Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
18 crawler(s) on-line.
 140 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

Rob

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Rob:  3 mins ago
 amigang:  10 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  13 mins ago
 agami:  36 mins ago
 matthey:  42 mins ago
 kolla:  50 mins ago
 amigakit:  1 hr 13 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 zipper:  2 hrs 3 mins ago
 OlafS25:  2 hrs 5 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4 Software
      /  The Web browser situation
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Chris_Y 
Re: The Web browser situation
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 16:45:08
#61 ]
Elite Member

@bitman

Quote:

bitman wrote:
What about QT browsers - wasn't Alfkil going to update his QT port to a more recent version.

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7463&forum=38

Profile     Report this post  
BSzili 
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 16:53:29
#62 ]

@Chris_Y

Sure, but Qt uses WebKit. Back to square one.

-Sam- 
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 17:40:45
#63 ]
Elite Member

@Hans

Quote:
Wow that's really pessimistic and angry. Sounds like you need to take break. Find something else you enjoy.

This is why we had Moo. ;)

number6 
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 18:07:38
#64 ]
Elite Member

@-Sam-

sorry for off-topic but to fill your void:

https://cbmamiga.wordpress.com/about/

https://twitter.com/cbmamiga

wawa 
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 18:25:26
#65 ]
Elite Member

@number6

some boring one man shhow with no more injsight than average forum poster. moo lived of colorful language, inventive posting styles, background knowledge and its peculiarities like the g-spammer.

Last edited by wawa on 26-Jan-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Last edited by wawa on 26-Jan-2018 at 06:25 PM.

outrun1978 
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 18:39:37
#66 ]
Cult Member

So on the twitter feed you have linked it is suggested Timothy DeGroote is a member of the Populist Vlaams Belang?

Anyone with a passing knowledge of Belgian Politics would know a large proportion of Flemish speakers would support a Separate Flemish State and so support this party. It’s a running joke in Belgium that the Wallons can’t speak Flemish and the Flemish in turn refuse speak French as a result 😉. Quite how the country manages to get things done given the linguistic battles is nothing short of a miracle.

Question is who is behind the twitter feed and what motives do they have?

Last edited by outrun1978 on 26-Jan-2018 at 06:52 PM.

jorit2 
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 18:57:52
#67 ]

@outrun1978

Quote:

Anyone with a passing knowledge of Belgian Politics would know most Flemish speakers would support a Separate Flemish State and so support this party.

Suggesting that most Flemish speakers support this party is ... pushing it.
A quick check, the last election results, shows that only about 5.9% support this party.

Moreover, this party is considered to be an extreme-right party.

You may be confused, I guess you meant the NVA (Nieuwe Vlaamse Alliantie) which does indeed hope for a split of Belgium, and they are ... very popular.

Quote:

It’s a running joke in Belgium that the Wallons can’t speak Flemish and the Flemish won’t speak French as a result 😉.

I'm Flemish and I do speak French fluently and I know a lot who do.
I also know of a lot of French-speaking people who do speak Flemish.
It's true that there are issues, but let's not push it

Evert

bison 
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 19:55:50
#68 ]
Elite Member

@BSzili

Quote:
Sure, but Qt uses WebKit. Back to square one.

Didn't Qt switch to Blink?

BSzili 
Posted on 26-Jan-2018 21:05:29
#69 ]

@bison

Qt5 has both QtWebkit and QtWebEngine (the latter using Blink), but Blink is just the layout engine. The V8 JavaScript engine never had big endian support. It was only ported to PPC-LE. This is why you don't see Chromium in big endian PPC distros.

OneTimer1 
Posted on 27-Jan-2018 15:34:51
#70 ]
Cult Member

@Niolator

Quote:

Is Netsurf 4 going to be a huge improvement over ...

I would like too, if Netsurf would be an improvement over Odyssey.

It might be a good browser for 68k but as long as they don't have a plan beyond the possibilities of Odyssey, I don't see a real improvement.

Odyssey could still be improved, it is an open source project open to everyone who will work on it.

Last edited by OneTimer1 on 27-Jan-2018 at 03:53 PM.

bison 
Posted on 27-Jan-2018 16:16:03
#71 ]
Elite Member

@BSzili

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the situation with V8.

Chris_Y 
Posted on 27-Jan-2018 17:37:50
#72 ]
Elite Member

@OneTimer1

It's a bit out of date, but the plan is here: http://wiki.netsurf-browser.org/development_plan/

OpenSSL needs fixing for OS3/68k if anybody can help.
I tried to build a gcc6 toolchain too, but it won't build anything due to header issues, if somebody wants to look at that.

Last edited by Chris_Y on 27-Jan-2018 at 05:38 PM.

cdimauro 
Posted on 27-Jan-2018 18:44:37
#73 ]
Elite Member

@Raffaele

Quote:

Raffaele wrote:
There are only two or three Amiga developers who seriously take care of bugs when they are signalled, Fab and maybe Broadblues, I don't remember...

Lucky them, which have unlimited time available. Or have not so much bugs to care. Or simply it's not true what you said (more probably).
Quote:
The other seems always they do not care user messages...

That's not a bad thing necessarily, since most of the time users don't know even what they really want. And since they usually have absolutely no idea of how a program works and is developed, it's even worse because they ask senseless things, things that aren't really useful, or that are quite difficult to implement and don't justify the effort.

As a general rule, users/customers should NEVER be in contact with any developers. NEVER! It's only a waste of time.

It's better to put another figure as a mediator, like a customer support. That's how serious companies work.
Quote:
Amiga devs number is dwidling...? I do not care too anymore...

Then take your old applications and live with them forever. Because I don't see the problem of you rants, since you don't care about developers, which are the only ones which can put some oxygen to a platform.
Quote:
It is sad as I love this platform, but it is infested by very mean people both users and developers, and I am asking myself really if it deserves to vanish as vapor dispersing these people in other realities of informstion technology. I am tired fighting for this platform.

Take a look at my message in the "Part IV": the platform IS ALREADY VANISHING. It's "only" a matter of accepting it. Finally.
Quote:
I spent my best money in it, but it also gave me best moments of experience of computing, and also the worst moment in which I was literally discriminated as being Amiga user.

Oh, poor guy. Nobody felt the same, eh? You're The Only One (TM).
Quote:
Here I encountered the worst exhalted people here as for example the italian Amiga developer who literally destroyed from the inside any project team he joined (you all know who I mean)

It's quite likely that you're talking about me. Which projects I would have "destroyed"? List them, one by one, and PROVE your words. Otherwise you're a liar.
Quote:
and that was banned from any Amiga forum,

I'm only registered in 2 Italians forum, and... I wasn't banned. In fact, both accounts are still alive:

http://www.amiganews.it/forum/viewtopic.php?p=238807#p238807
http://www.a-mc.biz/nsa/index.php?action=profile;u=62

So, your is... rolling drums... another lie. Another one of the many that you're constantly spreading around the world, due to the holy war that donquixotely you're fighting against your psychedelic mills.

BTW, I simply decide to leave Italians forums (take a look at my signatures) because they are an insane environment frequented by blind integralists and trolls, which spent their time continuously attacking me (that's the only thing which they were capable of), and with moderators which were either trolls themselves, or doing nothing to change the situation.
Quote:
or exhalted MorphOS people who even made critics to my religion just for the fact once I welcomed people in a Christmas message with a bless involving saints. Silly people.

Yes, religion is the right term to justify all the things that integralists like you make. Continuously. Your holy war against who you've identified as the "infidels".
Quote:
Amiga world is a cage of fools.

And you're the king here, as you showed from very long time, albeit I've to say that the messages that you've written in the last days reached new heights of blind fanaticism and craziness, attacking and insulting everybody, and even the post-Amiga developers which are the only ones that could help to improve the situation of the post-Amiga communities.
Quote:
At least in Windows and Machintosh world there are dozillions morons so the amiga morons who migrate there could made no serious damage to these platforms.

People like you can make damages whatever is the environment where they livr. You're the cancer of the micro-niches of post-Amigans, and what's worse is that you don't ever understand the effects or your actions.

But having read your deliriums from very long time, I've to say one thing in your favor: I think that it's not your fault. The culprit is mother nature, because she was unkind to you...

Last edited by cdimauro on 28-Jan-2018 at 06:55 AM.
Last edited by cdimauro on 27-Jan-2018 at 06:45 PM.

wawa 
Posted on 27-Jan-2018 21:21:45
#74 ]
Elite Member

@Chris_Y

Quote:
I tried to build a gcc6 toolchain too, but it won't build anything due to header issues, if somebody wants to look at that.

what header issues?

i have started makefile for building netsurf on aros (been stuck due to proper syntax for generating some headers) but succesfully compiled few support libs already, if i remember well also with aros gcc6.3 version. so shouldnt be that hard. perhaps you need to tell the compiler it should default to an earlier c standard, but its usually problem rather with c++.

realize 
Posted on 28-Jan-2018 1:37:44
#75 ]

@Raffaele

Dont call Kas1e stupid we are VERY lucky to have him and ppl like him porting and coding for our platform.

PR 
Posted on 28-Jan-2018 1:59:11
#76 ]

We need stupid users like PR too.

Playground times are over for me at this topic.

This should be done PRofessionally with the companies involved to bang the buck.

The wait stay moment is a bit of a joke like mostly all have other platforms..

Because the Amiga netting is so ancient. How come in others all are free? Advert blocks too.

I'll buy IB and all in a second and offcourse the printing that should come with the OS.

So old rant. My brain is no go coder as very much different problem solutions to do.

If could, would , luckily we are different in other areas.

Is there been recent contact with the mainflow devs? Used to be mentioned Amiga OS4. Cool.

Chris_Y 
Posted on 28-Jan-2018 13:42:52
#77 ]
Elite Member

@wawa

For example, building libtre..

/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/bin/m68k-unknown-amigaos-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/env/include -I/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/env/include -MT tre-ast.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/tre-ast.Tpo -c tre-ast.c -o tre-ast.o
In file included from tre-internal.h:13:0,
from tre-ast.h:14,
from tre-ast.c:14:
/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/m68k-unknown-amigaos/include/wchar.h:182:106: error: unknown type name 'locale_t'
rict pwc, const char *restrict s, size_t n, mbstate_t *restrict ps, locale_t loc);
^~~~~~~~
/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/m68k-unknown-amigaos/include/wchar.h:183:62: error: unknown type name 'locale_t'
extern int wcscoll_l(const wchar_t *ws1, const wchar_t *ws2, locale_t loc);
^~~~~~~~
Makefile:363: recipe for target 'tre-ast.lo' failed

I can't see any other mention of locale_t anywhere though, so maybe this is a clib2 problem? Weird that it never happened with the old compiler though.

In the header it's in a c99 section, so maybe that's relevant?

Raffaele 
Posted on 28-Jan-2018 20:10:45
#78 ]

@cdimauro

Talking of the devil here comes CDMauro.

Benvenuto! Steveme scarsi a munnezza...

(Tr. from neapolitan: "Welcome. We just suffered a lack of garbage.")

And perhaps write what you want.

I have enough of you and this time I will not loose my time reading your acid troll babbling.

Last edited by Raffaele on 28-Jan-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 28-Jan-2018 20:13:27
#79 ]

@realize

Quote:

realize wrote:
@Raffaele

Dont call Kas1e stupid we are VERY lucky to have him and ppl like him porting and coding for our platform.

He is not stupid. He just was rude and mean with user Niolator, with no any reason to be like that.

wawa 
Posted on 28-Jan-2018 20:41:42
#80 ]
Elite Member

@Chris_Y

i can answer off hand but it reminds me of something. have you googled that? i have seen similar problems, that may hint on the case. im going to look at compiling netsurf again later. currently im occupied compiling odyssey..

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle