Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
19 crawler(s) on-line.
 109 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

amigakit

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 amigakit:  2 mins ago
 Beajar:  14 mins ago
 kriz:  22 mins ago
 Rob:  24 mins ago
 amigang:  33 mins ago
 VooDoo:  54 mins ago
 RobertB:  56 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 22 mins ago
 Hypex:  1 hr 39 mins ago
 DiscreetFX:  5 hrs 3 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga OS4.x \ Workbench 4.x
      /  Mai lives.? Web site back up
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rogue 
Re: Mai lives.? Web site back up
Posted on 27-May-2005 17:47:41
#41 ]
OS4 Core Developer

@falemagn

Quote:
Whom were you referring to?

Who? Me?

Profile     Report this post  
shoe 
Posted on 27-May-2005 17:52:39
#42 ]

@AMiGR

Quote:
takemehomegrandma: was merely the top of the iceberg

Quote:
falemagn: that was only one minor thing in the whole.

Quote:
AMiGR: the website was the icing on the cake.

Nope ... The propaganda machine seems to be well-oiled to me. To miss that point someone had to be retarded. But thanks for pointing it out a third time.

--www.amigbg.com
/shoe

(edit: I have to admit this is pretty funny, but I'm afraid I have a life out there waiting for me (yepp, it's true) but if you do reach mai in your quest for the holy truth, tell them I said Hi!)

Last edited by shoe on 27-May-2005 at 05:55 PM.

MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 17:59:32
#43 ]
Elite Member

@AMiGR

Quote:
website was the icing on the cake

LOL, well forumulated! Trolls : "Yum yum!!!"

Do not feed the trolls...

mr2 
Posted on 27-May-2005 18:03:07
#44 ]
Cult Member

Oh look, Eyetech lives too! Death of conspiracy theory??

Anonymous 
Posted on 27-May-2005 18:04:21
# ]

Moved off front page.

/Björn

Report this post  
falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 18:35:17
#46 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@falemagn

Quote:
I can't hide it looked like a strawman attack to me. I haven't seen anyone (apart from some isolated anonymous people) claiming that MAI is gone because of their website having disappeared. As takemehomegrandma pointed out, that was only one minor thing in the whole.

I would be more thinking about the behaviour shown by some guerrilla warriors posting @ ANN, Moo and amiga-new.de

As said, a few anonymous people. And let's be honest: do you expect an anonymous person to come here and apologize? Apologize for what, btw? Is MAI not gone? Is that a fact?

Quote:

but maybe there's a reason why you felt he talks about you specificly?

About me?

Where have I stated I felt he talked about me? This is even the 1st time I enter such a topic... Mike, I don't think that putting words into my mouth will help anyone here.

Quote:

Don't you think there's a pinch of truth to such perspectives in general?

There's as much truth to it as there is your statement about me believing Rogue was talking of me.

Quote:

Quote:
I will then say that if you can't make names, don't say anything. We're all much better off without useless flames, don't you think?

I don't think we should hide the dirt under the carpet per se (it does negatively effect the community as a whole, I wrote a little about it here as well forumlated more as a friendly suggestion without finger poiting to specific people). So I see little problem with Rogue's statement. Making a general statement like "I think trolling hurts the Amiga community", isn't as a dangerous as stating "I think person A or B is a troll and he/she hurts the Amiga community".

So you're saying that all Rogue said is "trolling hurts"? Ok, if you say so... :)

~~ Henry Ford

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 18:36:22
#47 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

MikeB wrote:
@shoe

Quote:
smithy, falemagn, takemehomegrandma

They simply "care" about Mai..

What, am I not allowed to talk about what the rest of you is talking about? Please people, do speak clearly with me, insulting my intelligence only speaks bad about you.

~~ Henry Ford

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 18:38:21
#48 ]

@shoe
Quote:

Nope ... The propaganda machine seems to be well-oiled to me. To miss that point someone had to be retarded. But thanks for pointing it out a third time.

Propaganda machine? Are you accusing me of something? If so, please be clear and be ready to stand behind your words.

~~ Henry Ford

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 18:45:15
#49 ]

@MikeB

Calling people trolls just because they point out the obvious doesn't seem to be in line with the site's rules. How about moderating yourself, Mike?

Oh, and I would be so glad if all the accusations moved torwards me were spoken loudly and proved, instead of being just hinted at: if you want to be taken seriously, start to be serious.

~~ Henry Ford

drHirudo 
Posted on 27-May-2005 18:56:42
#50 ]

@falemagn
Quote:
Calling people trolls just because they point out the obvious doesn't seem to be in line with the site's rules.

If it so obvious why do three people which are not regulars here insist to point it out?
This hurts the inteligence of the visitors. If it's so obvious like you claims, we can figure it by ourselves.
Anyway, thanks for your "care" about the regulars on this forum.[/sarcasm]

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:05:29
#51 ]

@drHirudo

Quote:

If it so obvious why do three people which are not regulars here insist to point it out?

Oh well, I pointed it one time, and two other people pointed it one time each. It just means we agree on something, that's all.

And for not being a regular here: look at your posts count, then look at mine. Then tell me if you still think I'm not a regular here.

As if it was relevant anyway...

Quote:

This hurts the inteligence of the visitors. If it's so obvious like you claims, we can figure it by ourselves.
Anyway, thanks for your "care" about the regulars on this forum.[/sarcasm]

The fact you keep considering yourself a "regular" whilst having posted here less than I have speaks for itself, I believe. But anyway...

Last edited by falemagn on 27-May-2005 at 07:05 PM.

~~ Henry Ford

MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:08:17
#52 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:
Calling people trolls

My statement of not feeding trolls was a general one and I did not specify that this would relate to you. The only thing I stated with regard to you, was that you "care" about the wellbeing of Mai Logic. I don't want to go into details on *why*I think you "care".

MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:13:29
#53 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:
The fact you keep considering yourself a "regular" whilst having posted here less than I have speaks for itself, I believe. But anyway...

Well I think he may refer to the fact that you don't seem to participate as much in the usual chitchat and interests (like you would elsewhere), but rather seem to fuel certain specific topics.

drHirudo 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:13:50
#54 ]

@falemagn

Quote:

I visit this site daily since I subscribed. I posted less than you because I prefer more to work than talk, but I guess that depends on the character. Also I subscirbed later than you, that counts too.

I am still waiting for the people who danced on the MAI site's disappearance to appologize, but I don't see this ever happening.

P.S. I reply mostly to tell my experience with AmigaOS 4, the others topics are less interesting for me and I post them less. BTW this is way getting offtopic. END.

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:14:07
#55 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

My statement of not feeding trolls was a general one and I did not specify that this would relate to you.

You replied to AmiGr's post, it's only natural you were referring to him and the other 2 of us who expressed more or less the same concept.

Otherwise, please tell me why you felt the need to advice people to not feed trolls in reply to AmiGr.

But this is so silly anyway... do you think I'm stupid or what?

Quote:

The only thing I stated with regard to you, was that you "care" about the wellbeing of Mai Logic. I don't want to go into details on *why*I think you "care".

I don't care at all about MAI logic, I was simply pointing out that what Rogue said doesn't apply to the current situation.

But anyway, I'm eager to know why you think I care, and it would be adult of you to explain it, instead of hiding.

~~ Henry Ford

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:18:26
#56 ]

@drHirudo

Quote:

drHirudo wrote:
@falemagn

Quote:

I visit this site daily since I subscribed.

So do I.

Quote:
I posted less than you because I prefer more to work than talk, but I guess that depends on the character.

How mature of you to make such remarks about someone you don't even know.

Quote:

Also I subscirbed later than you, that counts too.

Sure it does, it means that if I'm not a regular then you're even less so. Simple logic, really.

Quote:

I am still waiting for the people who danced on the MAI site's disappearance to appologize, but I don't see this ever happening.

And I think I'll wait invain for you to apologize for having insulted me and my intelligence...

Quote:

P.S. I reply mostly to tell my experience with AmigaOS 4, the others topics are less interesting for me and I post them less. BTW this is way getting offtopic. END.

I don't care at all where or when or how much you post, but it seems that it doesn't work the same way for you.

~~ Henry Ford

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:23:08
#57 ]

@MikeB

Quote:

Well I think he may refer to the fact that you don't seem to participate as much in the usual chitchat and interests (like you would elsewhere), but rather seem to fuel certain specific topics.

Anyone is interested in specific topics, and you'll find that my kind of postings here are quite well distributed among various topics.

~~ Henry Ford

MikeB 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:24:36
#58 ]
Elite Member

@falemagn

Quote:
You replied to AmiGr's post, it's only natural you were referring to him

Most certainly not. I had a nice and friendly PM exchange with Alkis the other day.

His interest in the AmigaOS4 project may only be secondary, but I view him as quite a moderate and not as a troll.

Quote:
Otherwise, please tell me why you felt the need to advice people to not feed trolls in reply to AmiGr.

*Sign* The website downtime was food for trolls.. Mai Logic fed the trolls, bad bad Mai..

Quote:
I don't care at all about MAI logic

You seem to care enough to particpate in Mai related topics.

drHirudo 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:26:39
#59 ]

@falemagn

Quote:
But anyway, I'm eager to know why you think I care,

well I am not MikeB, but here is a simple example from my experience:

I don't care about RiscOS - Fact.
I've NEVER posted in any RiscOS related forum or newsgroup or place - Fact.

These two facts speak loud enough. Now your case:

You claim that you don't care at all about MAI logic.
Quote:
I don't care at all about MAI logic,

It's up to you to confirm if this is true or not.

You post in a thread related to MAI logic - this is for sure.

If you don't care about it, why do you post?
If you don't care about it, then you surely wouldn't know anything about it, why do you post?
By you claims that you don't care, then your posts wouldn't be informative enough, why do you want to spread misinformation?

Now, it would be adult of you to explain it, instead of hiding.

What's your true purpose in posting in this forum at all?
To saving the community will be a stupid answer. Most of the Amiga users are adult matured personals and they can decide by themselves.

falemagn 
Posted on 27-May-2005 19:29:27
#60 ]

@drHirudo
Quote:

If you don't care about it, why do you post?

I think I've already explained it. Please read my posts carefully before replying.

~~ Henry Ford

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle