Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 122 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 Gunnar:  30 mins ago
 retrofaza:  42 mins ago
 kolla:  45 mins ago
 saimo:  51 mins ago
 A1200:  53 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  58 mins ago
 NutsAboutAmiga:  1 hr 21 mins ago
 zipper:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 clint:  1 hr 58 mins ago
 RickSkid:  2 hrs 8 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga Emulation
      /  WinUAE and bridgeboards
Register To Post

PosterThread
thinkchip 
WinUAE and bridgeboards
Posted on 25-Nov-2015 18:13:56
#1 ]

I downloaded version 3.2 of WinUAE and eagerly attempted to try the bridgeboard emulation. I have a A2286 bridgeboard. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to be "detecting" the bridgeboard. I'm getting hardware not found messages and library not found. I'm wondering if there is any trick to detecting any "hardware", accelerator, hard drive interface etc.

Profile     Report this post  
pavlor 
Re: WinUAE and bridgeboards
Posted on 25-Nov-2015 19:35:41
#2 ]
Elite Member

@thinkchip

Try read some threads on EAB. Be sure you selected correct settings and ROM files, WinUAE can sometimes forget these. I don´t use bridgeboards, so my help is limited there.

HelsaBryan 
Posted on 1-Dec-2015 15:24:49
#3 ]

@thinkchip

Can you please tell me what is the bridge board? What are its specifications and its applications?
What type of firmware requires for it?
What software is required for its firmware and what interface it uses for the PC and the other boards?

http://www.7pcb.com

Last edited by HelsaBryan on 12-Aug-2021 at 09:45 PM.
Last edited by HelsaBryan on 07-Dec-2015 at 11:04 PM.

pavlor 
Posted on 1-Dec-2015 15:26:10
#4 ]
Elite Member

@HelsaBryan

Welcome!

thomas 
Posted on 1-Dec-2015 15:40:22
#5 ]

@HelsaBryan

http://amiga.resource.cx/dir/ibm

thinkchip 
Posted on 2-Dec-2015 3:53:13
#6 ]

@thread

After I posted this I decided to get out my Amiga 2000HD and try to get the bridgeboard working. The IDE card wasn't working and I'll need it for the bridgeboard. I was getting a lot of lockups. So I decided to strip it down to the bare motherboard. I have a GVP 68030 accelerator, a de-interlacer card, a DataFlyer IDE card, a ROM switcher. I took it all out. I also very carefully removed the socketed chips (not the Agnes, since it wouldn't pop out without a chip puller) and reseated them. It's working great. I don't know what was causing the lockups yet. I think the Amiga 2000 is one of the best-built computers ever made. It's built like a tank. It weighs as much as a tank, too. It's survived years of various hardware configurations and almost 30 years later it's still running. The A2000HD came with a SCSI interface and SCSI drive. It didn't last long. One of them quit working. I'm not sure which. I may still have the interface card. I should dig it out. My bridgeboard is an A2286 card. This has an Intel 286 CPU. If you want to run Windows (version 3) you need a A2386. This has an Intel 386. The advantage of this is that it has memory management, which Windows needs. I would like to get one some day. A better web site for Amiga information is www.bigbookofamigahardware.com

Incidentally, there is a pretty steady market for classic Amiga computers. On ebay you can always find lots of stuff. I've got a few Amiga 500's working and then sold them on ebay. I have a couple in my collection that I don't intend to sell at this time.

Last edited by thinkchip on 02-Dec-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Last edited by thinkchip on 02-Dec-2015 at 03:59 AM.
Last edited by thinkchip on 02-Dec-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Last edited by thinkchip on 02-Dec-2015 at 03:54 AM.

thinkchip 
Posted on 7-Jan-2016 22:11:54
#7 ]

@thinkchip

I wonder if any computer geek has run into this. As I said, I'm cleaning and troubleshooting my A2000. One card I have is a GVP A2000 030. It is an A2000 68030 accelerator combined with a memory card. It's extremely old of course and I've had it a very long time. It's actually two full-sized, huge boards connected together. Today I noticed something that looked like chocolate on the bottom of it. I often eat while working and I thought I got careless and dropped some chocolate into it. On closer inspection I saw that it had run onto the motherboard. I separated the boards and found a patch about one inch square with adhesive on one side attached between the two boards. I have no idea what function it served. It was obviously placed there when the thing was assembled. Deterioration due to time or heat had caused it to melt and run down between the boards and onto the motherboard. It was thick and sticky and most likely non-conductive. I found that isopropyl alcohol softened it and I finally got most of it off. I don't even know how long it's been like that. Like I said, has anyone seen anything like this?

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle