Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
16 crawler(s) on-line.
 154 guest(s) on-line.
 0 member(s) on-line.

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  40 mins ago
 Hammer:  1 hr 30 mins ago
 Rob:  2 hrs 8 mins ago
 billt:  2 hrs 16 mins ago
 amigang:  2 hrs 27 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 29 mins ago
 agami:  2 hrs 53 mins ago
 matthey:  2 hrs 59 mins ago
 kolla:  3 hrs 6 mins ago
 Tuxedo:  4 hrs 15 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Please just stop!
Register To Post

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anonymous 
Please just stop!
Posted on 6-May-2005 1:44:42
# ]

I got the above email not long ago and have given it a lot of thought. I wanted to do this to help OS4, that was all. i had no intention of stealing or harming the A1 in nany way. The thread I started may have been better without the BBRV email I got, but its point was to show he was okay with it and he would not be involved. I asked him forst because he is a big part of the Pegasos and that was the proper thing to do.

I will still work on this project, but i will do it in private. Those of you that are getting on board and offered to help I thank you. You have my email and we will keep in touch. Please write me there or PM me at morphzone.

Moderators please remove my account. I refuse to take part on a site where people feel they need to send emails to someone attempting only to bring OS4 to more people.

-Paul R. Rezendes (Acill)

EDIT: Email removed, I didnt think it was proper to play the game the author wanted and will just not post for now as I mentioned above.

EDIT #2: The email i got was stupid, and from a hush mail account. It was not so bad as to make me smash my computer and do anything rash, but it was enough to get the point. This is not the place to do a project like this, it should be done behind closed doors and come out as a surprise. I agree that the port should not be done before OS4 is final, as does Hyperion. I will idle here, but i will not post again. If you need to reach me you can PM me on MZ or my email like i said. i have no hard feelings at all towards most of you so please dont take it as that.

Last edited by Acill on 06-May-2005 at 02:17 AM.
Last edited by Acill on 06-May-2005 at 01:49 AM.

Report this post  
Bodie_CI5 
Re: Please just stop!
Posted on 6-May-2005 1:54:31
#2 ]
Elite Member

People, I am replying from work... any cases of abuse will not be tolerated (no matter to WHOM it is being directed), suspensions will be meted out to any who contravene this site;s T&Ps, and I don't care who you are.

Be forewarned.

Profile     Report this post  
Plaz 
Posted on 6-May-2005 1:56:06
#3 ]

@Acill

Take heart. There are more sane sensible people in the community
who thank you for the efforts. It's the small minority that usually makes
the most noise. It's always the way. Many of us just read for info and
ignore the waste. I applaud your effort and commitment and wish you
luck for all your hard earned investment.
The lesson I've learned is, soilder on with your work, keep it close to
the vest and ignore detractors unless they can put their money where
their blow hole is.

Plaz

wegster 
Posted on 6-May-2005 2:03:56
#4 ]
Elite Member

@Acill

This is lame. Ignore the trolls and dump them into your killfile if they're sending you email. Get with it people- AInc is barely anything I'd call a _company_, let alone going to come in and provide custom chipsets or anything else half of the more fanatical seem to think. AOS4 on more hardware would only be a good thing, even if it makes someone a few more $ many aren't fond of. So what?

That's amazingly lame whomever sent this email- if YOU personally don't want to see OS4 on a Peg, that's fine, but it _could_ help the long term survival of the OS, and Acill was doing this out of pocket, not for financial gain or 'platform subversion.'

herewegoagain 
Posted on 6-May-2005 2:06:36
#5 ]
Elite Member

@Acill

You don't get off that easy! Stick around. There is work to be done, right?

Tony

miksuh 
Posted on 6-May-2005 2:16:51
#6 ]
Cult Member

@Acill

No matter what he said, don't let it depress you. I'm sure many of us do appreciate what you are trying to do. Good luck for you.

Whoever it was I can only say "Are you happy now?"

I have to say I can't understand why this is so big problem? If someone wants to use his own money to help OS4, I can't be against it. I think this could be the best chance to end the war between red and blue camps. Actually I thought it was almost over.

I don't trust BBRV either and I'm a bit worried about OS4 piracy, but maybe it all can be solved somehow. I think that OS4 port for the Pegasos would be just good for all of us, both red and blue guys.

cecilia 
Posted on 6-May-2005 2:24:43
#7 ]
Cult Member

@Acill

just had a quick look at the other thread - jesus is that long!

I'm not sure why you felt any need to contact BBRV about this, they have no say.

I think you simply are a nice person who is polite.

but like others, I don't trust BBRV.

From the email:Quote:
One other requirement: Rogue will have to refrain from bbrv insults

typical!
making demands when he ripped people off.

How about he take care of those that got rubber checks and everyone will "refrain from bbrv insults".

As to your project, I always encourage people to follow their heart on matters of creativity. If you feel something is doable, then make the effort to do it.
Good luck and don't let people discourage you.

AmigaMac 
Posted on 6-May-2005 2:35:05
#8 ]

@Acill

I wish you the best of luck. I also agree that it's time to get past the nonsense and get the community back together. It would be great to get the best of both worlds out of OS4 and MorphOS and make one great operating system ready to tackle Mac OS X and Windows XP. Amiga has a future, but it will be up to the community to see it forward.

jkirk 
Posted on 6-May-2005 3:00:51
#9 ]
Elite Member

@Acill

just ignore the bs thrown at you by the trolls the majority of the community is behind you in your endevor. best of luck to you.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

jkirk 
Posted on 6-May-2005 3:04:13
#10 ]
Elite Member

@cecilia

Quote:
I'm not sure why you felt any need to contact BBRV about this, they have no say.

i think someone will have to go through him or bplan to get the technical details to make such a porting easier/cheaper.

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

DJRJ 
Posted on 6-May-2005 3:26:22
#11 ]
Cult Member

@Acill

I think that this whole incident shows in perfect clarity exactly how the "Amiga" community stands today, and shows it at it's (regrettably typical) extreme. The only thing that we can do during moments like these is to take heart from the positives.

YOU are a positive in the Amiga community, and people like you. It's people like you who are the greatest hope of healing the rifts that are currently besetting our community. I own an A1 and will probably never buy a Peg but I support your efforts as I believe it is firmly entrenched in the best interests of the Amiga community as a whole. Other people may hold different views on this matter and, as long as they are willing to stay within the confines of spirited debate, their views should be respected.

The genetic defective who decided to throw the Troll Bomb your way (BTW - Nice piece of courage there, using a hush mail account. I wish I could be that brave...) perfectly illustrates the worst in our community, who sees the rifts, enjoys the rifts and are intent on widening the rifts at every opportunity. People like these (Red, Blue, Purple, Green (B5 reference), whatever...) should be seen for what they are, sad, pathetic, stay at home w@nkers with too much time on their hands and insufficient brains to do anything constructive with it. Ignore them, and watch your peace of mind grow.

Now stop wasting time reading this waffle and get back to work!

Doug

Edit - Embarrassing typo removed.

Last edited by DJRJ on 06-May-2005 at 03:28 AM.

Maybe add more for malfunctions and then we'll have music all day.

Billsey 
Posted on 6-May-2005 3:41:49
#12 ]
From: Look to where the waters meet in the midst of the land. It is here! St. Louis, Missouri, USA!

@Acill

Speaking from experience, those who try to do good will be attacked. There are those who will hate you without even knowing you. They might even succeed in doing damage to your reputation without ever relying on a single shred of truth. About all you can do is to hunker down and keep on going in spite of it. Try not to let them get you down. During the latest round against me, I wrote this. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed being given it.

Hitback 
Posted on 6-May-2005 3:45:10
#13 ]

@Acill

Paul if you let one person(s) stop you from moving towards your goal then you were never going to reach it anyway. My advice to you is to ingnor them. As I said if you put your money to were your mouth is it is a whole lot more then they are doing. Don't have your account remove or deleted becaus of one moron.

Stay the course finish the fight. You are a welcome member here. keep us abrest of any development wether good or bad at least you made the effort.

Now is not the time to quit!!!! Let Trolls be trolls let cowards be cowards but you just move on and do what needs to be done.

Hitback 
Posted on 6-May-2005 3:48:15
#14 ]

@Billsey

Well said, well said.

Anonymous 
Posted on 6-May-2005 4:07:57
# ]

@All

Still working on it, just not posting here any longer, last post for now. I'll post again after i get good news.

Report this post  
tomazkid 
Posted on 6-May-2005 5:00:31
#16 ]
Team Member

@Acill

Sounds very interesting.

OS4 on Pegasos would only give an alternative hardware plattform to OS4, I really can't understand the people that think it would be a bad idea.

The specs of the new Peg looked nice indeed, and it would be a nice plattform to run OS4 on I recon

Good luck!

Last edited by tomazkid on 06-May-2005 at 05:00 AM.

cell 
Posted on 6-May-2005 5:16:51
#17 ]

@Acill

Sorry to hear this mate -- you're doing a great service for everyone. There will always be some jerks around -- don't let them stop you from achieving what you want. Good luck!

MikeB 
Posted on 6-May-2005 6:06:33
#18 ]
Elite Member

@Acill

Quote:
Moderators please remove my account. I refuse to take part on a site where people feel they need to send emails to someone attempting only to bring OS4 to more people.

AmigaWorld.net receives many thousands of unique visitors a day (even people who just scan the discussions and news just to whine at other websites when there's something negative to "report"!).

I haven't read this email, but what if one of these thousands of people send you an anonymous email? How do you know for sure who actually wrote this, maybe it was just some "buddy" who's more of a regular at other website trying to pull a "prank" on you to see how you would react to such a troll (maybe through overgeneralistation AW visitors!). If this person happen to frequent MZ as well, are you gonna ask to have your account removed there as well?

Zardoz 
Posted on 6-May-2005 6:35:49
#19 ]
Team Member

@MikeB

Mike, you did read the other thread, it's quite obvious that it was one of the people with that mindset (not necesserily one of those in the thread though). It was certainly no random guy, it's one of the usual crazed idiots, they are the same, no matter the colour. THEY are the cancer of this community sadly...

Wizzard_o 
Posted on 6-May-2005 7:18:41
#20 ]
Cult Member
From: UK, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Solar System, Alpha Quadrant, The Milky-Way, Universe. 1.1.1.3.44.HP

@Acill

I dont mind OS 4 being ported to the PEG 2, its a good i idea as MOS users can see what they are missing out on without buying an A1 & A1 prices might get more 'competative'. As long as OS4 is finished for the A1/PPC Classic & there is an anti-copy program (for both PPC classic/PEG2)
The Name 'Amiga' used to mean an Amiga computer with Workbench. Now the days of the custom amiga hareware are gone, only the OS remains to carry the Amiga name so please rember its a PPC computer running Amiga OS4, who cares what the hardware's called as long as it runs OS4!

Wizz.

Last edited by Wizzard_o on 06-May-2005 at 07:20 AM.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle