Click Here
home features news forums classifieds faqs links search
6071 members 
Amiga Q&A /  Free for All /  Emulation /  Gaming / (Latest Posts)
Login

Nickname

Password

Lost Password?

Don't have an account yet?
Register now!

Support Amigaworld.net
Your support is needed and is appreciated as Amigaworld.net is primarily dependent upon the support of its users.
Donate

Menu
Main sections
» Home
» Features
» News
» Forums
» Classifieds
» Links
» Downloads
Extras
» OS4 Zone
» IRC Network
» AmigaWorld Radio
» Newsfeed
» Top Members
» Amiga Dealers
Information
» About Us
» FAQs
» Advertise
» Polls
» Terms of Service
» Search

IRC Channel
Server: irc.amigaworld.net
Ports: 1024,5555, 6665-6669
SSL port: 6697
Channel: #Amigaworld
Channel Policy and Guidelines

Who's Online
14 crawler(s) on-line.
 121 guest(s) on-line.
 1 member(s) on-line.

DiscreetFX

You are an anonymous user.
Register Now!
 DiscreetFX:  21 secs ago
 RobertB:  18 mins ago
 OlafS25:  1 hr 8 mins ago
 Bruce72:  1 hr 10 mins ago
 Rob:  1 hr 41 mins ago
 MEGA_RJ_MICAL:  1 hr 57 mins ago
 t0lkien:  2 hrs 2 mins ago
 amigakit:  2 hrs 23 mins ago
 OneTimer1:  2 hrs 36 mins ago
 Troels:  3 hrs 38 mins ago

/  Forum Index
   /  Amiga News & Events
      /  Amiga inc Hires Jamie Krueger
Register To Post

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Hans 
Re: Amiga inc Hires Jamie Krueger
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 4:54:48
#141 ]
Elite Member

@JamieKrueger

Quote:
As if to add injury to insult, both of my AmigaONE machines are failing. I suspect
that I can repair the A1-XE, but I'm not really sure what's wrong with the Micro A1.
Another reason why I was hoping for new hardware that would run AmigaOS4.

The SAM 440ep runs Amiga OS 4, and has done for a while, and the SAM 440 flex is also out. I was under the impression that you knew about these new boards.

You have an interesting opinion of the legal spat between Hyperion and Amiga Inc., which is understandable given that you work for Amiga Inc. However, Amiga Inc. has lost its credibility, and I'm inclined to disagree that it's Hyperion's fault that the legal issues haven't been sorted out yet. I really do hope that these two companies can get come to a win-win agreement.

Your suggestion that Amiga Inc. has started writing an OS from scratch makes me wonder what would happen with all that code if an amicable agreement were reached. Having duplicate but incompatible efforts does not sound good.

Hans

Profile     Report this post  
tiffers 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 5:09:53
#142 ]

@Hans

Quote:
However, Amiga Inc. has lost its credibility, and I'm inclined to disagree that it's Hyperion's fault that the legal issues haven't been sorted out yet.

Only those direclty involved in the actual business transactions, and later negotiations between the 2 parties will ever know who has honestly tried to sort it out, and who, if anyone, has tried to twist certain laws to their benefit.

There has been questionable behaviour on both sides from what I read. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world where everyoen does their best to benefit other people.

I will never condemn nor prejudicially support either side, because I just don't know, authoritatively, everything that has gone on behind the scenes.

tiffers

logicalheart 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 7:09:49
#143 ]
Cult Member

@tiffers
AmigaInc took services and products from many individuals and companies, then decided not to pay for them. Try to call that something better than theft. They also sold product promotions to thousands of users, including myself. Then said they were under no obligation to deliver what we bought. AmigaInc also dumped on the Classic Amiga and said they would replace it with AmigaAnywhere, which they never did. That is the short version of a much more terrible story and I won't write more about it in this thread.

I'm sad Jamie ignores the people AmigaInc rips off and lies to, just because he personally doesn't get victimized by them. But, I think Jamie's post here is great and well stated. It is really good to see the time put into his response. Even in my disagreement, I enjoyed reading the whole thing. So, I hope his individual wishes for AVD become a reality. Good Luck.

Seer 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 7:48:07
#144 ]
Team Member

@logicalheart

Just a side note, but as long as Amiga Inc doesn't "control" OS4 they can't honor the coupon deal. (In no way do I say they are innocent, just stating a problem, not saying they will if they did control OS4, we'll say someday, or not..)

Anyway, it doesn't matter who's fault the current situation is anymore.

Then said they were under no obligation to deliver what we bought.

Legally apparently they aren't.. Just how it works sorry..

Anyway I agree with what Jamie said.. Tho if "bigger players" would show interest if there wasn't a legal dispute is something I do doubt.

Last edited by Seer on 12-Jun-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Hans 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 7:59:05
#145 ]
Elite Member

@tiffers

I'm not condemning either side, but I disagree with his opinion that the "legal battle continues to exist because Hyperion wishes it." I'm sure that Amiga Inc. are "willing to resolve the issue" just as much as I'm sure that Hyperion wishes to resolve the legal spat too. The problem lies in finding a resolution that both sides find acceptable.

Still, Amiga Inc. have lost their credibility in my eyes, and based on what I've seen to date, I know who I'd prefer to "win" if there has to be a loser.

Hans

Al4 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 9:17:08
#146 ]

@JamieKrueger

So OS 5 is to be an OS from scratch. Have they/you started it?

BillE 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 9:18:13
#147 ]

@Seer

Quote:
ust a side note, but as long as Amiga Inc doesn't "control" OS4 they can't honor the coupon deal. (In no way do I say they are innocent, just stating a problem, not saying they will if they did control OS4, we'll say someday, or not..)

Garbage. Amiga Inc are the ones that took the money. They are the ones who are obliged to give a refund. I do not care about which Amiga Inc is which, it is Bill McEwen personally behind this scam and he is still the one who should be refunding dis-satisfied customers/

They never spent any of the money furthering the Amiga One project nor OS4. They took the money under flase pretenses. They did not start out selling T-Shirts, providing a product that is not described as advertised is 100% illegal in the UK and A Inc / aka McEwen should be held accountable.

Amiga Inc are the ones with our money, they are the ones that owe us - regardless of whether they control OS4 or not. They should not have even promised what they could not deliver - that is a scam.

There is nothing stopping McEwen refunding what he took.

Seer 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 10:13:29
#148 ]
Team Member

@BillE

They never spent any of the money furthering the Amiga One project nor OS4

Has nothing to do with this and was the entire idea behind the "Amiga One partnership" IIRC.. The cost of the Hardware development was for Eyetech, the costs for the OS development was for Hyperion, Amiga Inc could then fund their glorious Amiga DE..

They should not have even promised what they could not deliver - that is a scam.

That's in hindsight, back when Amiga Inc offered the deal all was good.. The Amig Inc

Garbage. Amiga Inc are the ones that took the money. They are the ones who are obliged to give a refund. I do not care about which Amiga Inc is which, it is Bill McEwen personally behind this scam and he is still the one who should be refunding dis-satisfied customers/

Wheter you like it or not, they "Amiga Inc" who took the money is not the current Amiga Inc, just as the current Commodore is not the former Commodore, nor as the current Atari is not the former Atari..

That McEwen is involved in both.. Well, sorry, legally no problem, or else, sue him or Amiga Inc.

Maybe not, but, as I said, he has no legal obligation to do so. Morally maybe.

And yes, I wouldn't mind my cash back either. I am not saying Amiga inc are angels (or that Hyperion or Eyetech are). If you believe you are entitled for a refund then take action. And no, complaining here is not taking action.

Last edited by Seer on 12-Jun-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Last edited by Seer on 12-Jun-2009 at 10:15 AM.

KimmoK 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 10:39:38
#149 ]
Elite Member

@JamieKrueger

Thank you for informing us.

It seems that AmigaOS&Community is being held as hostage by some companies, again (remembering old PowerUP wars etc...)... Stupid politics!

What is the latest estimate of the time needed to get things sorted out with Hyperion & AmigaInc?

This year? Then you just keep those sources for a while.
Next decade? Then do option 2 or 3.

In the end, if AOS fate is f*cked up forever by company policies, the fate of AVD does not matter much either! Release it for AROS.

UPDATE:
Quote:
perion Entertainment wishes to thank its loyal customer-base for its continued support as it embarks on its most ambitious project to date – watch this space for further information.

Ok. Now I know (kind of) Hyperion's next big project. HyperOS5.0 that surpricingly is API compliant with AOS4. There goes the AmigaOS continuation...

Last edited by KimmoK on 12-Jun-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Last edited by KimmoK on 12-Jun-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Last edited by KimmoK on 12-Jun-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Last edited by KimmoK on 12-Jun-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Last edited by KimmoK on 12-Jun-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Last edited by KimmoK on 12-Jun-2009 at 10:45 AM.

// Thing that I should find more time for: CC64 - 64bit Community Computer?

AmigaBlitter 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 11:44:04
#150 ]
Elite Member

@JamieKrueger

Quote:
From what I can see this legal battle continues to exist because Hyperion wishes it, and not because Amiga Inc. has not been willing to resolve the issue. I respect the developers at Hyperion and all those that continue to support OS4 with their own contributions. However, Hyperion as a company is threatening to compete with the previous owners of Amiga for driving nails into the coffin that once was the Amiga computer.

The legal battle continue to exit because Hyperion wishes it, and not because Amiga Inc. has not been willing to resolve the issue?

I think you have to explain better. Is this an accusation or what? Although you said this are personal opinion you have made precise statement from the point of view of an internal employee.

At this point the confusion grow up.

Amigo1 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 11:45:29
#151 ]

@JamieKrueger

I vote for option number 3.
Release it to the public so that amigadevs can continue you great work.

HKvalhe 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 12:18:21
#152 ]

@amitv

It might be, but this is old news...This might no longer be the case now that they are spending much time argueing against Hyperion Entertainment during the trial case..

Lou 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 13:12:04
#153 ]
Elite Member

I call bull!

Jamie,

If you are a well paid Amiga Inc. employee, nothing stops you from finishing AVD in your spare time. If you feel so much loyalty to Amiga Inc., nothing is stopping you from contracting your employer to publishing and distributing your product. Working on it does not violate any contract you should have with AInc. as it existed prior to your employment, per your own words.

In the end, to me you have fallen for another one of McScrew'em's community knee-capping efforts.

In your post, you ignore the existence of SAM and OS4.1. You don't need OS4 sources to write software. The dev paks are available. To me your words look very calculated and I can't help feeling like you are just a lapdog now.

If you are working on a competing OS...then what is it? I don't see any competition other than MorphOS and AROS. You are not an OS developer, you write apps. Lack of OS sources should not stop you from writing apps.

If AInc. had such an open and shut case, then none of us would still be discussing this excrement. You don't work on AVD because you choose not to. Plain and simple to me.

@Seer,
If AInc. cared about this community, and wanted to rebuild community support they could offer a refund when the coupon or "Party Pack" disc was sent to them. No such offer will ever come. All there is is a legal case to get something for nothing.

ps,
AROS looks more and more like it will be the winner as I postulated some time ago.

Seer 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 13:24:36
#154 ]
Team Member

@Lou

Did I ever say they cared ? Did I ever say they are good guys ? I won't call them bad guys either tho. To much stuff happened and all sides are to blame. (a bad contract is a bad contract, we all know who made and signed it)

If you had paid attention when Animo first started it was allready clear that they didn't care for the community.

Unless you think them declaring the "classic Amiga (OS)" dead is caring for the community.. The Amiga One partner deal was because the "gave in" to what the community wanted and Hyperion and Eyetech were happy enough to take on the task to do it.

Everything A Inc was doing back then was for Amiga DE... And seems they still do, except they now call it Amiga OS5.

The last few news items they made were for the court case, not for us.

Last edited by Seer on 12-Jun-2009 at 01:28 PM.

andres 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 13:41:05
#155 ]

I don't believe in anything Ainc related.

Home Recording Audio

Lou 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 14:32:05
#156 ]
Elite Member

@Seer

Quote:

Seer wrote:
@Lou

Did I ever say they cared ? Did I ever say they are good guys ? I won't call them bad guys either tho. To much stuff happened and all sides are to blame. (a bad contract is a bad contract, we all know who made and signed it)

Can we agree to call them the "worse guys"?

fairlanefastback 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 15:32:44
#157 ]
Team Member

@JamieKrueger

Quote:
1.) I am still working for Amiga Inc. and under a current NDA with them so my answers to any Amiga Inc. related issues are going to be very limited, if any. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

We are *very* familiar with Amiga, Inc.'s near constant stance to not include the community in any of its directions or plans. Luckily, given all the years, the proof is in the pudding. Your firm has produced zilch that is of interest to the vast majority of the communuity. Your firm makes wild statements about having an operating system already developed that is "much better" than OSX from Apple. Troels even says Bill claims you guys possess (but refuse to release) a fully modern browser for AOS 4.0. You make non-innovative cell phone software (how many tip calculators are on the market - jeez). You advertise having a company in India that has produced nothing, not completing simple advertised projects in years. You partner with firms with horrible reputations like ACK, which give every appearance to have been a stunt based on the court case. You waste the time of an entire city in Washington state with some hair-brain idea about sponsoring an arena for a local hockey team by spending millions and millions on it, even offering more than the city had asked for! Then your firm backs out of the deal, leaving that city in a lurch. And yet, those unused millions upon millions don't get the public any worthwhile product since that time.

Quote:
Bill is a good guy who lives in a near constant state of extreme pressure, so please give him a break OK.

Pressure from what? He has kept his job for years now despite no results from the firm. He has kept his job despite severe public embarassment over the Kent arena affair in the mainstream media and the fiasco in the technology news stories about him saying his vaporware OS is much better than Apple OSX. He has kept his job despite the absolute failure of your latest product, AA2. He lacked the moral fiber to not back this "new" Amiga, Inc. which took all the worthwhile assets of the old one, but left a number of open liabilities unpaid. I'm sorry, but Bolton Peck is a much more sympathetic player in all of this than Bill could ever be.

Quote:
Taking the job at Amiga, Inc.: Toward the end of June 2007, my personal financial status had hit critical levels

You do what you have to do I suppose. But Snowman maker is not what we want, sorry.

Amiga 1200

Dirk-B 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 15:34:03
#158 ]

@JamieKrueger

Hi Jamie, here is Dirk from Belgium.

As one of your big sponsors for FreeAVD i would like to choose
the number 1 solution, but as you say you can not work on it in
your free time then i am more tempted to go for the choise 3 as
i do not think that you will get enough money from choise 2.

Maybe you could make contact with the developer of this programme:
http://www.hd-rec.de/pics/AIDE2s.png
Maybe you have some things in common, i do not know.

Al4 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 16:11:19
#159 ]

@fairlanefastback

Quote:
Troels even says Bill claims you guys possess (but refuse to release) a fully modern browser for AOS 4.0

If the claim is true, then they have done something useful for Amiga stuff. Effectively useless if it is unavailable to os4. It's a case of the proof is in the pudding, as you say. Maybe they plan to do something after the case, but on what outcome are they going to help OS4? Partial ownership or total ownership? Someone said it would not be a clear verdict in one party's favour.

Amigo1 
Posted on 12-Jun-2009 16:15:01
#160 ]

@Seer

to me it seems that hiding behind law can be the easy way Quote:

Seer wrote:
@BillE

Wheter you like it or not, they "Amiga Inc" who took the money is not the current Amiga Inc, just as the current Commodore is not the former Commodore, nor as the current Atari is not the former Atari..

That McEwen is involved in both.. Well, sorry, legally no problem, or else, sue him or Amiga Inc.

Maybe not, but, as I said, he has no legal obligation to do so. Morally maybe.

we all know it can be pretty easy to hide behind some law postulating you have the right lawyers. And it's too easy to say "they have no obligation to do so".
We are talking about credibility, just because they are so smart and found a legal hole, it's not that I personally prise or find them admirable. On the contrary they've lost credibility. Added to all the rest they stated in public forums, from my POV this credibility is almost eternally frozen to –273,15 °C; –459,67 °F.
I'm not even sure if I would stay loyal to OS4 if they're back in. Maybe if Bill would tell the truth and not some blabla fancy worded sentences referring to some previous paragraph on the last page of the before last letter he wrote 2 years back when he just came back from his barbie at 5 in the morning.
Quote:

And yes, I wouldn't mind my cash back either. I am not saying Amiga inc are angels (or that Hyperion or Eyetech are). If you believe you are entitled for a refund then take action. And no, complaining here is not taking action.

well, it's easy said wasn't there a poll some years back asking for whom would group together to file a charge against them? I for my self have not the time nor the money to pay an attorney to have legal action against some outlandish firm to get a refund for the 100Eur I paid -gullibly and lightheaded.

Don't you think?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )

[ home ][ about us ][ privacy ] [ forums ][ classifieds ] [ links ][ news archive ] [ link to us ][ user account ]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2019 Amigaworld.net.
Amigaworld.net was originally founded by David Doyle