Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
30 crawler(s) on-line.
 69 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

pixie

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 pixie:  15 secs ago
 Hypex:  19 mins ago
 cdimauro:  22 mins ago
 AmigaMac:  2 hrs 30 mins ago
 JimS:  4 hrs 41 mins ago
 Hans:  4 hrs 55 mins ago
 RobertB:  5 hrs 31 mins ago
 agami:  5 hrs 57 mins ago
 A1200:  5 hrs 57 mins ago
 Kremlar:  6 hrs 18 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Website feedback and suggestions
      /  "Report post" button not working
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Minuous 
"Report post" button not working
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 6:45:40
#1 ]

"Report post" button doesn't seem to work anymore. I reported this offensive post http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7331 and nothing has happened, user has not been banned, post has not been fixed, and have not heard back from any moderators. So I am manually reporting it, mods can you do something about this?

I have resisted the temptation so far to reply in the same vein as the troll, however if nothing is done I certainly don't intend to put up with such personal attacks without flaming the troll.

Profile     Report this post  
TheAMIgaOne 
Re: "Report post" button not working
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 12:21:38
#2 ]
Cult Member

@Minuous

Whats the problem? I can't see any against you, although I can see your prominent remarks of 'this piece of junk'

AmigaOneXE OS4.1.6

TaoSoftwareBlog Youtube

OlafS25 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 12:31:09
#3 ]
Elite Member

@Minuous

I do not see anything either. What post is "offensive" there?

wawa 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 12:38:24
#4 ]
Elite Member

@OlafS25
either fishy down the page or minous tried to report himself.

TheAMIgaOne 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 12:44:06
#5 ]
Cult Member

@Minuous

also Minuous, users don't get banned for single cases, but they will incur abuse points.

The Report Post probably does work, but the moderators have deemed it either superficial or imposed an abuse point(s).

AmigaOneXE OS4.1.6

TaoSoftwareBlog Youtube

Minuous 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 16:16:06
#6 ]

It is the one by "fishy_fis"...

wawa 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 17:09:02
#7 ]
Elite Member

@Minuous

take a step back and realize that you were quite offensive towards strim, who is certainly not making a big buck on that offer. i really wonder if they are making any profit at all. strim is except that maintaining netbsd port for amiga and working on few hardware projects, all of them so far i know open source, so he is certainly a good deal contributing to community and a person whose attitude should be acknowledged if not a n example to follow.

i understand that you can have your negative opinion on that items pricing, but no reason to express it in such way.

A1200 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 17:24:57
#8 ]
Elite Member

I think they should remove the report button. Let each of us call each other a c*#t and be done with it. Oh ok, back to the moo I go...

Rob 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 19:01:47
#9 ]
Elite Member

@A1200

I've only used the report button about 2 times and only ever to draw the mods attention to spambots. That is a valid use.

edit

Calling a spambot a (see you next tuesday) is even more pointless than verbally abusing regular users.

Last edited by Rob on 06-Mar-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Minuous 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 21:34:42
#10 ]

I did not personally attack strim, I don't know him or his work, but I just saw that a company is offering a commercial product for sale and I merely have given my opinion that it isn't priced competitively for the features it has. Maybe I might be perceived as generally negative because if something is good there is no point in pages of pointless "This is great!" posts, so I tend to stay silent in such cases. I'm more focussed on pointing out and fixing problems; maybe that is my programmer mindset.

I might criticize a product but I don't personally attack people. I have no problems with his work on NetBSD etc. but when a commercial product is offered for sale to the public, it is reasonable to comment on such a product. No justification at all for someone else to come in and personally attack me over it, nor for moderators to ignore such a flagrant breach of their TOS.

>all of them so far i know open source, so he is certainly a good deal contributing to community and a person whose attitude should be acknowledged if not a n example to follow.

Do I not do the same?! I am having second thoughts about spending so much time developing Amiga software if I get personally attacked on Amiga forums.

Last edited by Minuous on 06-Mar-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 22:19:09
# ]

Report this post  
Barana 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 23:03:59
#12 ]
Cult Member

@Raziel hahah love it raziel, a new one!

@a1200. lol spot on.

@minuos as I understand it, it is not a commercal product nor from a commercial entity, but a user production.

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

Barana 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 23:15:15
#13 ]
Cult Member

@Minuous

maybe if you offered some positive encouragement to projects you like, people would not _perceive_ you as a whinger so much, and say the things they say about you.
(It works atreat IRL with people you respect or love too! )

I recon it would change your life and youd feel better !

I serve King Jesus.
What/who do you serve?

wawa 
Posted on 6-Mar-2015 23:52:13
#14 ]
Elite Member

@Minuous

Quote:
I did not personally attack strim

You accused him of rip off and called his product junk. And then fishy said, you moan. I think the comments are worth each other, so why do you complain?

Quote:
Do I not do the same?! I am having second thoughts about spending so much time developing Amiga software if I get personally attacked on Amiga forums

Same as strim and everybody else. Since you also contribute your deal, you must sure understand this. I mean this is not a nursery, i wouldnt comment on that at all, i just consider reportng pointless.

sundown 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 0:00:56
#15 ]
Elite Member

@Minuous

You should at least get a PM acknowledging the AR, I would expect "rejected" to be the correct response.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 0:43:08
#16 ]
Team Member

@Minuous

The button works perfectly well.

The three items submitted are in a queue waiting to be looked into. ARs are not always immediately processed - there may be discussions taking place in the staff forum before any final decisions are made.

As mentioned by other members, an AR doesn't result in an instant ban or posting restriction - many factors are considered before such action would be taken.

Also bear in mind that most of us active staff currently have limited time to be here due to work/real life. My workloads vary significantly limiting my free time, and I know other staff members have similar situations.

However, looking at the thread you did call the drive junk (well huge and junk), even though the only images shown were of an unfinished prototype. It is not surprising that there was then a comment made stating that you were moaning having said what you did.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, as was the person making the comment in respect of your own. Perhaps it could have been worded differently, but I do not see a violation that warrants the AR being approved.

Minuous 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 21:20:47
#17 ]

@_Steve_:

You are in error: The attack was an unwarranted generalization that I "never do anything except bitch and moan" or words to that effect, not a comment on my specific post.

I will release the current almost-finished version of AmiArcadia, and then that will the end of any further Amiga development from me. I've had it with you and others like you in the community. Hope you are proud of yourself for driving away one of the last remaining Amiga developers.

Feel free to delete my account, as the moderators here are all a bunch of Expletive deleted anyway.

Last edited by _Steve_ on 08-Mar-2015 at 04:52 AM.
Last edited by Minuous on 07-Mar-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Daedalus 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 22:33:34
#18 ]

@Minuous

You don't need the mods to delete your account - just don't bother coming back.

A1200 
Posted on 7-Mar-2015 22:59:15
#19 ]
Elite Member

@Minuous

Oh well we see your true colours. You are a prima Donna coder mate and probably are throwing the towel in because you don't get any satisfaction from it. Maybe because you are not very good, who knows. Take your crap over to another platform, no one owes you gratitude for writing some buggy app that only 4 people want.

_Steve_ 
Posted on 8-Mar-2015 5:03:48
#20 ]
Team Member

@Minuous

That kind of language is quite frankly unnecessary.

If you are going to react this badly from one person stating you complain a lot, then I hate to think what would happen if more people did it.

Whether the post was a generalised statement or not, it could not be classed as a personal attack. The post was made in respect of your statement that the hardware someone had produced was "a piece of junk" and that is was "huge and ugly".

Now the point is, that was your opinion, and the AR filed against you for that was equally dismissed as not breaking site rules even though it could be classed as rude and/or offensive. But you have really over-reacted to this whole incident. The two outbursts have earned you a small time-out.

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle