Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 143 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 matthey:  1 hr 5 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  2 hrs 4 mins ago
 djnick:  2 hrs 24 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 40 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  3 hrs 18 mins ago
 kolla:  5 hrs 38 mins ago
 Hammer:  5 hrs 49 mins ago
 amigakit:  6 hrs 30 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  6 hrs 34 mins ago
 pixie:  6 hrs 41 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  Wings Remastered Released?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
klapdeur 
Re: Wings Remastered Released?
Posted on 2-Nov-2017 23:50:39
#21 ]

@Raziel

It was not personal to him.
But there are things that atr not the calls of daytona hes only doing what he is willing to do for us amigans. For all those who bought the pre release they dont have to worry the updates will come shortly to the final release version .

I also have pre ordered wings as one of the first and still waiting. But im not complaining.

On the other hand pre release or a new playable demo is proof of life of the project not like in the pastball those empty promises and so on...

Just to clear myself its nothing personal to anyone.

Just letting you guys know that daytona is working very hard to getthe game ready for full release. And hes close to it.

Profile     Report this post  
Acill 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 2:56:08
#22 ]

WOW! I preordered this the very first week it was offered like two years ago! How in the heck can they justify selling boxed coppies to people before they send them to those of us that paid so long ago!

sheesh, just wrong.

Hans 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 5:23:42
#23 ]
Elite Member

@Acill

Quote:

Acill wrote:
WOW! I preordered this the very first week it was offered like two years ago! How in the heck can they justify selling boxed coppies to people before they send them to those of us that paid so long ago!

sheesh, just wrong.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with this either (preordered it too), and I can understand Raziel's anger. Those who preordered it really should have received it first before selling to anyone else.

Hopefully we'll get the fully finished boxed sets we paid for relatively soon.

Hans

kyle 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 6:26:43
#24 ]
Cult Member

Keep calm.
I prefer to have a complete product on printed CD rather than an incomplete game to play with waiting for the complete version to download and copy on CD.

So no problem at all for me in waiting for final release, hopefully within Xmas

Last edited by kyle on 03-Nov-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Epsilon 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 6:28:31
#25 ]

@Raziel

I agree 100% with what you say about this shameful affair of selling the Wings Remastered boxed game to customers at Amiga32, when customers who paid for the games two years ago (including myself) are still waiting to get it, even the "almost complete" AmigaOS 4 version of it!

We were not even told as prepaid backers from 2 years ago that there was a "almost complete" version available for AmigaOS4, or that the game was being sold to anyone who wanted it at Amiga32!

And still nothing at any stage communicated to us about when we will get it...

I was thinking the same thing about Tower 57 but after a very long delay it looks like that will finally see the light of day this month (on Windows/Mac anyway) on Steam. Perhaps as kickstarter backers I will get the prepaid AmigaOS 4 boxed version eventually, after everyone who didn't prepaid or wait has got it from an Retro/Amiga show or directly from Steam...sigh.

It has really dented my enthusiasm for supporting projects like this when we are treated like this. Without our financial support at the beginning the projects would never have happened. That contribution should not be forgotten by these same developers when they reach the point of releasing it.

We should be getting the software BEFORE anyone else who didn't prepay for it does, and some communication about the status of these projects wouldn't go astray either.

And the reason for the thinning of the NG Amiga community becomes ever clearer to me.

Ok, I'll stop venting now.

BTW the Amiga32 event looked amazing - thanks to everyone who shared photos. Would have loved to be there but I have been quite ill and in hospital so....at least I am recovering at home now.

Catcha,
Epsilon

Last edited by Epsilon on 03-Nov-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 6:41:48
# ]

@klapdeur

I think we can agree that it's not daytona's fault at all.
(Nobody said so either, he's doing some amazing work for the Amiga community)

Report this post  
Petah 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 8:12:21
#27 ]

Will the new release of Wings run on the Amiga Tabor?

outrun1978 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 9:12:56
#28 ]
Cult Member

@Petah

of course it will as it is OS4 specific.

@Epsilon

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell and wishing you a speedy recovery. I speak for many others when I say we are all missing your blog posts and pearls of wisdom!

klapdeur 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 10:50:27
#29 ]

@Raziel

Thats right raziel.
All i know is that cinemaware retro wanted to present some proof of life at neuss32 so they did .
In a good way ??? NO daytona's choice No.
But wings is comming along nicely hes working realy hard to finish it up shouldnt take long anymore for a full release.
No date yet but its comming.

Nicsoft 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 14:29:40
#30 ]

@klapdeur

OK, I'll promise you to "stop the bullshit".
My last pre-order has been made...

netrot 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 15:25:49
#31 ]

i think ist a mistake....only People who preordered it got a prerelease copy.

Anonymous 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 17:31:51
# ]

@netrot

Even *if* that would be the case, which isn't, then why do some get a pre-release and not the others?
I have pre-paid to fund the development aswell, so why don't i get it?

Ah,w ell, it's moot to discuss his any further...

I'm with @Nicsoft...last pre-paid made, last time i helped funding anything

Report this post  
Overflow 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 18:26:19
#33 ]

I dont disagree with the points people make on this topic but;

Whenever I support an Amiga related case, I know it will get done EVENTUALLY, but Ive seen projected timelines always be too optimistic. So I just support and revert into "its done when its done".

Take Jeroen Tel. Great musician, but has taken way longer than he expected. Thats fine. He needs to do other stuff to pay bills, and I have his Soundcloud releases AND the massive library of C64 he made to keep me entertained while hes progressing in a more realistic pace.

Same with Daytona. He said quite bluntly that since the amount of pre-ordered copies were so low, the developmentpace would suffer.

Ofcourse, Cinemaware selling copies is begging for annoyed supporters, but on the flipside, it will generate income thats probably needed considering the relativly low sales on the Amiga version (most probably purchased the PC version).
The show was relativly big, so it makes commercial sense to whip out copies there imho, since the amount of retrofans in one place is hard to beat.

Anonymous 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 18:40:07
# ]

@Overflow

Again, i don't blame @Daytona.

If they had a pre-release readys for the show, they had it ready BEFORE the show.
So it would be a matter of ONE measly email to tell the backers that there is a download available with a nearly ready version, something along those lines.

They didn't do that and that's what they are now paying for, they lost a customer.

Report this post  
Hans 
Posted on 3-Nov-2017 23:48:40
#35 ]
Elite Member

@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@Overflow

Again, i don't blame @Daytona.

If they had a pre-release readys for the show, they had it ready BEFORE the show.
So it would be a matter of ONE measly email to tell the backers that there is a download available with a nearly ready version, something along those lines.

They didn't do that and that's what they are now paying for, they lost a customer.

That's really the heart of it. I certainly don't mind if they sell more prerelease copies, show a prerelease at a show, etc. What's problematic is that those who preordered it suddenly hear that it was available for sale at a show. Not only that, they hear it from third party show reports instead of from the company responsible.

That's obviously going to get people wondering what's going on. It's released already? I preordered, so why didn't I hear anything? Did they forget to send me my copy? And why are people at a show getting access earlier than those who supported the project with preorders?

A simple email in advance of the show explaining what and why would have been appreciated.

Hans

lionstorm 
Posted on 5-Nov-2017 17:36:29
#36 ]

@Hans

looking back in my mailbox, I found a mail from Cinemaware retro team dated 24th of july and stating :

"Wings:RE (Amiga)
Also here we are nearly finished. Daniel, our developer, made some really major updates that this version will be i some parts better then the original PC-Release. Production will be started in september and the official release will be at Amiga32 in Neuss, Germany at October 28. http://Cinemaware.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8829b9c89755c1b130a8422cd&id=82105f8f2e&e=0965fac117"

so they did announce the release at Amiga32, we just did not pay enough attention !

kyle 
Posted on 5-Nov-2017 22:50:56
#37 ]
Cult Member

@lionstorm

You're right, I also had received that mail, here you are the full communication:

Hey Guys,

first i want to thank you all for your big patience. I try to keep up all the information in a "short" mail because i´ve got many things to announce

Order and Shipping process.
Many of you got a lot of patience with me. In the last months i´ve got two major database crashes, with the first one i´ve had to edit over 100 Orders manually, and also some issues with the delivery process. But the most of you where still patince and now, hopefully, everyone should got his orders. But this is a thing that is not longer acceptable. So i spoke with different Companies and now i can announce that i will partnership with http://www.dragonbox.de. They will handle, starting in late August, all the delivery and shipping for Cinemaware. I think this was long time overdue and i can fully concentrate on PR and Production of the releases.

Changes of the Shop.
The shop will transfered in August. So there will be some major changes. The shop will be now completely located in germany. So we have to raise the prices because of our tax system. So if you still want to order or pre-order games for the original price, be fast. Right now i expect a rais about 15-20%. http://retro.cinemaware.com/

Communication
Also one thing i´ve working on. Right now i try to answer every mail asap. Also the social media channels should get more input. But there are also many communities out there and this is something i´ve got also not the time to handle this anymore. So i would ask you if 2 or 3 of you got the time of 1 hour a week to help me there. It should be great if you could communicate in english and your native language. So you make announcement and send me questions from the community.

Rocket Ranger Extended Collector´s Edition
This project is now 80% finished. One major thing is, that we can now translate the game in every language you want. So if you want Rocket Ranger localized in your language, send me a mail. I would send you a .xls and instructions. Your translation will then used in the game. We can do this with every single Cinemaware-Game. So, if you want Rocket Ranger translated in your language, just give me a note. Deadline for this is August 15.

The Soundtrack is nearly finished. So i will send you a preview next week.

One major part of the project was to try to translate the japanese FM-Towns edition. I´ve got two developers that tried it, but where not successfully. So if you know anyone or a community that could help, please keep me informed.

Because of the translation i think the production will start end of August and shipping starts, with the new partner, end of september.

Wings:RE (Amiga)
Also here we are nearly finished. Daniel, our developer, made some really major updates that this version will be i some parts better then the original PC-Release. Production will be started in september and the official release will be at Amiga32 in Neuss, Germany at October 28. http://www.amiga32.de/WB.html.

Other releases
Yes, there will be more. After Rocket Ranger, It came from the Desert will be next in the Collector´s Edtion Series. Then, after the ZX and DotC-Release as Collector´s Edition some developers came to me and ask if they can do ports! Sure, so there will be some new ports, with updates for every system, that will be announced in the next time.

So thanks again for your big patience and support.

Regards
Sven

Hans 
Posted on 6-Nov-2017 1:24:46
#38 ]
Elite Member

@lionstorm

Quote:

lionstorm wrote:
@Hans

looking back in my mailbox, I found a mail from Cinemaware retro team dated 24th of july and stating :

"Wings:RE (Amiga)
Also here we are nearly finished. Daniel, our developer, made some really major updates that this version will be i some parts better then the original PC-Release. Production will be started in september and the official release will be at Amiga32 in Neuss, Germany at October 28. http://Cinemaware.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8829b9c89755c1b130a8422cd&id=82105f8f2e&e=0965fac117"

so they did announce the release at Amiga32, we just did not pay enough attention !

Ah, I missed that.

Not going to let them off the hook just yet, though. Two reasons:
1. That message doesn't say that they would like to sell boxed sets at Amiga32 before we get ours
2. We never got an "It's released" email (probably because it's not quite finished)

I'm certainly not mad about it like Raziel is, but I wasn't impressed by how this was handled either. There's still time for them to "fix" this...

Hans

Nicsoft 
Posted on 6-Nov-2017 3:14:36
#39 ]

@Thread

The main problem for me, is that Cinemaware was way to optimistic regarding the release date:
https://youtu.be/K06wHT-Kz7g?t=199

Varthall 
Posted on 6-Nov-2017 16:03:55
#40 ]

Just my 2 cents:

I have also paid for the game two years ago, and I must say that I'm not concerned at all for that pre-release being sold at the fair, unlike every other one here it seems. The simple reason is that that game is not the one I have paid for. I'm waiting only for the full, release version of it, so I'm not bothered about any prerelease or demo version. Even if that same prerelease version would have been released as a downloadable archive for us backers, I wouldn't have bothered to try it out: I wouldn't like to start to play it without knowing if it would be possible to complete it, or if it would be stable enough. And in case it would be possible to finish it, I'd anyway have to play the final version, too, to see what I was missing in the prerelease. For this reason I'd rather wait for the final version anyway.

When the final version will be released, in this case I expect that they ship it to us on the same day.

I agree that maybe they could have warned us in advance about the prerelease version being sold at Amiga32, and asked if any of us would like to download that prerelease version, but I'm not mad or disappointed for not having received it. I'm sorry though for those who have been disappointed by how the things have been (mis)handled.

I really hope that an official statement will be eventually released, explaining the situation.

Varthall

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle