Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 121 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  6 mins ago
 kolla:  13 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  13 mins ago
 zipper:  18 mins ago
 OlafS25:  21 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  23 mins ago
 Rob:  36 mins ago
 matthey:  42 mins ago
 RobertB:  2 hrs ago
 pavlor:  2 hrs 32 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Could Eyetech provide CPU-modules for A1XE?
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
Re: Eyetech must provide CPU-modules for A1XE!
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 20:06:55
# ]

@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@Orgin

Quote:
I can't see him stating that Hyperion should be pressured so I guess you're referring to that generally speaking?

Generally, yes. However, who else would you pressure? It's not like pressuring Apple would have any effect, so yes, I was assuming that he means Hyperion.

Of course he could also have meant AmigaInc/KMOS, since *they* are the ones owning the OS4 and making all the strategic decisions regarding the evolution of the platform, right?

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 20:15:39
# ]

I can't really understand why Eyetech is so quiet. They must say something now?

Report this post  
Frags 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 20:17:56
#103 ]
Cult Member

@anarchic_teapot

Quote:

anarchic_teapot wrote:
@Helgis

One, I recall, that you brought on yourself by overclocking your CPU despite being told it was a bad idea and in any case would invalidate your warranty...

What? Eyetech don`t have cpu cards because Helgis overclocked his computer? That`s a bit harsh

- insert profound text here -

Profile     Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 20:19:32
# ]

@Frags

No no no my friend. I stated the lack of opportunity to have CPU-modules to either replace or upgrade to Now THAT should explain it, funny bull

Report this post  
Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 20:26:28
# ]

@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@takemehomegrandma

We can go over this as many times as you like, it will not, however, change the fact that complaining about that in a public forum is going to change it.

OK!

Actually, I think you are right. Of course you are. Talking about this issue here (or any other AmigaOne issues for that matter) won't change a thing! Things are the way they are at this point. But obviously there is a need to talk about stuff like this, I think the number of posts in this thread (as well as its rapid growth) is a sign of that. And you know, sometimes talking actually helps, at least in *some* ways (even though I doubt it will have any greater impact on the hardware situation )!

Quote:
You just have to count the number of pages in this thread and see that you have approximately doubled your own post count in the last few hours to see what kind of "discussion" this results in.

Yes, I really *have* doubled my post count! Well, it was long since I spent this much thime chatting on Amiga forums, I almost forgot that it's kind of fun! I fail to see how I have contributed in a negative way to the discussion though ...

Report this post  
mlehto 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 20:40:20
#106 ]

@Rogue

Quote:
Usually, though, the general consensus seems to be that it is either Hyperion that is blocking any attempts to port OS 4, a secrect exculsivity deal with Eyetech, or a similar sinister plot that is held responsible.

Eh, I think that you take this bit too personally . I don't see much this kind of tendency around. Anyway no one can't say, that Hyperion is not making them best. Whole OS4 project is itself huge. And I personally want see OS4 final release before totally new chip set/mobo

Anyway Eyetech/Alan should communicate bit more with community in general. It should take pressure away a bit from Hyperion.

Last edited by mlehto on 27-Feb-2005 at 08:41 PM.

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 20:51:20
# ]

@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
I don't know what the problem should be, because hardware is being delivered and is up for sale. You might complain about a lot of things, but I don't know where all these "delivery isues" and "lack of hardware" is coming from.

The forums.

Quote:

Quote:
Sorry if any of that upsets any of you,

What in fact upsets me (not only in your but also in a lot of other posts) is the number of '####' I keep seeing. It's not like it is impossible to argue without using hard language and swear words.

Honestly, go count them.

There are 3 in my post, all of which are the same word.

Perhaps I should explain, I am not the greatest communicator via the written word. I write as I speak, which often includes improper english. IRL I do tend to swear a lot when I'm being informal, it's common where I come from. If I were to meet you face to face I'd talk as I write here.

You'll note none of the ####s were descriptions, for example, "####-off" just is an exagerated way of saying "big". My swearing isn't part of my argument, nor is it malicious, it's just a "colouration" of the way I speak. It doesn't detract from the points I'm making. My apologies for any offence.

Report this post  
ajk 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 20:54:12
#108 ]

The cold truth is, there will be more and more complaining, moaning, cursing and so on until these issues with the A1s are solved acceptably. No amount of rationalizing or pointing out the complaining isn't helping will stop it from happening.

Personally, I'm quite happy with my A1 and very happy with OS4, but I will be very cautious with any upcoming expensive hardware purchases ..

Coder 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 21:05:30
#109 ]
Team Member

@glokraw

Quote:
Now, I'm guessing Helgis has English as a second language? If so,
well done, and keep posting. I always try to apply a large grain of salt
to the many nuances of international postings to forums, where so many
people speak more than one language. If I recall, Rose is an English chic,
who fled to France, for hope of finer wines, fresher truffles, and more
money. I'm sure her French, and Helgis Norwegian are both superior to my
native english, so , as befitting a rich American, with too much time, and
too little talent, on his hands, I leave this thread with one parting thought...
The new upgrade modules will be ready

God I love poetry!

Coder

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 21:06:38
# ]

@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
@Orgin

Quote:
I can't see him stating that Hyperion should be pressured so I guess you're referring to that generally speaking?

Generally, yes. However, who else would you pressure? It's not like pressuring Apple would have any effect, so yes, I was assuming that he means Hyperion.

How about Amiga Inc/KMOS? Aren't they supposed to be the ones that decide this stuff?

Quote:

The problem is that this thing really haunts me. Everytime I see a "MacMini" in a topic header I know what is coming up next. Just look at the "recent thread" listing.

Well, you know how you could shut them up

Seriously though, doesn't it make you wonder how many sales (outside of the community) the MacMini is taking away from Hyperion and Eyetech (their embedded systems business)?

Report this post  
Coder 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 21:07:16
#111 ]
Team Member

@Wiffy

Quote:
Actually I dont think bitching and complaining will change a thing, but we can try it yours and Andys way and see...

It's all we got my friend.

Coder

Coder 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 21:09:20
#112 ]
Team Member

@Uncharted

Quote:
My apologies for any offence.

Don't go soft on me now Andy!

Coder

Coder 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 21:14:06
#113 ]
Team Member

@Rogue

Quote:
The problem is that this thing really haunts me. Everytime I see a "MacMini" in a topic header I know what is coming up next. Just look at the "recent thread" listing.

I hear yah! I could censor it! It's like OS4 has to run on MacMini. Sales that are lost, greater market that can be reached etc. People, don't ask anymore.

Coder

Coder 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 21:16:59
#114 ]
Team Member

@Helgis

Quote:
I can't really understand why Eyetech is so quiet. They must say something now?

You mean on the count of this thread, started today, and the mail you sent out a few hours ago?

Coder

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 21:46:35
# ]

@Coder

Sorry, i was out watching a movie. Is this true? The upgrade CPU-modules will be availabe very soon?

Report this post  
DrBombcrater 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 21:57:58
#116 ]

@Rogue

Quote:
I am pretty much sick of this whole story with OS 4 on "existing hardware". When are people finally going to understand that this is NOT about pressuting Hyperion? How often do I have to say that?

There's no need to bite my head off, no attack on Hyperion or your good self was intended

I was merely presenting a fact -- if OS4's main hardware platform were to evaporate beneath it pressure on all those concerned, including Hyperion, AInc/KMOS, and the community in general, would go through the roof. From what I understand of OS4's development and the funding of it, some kind of port to in-production hardware would have to become a critical priority were A1 sales to die off, simply in order to maintain a revenue stream.

As to what hardware that might be, the MacMini and Peg2 were just the first things that sprang to mind. There are plenty of other possibilities, such as the Teron PX2 built under licence from MAI, or a PowerPC PCI-e card for selected x86 boards. I personally don't give half a toss, so long as it is stable, quick, and has nothing to do with Eyetech.

EntilZha 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 22:07:20
#117 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@takemehomegrandma

Quote:
*they* are the ones owning the OS4

No.

"I don't have a frigging clue. I'm norwegian" -- Ole-Egil

All opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion Entertainment

EntilZha 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 22:08:11
#118 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@DrBombcrater

Quote:
There's no need to bite my head off,

Tastes like chicken, though

"I don't have a frigging clue. I'm norwegian" -- Ole-Egil

All opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Hyperion Entertainment

DrBombcrater 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 22:10:58
#119 ]

@EntilZha

Quote:
Tastes like chicken, though

Oh damn, found out at last. All that plastic surgery to get rid of the feathers, and now everybody knows! Argh!

Rogue 
Posted on 27-Feb-2005 22:13:46
#120 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@DrBombcrater

Quote:
There's no need to bite my head off, no attack on Hyperion or your good self was intended

Yeah, I'm sorry, the ArticiaS made me do it

Quote:
I was merely presenting a fact -- if OS4's main hardware platform were to evaporate beneath it pressure on all those concerned, including Hyperion, AInc/KMOS, and the community in general, would go through the roof.

I am pretty certain that it won't, really.

Quote:
As to what hardware that might be, the MacMini and Peg2 were just the first things that sprang to mind.

Personally, I don't believe in AmigaOS on Apple hardware, especially not if you want to be taken serious. I also don't think that a MiniMac version would sell at all - granted, a few would buy it, but most Apple buyers are Apple buyers because they want an Apple, not an Amiga.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle