Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
11 crawler(s) on-line.
 103 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 agami:  6 mins ago
 Seiya:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 44 mins ago
 Rob:  3 hrs 54 mins ago
 vox:  3 hrs 59 mins ago
 kolla:  4 hrs 52 mins ago
 mbrantley:  4 hrs 54 mins ago
 pixie:  5 hrs 17 mins ago
 FerruleMedia:  5 hrs 25 mins ago
 amigakit:  5 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Developer Projects Forum
      /  Perception-IME status update...for those interested in Asian Language support
Register To Post

PosterThread
Belxjander 
Perception-IME status update...for those interested in Asian Language support
Posted on 2-Oct-2014 7:28:07
#1 ]
Cult Member

Perception-IME is currently able to be built from source or alpha archive on os4depot.net (uploading that after this post).

perception.library is the core library and currently presents Commodity and Application access.

Chinese.Language is installable and will provide *correct* UTF8 Encoded strings for Chinese.
Japanese.Language is also installable and providing corrected UTF8 strings for Japanese users
Korea.Language is again, installable, but NOT providing correct UTF8 strings for Hangulgeo.

in addition to the above "string" presentation from each Language, Perception.Library is used from the Languages (when they are selected) to provide an *optional* means of typing that language.

Chinese does little beyond chording typed input.
Korean adds a lookup table which is empty and requries knowledge of Korean Keyboard chording.

Japanese is the most complete of the three languages present in actively having a *correct* Romaji to Kana lookup table.

I just need to put the finishing touches on the Hiragana and Katakana mode options and the next step is to present Hiragana and Katakana UTF8 sequences to the OS.

Is there any interest in MOS/AROS Japanese support in addition to OS4 Japanese support?
the codebase is available at the the Perception-IME Project Source Repository

I've also been blogging a bit more at os4coding.net for anyone interested in following as well...

Sincerely,
Belxjander

Profile     Report this post  
Chris_Y 
Re: Perception-IME status update...for those interested in Asian Language support
Posted on 2-Oct-2014 8:38:07
#2 ]
Elite Member

@Belxjander

Great! I hope anybody who doubted you comes out now and apologises.

Channel_Z 
Re: Perception-IME status update...for those interested in Asian Language support
Posted on 2-Oct-2014 8:54:55
#3 ]

@Belxjander

Quote:
Is there any interest in MOS/AROS Japanese support in addition to OS4 Japanese support?

Yes, that would be great. MOS supports unicode strings and truetype font rendering with TTengine, so the only missing thing is an input method editor.
AROS should also be doable. Had a quick look at the source, looks kinda portable to MOS/AROS/AOS3. Library calls of course needs changing from AOS4 interfaces to standard Amiga library calls with an #ifdef or so.

Thanks for delivering, and I hope the people who mock you will shut up now :)

K-L 
Posted on 2-Oct-2014 10:47:41
#4 ]

@Belxjander

Good work !!

NutsAboutAmiga 
Posted on 2-Oct-2014 11:21:06
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Belxjander

I'm impressed.

Belxjander 
Posted on 2-Oct-2014 12:58:28
#6 ]
Cult Member

@Channel_Z

I deliberately chose the current style so that adding the languages concerned has no interference with future system extensions within locale,

additionally...nothing but the language files and master library need to be installed...

I'm more interested with under the hood, not bells and whistles in OS development...

I've also chosen to open-source Perception-IME so that the entry into AmigaOS development is quicker and easier for interested developers.

Last edited by Belxjander on 02-Oct-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Raffaele 
Posted on 2-Oct-2014 14:00:49
#7 ]

@Belxjander

Great Job!

Unfortunately great japanese Amiga users like Susumu Hirasawa abandoned the platform.

P.S. Does this library works on MorphOS too?

Yes I am interested in IME too...

Last edited by Raffaele on 02-Oct-2014 at 02:03 PM.

zzd10h 
Posted on 2-Oct-2014 20:43:05
#8 ]
Amiga Developer Team

@Belxjander
Hi,
I don't speak japanese therefore I tried your IME lib just by curiosity, to see how can look AOS4 with asian glyphs

-I copied libs/Perception.library into Sys:Libs/
-I copied Devs/Keymaps/Japanese into Sys:Devs/Keymaps
-I copied Locale/Charsets/* into Sys:Locale/Charsets
-I copied Locale/Languages/* into Sys:Locale/Languages

and rebooted but as soon that I try to access Prefs/Locale => DSI in ramlib.
Tested 2 times

http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Divers/Crashlog_ramlib_2014-10-02_21-27-25.txt

By removing all your languages files into Sys:Locale/Languages solved this crash.

And what is the goal of the supplied Docky ? I'm unable to add it in my AmiDock.

It's really only for information, as I said, I will never use Japanese language.

Belxjander 
Posted on 3-Oct-2014 4:30:49
#9 ]
Cult Member

@zzd10h

Right now the point is to find out if anyone experiences crashing issues like you have just reported.

I'm basically wanting a group of testers to self-select and see what errors turn up.

To see the actual Japanese Syllables currently produced you would need the U3040.pdf and U30A0.pdf Unicode.org CodeCharts...

There is "Sashimi" output displaying the "CodePoint" values for the Hiragana and some Katakana right now.

The IME as it is now is *NOT* finalized... I'm still to add how the Syllabary and Ideograph Sequences will be pushed back into the OS input-stream. (I may just setup for UTF8 octets to be fed as Keyboard events through input.device as these would all have the highest bit set and be ignored by the IME internally.)

I've not tested for multiple language libraries to be loaded with IME bindings (this is still "todo").

I've mainly been focused on one language with IME support being added to the system for the locale preferences to work.

Thank you for the feedback and bugreport

EDIT: Added a photo of current (commit 400) outputs...

I've additionally updated the os4depot.net archive

Last edited by Belxjander on 03-Oct-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Last edited by Belxjander on 03-Oct-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Last edited by Belxjander on 03-Oct-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Chris_Y 
Posted on 3-Oct-2014 12:03:08
#10 ]
Elite Member

@Belxjander

Quote:

Belxjander wrote:
@zzd10h

Right now the point is to find out if anyone experiences crashing issues like you have just reported.

Yes, I tried here and get the same thing. I can "ignore" past the error and then everything works as expected (or I assume it does, I don't really know what I'm doing).

Belxjander 
Posted on 3-Oct-2014 14:35:14
#11 ]
Cult Member

@All, so a single DSI when perception.library is loaded?

@ChrisY, feel free to checkout the code,

If that is the only issue then I just need to refine the functions, LCALL_SetLocaleContextAttr and LCALL_GetLocaleContextAttr in /Perception/Library/apicalls.c source.

Chris_Y 
Posted on 3-Oct-2014 15:57:58
#12 ]
Elite Member

@Belxjander

What might be related, is that I see the "local language name" for these three languages in Locale as "UTF-8".

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle