.com.au/dmaen/downloads/MakeCD_3.2d.lha

Last edited by Hypex on 28-Mar-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle